6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

I've enjoyed watching his cameos recently but if I was advising him I'm not sure signing an extension at United is the best decision...he needs to be playing a lot more minutes and his route into the current first team is pretty much blocked. Adding another attacker in the summer will push him down the list even further.

Sylar

I've enjoyed watching his cameos recently but if I was advising him I'm not sure signing an extension at United is the best decision...he needs to be playing a lot more minutes and his route into the current first team is pretty much blocked. Adding another attacker in the summer will push him down the list even further.
Im not sure how it's blocked because he's made first team appearances?

NoPace

I’d be worried if all we can get for him at this stage of his career is a Championship loan. He’s already played in La Liga and has had good performances for United. He’d be almost 23 returning from Sunderland to perhaps establish his place on United bench, it’s reasonably young but not super young anymore.
Plays on the right (at least he has so far, no idea if he will long-term, it's fairly rare these days) so there should be a solid backup role for him in the Prem if we can find a team with no depth there like Leicester if they lose Maddison (just Tete and Barnes out wide since they might just start an extra CM over Pellistri and move Maddison wider) or Fulham if they don't sign a RW and Harry Wilson moves to a Champo side (which he probably should) and it's just De-Cordova Reid at RW and Willian and Solomon out left. No real backup #10 either which might lead to one of the left wingers playing instead of Palhinha, as long as they don't sign one and just buy a holding mid type to backup Reed and Palhina. Also 3 promoted teams of course.

La Liga also makes sense, gotta be some mid-table sides who could use him out right.

CM10

That would be a very Chelsea move but I think we'd be sensible to do it. The talent is obvious but he needs the opportunity to play every week so he can fine tune it. If Amad returns next season we'll have too much competition in that position.

NoPace

Thanks. Still, if he is very happy he should just play him. It's really odd as I expected him to really like him indeed (not just talent but attitude, be it confidence, discipline or simply being a lovely chap).

Can't wrap my head around it at all.
We've exchanged on this before, but I'm assuming Ten Hag thinks he'll start scoring the occasional goal once/if he gets physically stronger around 23/24, or his finishing sharpens or both. If you figure his median outcome is pretty high based on his Uruguay performances and is let's say a Rafa Silva/Otavio type (but not a Bernardo Silva quality star) who would be a quality backup RW here pushing Antony when he's out of form and being an energetic sub, they took until that age to start scoring enough goals for an attacker to be in that role here.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We've exchanged on this before, but I'm assuming Ten Hag thinks he'll start scoring the occasional goal once/if he gets physically stronger around 23/24, or his finishing sharpens or both. If you figure his median outcome is pretty high based on his Uruguay performances and is let's say a Rafa Silva/Otavio type (but not a Bernardo Silva quality star) who would be a quality backup RW here pushing Antony when he's out of form and being an energetic sub, they took until that age to start scoring enough goals for an attacker to be in that role here.
I agree we need to be less reliant on Rashford and understand ETH expects his wingers to score, but personally I think he is a quality backup to push Antony as it is.

Antony has only scored a goal every five games, with no assists, while Facundo in 102 minutes has an assist and two incidents people keep confusing for an assist, that's how instrumental he was in the goalscoring opportunity materialising (Dalot lay off vs... Leeds?, cross to McT before WW scores rebound).

He offers something none of our other forwards do, and if that results in us scoring I couldn't care less who actually does it.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Hopefully he gets more chances in the first team asap, given Antony’s poor form there’s no reason why he can’t take his place. I like Antony and don’t wanna join in the bashing, I’m glad ETH got his man and I think he will in time, develop his weak foot and improve but he isn’t justifying so much game time right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’ll probably get more chances with Garnacho injured. Has to make use of them.

Strootman's Finger

I have been quite impressed with Pellistri, as most have, so I would prefer to see him stay, but either way, he's going to be a good player, United level is the question mark, but he'll definitely be worth something. To be honest, I basically see this as the end, sign him to a new contract, send him on loan at a place that isn't a waste of time like Alavez, pump up his value, and sell him next summer when the fans aren't as emotionally invested in him.

