Fans planning Old Trafford walkout

pastyfool

I know it’s been mentioned before but I would prefer a walk in after 20mins (20 times etc).

Then after the game, stay for 20mins. Sing, make as much noise as possible. The post game show (don’t know if it’s BT or Sky) will be there with their pundits. It will be impossible to ignore.

I think walking out will only have an effect on the team in the later stages of the game. Confidence is low. The manager/players need the support.

Walk In.
Stay In.

midnightmare

1 billion is debt repayment?

Hundreds of millions in dividents. 20m divident for a 4bn asset is outrageous?

Original debt 700m. Outstanding debt 400m. 1 billion in debt repayment. Where's the 700m goes?
1. Yes. Over a billion. Look it up. In 2009, after the first restructuring, we still paid 118 Mn GBP in financing costs. This was on revenues of just 278 Mn GBP.
2. Over the period 2009-2013, our financing costs (interest, principal and dividends) were a whopping 403 Min GBP. That’s just for 5 years - and after we’d refinanced. That first 2008 refinancing reduced interest from 16.25% to 8.75%. Even the latter is exceptionally high. Even high-risk businesses in high-interest countries like India wouldn’t pay that kind of rate
3. Our debt repayments alone for the last 10 years (therefore excluding the years of ultra-high payments) is 750 Mn GBP.
4. Yes, a dividend (not divident)of 22 Mn is very very high if you’re not making profits!!! Even 200k is high if you’re making a loss! What’s so tough to understand?
5. We’ve spent <15 Mn on the stadium in the last 5 years combined. The roof leaks. The infra is atrocious for a club of our stature. But hey, where’s the money after the dividends? And “it’s not much”, eh?
6. Net debt is 511 Mn GBP. Gross is 640 Mn. We started at 660 in 2005. Go and read the annual reports if you want to argue. They’re on the website for free. Don’t just gas about.
7. Where did the money go? Oh guess what! The Glazers actually took personal loans from United. They also drew millions as their “expenses”. And dividends of course. They banked all manner of money. The club just suffered.

Grow up. Stop denying the truth. The Glazers are leeches and are milking the club and running it into the ground. Blind backers like you only help them and ensure we’ll never recover and they’ll continue to line their pockets.

predator

Youth NITK
This will never happen. A faction of the stretford end and east stand may do it but the majority will remain in the ground. It will still send a message I suppose but to ask a goobally supported club like United with a stadium that holds 75+k is just not going to happen.

I would join in on a mass walk out but I only go to OT about 5 times a year now... and that's because I now live about 20 mins walk away from OT.
Realistically there are fans who have held season tickets before the north stand was built and have seen the club in much worse states, and there are thousands of people who are relishing their first time at OT who wouldn't dream of leaving and then there are people who simply dont agree with leaving for multiple reasons.

A lower league club, this is possible. A club like united no chance.

We need a bunch of the MIB to turn up to Woodwards condo and cause havoc.

Tarrou

This will never happen. A faction of the stretford end and east stand may do it but the majority will remain in the ground. It will still send a message I suppose but to ask a goobally supported club like United with a stadium that holds 75+k is just not going to happen.

I would join in on a mass walk out but I only go to OT about 5 times a year now... and that's because I now live about 20 mins walk away from OT.
Realistically there are fans who have held season tickets before the north stand was built and have seen the club in much worse states, and there are thousands of people who are relishing their first time at OT who wouldn't dream of leaving and then there are people who simply dont agree with leaving for multiple reasons.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting the majority to walk out, are they?

I reckon a good 10k might if it's organised well, which would be decent.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
1. Yes. Over a billion. Look it up. In 2009, after the first restructuring, we still paid 118 Mn GBP in financing costs. This was on revenues of just 278 Mn GBP.
2. Over the period 2009-2013, our financing costs (interest, principal and dividends) were a whopping 403 Min GBP. That’s just for 5 years - and after we’d refinanced. That first 2008 refinancing reduced interest from 16.25% to 8.75%. Even the latter is exceptionally high. Even high-risk businesses in high-interest countries like India wouldn’t pay that kind of rate
3. Our debt repayments alone for the last 10 years (therefore excluding the years of ultra-high payments) is 750 Mn GBP.
4. Yes, a dividend (not divident)of 22 Mn is very very high if you’re not making profits!!! Even 200k is high if you’re making a loss! What’s so tough to understand?
5. We’ve spent <15 Mn on the stadium in the last 5 years combined. The roof leaks. The infra is atrocious for a club of our stature. But hey, where’s the money after the dividends? And “it’s not much”, eh?
6. Net debt is 511 Mn GBP. Gross is 640 Mn. We started at 660 in 2005. Go and read the annual reports if you want to argue. They’re on the website for free. Don’t just gas about.
7. Where did the money go? Oh guess what! The Glazers actually took personal loans from United. They also drew millions as their “expenses”. And dividends of course. They banked all manner of money. The club just suffered.

