Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

Crashoutcassius

This really the only correct answer. It doesn't matter what someone would do if the could attend. It only matters what you can do. If you are not shelling out the cash or time to go to the stadium you have no right to criticize those who do. It's selfish and unfair. This coming from a non-match goer.
Absolutely. I go to one match a year. I didn't really like when fans took the piss out of fellaini and booed him, thought it was really classless for a player giving his all with no say over whether he plays or not, but beyond that I don't think I'd criticise a match goer for anything.

I used to wonder about leaving early... but if you have a family or a job the next morning and have a ways to travel I get it. I waited for the tram for over an hour in December and just listened to all the lads around me who had 1hr plus of a journey after we finally go on the tram & then work in morning

Sad Chris

It's. The. Same. People.
Maybe that‘s part of the problem. As unhappy as one can be about the Glazers, Woodward and Ole, based upon the Caf, I’ve concluded that one of our problems, possibly the most annoying, is the attitude of our fans.

Possibly, my opinion doesn’t mean much to you or many others, because I don’t attend games, I live abroad.

Last edited:

Darlington Padgett

Jeez give it a rest. He just won for the second time at the Etihad in one season, not many will do the same.

I honestly can’t fathom why people think we are playing worse than under Mourinho, especially considering the much needed clear out and rebuild Ole has had the balls to do, injuries and amount of youngsters in the squad.

Take a look what Mourinho is doing at Spurs now with a more experienced and talented squad. Poch lost the dressing room of the same squad and was in free fall.

I know Mourinho isn’t the only comparison to make I’m just using him as a comparison as he was our last manager and supposedly one of the best in the world. Poch is the fans next chosen one.

The Grass isn’t always greener and people are too naive and impatient to see exactly where we are as a club and that a very young side with multiple new arrivals will not instantly play like prime Barca ffs.
Not many teams get to play twice in one season at the Etihad.... We've got 9 win in 25 games, that's enough to sack any manager. Mourinho was defensive but he delivered two cups. We won games by small margins but we were winning. He lost the dressing room and had to be sacked but not even Mourinho trying to be sacked was as bad a Ole. We have 70% of the ball and no shots on target, I'd rather have Moyes crossing 100 times than this.

crossy1686

career ending
Not many teams get to play twice in one season at the Etihad.... We've got 9 win in 25 games, that's enough to sack any manager. Mourinho was defensive but he delivered two cups. We won games by small margins but we were winning. He lost the dressing room and had to be sacked but not even Mourinho trying to be sacked was as bad a Ole. We have 70% of the ball and no shots on target, I'd rather have Moyes crossing 100 times than this.
You 100% wouldn’t rather have Moyes. That much I can guarantee.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So tell me what you are trying to do apart from being on here crying about people trying to do something?
For one I would actually get a proper plan instead of a last min email and to pick a game late into the season when the team has nothing to play for and organise a no show.

They've talked so much about a protest for years and done nothing useful.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Am I reading this right? Some in here complaining about the non match going fans, telling them to get their own tickets and then do their own walk out? Ffs ironic isn’t it? For one, the non match going ones are the ones who are not putting money into the glazers pocket. In fact if the match going ones become non match going ones, it might get the point across to the Glazers.

Stop going to games. Or stop moaning about how you want the glazers out. Really as simple as that.

Tel074

For one I would actually get a proper plan instead of a last min email and to pick a game late into the season when the team has nothing to play for and organise a no show.

They've talked so much about a protest for years and done nothing useful.
Tbh it was the 1st Feb it's not late in the season well our season is more or less over because we are dog shit . I'm guessing United fans have been used to being shite so we just go with the flow now

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Am I reading this right? Some in here complaining about the non match going fans, telling them to get their own tickets and then do their own walk out? Ffs ironic isn’t it? For one, the non match going ones are the ones who are not putting money into the glazers pocket. In fact if the match going ones become non match going ones, it might get the point across to the Glazers.

Stop going to games. Or stop moaning about how you want the glazers out. Really as simple as that.
Ironic? What’s ironic is you acting like you have a valid opinion as a fan of a team you don’t go to support. Whether you have the in the past is irrelevant, currently you don’t go so like 95% of people on this site (unfortunately me included these days) you have absolutely no right to question those who to the games regularly.

Football is bonkers these days. How anyone can view themselves as a supporter rather than a fan when they don’t go to games is beyond me. Being offended that people view others that go to games as better supporters than they are as well, when it’s the honest truth. If you go to more games you’re a better supporter of the team fact.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The piousness of some match going fans always makes me laugh. As though the relative pennies they spend on tickets is still the bedrock of clubs like United anymore. The ‘armchair’ fans have as much right to an opinion based on paying their TV subscriptions which is what has taken football finances to another stratosphere.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Ironic? What’s ironic is you acting like you have a valid opinion as a fan of a team you don’t go to support. Whether you have the in the past is irrelevant, currently you don’t go so like 95% of people on this site (unfortunately me included these days) you have absolutely no right to question those who to the games regularly.