Chief123

I have been quite impressed with Pellistri, as most have, so I would prefer to see him stay, but either way, he's going to be a good player, United level is the question mark, but he'll definitely be worth something. To be honest, I basically see this as the end, sign him to a new contract, send him on loan at a place that isn't a waste of time like Alavez, pump up his value, and sell him next summer when the fans aren't as emotionally invested in him.
For me he has potential to go a lot further than the likes of Elanga. He’s even got decent international experience now. We should be doing everything to keep him and also letting him develop wherever is best for him.

I’d like to see him loaned to somewhere like Brighton where they play attractive football while also getting premier league experience.

NoPace

I agree we need to be less reliant on Rashford and understand ETH expects his wingers to score, but personally I think he is a quality backup to push Antony as it is.

Antony has only scored a goal every five games, with no assists, while Facundo in 102 minutes has an assist and two incidents people keep confusing for an assist, that's how instrumental he was in the goalscoring opportunity materialising (Dalot lay off vs... Leeds?, cross to McT before WW scores rebound).

He offers something none of our other forwards do, and if that results in us scoring I couldn't care less who actually does it.
Yeah, I think it's clear that Antony isn't gonna be a high assist guy (though he will start to create some) and Pellistri might be good in that regard, but he's probably not going to hit a goal every 5 games yet.

I agree he has a direct old fashioned winger game and we don't have anyone else like that, and I think those guys are still useful off the bench or when you have fullbacks who can play tucked inside in midfield (like a Zinchenko, or Malacia looks promising in this regard) and a goal scorer on the opposite wing, and Rashford and Garnacho are primarily goal scorers.

I really have no idea what's gonna happen on the right side next year. If we sign a #8 and Eriksen can play #10 more then Bruno can be the backup and then only one of Pellistri, Sancho or Amad should be here and I genuinely have no idea who. Sancho is presumably the best player despite looking so average for us, but then again he's the one we could probably get 40M for instead of like 15M. He could also go on loan while one of Pellistri or Amad gets a shot (with Bruno as insurance). I definitely think Elanga needs to go on loan and get a shot to play LW somewhere and hopefully score some goals and raise his value (unless a great offer just comes in this summer).

Irwin99

Him and Elanga will get more minutes now you would think. Hopefully they take the opportunities.

Sylar

@Sylar

Change "blocked" to "limited" if you like...the point is he hasn't played many minutes.
He's had 102 minutes so far in almost 75% of the season. Elsewhere he would likely be way past 2000.
Whilst i agree with this, what we have seen post world cup is hes been used more in certain situations where it looks like the manager trusts him. Hopefully starts this thursday too.

I can see him racking up more minutes and appearances (esp with Garnacho hurt) until the end of the season then a decision will be made. Him making an impact has worked to his favour for sure. His age defo works for him. If he does go out on loan next season hopefully its a good move as weve had some flop loan deals for our players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder if the Garnacho injury does much for him, actually. Has ten Hag used Pellistri on the left? Admittedly tiny sample size.

Strootman's Finger

For me he has potential to go a lot further than the likes of Elanga. He’s even got decent international experience now. We should be doing everything to keep him and also letting him develop wherever is best for him.

I’d like to see him loaned to somewhere like Brighton where they play attractive football while also getting premier league experience.
This is what I would prefer too, he's very different to any other winger we have, although, not really a United style winger, but I like him a lot. If we get new owners and they can properly finance the team, then what I said becomes mute, but to me, at this point, they're looking to increase his value and he'll be next summers James Garner.

Chief123

This is what I would prefer too, he's very different to any other winger we have, although, not really a United style winger, but I like him a lot. If we get new owners and they can properly finance the team, then what I said becomes mute, but to me, at this point, they're looking to increase his value and he'll be next summers James Garner.
My concern for Pellistri would be he’s a right footed winger who plays on the right. Not necessarily a problem in itself, but it could potentially mean having to change team tactics to accommodate him. Modern football seems to be an abundance of inverted wingers. Even ETH prefers to play this while having overlapping full backs.

It will be interesting to see how he is used when he does get game time for us. There just don’t seem to be any wingers out their with that profile. Possibly foden the only one who comes to mind who plays on the wing which is their strongest foot.

