Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think it's telling Ole will be here for a long time. Even if he leaves the club he would still have some influence

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There was rumours emanating from Uruguay last month that a European coach had sought Diego Forlan's advice regarding the 18 year old. The coach in question was then later named as Solskjaer by a radio station in the country.

For €10m it could be a risk worth taking in a market (South America) where We should be doing more IMO due to the abundance of talent.

Last edited:

izec

Was rumoured to be an Arsenal and Real Madrid target in previous months.

For 10m, i would take the punt. He is 18 and a RW, doesn't look worse than James, who we spend 15m on and is a couple of years older.

Didn't know Forlan was a manager, hopefully he is successful. Penarol is a great Uruguayan/South American club.

Uniquim

The Athletic wrote about him too, some takeaways from the article:
* Pellistri speaks English, Real & City also shown interest
* Plays on the right side of attack, but can also play on the left.
* Extremely quick. Two-footed. Loves to run at defenders.
* Needs to work on his shooting, considered far from a finished article.
* Pellistri has impressed with his speed, his through-balls, his aggressive pressing and fast recovery, and is considered calm under pressure.
* Delivered more crosses per game than any other player in Uruguay this season
* Spanish passport, so play anywhere across EU. Although that won't apply to England after Jan 1st, 2021.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've got this one guys.

Who?

Falcow

We should sign him on the basis that you could almost make an anagram of Pallister from his surname.

izec

After watching a couple of videos, i would say buy him. His finishing is garbage, but his dribbling and running style remind me a bit of a budget Georgie Best. He also wears all black shoes. Give him the 7 shirt and let him run up and down the right flank.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
After watching a couple of videos, i would say buy him. His finishing is garbage, but his dribbling and running style remind me a bit of a budget Georgie Best. He also wears all black shoes. Give him the 7 shirt and let him run up and down the right flank.
Reminds me more of Aaron Lennon.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If we are going to buy players like this it will need to be this summer. After next year the BoJo government will probably insist on giving more chances to British talent

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sancho valued for 120m. Can't see Ed ever paying that. Could gamble on this kid and focus on other positions. Really want Sancho though

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho valued for 120m. Can't see Ed ever paying that. Could gamble on this kid and focus on other positions. Really want Sancho though
Sancho’s been our top target for two seasons now, if there was ever a player we’d over pay for it’s him.

jesperjaap

Was rumoured to be an Arsenal and Real Madrid target in previous months.

For 10m, i would take the punt. He is 18 and a RW, doesn't look worse than James, who we spend 15m on and is a couple of years older.

Didn't know Forlan was a manager, hopefully he is successful. Penarol is a great Uruguayan/South American club.
Yes he looks very raw but I just dont see anything in our probably other young squad options if expectd Lingard/Perreira move on. James and Chong just dont look good enough to me, see little there personally.

At the same time though, if we were to sign Grealish and Sancho, we would have Rashford/Grealish/Sancho/Greenwood as options for the two wing spots who are all young players so that would be my preferred option as three of the four also cover striker and midfield spots as well.

In the case of Grealish I guess it is the fee and midfield wise just how close is Mjebri, but I am a Grealish fan personally. In the case of Sancho, it obviously whether we will pay the fee or not. Even with the emergence of Greenwood, we certainly should.

If we fail or cant afford both then I thinkthis kind of signing is decent. My main concern is can we sign both AND still sign a top class centre back as that is still the prioity for me. Thought we needed two last summer and we def still need another in my opinion

jesperjaap

Are you thinking the gamble as a back up for Greenwood or as an alternative to Sancho? I can understand the former but certainly not the latter

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sancho’s been our top target for two seasons now, if there was ever a player we’d over pay for it’s him.
This, we paid 80m for Maguire . Hard to think why we wouldn't pay that much for a generational English talent.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Are you thinking the gamble as a back up for Greenwood or as an alternative to Sancho? I can understand the former but certainly not the latter
Im saying us seeing how Greenwood is doing we can decide to gamble on Pellistri and make Greenwood a starter. But that would be dumb for me

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anyone here from Uruguay who can actually speak in an informed way about this kid?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thanks for the referral VP. Other than being Uruguayan and being able to speak in an informed way about this kid, I'm your man @#07.
Ha! If you've seen him play then that's informed enough. First I learned about him was via Andy Mitten on a podcast.

izec

Anyone here from Uruguay who can actually speak in an informed way about this kid?
@antohan

He said this in the transfer tweet thread

Good talent, good head on him, remarkable close control and switching gears.

Still raw though, doesn't even have a full (Uruguayan) top flight season under his belt. Would like to see him score more goals.

With his release clause at 10M I would have a punt, but he doesn't belong in an "alternatives to Sancho" conversation. He would be nowhere near our first team in the 20-21 season.

Issue also is at that sort of fee he should have plenty of suitors and likely better options in La Liga in terms of getting regular games.

Okey

He really does love to take people on! He'd do well to avoid serious injury.

Alemar

We already have one winger with great pace and poor finishing (James). Do we need another one?

MDFC Manager

Would he require a work permit? If yes, it'd be quite difficult to get it for him, no?

izec

We already have one winger with great pace and poor finishing (James). Do we need another one?
Yeah but James cant dribble or pass. This guy has much better close control and looks better in tight spaces. Doubt we will buy him, but there is a clear distinction between him and James on the ball

Craig Ward

Yeah but James cant dribble or pass. This guy has much better close control and looks better in tight spaces. Doubt we will buy him, but there is a clear distinction between him and James on the ball
Bit of an injustice to James. James has flaws for sure, but he is still learning and adapting. James has been over used on the RW as well, he's better off the LW.

To compare this guy to James is just not rational. Pellistri plays in a far weaker league, against far worse teams and still manages to look "ok".

I stopped watching the clip after 2 minutes as there was nothing interesting to see - he's under no pressure, the defenders are nowhere near him and make no attempt to tackle him, and he created very little goal scoring chances.

Pellistri may turn out to be a good player, but he;s just a raw talent at the moment.

To talk him up as an alternative to Sancho is just madness. I'm all for signing talented youngsters and developing them, but this guy would be nowhere near our first team squad for years

izec

Bit of an injustice to James. James has flaws for sure, but he is still learning and adapting. James has been over used on the RW as well, he's better off the LW.

To compare this guy to James is just not rational. Pellistri plays in a far weaker league, against far worse teams and still manages to look "ok".

I stopped watching the clip after 2 minutes as there was nothing interesting to see - he's under no pressure, the defenders are nowhere near him and make no attempt to tackle him, and he created very little goal scoring chances.

Pellistri may turn out to be a good player, but he;s just a raw talent at the moment.

To talk him up as an alternative to Sancho is just madness. I'm all for signing talented youngsters and developing them, but this guy would be nowhere near our first team squad for years
Dont think anyone of note has talked him up as an alternative to Sancho. How could he for 10m. He would obviously be someone for the future, not for the present or next one to two years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
James problem is more than poor finishing. This guys has the beating of defenders.

Mark Pawelek

Of course he can't be compared to a first teamer. He's 18. We should compare him to the likes of Elanga, Connor Stanley, or Ramazani, who just left.

djdhrubs

Looked at his jersey, and thought we were trolling Dortmund by trying to buy another of their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.