Grow up. Stop denying the truth. The Glazers are leeches and are milking the club and running it into the ground. Blind backers like you only help them and ensure we’ll never recover and they’ll continue to line their pockets.
Thanks for explaining further why it's fanfiction.

Glazer paid 1.5 billion total in 10 years for a 700m debt and still left a debt of 400m.

How in the world these clowns can be a billionaire

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

Good luck with that, it would be easier getting into Fort Knox having a bad acid trip whilst blindfolded and having your feet and hands together, then there's the retired Israeli army snipers that just don't miss ....

Put your name down to lead the posse, but don't forget to get a relative to let us know how yous got on, cheers

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes.

Disregarding the multiple other issues with opting for the 58th minute, it's tactically unsound: it will inevitably lead to less people actually walking out (many who might otherwise have considered it won't, because they find it tasteless and disrespectful).
78th minute is way too late though - most fans walk out by then to beat the traffic anyway. Would have minimal impact. Just do it 57th or 60th.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thanks for explaining further why it's fanfiction.

Glazer paid 1.5 billion total in 10 years for a 700m debt and still left a debt of 400m.

How in the world these clowns can be a billionaire
Everything is in official books reported by club website but it's fan fiction :lol:

predator

Youth NITK
Good luck with that, it would be easier getting into Fort Knox having a bad acid trip whilst blindfolded and having your feet and hands together, then there's the retired Israeli army snipers that just don't miss ....

Put your name down to lead the posse, but don't forget to get a relative to let us know how yous got on, cheers
It's funny though how they turned up to a private road in prestbury to intimidate Rooney for questioning the clubs ambition and seeking a move elsewhere.

Woodward gets a song.

Tarrou

10k would be a big statement but I still think it's a big ask.
Me too, I'd take the unders in a betting market at this point.

It probably won't be organised very well. You never know though, sometimes these things snowball.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm sure if Woodward threatened to go to City, or was it Chelsea he'd get a visit as well, oh hang on ....

Didn't Rio get a visit as well?
If Woodward threatened to go to city, I would genuinely pay for his taxi fare and give him a hug.

A scouser threatening to leave the club that he spent so many years at, and a CB that was arguably the best in the world at the time who both stayed and to this day are united through and through do not even deserve a mention regarding Woodward, pardon me.

Woodward has done more damage to the club than anyone. If anyone deserves the fans piece of mind it is him.

Kappa123

Let's be perfectly clear; players and managers don't need our support. They're adults doing their job, no need to cheer them on necessarily for doing their job. If the fans want to walk out they can do it whenever they want with no issue since they paid to see what is most likely a shite performance anyway

predator

Youth NITK
Me too, I'd take the unders in a betting market at this point.

It probably won't be organised very well. You never know though, sometimes these things snowball.
If it happens I will be happy because despite all the grief Woodward and co get on social media, 10kish people walking out of home game regardless of the result speaks much louder.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What's up with the final 8? is it some kind of magical number or what?
We won our first European cup in 1968, ten years after Munich - just an example of a United date that they could reference that doesn’t involve loss of life.

RedMilo

What a myopic post, the fans that are protesting truly care about the long term future of the club.
You are focused on one game when there is a bigger picture, too bad you dont see it.
You clearly don't get it, Im not bothered about the game. The number signifies something much more important. Fan leaving on 58 wouldn't be the right thing to do. Our former players who died representing the club we love in 1958 are remembered and with this being the closest game to the anniversary as well, leaving on 58 would be in bad taste, and shoud'nt be done.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm assuming someone in this thread has pointed to the timing of this walkout and drawn a conclusion from it yet?

I mean, '69' is a rather unique number.

And no, I don't believe in coincidences.

lsd

The Oracle
I know quite a few people going over from Ireland and they are not walking out . The money to go over stay there paying for them and their families just too much to make a point ghat won't work

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s interesting to hear the away fans today constantly singing Ole’s name and taken the 20LEgend flag.

