Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Lyon is getting him. I guess we'll be in for him for 105 million in two years.
Is that your prediction? What is it based on? He's nothing like Sancho and even Pogba took more than 2 years to want to pay less than that.

Ekeke

Youtube videos and his hype in uruguay. Plus the teams that are in for him. Seen this pattern many times!
So you've seen a Uraguayan player have great youtube videos and hype, with teams coming in for him and then clubs have bid over 100 million for him many times.

That hasnt happened

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Uruguayan journo/Sports tv presenter

This morning I told you in sport890 that Man Utd were going to bid for a player and it was going to be a surprise. Okay, it's a 5 year contract for Pellestri and the financial package stronger than the one from Lyon. The English club would be flexible for him to join in January. This afternoon there will be further negotiations/contacts on the terms of the contract.

Last edited:

izec

Seems we only can do deals when ex players are involved. Time to place Anderson at Porto to get Telles over the line.

NYAS

Seems we only can do deals when ex players are involved. Time to place Anderson at Porto to get Telles over the line.
Forlan was sacked a few weeks ago. Is there another ex-player at Peñarol I’m not aware of?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Would be quite a fun signing, hopefully he's good and hopefully we get him.

MrSingh2002

His highlight reel looks very similar to Dan James's before we signed him.

Blistering pace but it depends if he's got end product. Based on the 4 minute clip above there wasn't much of a passing range shown or impressive finishing in it.

That would be what he needs to show on top of the clear pace and dribbling ability.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He reminds me of David Silva from his highlights and it doesn't look like he will be a winger long-term. I see him as central attacker/SS who has fantastic technique with the ball glued to his feet at times.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Id like us to take one of these cheap punts, that norwegian kid just went to milan, guess there is that russian one we cant sign until hes 18.

I have no information other than we need to take one cheap gamble worst case he comes here isnt good enough and someone would pay the 5 mill after he trains with us for 2 years.

Marcus

Even the highlights video did not make him look impressive.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Full Name: Facundo Pellistri Rebollo
Date of Birth: Dec 20, 2001 (18)
Nationality: Uruguay

Other Nationalities: Spain

Height: 1,74 m
Position: Forward - Right Winger
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Equipo TMA
Current club: CA Peñarol

Contract expires: 31.12.2022
Date of last contract extension: Feb 8, 2020​

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Who could he be compared to? Want to know if this is as much of a yawn and meh as Brooks.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Right, and who is he? We’ve been linked with him?
We have been linked since the summer. Young Uruguayan RW who supposedly was recommended to us through Forlan. We know how Ole really values player recommendations from his old team mates (cheers for that giggsy!) maybe just the media adding 2+2
There was another rumour a few days ago that Lyon were interested so we’ve come in with a better offer. He has a euro passport.

Daonico

The common speach of the press here, is that Lyon is still the favourite, everything was suppose to be ready, and then Peñarol demanded the player to stay until december, which Lyon refused. Sometime in the middle we supposedly appear with a better offer, but Peñarol insists in keeping the player until december/january. It is suppose to be a decision of the board.
Now the player has left "the bubble" the players are in (covid stuff) and skipped trainning. He won't play next tuesday.

Uruguayan clubs need european money, their "determination" to keep him a few more months will disappear with some extra euros.

Bondi77

The common speach of the press here, is that Lyon is still the favourite, everything was suppose to be ready, and then Peñarol demanded the player to stay until december, which Lyon refused. Sometime in the middle we supposedly appear with a better offer, but Peñarol insists in keeping the player until december/january. It is suppose to be a decision of the board.
Now the player has left "the bubble" the players are in (covid stuff) and skipped trainning. He won't play next tuesday.

Uruguayan clubs need european money, their "determination" to keep him a few more months will disappear with some extra euros.
Is he ready to play for a top club in Europe and if not is he ready to play for us?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can't imagine him being bought to play in the first team in the short term.
Interesting. I take it you've seen him quite a bit.

If that's the case, I can't imagine why we'd be after him given our immediate need for players and limited financial resources.

Daonico

Is he ready to play for a top club in Europe and if not is he ready to play for us?
Interesting. I take it you've seen him quite a bit.

If that's the case, I can't imagine why we'd be after him given our immediate need for players and limited financial resources.
I admit I don't follow the league here closely, but I would say no player here can jump straight to the first team of a top club in Europe. I don't think he would get in any team of the top leagues right away, at the very least he will need to improve the physical aspects of the game as most players that go to Europe from here. Players always have to bulk up when they go (Varela had for example), and fast players need to learn that they are not so far anymore... because the football and the players are much faster.

Anyway, he is a great prospect I think, he will go to Europe sooner rather than later and I think he will have a good career. He has good technique and is fast, but I don't think he depends on his speed too much (which would be a problem as he wouldn't have so much speed advantage in England). He is playing in a squad that doesn't play very nicely... Forlan wanted to make them play better but was soon sacked because results weren't too good, they are now about to be out of the Libertadores. They have 20 points in 13 matches in the league. I said this in the sense that he would surely shine more with better football around him.

If we are in for him, I can only think he would be a purchase for the future, I wouldn't think he would be useful before a whole season of improving his physicality at the very least.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I admit I don't follow the league here closely, but I would say no player here can jump straight to the first team of a top club in Europe. I don't think he would get in any team of the top leagues right away, at the very least he will need to improve the physical aspects of the game as most players that go to Europe from here. Players always have to bulk up when they go (Varela had for example), and fast players need to learn that they are not so far anymore... because the football and the players are much faster.

Anyway, he is a great prospect I think, he will go to Europe sooner rather than later and I think he will have a good career. He has good technique and is fast, but I don't think he depends on his speed too much (which would be a problem as he wouldn't have so much speed advantage in England). He is playing in a squad that doesn't play very nicely... Forlan wanted to make them play better but was soon sacked because results weren't too good, they are now about to be out of the Libertadores. They have 20 points in 13 matches in the league. I said this in the sense that he would surely shine more with better football around him.

If we are in for him, I can only think he would be a purchase for the future, I wouldn't think he would be useful before a whole season of improving his physicality at the very least.
Great feedback and insight - cheers!

Sounds like he'd be better served going to a more stable club to be honest.

Can you lot promote @Daonico already?!

redevul5566

Supports
I also support Real Mallorca.
There is already a thread for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's gone AWOL and it's being reported that United have overtaken Lyon in the pursuit of the player.

Last edited:

Devil may care

He's gone AWOL and it's being reported that United have overtaking Lyon in the pursuit of the player.
He looks good technically but given his age surely he's an alternative to the kid from Atalanta who's gone on loan to Parma as opposed to Sancho, I mean I doubt we'd get a work permit for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks good technically but given his age surely he's an alternative to the kid from Atalanta who's gone on loan to Parma as opposed to Sancho, I mean I doubt we'd get a work permit for him.
He holds a Spanish Passport from what I've read and he's not a alternative to Sancho IMO because he seems to be at the stage where he needs games to develop further at European level. I don't see him as a winger but rather a central attacker playing off the striker in a SS role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.