6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

He will run at people and with the ball. WW was waste of a sub and certainly he also could have been brought on for eriksen.

I don't understand our use of him. He's had decent cameos for us
IMO Pellestri is a player of one or two moment per game at the moment. Outside of that he's very pointless.

Like last week, he had that run which result in Weghorst messed up chance to lay off to Elanga. But outside of that, our right wing got dominated with him. He's a significant downgrade of Antony when we can't control the game, which this game is another one. I see him similar to Sabitzer in that he can look trying, but opponent can keep him off at an arm length.

Sylar

IMO Pellestri is a player of one or two moment per game at the moment. Outside of that he's very pointless.

Like last week, he had that run which result in Weghorst messed up chance to lay off to Elanga. But outside of that, our right wing got dominated with him. He's a significant downgrade of Antony when we can't control the game, which this game is another one. I see him similar to Sabitzer in that he can look trying, but opponent can keep him off at an arm length.
For 20 mins that's much better than WW hence why I'm thinking we needed to try something that hasn't failed before

ti vu

For 20 mins that's much better than WW hence why I'm thinking we needed to try something that hasn't failed before
I might word my last post wrongly. I meant Pellistri at best may get that moment, but there was time he couldn't manage that even with 30+ minutes (for Uruguay at the World Cup).

This game at 0-2, it's a coin toss choosing among shite option. I don't think Weghorst is bad choice without hindsight given that the desperate situation is similar to LVG throwing playing well tactic out of the window, and tried someone who is striker by trade, trying to get goal and succeeded against Argentina.

Pellistri record is not known for scoring goals.

Sylar

I might word my last post wrongly. I meant Pellistri at best may get that moment, but there was time he couldn't manage that even with 30+ minutes (for Uruguay at the World Cup).

This game at 0-2, it's a coin toss choosing among shite option. I don't think Weghorst is bad choice without hindsight given that the desperate situation is similar to LVG throwing playing well tactic out of the window, and tried someone who is striker by trade, trying to get goal and succeeded against Argentina.

Pellistri record is not known for scoring goals.
The problem wasnt scoring goals though, it was creating chances in the first place.
I honestly think ETH got it wrong by going with WW. I would understand if WW was goal hanging and we were pinging balls into the box for him to cause havoc just cause of his height. But theres nothing since the World Cup that shows WW would have been a better option than trying something we dont know how it would have turned out.
Sure Pellestri (or even elanga) could have stunk up the place. But we knew WW would. (Elanga actually had a decent shot on target)

Sevilla had full backs that werent threatened at all on the outside. We probably wont agree, anyway, I just think its a stage you throw on Pellestri (asETH did against Leeds at home when we were also losing 2-0)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He should leave this summer when he sees these games from the bench week in week out. Sancho starts ahead of him consistently despite doing sweet feck all.

RedDevilQuebecois

He should leave this summer when he sees these games from the bench week in week out. Sancho starts ahead of him consistently despite doing sweet feck all.
I love 'he should leave posts', just love them.
I don't want Pellistri to leave, but the management of his case by ETH is pushing him towards the exit.

I'm unhappy with the way Pellistri is being shoved in the doghouse while Sancho (the love child of the biggest pussy you can ever know in life and Casper the friendly ghost) gets all the chances.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering who he plays instead of him, whether it's in the same position or in the attack, Pellestri is either very crap or something else is going on

Sylar

Considering who he plays instead of him, whether it's in the same position or in the attack, Pellestri is either very crap or something else is going on
Its weird because he makes the bench so you would think hes doing something right in training.
but then, when we lose all width he doesnt come on especially when Antony comes off. So it seems that ETH would rather sacrifice our ability to create in the middle by pushing Bruno out wide, which affects two positions. Maybe he thinks Pellestri doesnt work hard enough coming back, but then im also thinking bringing on Elanga over WW would be better for us, but that doesnt happen either.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's a mystery. He's probably asking the same thing. What does it take to get a few minutes?

Why if Amas has the same experience of feckall minutes next season?

justboy68

We may as well try to move him on and see what kind of fee we can get for him. A shame as I know we'd have liked to see him get more of a chance but he very clearly isn't fancied at all.

Based Adnan

This guy has proven to make an impact off the bench in the few opportunities meanwhile we'd rather put on slow and lethargic Sancho

Andrew Richmond

Needs to move on. He’s wasting his time here. Can start for his country but not worthy of a few minutes with us.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Weird situation, he's done well in most of his (very limited) appearances. I hope he moves on this summer, we are just stagnating him at this point.

