Facundo Pellistri signs for Manchester United

Chairman Steve

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Facundo Pellistri from Club Atletico Penarol on a five-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

The 18-year-old has already featured 37 times for the Uruguayan Primera Division club’s first team.

Facundo Pellistri said: “To join a club with the history of Manchester United is a dream come true. I have learnt a lot at Penarol and I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me. To have the confidence of the manager is an amazing feeling and I know that working with him will be perfect for my development.

“I am coming into a squad full of great players who I will learn from every day. Everyone knows that Manchester United is a club that gives young players an opportunity and I am ready to work hard every day to earn those chances and prove myself in England.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Our scouts have followed Facundo for a long time and we believe that he will be a real talent for the long term. Whilst we understand it will take time for him to adapt to the English game, he is capable of having an impact with his pace and ability to beat his opponent.

“Facundo has the perfect platform at Manchester United to develop and he has all of the technical qualities and the right mentality required to become a top player here. We are all looking forward to working with him to fulfil his potential over the coming years.”

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Shouldn't really be expecting anything from him for a year or two.

Question, has a young/academy player that we've bought for money ever made it into the first team and made it? Bar Pogba I guess,though that's a bit different.

laughtersassassin

Question, has a young/academy player that we've bought for money ever made it into the first team and made it? Bar Pogba I guess,though that's a bit different.
Club put him in an unfortunate position. We need him to bed in very quickly

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

From his/Ole’s comments seems like he’s a first team signing

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Lee Sharpe and Cristiano Ronaldo both spring to mind.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Kind of a trick question since I don't think we invested near as much into signing these kids from other academies as we are now. I would think that the answer is a resounding yes in a few years.

Siorac

Does Piqué qualify? No idea if we paid money for him back then.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Lee Sharpe and Cristiano Ronaldo both spring to mind.
Ronnie was bought straight for the first team. Pretty much to be a starter. Not old enough to know about the Sharpe deal though!

Kind of a trick question since I don't think we invested near as much into signing these kids from other academies as we are now. I would think that the answer is a resounding yes in a few years.
Fair point! We have had a few though, Varela immediately comes to mind for obvious reasons

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Excited to see how he does.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
From his/Ole’s comments seems like he’s a first team signing
Oof fair enough, well that'll be something. 18 Yr old lad moving from South America to Manchester with only the Uruguayan league as experience... He'll have to be some player to make a first team impact this season.

Hell even Ronaldo was patchy as feck in his first season... And he's Ronaldo! And he was playing in a much better side then this.

Really hope we ease him in either way!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I feel he is Mejbri type of signing, will go straight into our youth team first. Let's see how he progress in 1-2 years time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How much does he cost though? Maybe nothing much, but didn't see any report of it

Chairman Steve

Apparently we acted quickly on him because Lyon were making a serious bid for him and we outbid them at the 11th hour.

And Lyons scouting network is very strong in terms of finding quality young players.

croadyman

What we decide to do with this guy will be an indicator of whether there is still any interest in signing Sarr

Mr PG

I love this kind of signing. It’s the only way we will ever build a squad capable of competing with the likes of Bayern/ red-bull etc amd not signing £100m players

Giggsforever

By Christmas this guy will be a fan favorite. He is a special talent and he is the kind of player you get a buzz watching. I can't rally say that for our current players.

People who think that this is not a first team signing are crazy. He is one of the best talent in SA and we should be happy we got him.

croadyman

By Christmas this guy will be a fan favorite. He is a special talent and he is the kind of player you get a buzz watching. I can't rally say that for our current players.

People who think that this is not a first team signing are crazy. He is one of the best talent in SA and we should be happy we got him.
So do you genuinely believe this guy could feature at Newcastle in a couple of weeks then. Would ole really throw him into action that quick though.

tombombadil

I came in here expecting a load of jokes and chants involving the word feck. :lol: :lol:

Just saw his highlights reel and it seems very little end product but he's still very young. Hopefully he settles down quickly and has a decent cross on him. Would really give us another dimension on that right flank.

prateik

Always exciting to see young players..

Seriously, if we had signed an established RW OR beaten Spurs, I would be pretty excited right now..

The shitshow of the last 2 days makes this hard to enjoy.

0le

Ronaldo
Rooney
Martial
De Gea
Smalling
====
Won titles:
Rafael
Jones
Anderson