Fans Singing Ole Songs

Mainoldo

What do you mean by why are they better?

Look, ability and status as a legend aren't as correlated as you think. Di Maria, Veron, Pogba, etc. are some of the better players that have donned our shirt in terms of ability and will probably feature in top 20-30 in all time. But they wouldn't be regarded as legends (unlikely for PP as well unless there is a massive turn around) unless they start playing for the shirt in addition to showing their ability. Neville is an example on the other end of the spectrum
They are all different variables. I understand that and I understand why Ryan Giggs will be considered a bigger legend than CR7(If he’s even considered one). My view of legend Ole doesn’t qualify as his footballing ability wasn’t good enough.

That’s the final point I have to say on it. If you disagree who cares good for you.

Foxbatt

We? You aren't one of us.
No I am not one of you who keep loving a person above the club. Where were you when I was in the rain on a cold day in Oxford in the old 2nd division? You will probably say that you were not born.

TheReligion

Abusive
No I am not one of you who keep loving a person above the club. Where were you when I was in the rain on a cold day in Oxford in the old 2nd division? You will probably say that you were not born.
Fortunately I wasn't born. Two reasons why;

Firstly Oxford is a shithole and secondly standing next to a moaning fecker like you in the rain would have resulted in your untimely death by strangulation in the concourse.

I'd now be in the Costa del Sol on the run with @The Black Pearl.

Maybe it wouldn't have been that bad after all actually..

stevoc

Mate he told him he can go Spurs but he decided to stay :lol:
It was actually Martin Edwards who tried to sell him Ferguson told him to stay.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t want to lose his ‘baby-faced assassin’.

“The gaffer called me into his office and said: ‘I don’t really want to sell you because if you stay here you’ll play enough football,'” he explained in an interview with FourFourTwo. “That was enough for me. I didn’t want to go; my agent did. He said he had never met a person as stubborn as me. But I was right. I normally am!”

Foxbatt

Firstly Oxford is a shithole and secondly standing next to a moaning fecker like you in the rain would have resulted in your untimely death by strangulation in the concourse.

Or your ashes in an urn.

JB7

We dumb doesn’t understand dumb.

Well yes he wanted to leave because he wasn’t playing. Which extends the point why was Ole so happy to stay :lol:
Because he was still playing 40-50 games most years? He could have gone to another club, been first choice and still not played that many games.

Surely as a supporter, if you've got a player averaging 15-20 goals a season without starting regularly, you would rather keep him at the club than go and play for a club competing against you? And as a supporter, you have to appreciate a player that knows he could go elsewhere and start every week but wanting to stay and keep scoring goals for your club?

Whilst your point is completely insane, I'd understand it somewhat if after turning down a move, he had been shite. But he wasn't. He scored 86 goals in the 5 years after he turned down the move ffs.

Mainoldo

Because he was still playing 40-50 games most years? He could have gone to another club, been first choice and still not played that many games.

Surely as a supporter, if you've got a player averaging 15-20 goals a season without starting regularly, you would rather keep him at the club than go and play for a club competing against you? And as a supporter, you have to appreciate a player that knows he could go elsewhere and start every week but wanting to stay and keep scoring goals for your club?

Whilst your point is completely insane, I'd understand it somewhat if after turning down a move, he had been shite. But he wasn't. He scored 86 goals in the 5 years after he turned down the move ffs.
I didn’t say I wanted him to leave. He was a great asset, I’m just pointing out he wasn’t at any point our number 1 striker. Maybe his break through season if we are class the King as a support striker and even then I’m sure Cole broke his legs.

RUCK4444

It is unironically a very classy thing.
Of course it is. It’s just a nod to the club legend who tried his best and there’s no hard feelings from the core of the fanbase.

People like to exaggerate the important of things, especially when it ‘embarrasses’ them.

Your a Chelsea fan right? I posted recent if Chelsea fans had a song for Frank and sang it now after he failed as manager that I’d find it perfectly normal.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

:lol:

Tarrou

I've got tickets for Burnley and hope we have a few renditions of the original Ole song (assuming the game goes ahead)

I don't care what anyone says he's a massive legend in my eyes and always will be

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So this thread is still open but they close the Man Utd Covid one? Makes sense.
The difference being this thread actually has entertainment value. We get to witness first-hand the devastating effects Ole's had on our fanbase, and, let's be completely honest here, it's a beautiful thing.

The Firestarter

I devastated my brothers sofa when Ole scored late on in the 4th round of the FA Cup in 1999.

And no, not by soiling myself, before some clever richard leaps to a silly assumption, but by jumping up and down on it.
That's quite the suspicious clarification.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I devastated my brothers sofa when Ole scored late on in the 4th round of the FA Cup in 1999.

And no, not by soiling myself, before some clever richard leaps to a silly assumption, but by jumping up and down on it.
Why would you jump up and down on your brothers sofa when you had just shit yourself ?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i think about ole whenever i want to keep the wolf from the door. my wife is eternally grateful for his shit regime.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thought we played at home the few times I could bear to listen to the game.