Football is bonkers these days. How anyone can view themselves as a supporter rather than a fan when they don’t go to games is beyond me. Being offended that people view others that go to games as better supporters than they are as well, when it’s the honest truth. If you go to more games you’re a better supporter of the team fact.
Such an ignorant and blinkered view or how a fan can lend his/her support to the team. You must be one or those “top reds” who think that the only way to support your team is to go watch games at the stadium. Stop embarrassing yourself.

dove

You 100% wouldn’t rather have Moyes. That much I can guarantee.
Well, I seriously would. At least our fanbase would unanimously agree that he is shite (still better than Ole though) instead of inventing some ridiculous excuses every day.

djembatheking

The Blazers/Woodward will do enough again this summer to keep the money machine rolling , Pogba sold and a few new shiny signings to ensure the sheeple renew season tickets and memberships , job done .
Got to give it the scousers , when they wanted Hicks and Gillett out they were far more militant and knew that short term sacrifice would be to the benefit of the club. There is no way kloppo would be there if it was still hicks and Gillett.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The piousness of some match going fans always makes me laugh. As though the relative pennies they spend on tickets is still the bedrock of clubs like United anymore. The ‘armchair’ fans have as much right to an opinion based on paying their TV subscriptions which is what has taken football finances to another stratosphere.
Opinions are one thing, but do not think that there is no difference between a guy with a sky sports subscription and another who is a season ticket holder and gives up his time and money to attend matches

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Opinions are one thing, but do not think that there is no difference between a guy with a sky sports subscription and another who is a season ticket holder and gives up his time and money to attend matches
I believe in a civilised society that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I have said in an earlier post today that I have big respect for people who fork out to watch this rubbish week in week out because it’s a big undertaking.

But fans who go less regularly don’t have less of a right to state an opinion.

I guess the point I’m making is that historically match going fans were put on a pedestal in the sense that their money was integral to a club’s revenue, but truth be told that’s not a major proportion of the overall pie anymore – tv money is.

Against that backdrop, we should probably update the outmoded view that match going fans are the gold standard whose opinions carry more weight

I go a couple of times a season and hear some absolute drivel spouted in the pubs and on the terraces

Judas

Open to offers
Some of the worst football conversations I've had and overheard were inside Old Trafford to be fair, the idea that people who go to games know more is very outdated.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

I have said in an earlier post today that I have big respect for people who fork out to watch this rubbish week in week out because it’s a big undertaking.

I guess the point I’m making is that historically match going fans were put on a pedestal in the sense that their money was integral to a club’s revenue, but truth be told that’s not a major proportion of the overall pie anymore – tv money is.

Against that backdrop, we should probably update the outmoded view that match going fans are the gold standard whose opinions carry more weight

I go a couple of times a season and hear some absolute drivel spouted in the pubs and on the terraces
Every time I go to a game I’m amazed at the absolute shite being spouted. The idea that paying for a ticket makes your opinion more worthy as a fan is absolutely stupid.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Some of the worst football conversations I've had and overheard were inside Old Trafford to be fair, the idea that people who go to games know more is very outdated.
So much this. The conversations and knowledge about our own team/players are shocking every time I’ve been there.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Every time I go to a game I’m amazed at the absolute shite being spouted. The idea that paying for a ticket makes your opinion more worthy as a fan is absolutely stupid.
I don’t mean to be horrible but the average match going fan is thick as pig shit

It’s how Twitter looks in real life

You get much more nuanced debate on here, despite all the ‘armchair’ fans

cyberman

Match going fans opinions seems a lot more measured though, maybe its because they see more of whats happening mid game.
Match threads on here are a trainwreck, i cant see how theyre comparable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t mean to be horrible but the average match going fan is thick as pig shit

The twitter comparison is a good one actually.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Match going fans opinions seems a lot more measured though, maybe its because they see more of whats happening mid game.
Match threads on here are a trainwreck, i cant see how theyre comparable.
What’s that based on?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

No doubt that football stadiums are full of people with a wide range of opinions. Armchair fans have many platforms now to voice their opinions but let's not pretend that they contribute in the same way. They just dont.

It's not about financials either. Match going fans are contributing by being there, supporting the team. Filling up Old Trafford every week. Being visible to the club, and the players. It does mean something. A large % of that stadium are sacrificing something by being there, both financially and with their free time.

I envy people who go to the world cup to support their country. Never done it, and I dont claim to be on the same level as them in terms of supporting the team, just because I watch it in the pub.

JG3001

Well said, they may act holier than thou, but the average Old Trafford fan these days are a bunch of tourists. Roy Keane prawn sandwich brigade comments are on the money.

No atmosphere, no spine, and they call the Emirates a library....

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I do think it's perfectly reasonable that match going fans are not interested in the opinion of armchair fans when it comes to how you should act at Old Trafford, be it singing more, what is sung, booing or walking out.

People are entitled to their opinions of course but that does not mean anyone has to give a shit about those opinions.

