Facundo Pellistri signs for Manchester United

RashyForPM

I’d love Ole to play a 4-4-2 diamond with Fred in for Martial to get control of a tough away game in a very difficult ground this weekend, but if he feels inclined to stick to his 4-2-3-1, then this boy Pellistri has to start imo. Martial is out, James and Ighalo are poor. Lingard, less said about him the better, especially on the right. You could make a case for Mata but he is extremely slow and weak to the point where he doesn’t even look like an athlete with all due respect to him.

Meanwhile, Pellistri will give us speed, rawness and for once, an element of unpredictability and excitement against a solid defence. Lewis would be licking his lips if he was told by Bruce to mark James or Mata, but if it were Pellistri, he’d at least have to be careful. If he doesn’t play well or is out of his depth, Ole could haul him off with a cuddle and a ‘it’s alright, just your first game’. I mean, he can’t do any worse than the aforementioned names like Mata, James, Ighalo or Lingard.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I’d love Ole to play a 4-4-2 diamond with Fred in for Martial to get control of a tough away game in a very difficult ground this weekend, but if he feels inclined to stick to his 4-2-3-1, then this boy Pellistri has to start imo. Martial is out, James and Ighalo are poor. Lingard, less said about him the better, especially on the right. You could make a case for Mata but he is extremely slow and weak to the point where he doesn’t even look like an athlete with all due respect to him.

Meanwhile, Pellistri will give us speed, rawness and for once, an element of unpredictability and excitement against a solid defence. Lewis would be licking his lips if he was told by Bruce to mark James or Mata, but if it were Pellistri, he’d at least have to be careful. If he doesn’t play well or is out of his depth, Ole could haul him off with a cuddle and a ‘it’s alright, just your first game’. I mean, he can’t do any worse than the aforementioned names like Mata, James, Ighalo or Lingard.
Sounds crazy but it just might work.

SecondFig

To be fair, Mata has probably been our best player this season so far. But, I'd also rather see Pellistri start than James, Lingard, or Ighalo.

Grande

A mighty fine player was Gordon, just a shame there's so little footage of his time at United online for those that didn't see him.
A joy to watch United at times with Strachan, Jesper Olsen and/or Peter Barnes on the wings at times under Ron Atkinson. Strachan and McGrath was the costliest part of Ferguson’s probably necessary clear-out. He dominates the league with Leeds together with Cantona and McAllister.

there are some prolonged highlights lying about from games in the Atkinson era at youtube. Ups and downs!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
A joy to watch United at times with Strachan, Jesper Olsen and/or Peter Barnes on the wings at times under Ron Atkinson. Strachan and McGrath was the costliest part of Ferguson’s probably necessary clear-out. He dominates the league with Leeds together with Cantona and McAllister.

there are some prolonged highlights lying about from games in the Atkinson era at youtube. Ups and downs!
Indeed they were, when they got it right as you say a joy to watch. But when they got it wrong ....

Don't know what he was drinking, or they were feeding him at Leeds but Strachan was running around like a schoolboy yet at United towards the end mainly because of injuries he looked finished. I think most of us thought he'd go back to Scotland.

Think Leeds were paying him more than he was getting at United(or that was the rumour at the time).

Oh yeah i've got quite a few matches from the 60's/70's/80's/90's saved on my laptop, I meant more individual highlights.
Yea, I’d be very surprised to see him in the md squad as well so soon.
He may well travel with the squad for the experience but unless there's a few late withdrawals can't seeing being involved. It would be nice to see him mind, if only for a few minutes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Will be 532. Rashford and Mason up front.

RashyForPM

There's not a Cat in Hell's chance that Pellistri starts at Newcastle, in fact i'd be surprised if he's included in the 18
There isn’t, but I think he’s a better option than the Trifecta of Shite (Dan James, Ighalo, Lingard) or Mata, who is still a class footballer but has absolutely 0 physical attributes.
To be fair, Mata has probably been our best player this season so far. But, I'd also rather see Pellistri start than James, Lingard, or Ighalo.
He has tbf, but it was in games against Luton B team and Brighton B team. This time he’ll be against tough players like Lascelles, Shelvey and Hayden and his direct opponent on the right will be Lewis, who is rapid. Pellistri at least will give us that element of unpredictability. It’ll excite us fans to see him there, and probably the players too. The argument for Mata to be rewarded for his performances so far is a valid one though.
Will be 532. Rashford and Mason up front.
Now that will be properly ridiculous, although I can see it happening. I’d not want a 5-3-2 at Newcastle even if Pogba and Bruno return positive tests now in light of the Ronaldo news (unlikely, but hypothetically) and joins Martial on the ‘out’ list. It’s Newcastle!

Leonzo1

Hope your right. MAybe its his style but Diallo looks a lot better. Not to be pitting them against each other or anything.
I agree, Diallo looks the better prospect. What I meant was that despite his underwhelming videos I think we're gonna be pleasantly surprised.

Lee565

Let's hope he isn't as bad as the last player (james) that a former man united player (giggs) had suggested to ole to sign.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
De Gea constantly gives interviews and post match interviews in English, what a bizarre made up stick to beat him with.
Google De Gea English and there are tones of them. He gives post match interviews or pre match press conferences all the time and has done for years now. He’s been on Sky speaking English plenty of times, how have you missed them all?
I can't remember the last time I saw a De Gea interview that wasn't in English. He speaks English very well.
Thanks and sorry De Gea :lol:

Cliche Guevara

Indeed they were, when they got it right as you say a joy to watch. But when they got it wrong ....

Don't know what he was drinking, or they were feeding him at Leeds but Strachan was running around like a schoolboy yet at United towards the end mainly because of injuries he looked finished. I think most of us thought he'd go back to Scotland.

Think Leeds were paying him more than he was getting at United(or that was the rumour at the time).

Oh yeah i've got quite a few matches from the 60's/70's/80's/90's saved on my laptop, I meant more individual highlights.

He may well travel with the squad for the experience but unless there's a few late withdrawals can't seeing being involved. It would be nice to see him mind, if only for a few minutes.
Around the time he was banging on about eating pasta and bananas. Seemed a bit obsessed.

Was probably bullshit and he was just doping.

MrBest

There's not a Cat in Hell's chance that Pellistri starts at Newcastle, in fact i'd be surprised if he's included in the 18
I would agree if Martial and Cavani were available. Given the lack of attacking options and the poor form of James, I thinm we may see him on the bench but less frequently in the future until he develops more (unless he pulls a ronaldo on his debut, which is unlikely).

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Around the time he was banging on about eating pasta and bananas. Seemed a bit obsessed.

Was probably bullshit and he was just doping.
That rings a bell. Porridge and Seaweed tablets as well.

I would agree if Martial and Cavani were available. Given the lack of attacking options and the poor form of James, I thinm we may see him on the bench but less frequently in the future until he develops more (unless he pulls a ronaldo on his debut, which is unlikely).
We've still got more than enough players for the front three positions, even with the two lads you've mentioned missing, and it's as likely to be Anthony Elanga as it is to be Pellistri if Ole wants another option from the bench. Pellistri to start and score a hat-trick then!