If anyone thinks this protest is against Ole, youll be surprised.

fergiesarmy1

Don’t think anyone has said it is against him have they?
Nope, united fans wouldn’t do that against a club legend whose only been in charge 13 months about 8 months permanent. Just keyboard warriors trashing Ole.

klayton88

Those 12 people won't walk out now. Another false dawn against Tranmere. Bought a few more weeks.

hobbers

The walkout isn't against Ole obviously.

But the direct affect of getting Woodward out of the football side of things, and appointing a sporting director who actually knows what they're doing, would obviously also mean Ole sacked.

Tyrion

Those 12 people won't walk out now. Another false dawn against Tranmere. Bought a few more weeks.
Not sure about that. By the 58th minute, we could easily be losing to Wolves.

Tbh, I haven't seen any quotes from supporters and considering it's the mirror, I wouldn't be surprised if these "sources" are just tweets.

Giuliano Maiorana

This is what I want to see happen. Against Man City in the league cup

Half time comes, we are losing 2-0 (5-1 on aggregate) Ole grabs the stadium announcers mic, walks to the centre of the pitch and resigns, there and then, at the same time outing Woodward and the Glazers.
Sir Alex then comes on, grabs the mic and announces Ole as the new "Forward" we need for the rest of the season much to the amusement of Woodward.

Meanwhile Ole has stripped off his suit revealing full kit, and Fergie states he is starting the second half.
With that Fergie launches the mic into the stretford end and the utd fans get a rendition of " We want the glazers out" over the PA.

With that Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, NIcky Butt and Gary and Phil Neville pop out of the tunnel and anounce they are taking over until the end of the season, the stadium is going mental.

Mike Phelan is sat in his shorts with that bemused look on his face and pops a balloon again and Makes Sir Alex jump (again!)

Ole scores 5 in the second half and we knock city out.

Woodward resigns at full time and the Glazers give Man Utd back to the fans.

I genuinely can see this happening.

mark_a

How is this being "organised"? I'm a match-goer and heard something on Twitter about 58mins walkout (seemed like an inappropriate time), then something about 66 mins? In fact I read something that it was "going to happen", obviously I thought I must have missed that announcement!

It all seems a big vague Without a central way of finding out exactly what's meant to be happening I doubt this will have much chance of happening, as the % of people who might do this won't be clear about exactly what they're meant to be doing!

romufc

Fans who think a walkout or chanting has no issues are ones who will not participate.

Vs Burnley, it was 5 mins before and still there was media coverage, now imagine the coverage when there is 30 mins of the game to go.

This will not be an instant change, it takes time before we grind the owners and Woodward down, pressure must be kept.

Alabaster Codify7

Nobody said the protests are against Ole. They're against a board and CEO the fans want shot of. The result of which, if it was to happen, would also be the end of Ole. Any new owners would replace him off the bat, and bring in someone better to entrust with the new 'rebuild'.

clarkydaz

How is this being "organised"? I'm a match-goer and heard something on Twitter about 58mins walkout (seemed like an inappropriate time), then something about 66 mins? In fact I read something that it was "going to happen", obviously I thought I must have missed that announcement!

It all seems a big vague Without a central way of finding out exactly what's meant to be happening I doubt this will have much chance of happening, as the % of people who might do this won't be clear about exactly what they're meant to be doing!
68 mins is the alternative some have said. (first European cup). But yeah it seems to have stemmed from a tabloid article with no source

lsd

The Oracle
This is what I want to see happen. Against Man City in the league cup

Half time comes, we are losing 2-0 (5-1 on aggregate) Ole grabs the stadium announcers mic, walks to the centre of the pitch and resigns, there and then, at the same time outing Woodward and the Glazers.
Sir Alex then comes on, grabs the mic and announces Ole as the new "Forward" we need for the rest of the season much to the amusement of Woodward.

Meanwhile Ole has stripped off his suit revealing full kit, and Fergie states he is starting the second half.
With that Fergie launches the mic into the stretford end and the utd fans get a rendition of " We want the glazers out" over the PA.

With that Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, NIcky Butt and Gary and Phil Neville pop out of the tunnel and anounce they are taking over until the end of the season, the stadium is going mental.

Mike Phelan is sat in his shorts with that bemused look on his face and pops a balloon again and Makes Sir Alex jump (again!)

Ole scores 5 in the second half and we knock city out.

Woodward resigns at full time and the Glazers give Man Utd back to the fans.

I genuinely can see this happening.

There's more chance of that happening than there is of this "walk out " having any effect whatsoever