Gaming Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC, PS4) | Season 4 is Live - 7 New levels

United Hobbit

Anyone got a technique for winning hexagons without doing that jumpy technique? I've tried and just cannot do it but others can, I try running round and eliminating them that way but usually end up falling/ running out of room. Ive only ever won it once when there were 6 of us

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anyone got a technique for winning hexagons without doing that jumpy technique? I've tried and just cannot do it but others can, I try running round and eliminating them that way but usually end up falling/ running out of room. Ive only ever won it once when there were 6 of us
The only one I know is falling straight to the bottom layer and zoom around enough tiles that everyone above falls through or is trapped.

But others have copped on to that and even more so gotten better at hopping so I still haven’t gotten a win there out of my dozen or so crowns.

Ainu

I'm afraid you're not going to find a consistent winning strategy without jumping. Dropping down and clearing the bottom layer might work sometimes, but it doesn't take much to fail miserably. The only way to stall on a higher layer is jumping. Just keep practicing it, you'll get better at it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve accepted that I’m never ever going to win a game. I’m up to level 24 and been in about 20 finals, just cant get the crown

shaky

I’ve accepted that I’m never ever going to win a game. I’m up to level 24 and been in about 20 finals, just cant get the crown
Level 22 and in the same boat. Never been close to the crown on any final event. That's what I get for being old.

b82REZ

I loved this game for the first couple of weeks but I really have hit the wall with it now. Gets very repetitive after a while and the complete RNG of final rounds is far more frustrating than just being bad at the game

I hope season 2 reignites my interest

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I loved this game for the first couple of weeks but I really have hit the wall with it now. Gets very repetitive after a while and the complete RNG of final rounds is far more frustrating than just being bad at the game

I hope season 2 reignites my interest
I'm looking forward to season 2 but it needs to be every month imo or people will lose interest. Every two months is too long.

b82REZ

I'm looking forward to season 2 but it needs to be every month imo or people will lose interest. Every two months is too long.
Exactly. The novelty wears off very quickly. I loved the fact it didn't take much skill when I first started playing it but the winner being decided by a coin flip at the start of the round it stops being fun

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
3 more finals today. Still not won. feck my life.

Ainu

Exactly. The novelty wears off very quickly. I loved the fact it didn't take much skill when I first started playing it but the winner being decided by a coin flip at the start of the round it stops being fun
I'm in the same boat. There's very little substance to the gameplay, which is fine initally but stops being fun once you've done each round dozens of times. I thought I'd play until level 40 for the trophy this season but at level 37 now it's such a grind I don't really fancy it anymore. With 20+ victories and 500+ round qualifications I've seen it all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah there's the sweet spot where the courses are new and everyone is just running like a maniac but once everyone figures out the levels and the best way to win it becomes less fun, even if you're the one winning.

Change the levels up regularly and I can easily see it being a game I play for a long time.

AaronRedDevil

I've accepted the fact that I'll never ever win Hexagon. It's impossible for me.

But I fecking did it! By the skin of my teeth. I have no idea HOW :lol:

Last edited:

Ainu

I've accepted the fact that I'll never ever win Hexagon. It's impossible for me.

But I fecking did it! By the skin of my teeth. I have no idea HOW :lol:

I was watching that thinking there's absolutely no way you could win that round. :lol: It looked completely desperate every step of the way, particularly on the bottom level. Just goes to show, never forget that last dive. You never know.

One final I'm pretty sure I'll never win is Jump Showdown. I just can't do it. I'm on +- 25 wins but there's always someone better than me in Jump Showdown.

AaronRedDevil

I was watching that thinking there's absolutely no way you could win that round. :lol: It looked completely desperate every step of the way, particularly on the bottom level. Just goes to show, never forget that last dive. You never know.

One final I'm pretty sure I'll never win is Jump Showdown. I just can't do it. I'm on +- 25 wins but there's always someone better than me in Jump Showdown.
Yeah I won jump showdown in a similar way too. Both of us got knocked off and I did a little jump at the end which won me the game by a second. Everybody seems to be getting better at that mode. Had 2 jump showdown finals last night and both lasted nearly 10 mins. It was hilarious. Didn’t win neither sadly.

AaronRedDevil

Seems they’ve gotten rid of team tail tag? Haven’t seen that in weeks. Wish they’d get rid of a couple more. Even just the tail ones and See Saw.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seems they’ve gotten rid of team tail tag? Haven’t seen that in weeks. Wish they’d get rid of a couple more. Even just the tail ones and See Saw.
It exists, but it's incredibly rare now. I guess the large number of complaints from the community have played a part here.

Ainu

Not sure if it's related to today'supdate , but literally every episode has had at least one of Hoarders, Tail Tag or Egg Scramble. Impossible to enjoy the game like that.

Ainu

Dizzy Heights has become pretty difficult with those hammers at the end. I started on the back row and made a complete mess of it, instant elimination.

Edit: I meant Hit Parade

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

How come?
I guess it's more of a patch in relation to season 2. The Big Yeetus doesn't really do much for me tbh.

They've throw some spinnies on the footy one too which doesn't really do much, they are going quite slow.

The fall guy does seem a bit more stable especially on door dash as previously you just get stuck in between those melees.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Got 2 wins today. Got the trophy for 7 wins. Level 35, aiming for that 40 before season 2.

hobbers

When are they gonna get rid of that ridiculous 5 wins in a row trophy. I want my platinum.

United Hobbit

I seem to have turned completely awful at this lately. Haven't won for ages.

I was never a prolific winner but it was enjoyable as I got a steady trickle of wins now it seems impossible

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why are my team grabbing me when I'm holding a golden egg trying to get it into our zone!?

That said I've just had my best ever session. 3 wins. Think I've finally got Hex-a-gon to a decent standard now. And won my first spinning wheel jump final.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why are my team grabbing me when I'm holding a golden egg trying to get it into our zone!?
When are they trying to grab you? Do you have opposing players near you, or is it when you're not contested at all? Are you reaching for an egg whilst your teammates are as well?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
When are they trying to grab you? Do you have opposing players near you, or is it when you're not contested at all? Are you reaching for an egg whilst your teammates are as well?
I'm running to my zone with the egg and being chased and grabbed by the same team! Baffling. If it was a mistake you'd let go, they don't.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Anyways, I got a 5-gold victory for the first time ever. That was probably the happiest I ever was.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm running to my zone with the egg and being chased and grabbed by the same team! Baffling. If it was a mistake you'd let go, they don't.
Oh, that's weird. It seems very...primitive of them. Either that, or you were getting trolled. Personally, I've never seen this, but I have seen teammates go AFK on me a bunch of times.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Time for a couple of clips.
  • I don't typically play dirty, but when it comes to Jump Showdown, I've been eliminated via grabs way too often. When I tried the grab tactic, this is what happened:

• I also (unintentionally) found a way to go out of bounds in Door Dash. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's found this bug.