Gaming Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC, PS4) | Season 4 is Live - 7 New levels

United Hobbit

Nope. I've won 7 times on Fall Mountain and sad enough to have recorded 6 of them.

Row 1 wins: 2
Row 2 wins: 4 (one had 19 people in)
Bet the one with 19 was chaos

Is there anything that determines grid position?

AaronRedDevil

How do you guys even win. I’ve come 2nd so many times it’s insane. I’m level 17 and still haven’t won a game yet.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I really want to try this game. Can anyone give me a tutorial of the controls/gameplay etc?

United Hobbit

I have only done it twice on my end, and when I did there was only about 5 people left :lol:
I've found if I tip toe round it im doing a little better though got past my nemesis of that second set of sliding blocks only to be taken out by those stupid pink sliding bollards right near the end!

I got taken out by a falling body the other day

It would be hilarious to have it as a first round the bodies flying everywhere and the "whirlpooling" as they all bunch up would be funny and absolute carnage. Think it would take out most people!

It would make a cool final as besides probably hexagon (which I have yet to win) it's definitely the level that requires highest skill and least margin for error

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do you guys even win. I’ve come 2nd so many times it’s insane. I’m level 17 and still haven’t won a game yet.
I guess you learn the courses, what works and what doesn't. I've won about 20 times now I think.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Seems like your issue isn't courses in general as you seem to qualify through them fine. Just the final round that eludes you. Hard to explain what to do for them as well as there isn't a set strategy other than on Fall Mountain to try and go a direct route where you'll get hit the least and even then there's a bit of luck about it depending on what row you start in.

AaronRedDevil

Seems like your issue isn't courses in general as you seem to qualify through them fine. Just the final round that eludes you. Hard to explain what to do for them as well as there isn't a set strategy other than on Fall Mountain to try and go a direct route where you'll get hit the least and even then there's a bit of luck about it depending on what row you start in.
I actually was on par to win last night but there was a storm. Just about to grab the crown on Fall mountain. I was the only one on the last bit. Then the light just went out for a second and disconnected me. Damn near threw my controller through the tv :lol:

Smores

I actually was on par to win last night but there was a storm. Just about to grab the crown on Fall mountain. I was the only one on the last bit. Then the light just went out for a second and disconnected me. Damn near threw my controller through the tv :lol:
It's not just you, i managed to get to get to 6 finals in a row last time i played and finished really close on all of them. Had to take a break after that to subdue the fury building at not ever winning :lol:

Damien

Staff
SEVEN rounds in my first game since the update (and was robbed in the final, jumped and definitely hit the crown first). This had better not be the norm now.

AaronRedDevil

Really wish the Hex a Gon wasn’t the default for the Final. It’s very unfair or takes a lot of luck for someone to win it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why does the camera in slime climb start facing away from the race track.

United Hobbit

I really struggle with the camera on the jumpy one that's the equivalent of the total wipeout spinner- it doesn't stay where you set it so I'm constantly battling with that while trying to concentrate on jumping. I also have yet to find the optimum position for the camera.
I can usually survive the one with the green rotating arm but ive yet to win the final version of it, I've got unlucky with the falling platforms as well, once I was stranded in no mans land and my platform was chosen to go but I had nowhere to go as too far to the others so couldn't do anything but fall.

I also have never won hexagon, I know the trick is to jump but I lack the close control for that, especially with battling the camera moving everywhere added to the mix

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Seemed a little buggy tonight - even after realising I was using the wrong button for dive after a while. As if it were laggy I was knocked back out of nowhere a couple of times.

I'm still shit but still having fun.

United Hobbit

Hoarders I find a bit boring and flukey, the egg one if my team has secured a golden egg i stay in the nest and guard it it does seem however luck that you're not in the team they all "gang up on"

Not a big fan of tails ive had a few grab my tail from what seems miles away, also I've felt like I'm grabbing a tail but it doesn't register

Like someone said up thread I'd rather they stop uneven team games, unless you have a couple of world class players, if you're average like me you're almost set to lose if you're on the team with less players, especially annoying on the football one if it's after you've finally got past slime climb!! Surely it should be a simple enough code for them to implement, it's bad luck if someone quits but surely they can code for the starting number after the previous round to determine if they do a team or individual

Fall Mountain with more people could be carnage, you're completely stuck if you're not at the front of the grid, I've only ever won from the front row, i believe someone more skilled than me (Damien?) Up thread has won from row 2 but the others must be impossible unless they make the level harder to cause more attrition

I had an annoying 2nd earlier, was a bit behind a pigeon most of the way up fall mountain, he got to the crown before me, however it was raising, great i think here's my chance however I got there when it was just starting to come down so I paused and while I'm pausing he leaps and grabs it.

There seems to have been an influx of dinosaurs lately, i have to have a costume that stands out or I lose track of which one I am when there's lots of whirlpooling.

United Hobbit

Oh no! My boyfriend still has to tell me when to go on those 2nd lot of 3 blocks that come out I just can't time it.

Got taken out by the others whirlpooling again earlier when I was making steady progress

United Hobbit

Just had a huge contrast of hexagon finals

The first was with 19 of us which was carnage i was gone pretty quickly

The next was just 5 or 6 of us and I finally managed to win a hexagon final! I just ran round the edges, spiralling in where possible. I know some people say to drop straight to the bottom but surely you must have to be able to do the jumping technique and be excellent at it to do that as there's no margin for error?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just got the golden guy trophy so now I have 20 wins.

Damien

Staff
Might have to wait til the gf goes to bed but can prob play from around 9pm onwards
Yeah, that's fine for me. Will be on for about an hour/hour and a half.

How do we join up? I am on PS4 and PC now - won't be for a bit anyway.
Let me know your PSN and I'll add you to the PS4 conversation we use.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Little tip for those struggling on Slime Climb. If you misjudge the second jump on those things that come out you can grab onto it still and climb over it like in the vid I’ve capped below.

Also watch til the end to see me fall over on the beams but still manage to stay on.

United Hobbit

Little tip for those struggling on Slime Climb. If you misjudge the second jump on those things that come out you can grab onto it still and climb over it like in the vid I’ve capped below.

Also watch til the end to see me fall over on the beams but still manage to stay on.

That whole run was so flukey :lol: i can see me trying the grab thing and either still messing up or they will have fixed it!

Just won a fall mountain to take my tally up to 5, me and my dinosaur suited opponent both leapt at the same time and seemed to grab it at the same time so I'd be gutted if I was him! They should do a replay of the final so you can see how close it was

Hope we see some new levels is it me or have they scrapped the jumping final (that id never won)