Strootman's Finger

He's had two stints in the team where he looked good, but disappeared in between and since the last one. It's a hard one to read, but it must be fully based on training performance.

Oranges038

I don't want Pellistri to leave, but the management of his case by ETH is pushing him towards the exit.

I'm unhappy with the way Pellistri is being shoved in the doghouse while Sancho (the love child of the biggest pussy you can ever know in life and Casper the friendly ghost) gets all the chances.
I think this is probably true enough. From the outside it makes very little sense.

As a player in that situation it must be very frustrating to have players constantly putting in disappointing displays and yet, you are a young guy, who has been reasonably decent in a few cameo appearances, just sitting out games not getting a look in. You could understand him wanting to leave for the sake of his own career.

Chief123

Great! Not sure why but I have a soft spot for this lad, really want him to have a good career with us
Yeah I like him. But ultimately it means long term either Amad or Pellistri has a future at the club. Unlikely to be both which is a shame as I like both.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Great! Not sure why but I have a soft spot for this lad, really want him to have a good career with us
This screams of protecting his value to me, nothing more.

ETH hasn't given him anywhere near enough game time this season which is strange as in his limited appearances he's looked good.

Sylar

Hopefully a good loan next season. Do wish we had given him more cameos than he got as it would have maintained balance on the right when Antony went off rather than shoving Bruno out wide to try accomodate wout

Based Adnan

He's very badly advised if he signs it. Basically wasted a year of his career this season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Yeah I like him. But ultimately it means long term either Amad or Pellistri has a future at the club. Unlikely to be both which is a shame as I like both.
Why not? Sancho has been garbage and probably doesn't have a long term future at the club. That leaves our wide options as Rashford, Garnacho and Antony. Plenty of room for both Pellistri and Amad.

Chief123

Why not? Sancho has been garbage and probably doesn't have a long term future at the club. That leaves our wide options as Rashford, Garnacho and Antony. Plenty of room for both Pellistri and Amad.
Both Amad and Pellistri are right wing options (where they are best). Along with Antony that’s 3 options for that side. Sancho has been woeful on the right so I don’t even regard him as a RW option. LW we have Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho at the moment. We’ll see.

I think ultimately one of either Pellistri or Amad will move on.

Jev

Pleasantly surprised by the offer. If ETH rates him, I have no idea why he hasn't given him more chances. One of the big mysteries of the season.

lex talionis

Count me in among those who are disappointed we haven’t seen more of Facundo in matches when Antony has struggled, including yesterday.

Telsim

This screams of protecting his value to me, nothing more.

ETH hasn't given him anywhere near enough game time this season which is strange as in his limited appearances he's looked good.
My first thought when I saw that. He will be 22 next season, has been here for 3 years (?), and has 1 start for us, and it was this year in the Europa League. He is also competing for a spot with Erik ten Hag's £85M darling, even though he has looked alright when given the extremely rare opportunity. And he is also someone who could fetch at least some kind of money perhaps, which is what we need. Makes no sense to me.

Nick7

He’s had about 1500 minutes of senior football in the last three seasons. That’s insanely little game time.

Devil You Know

I just hope this isn't another Woodward-type extension for the sake of preserving his asset value. But with Antony and probably Amad ahead in the pecking order, it probably is.

If EtH plans to play him, fine. But if he doesn't, just sell the kid.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
His current contract goes until 2025 with a one-year option the club can exercise, so potentially 2026 if he's in our plans. No reason to extend now.

Big_Bro

As much as I like this guy, I really don't understand why he will be willing to sign a new contract. He hasn't been given opportunities even when Anthony has been fumbling. If I were him I'd be agitating to leave the the club to get more opportunities at a smaller club. Kids these days.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's a decent little player and has the potential of becoming quite a effective and direct wide man but he needs constant game time now.

There's alot of things that need to be in his favour if he's going to get consistent gametime next year over the likes of Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho, Antony and Amad.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He can hopefully be loaned out to a PL-side or championship side who wants pace on the right wing and will give him some freedom. He'll get more game time this time around due to his performances for us this season and he is probably ready for it.

Growth is not always linear with age but for context Vinicius is only a year older than him, Amad is two years younger and Garnacho is 4. He has played too little so far. Unless we're going to sell a couple of stars and go all in with our youngsters, he should be off to somewhere else.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I don't see the point in extending he'll be gone in a season and a half. He's a decent straight line runner but I really don't see much difference between him and dan james. Amad is far more talented and should get his game time, I see him having a good to decent career in la liga with a celta vigo type mid table side but not here.

Red00012

Loan him to a championship team next season where he will start week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.