Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't see the point in extending he'll be gone in a season and a half. He's a decent straight line runner but I really don't see much difference between him and dan james. Amad is far more talented and should get his game time, I see him having a good to decent career in la liga with a celta vigo type mid table side but not here.
The times I've watched him with Uruguay, he seems like a proper player. More direct, energetic, and with actual ideas once he gets near the box.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I cannot help but think Liverpool or City would cash in for 20-25m in this situation.
Yup, they'd sell with a buyback clause on the off chance he develops to the required level. Meanwhile we'll most likely keep him in loan limbo or on the fringes of the first team for the next five years and pay his wages until his new contract expires and he leaves on a free.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
TBH I think there's something going on that we don't know about, whilst I expect Antony to be starting most games he also comes off in most games and Pellestri isn't usually the one replacing him, it's as if ETH doesn't want to use him which is odd because he's been generally OK when he has got on the pitch

Donut

He hasn’t been given much of a chance but he’s really not good enough. Just cash in this summer, why are we giving him a new contract…

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He hasn’t been given much of a chance but he’s really not good enough. Just cash in this summer, why are we giving him a new contract…
How do you know he's not really good enough if hasn't been given much of a chance?

JuriM

How do you know he's not really good enough if hasn't been given much of a chance?
He got some in La Liga and wasn't showing something as Amad did this season and he was way more experienced in terms of international footy.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He got some in La Liga and wasn't showing something as Amad did this season and he was way more experienced in terms of international footy.
Playing in the PL is not the same as la Liga or even the Championship, Amad did nothing at Rangers for example, He should have been given some gametime as a sub at PL level and that hasn't really happened, for the sake of his career I hope he leaves and ho[e it's not something we later regret

SAFMUTD

He's 21 already, it's his third season here and barely got any minutes.

I'd say next season it's make or break for him. If he spends another season here without getting meaningful minutes I think it's over for him here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports

I'd say next season it's make or break for him. If he spends another season here without getting meaningful minutes I think it's over for him here.
I'd say this season was make or break time for him, there have been plenty of opportunities to give him gametime and it hasn't happened

jesperjaap

And Amad was poor at Rangers and bought up similar comments to the one you made, based purely on a loan that didt work out.

jesperjaap

I agree but feel for him as he has barely been given a chance. Long loan at a struggling side, and barely given a chance from the bench let alone starting here. I think there is a talent i there from the little we have seen and from momets for Uruguay but if he doesnt get opportunities he should be lookign to move for his own good soon

Leonzo1

I have high hopes for him but he badly needs to go on loan. He averages around 30 minutes of football per month with us. I think a loan to a decent Championship side will do him good. At no point in his career was he getting consistent minutes at a positive side.

Abraxas

I am not altogether convinced the manager rates him highly. You would have thought he would get more outings if he did. The right wing is not necessarily a hotbed of talent for us. He doesn't seem to see him as somebody he can trust to improve our attacking threat, or that's worth gambling on even if raw. It's 10 mins here or there. Maybe I'm wrong and he just needs a loan but it's looking quite hard to see where the breakthrough is coming from at the moment.

SAFMUTD

I'd say this season was make or break time for him, there have been plenty of opportunities to give him gametime and it hasn't happened
To be fair those minutes went to Garnacho, who's clearly a bigger talent. But with Amad returning I think he'll fall even more in the pecking order. Honestly unless he suddenly develops immensely I don't think he'll break through.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Reads to me like a loan to get proper experience like Amad. Not some shitty one like the one he had prior.
"Loan limbo" really doesn't work for our young players. If you look at the players who broke through from our youth system since the turn of the century, what they have in common is that almost all of them either broke through directly or had a small number of loans while they were on the fringes.

The players who get sent on loan after loan every year don't make it at United, probably for one of two reasons or a combination of both. Either they were never good enough and there was never a pathway for them into the first team, or they failed to develop as expected after jumping from club to club and system to system every couple of months. Players like Lingard and Cleverley who got loaned out several times over multiple years before finally coming back and breaking through are very much the exception.