As for armchair fans knowing more than matchgoing fans, I don't know, I've heard some awful shit at Stamford Bridge but I've seen a lot worse on Twitter. I'd say it's a tie!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

I love how you start this post with your belief in a civilised society and then a few posts further down you claim the average matchgoing fan is 'thick as pig shit'.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I love how you start this post with your belief in a civilised society and then a few posts further down you claim the average matchgoing fan is 'thick as pig shit'.
In all seriousness though, I genuinely heard someone behind me yesterday say that Bruno is shit to his mate. 60 mins into his career. Another chap, a ST holder, called everyone a cnut for 90 mins. The young lad in front was on fecking Snapchat taking selfies the whole game. Fair play to them for turning up and paying money but it was not exactly a brains trust of fans. There are heaps of similar anecdotes I could give you. I just think we need to update the view that matchgoing fans have a superior right to an opinion or that their views carry more weight.

cyberman

What’s that based on?
Comparing the Ed / Jose hate on here to matchday fans. The literal walkout last night that didnt happen are three examples.
Jose even got cheered on his return in the Sky studio.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Comparing the Ed / Jose hate on here to matchday fans. The literal walkout last night that didnt happen are three examples.
Jose even got cheered on his return in the Sky studio.
The fans were singing about killing Woodwood recently so not sure that carries, and comparing chants to individual posts isn’t the point at hand.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I’m just exercising my right to an opinion :)
That's kind of the point though isn't it. You're sat on your phone or at a screen in your home. You dont have to defend your opinion. You are free to write anything you please, without consequences. You wouldn't stand outside Old Trafford and call anyone thick as pig shit would you? Of course not.

Match going fans arent more intelligent on average than people who dont go, but they are visible and they are contributing to the club. Players can actually hear their abuse or their praise. There are consequences. If an alien read this football forum its conclusion would be that most you hate the bloody club, and would wonder why you are bothering

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I’m just exercising my right to an opinion :)
That's kind of the point though isn't it. You're sat on your phone or at a screen in your home. You dont have to defend your opinion. You are free to write anything you please, without consequences. You wouldn't stand outside Old Trafford and call anyone thick as pig shit would you? Of course not.

Match going fans arent more intelligent on average than people who dont go, but they are visible and they are contributing to the club. Players can actually hear their abuse or their praise. There are consequences. If an alien read this football forum its conclusion would be that most you hate the bloody club, and would wonder why you are bothering

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I went yesterday, didn’t walk out and happily chanted Ole’s name throughout the game.

Anyone who thinks that makes me a shit fan can do one.

Thiagoal

As a member that goes to around half the home games a season I would never walk out on my team during a game! It’s not the players out on the fields fault we’ve got terrible owners and CEO! Whether we’re top of the Prem or bottom of league 2 I will support the players on the pitch!

Protests at the end of the game or outside the ground etc is a different matter and should be where the discontent is directed!

Sad Chris

What a pile of complete and utter bullshit. Fact my arse.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Crazy that this is in any way controversial.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I went yesterday, didn’t walk out and happily chanted Ole’s name throughout the game.

Anyone who thinks that makes me a shit fan can do one.
I’m not sure anyone has or would call you a shit fan for doing that.

It’s pretty much what I did except for chanting Ole’s name.

djembatheking

Ticket sales money may have less of an impact on a clubs finances these days compared to tv revenues .
An empty stadium will have a bigger impact on a club than fans just not watching on the tv though.
When the penny finally dropped for me and I stopped going to games, buying shirts and merch for kids and grandson , stopped subscribing to tv packages and use iptv now it self winds me up less. I play no part anymore in paying anything towards Jesse lingards wages.
Watching Eric in that Liam Gallagher video is ironic , Once we were at the top , Eric was the king leading our team out , bullish , we could take on the world. We are so far removed from that now it is frightening , like scared feckin rabbits in the headlights.
It's an addiction though , still can't give it up .

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So a tourist who picks up a touted ticket on their trip and goes to one game is a better fan than a local who leaves and breathes the club but can’t afford to go to a match?

Because logic.

RK

I agree, but I gave up trying to get that point across a long time ago.

Like any big club, the problem is the vast majority of our fanbase could never realistically be regular match-goers, so you'll face a defensive backlash for saying it. Maybe even the childish "Top Red" 'insult'.
Both types of fans have a lot of good folk, but it seems the most entitled, cnutish ones fall into the same category...
Anyway point is, if you're going to games, you're literally supporting the club more than someone that doesn't, generally. Hard to debate against that rationally.
A lot of people go to games just to enjoy supporting the team, and they shouldn't be criticised for not 'protesting'.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Of course I have to defend my opinion - I’m having to do it right now.

I probably wouldn’t have a dispute with someone face to face at the stadium because it would likely lead to trouble - if someone wanted to have a reasoned debate then that would be cool

76k capacity - there’s going to be a cross section of people, some thick as pig shit, some intelligent and some in the middle

The negativity in the football forum is rooted in the fact people are frustrated by what’s going on with the club they love

Overwhelming proportion of matchgoing fans in their drive to support at all costs are actively damaging the club because it sustains Solskjaer and keeps Woodward relatively cushy.

Lack of fan discontent at OT is a key reason that the club has become so mediocre