Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Maybe Pellestri will be fast-tracked into the first XI. Various people in South America have said hes a special talent. Maybe he will share RW time with Greenwood? Its not ideal. Rather he had a season in the under 23s/reserves to get used to english football but we threw in an unknown player called Cristiano Ronaldo into our first team and laughed when he did a million stepovers. So who knows. Pellestri from Youtube clips reminds me of Brian Laudrup. Now if he were to get to that level....

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Not exactly stuck his neck out has he? All stuff we already know but the definite deals are 'should' and the definite no deal is '99%' and Pellestri is 'could' because there hasn't been much coverage on it. Not sure this guy is worth taking any notice of tbh.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Would we sign both this guy and Traore, or do we think it's a one or the other kinda thing?

Castia

Look if we had a 'proper' window this signing along with Traore would be exciting.

This kid is very highly rated, he probably wont be ready yet but he's one for the future.

Shame the board fecked about and didn't improve the starting 11.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would we sign both this guy and Traore, or do we think it's a one or the other kinda thing?
They're both 18 aren't they? Wouldn't expect much of an impact this season given one hasn't got game time at Atalanta the other hasn't played in a good league. But as for young talents the more the merrier. We have got a lack of quality wide players at the football club. Every good one in the first team is a striker anyway.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I am assuming we are hoping one of them becomes good enough for us long term, so the combined investment across the two is justified.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I am assuming we are hoping one of them becomes good enough for us long term, so the combined investment across the two is justified.
I won't say it too loudly but I do think our attacking options are suddenly looking a lot healthier, even with having to wait until January for Traore.

croadyman

Look if we had a 'proper' window this signing along with Traore would be exciting.

This kid is very highly rated, he probably wont be ready yet but he's one for the future.

Shame the board fecked about and didn't improve the starting 11.
Yeah would find it much easier to get on board if we had bought a leader at CB and a mobile DM too

rotherham_red

I'm worried that this deal isn't getting done - literally no new updates from anyone who is halfway clued in today.

Santos J

I'm worried that this deal isn't getting done - literally no new updates from anyone who is halfway clued in today.
The original source literally said he's had the 2nd part of his medical this morning and is set to sign a 5 year deal.

manuchamp88

The original source literally said he's had the 2nd part of his medical this morning and is set to sign a 5 year deal.
For context:

But I personally reckon it's another Reguilón situation where the local press hype it up but it doesn't happen.

Blood Mage

It's evident on the latest highlight reels posted on YouTube that this kid has a lot more about him than Daniel James. That doesn't mean he'll make it here, but he's a more talented player for sure so people need to cut it out with the comparisons.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For context:

But I personally reckon it's another Reguilón situation where the local press hype it up but it doesn't happen.
Hirst and others also reported this deal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's evident on the latest highlight reels posted on YouTube that this kid has a lot more about him than Daniel James. That doesn't mean he'll make it here, but he's a more talented player for sure so people need to cut it out with the comparisons.
How? James played very well against City when he was at Swansea. Bielsa wants to sign him, tried once and failed, now tried to sign him again, which shows he is also rated highly.

I have 0 hopes on James btw, for all we know this Pellestri might end up worse than James.

izec

Amad and Pellistri would mean Dan James can go to the left and share some time with Rashford. Some people said he is better there as well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I won't say it too loudly but I do think our attacking options are suddenly looking a lot healthier, even with having to wait until January for Traore.
Neither of these players will offer anything for 20/21 and anything they deliver in 21/22 is a bonus too. That doesn't make them bad investments, but they are no where near the level to be playing PL and CL football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
A lad with 2 goals in 30-odd games in the Uruguayan league hardly screams United quality, but I have to say after watching a video or two that I fecking love his dribbling style and technique and wouldn't be surprised if we were taking a chance on being able to mould him into something based on that alone. He just glides along with the ball barely straying from his feet at all.

Obviously we'd be lucky if he ever got anywhere near even being a poundshop version, but there's more than a passing similarity to a young Messi in the way he moves with the ball in a lot of those clips, such as this one:

You can see why our scouts would be excited enough to recommend a £10m punt, at least.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks like a 17 year old version of Giggs in the videos.

Great hair.
Yep his dribbling at speed but with high agility is something very similar Giggs isn't it? nice comparison.

Agility is the most important factor in dribbling, zero point being fast if you can't turn quickly, so that's good to see.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So are we getting him and Traoré in then? We've gone full muppet on the youngsters if so!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
From a youtube video i have seen that Pellistri is not good enough. Decent closecontrol and mobility, but good luck against players that does not rush blindly against him. Compare him to that Norwegian buy that signed for Milan for 5mill euros...
One is 3 years younger than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.