CM10

Wonder if the Garnacho injury does much for him, actually. Has ten Hag used Pellistri on the left? Admittedly tiny sample size.
I was wondering about this too. Garnacho has been the direct option used of the bench, usually with Antony providing the safer option on the other side for balance. Maybe Pellistri could be used in a similar way to Garnacho with Sancho providing the balance on the left.

lex talionis

My concern for Pellistri would be he’s a right footed winger who plays on the right. Not necessarily a problem in itself, but it could potentially mean having to change team tactics to accommodate him. Modern football seems to be an abundance of inverted wingers. Even ETH prefers to play this while having overlapping full backs.

It will be interesting to see how he is used when he does get game time for us. There just don’t seem to be any wingers out their with that profile. Possibly foden the only one who comes to mind who plays on the wing which is their strongest foot.
Facundo’s right-footedness would be the very reason to have him back up Antony, and in fact I’d say Antony should be careful not to let Facundo overtake him.

Strootman's Finger

Ten Hag certainly likes his inverted wingers, but I think options are good. Foden is an interesting comparison, because Pellestri does almost seem more like a City type player than United.

Irwin99

Elanga had moments last season but that's it
Yeah the goal vs Madrid in particular. The squad players need to step up with the injuries happening so, there are opportunities for a few of these players.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Pointless exercise if you ask me. You would be forcing him into a cut in and shoot inverted winger role, which isn't his thing.

Build his confidence using him the way he is working well rather than trying to "develop his weakness". That is literally what you would do, place emphasis on his weaknesses instead of building on his strengths.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Pellestri will get his chance against Betis since Antony is not travelling with the squad. I really hope he will convince ETH that he has a future here. For someone so young and was recommended to buy, he must have something in his locker.

Cathy Ferguson

Tricky player but he lacks the physique to play for us. I do not even rate him as an understudy to Antony. Should go on loan while we recall Amad.

Bertie Wooster

I imagine ETH will go with his more regular starters, but this wouldn't be a bad game to give Pellistri his first start given that, out of his 41 career appearances at club level, 35 of them were on loan in Spain so he's currently more used to Spanish opponents than English ones.

There's also a little pressure off, given we have a 3 goal lead and, with no Antony, Martial or Garnacho, then it's not like he'd be a 'big call' ahead of those more established stars so feeling pressurised to justify the selection or anything.

The one downside of selecting him away at Betis is that they can create quite an intimidating atmosphere so could be a bit of a cauldron if they take the lead and the pressure starts building on us.

But all part of his learning, I guess, and we need to find out sooner or later whether he can cope with the responsibility of being a starter with us. So certainly wouldn't be averse to seeing him getting a start. Although, as I said, I suspect ETH won't risk it and will go with the more established players to start with and use Pellistri in the Garnacho 'impact sub' role.

Telsim

Did okay for a first start, I think. Definitely no worse than Antony. Just needs to work on his positioning more, and also looked completely gassed after the 70', so lacking fitness.

I want to see more.

Did okay for a first start, I think. Definitely no worse than Antony. Just needs to work on his positioning more, and also looked completely gassed after the 70', so lacking fitness.

I want to see more.
I thought he was almost comically poor in the first half and looked like a boy against men.
Did better in the second when Betis eased off the pressure.
Antony looks a miles better player.

zaafi

I thought he was almost comically poor in the first half and looked like a boy against men.
It depends how you look at it. Pellistri has been better at creating for team mates and fluid movement. Antony barely creates anything and just tries to curl it in every opportunity he gets. Pellistri absolutely needs to work on his physique though.

Sancho99

Did well considering it was his first 90 minutes for us. Definitely tired from 70 minutes onwards but so were the whole team. He got into some decent positions but our final ball was awful all night.

mu4c_20le

Don't think he showed enough to win the spot from Antony.

Still a decent impact sub.

Dan_F

Yep. Makes a difference not being up against tired defenders. Even Elanga looked lively tonight in the last 10.

I’m not shitting on the guy, but being able to use his right foot doesn’t mean he’s adding more to the team than Antony.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not a player to start games but a decent option for the period when game opens up, better than Antony in counter attacking. Nothing overly impressive though. He doesn't seem particularly fast and agile for such a small player.

Status
Not open for further replies.