Don't believe me? Below are all the players who broke through from our youth system since the turn of the century and made at least 50 appearances in our first team, and the loan moves they had before breaking through.
  • Kieran Richardson - 1 loan
  • Darren Fletcher - 0 loans
  • Darron Gibson - 2 loans
  • Jonny Evans - 3 loans at 2 clubs (the two Sunderland loans being broken up by a few months on the fringes of our first team)
  • Danny Welbeck - 2 loans
  • Tom Cleverley - 3 loans*
  • Paul Pogba - 0 loans
  • Adnan Januzaj - 0 loans*
  • Jesse Lingard - 4 loans*
  • Andreas Pereira - 2 loans*
  • Marcus Rashford - 0 loans
  • Scott McTominay - 0 loans
  • Mason Greenwood - 0 loans
  • Brandon Williams - 0 loans*
*Some of these players had 'shop window' loans long after they had broken through and made 50 appearances, when they were clearly no longer needed. For obvious reasons I didn't consider those, as they weren't loans with a view of developing the player for a first-team place.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
The times I've watched him with Uruguay, he seems like a proper player. More direct, energetic, and with actual ideas once he gets near the box.
Sorry I don't see it, good tricky winger but very little ability to do more run the line and cross ( and not especially good at crossing like most modern wingers) I've not seen much variety in his game such as good awareness of where others are, a good short passing game or the abilty to consistently posse a threat centrally. I really only see his career playing out at a mid table spanish outfit. Not terrible just not the level we require.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Sorry I don't see it, good tricky winger but very little ability to do more run the line and cross ( and not especially good at crossing like most modern wingers) I've not seen much variety in his game such as good awareness of where others are, a good short passing game or the abilty to consistently posse a threat centrally. I really only see his career playing out at a mid table spanish outfit. Not terrible just not the level we require.
At United currently you can be the best or the worst crosser in the world and it won't matter because no one is there to get on the end of it!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
"Loan limbo" really doesn't work for our young players. If you look at the players who broke through from our youth system since the turn of the century, what they have in common is that almost all of them either broke through directly or had a small number of loans while they were on the fringes.

The players who get sent on loan after loan every year don't make it at United, probably for one of two reasons or a combination of both. Either they were never good enough and there was never a pathway for them into the first team, or they failed to develop as expected after jumping from club to club and system to system every couple of months. Players like Lingard and Cleverley who got loaned out several times over multiple years before finally coming back and breaking through are very much the exception.

Don't believe me? Below are all the players who broke through from our youth system since the turn of the century and made at least 50 appearances in our first team, and the loan moves they had before breaking through.
  • Kieran Richardson - 1 loan
  • Darren Fletcher - 0 loans
  • Darron Gibson - 2 loans
  • Jonny Evans - 3 loans at 2 clubs (the two Sunderland loans being broken up by a few months on the fringes of our first team)
  • Danny Welbeck - 2 loans
  • Tom Cleverley - 3 loans*
  • Paul Pogba - 0 loans
  • Adnan Januzaj - 0 loans*
  • Jesse Lingard - 4 loans*
  • Andreas Pereira - 2 loans*
  • Marcus Rashford - 0 loans
  • Scott McTominay - 0 loans
  • Mason Greenwood - 0 loans
  • Brandon Williams - 0 loans*
*Some of these players had 'shop window' loans long after they had broken through and made 50 appearances, when they were clearly no longer needed. For obvious reasons I didn't consider those, as they weren't loans with a view of developing the player for a first-team place.
Interestingly, the three best of the lot didn't require any loans.

Von Mistelroum

If he'd been given more of a chance maybe he would be an option for the cup final where we might struggle for a right winger.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Talent is obvious. No idea why he's barely featured. A wasted year for him.
Agreed. Can't see him staying this summer. He'll go somewhere else for £10-15m, make a good career for himself, continue to start for Uruguay, while we hope other more expensive buys turn out to be worth it.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Glimpses of what he might be capable of in that cameo. Needs to work on his strength this break.

SAFMUTD

Every chance he gets we see some glimpses of his talent, I dont know why he hasnt got more chances. But if Amad is coming back next season I think he's going to find it hard to get more chances than what he currently gets.

Banana Republic

We can’t really judge Pellistri on the minuscule amount of minutes he’s been given.
When he’s had those rare chances though, he’s shown that’s there’s a promising talent there.
He’s like Garnacho in the way he shows plenty of positivity, hunger and determination and in both cases, there’s always a good chance he’ll drive into the box and trouble defences.
Antony on the other hand, is all show, no vision and little end result.
ETH should have given him more of a chance, instead of bringing on Weghorst as sub, time after time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He probably deserves more chances than he got, but I also don't think he's uber talented and with our situation (Antony/Sancho/Amad) I'd be looking to sell him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Signs of interesting team player. Almost everytime he's on, he manages to give something different to our attackers, and there's decent amount of control in what he does, in space of very little time given on the pitch.

That crazy run vs Sevilla made me intrigued for good.

BorisManUtd

I like him and also liked how we did on WC for Uruguay. Not sure he'll get playing time at United even next season so would love to see Pellistri going on loan somewhere and proving himself.

DarkXaero

I don't understand why he doesn't play more. Contributes positively every rare occasion he is subbed in.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I know Ten Hagg is probably right - but I can’t fathom how he hasn’t been able to showcase his talent more. Every time he gets on the pitch, he shows a glimpse of something.

I really hope the rumours of a new deal is true - I genuinely feel he can be a cracking player for us.

arthurka

Wasn't there some news about us giving him a deal to 2027 or something? I like him he is so direct absolute pleasure when we are given Antony and Sancho with their stop and pop every single time.

Red Rash

Very interesting player but my fear is the level of competition on the wings. We have Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho and Antony ahead of him and I think Amad is a big talent, all of whom are very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.