Fans who 'celebrate' goals by taunting the opposition fans..

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'll only watch United live maybe 3 times a season, every time though match goers around me will celebrate by making hand gestures and immediately looking over to the opposition fans, a bunch of random strangers who support a different team.

Same when they score, and you'll see it on TV often too.

I've never got my head around why it happens, can anyone explain it to me? I wouldn't go to the cinema and celebrate watching a great film by going into another screening and shouting "Wheeyy feck off wanker" to some random guy in the back seat eating his popcorn.
How's your prawn sandwich? Too much rose sauce?

youngrell

Tend to agree if it’s the first reaction. Celebrate the goal with those around you then give it to the opponent if warranted.

I once went to a Swansea vs Norwich match and the 2 guys next to me spent the entire game throwing the wanker sign up to the Norwich fans, of which there weren’t too many. At least watch the game ffs.

Moby

Dick
I remember going with a friend to watch Terminator 2 (first mistake) in the theater and sitting down next to this couple who couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the series (second mistake)... When one of the good robots won a battle the guy started whooping...

I had a look of disgust on my face the rest of the movie (actually the entire movie, it was trash)

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’ll be controversial… there is something a little weird about grown men shouting random insults and sticking their fingers up at thousands of other random blokes who are doing the same back.

Those blokes who like to scream and swear at the players and/or referee are plonkers, too.

Look at me and how many swear words I can say in my loud voice.

In summary, football grounds are full of weirdos.
You should try frequenting football forums on t’interwebs!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tend to agree if it’s the first reaction. Celebrate the goal with those around you then give it to the opponent if warranted.

I once went to a Swansea vs Norwich match and the 2 guys next to me spent the entire game throwing the wanker sign up to the Norwich fans, of which there weren’t too many. At least watch the game ffs.
Those Norwich fans were wankers though

TheReligion

Abusive
I kind of get what the OP is trying to say however the comparison to the cinema is fecking daft.

It all depends where you're sat really. If you've been getting it from the opposition all game obviously you're going to give it back when the goal goes in. That's said I'll never understand the people who literally just face each other giving it loads for 90 minutes irrespective of what's going on during the game.

cyberman

I remember going with a friend to watch Terminator 2 (first mistake) in the theater and sitting down next to this couple who couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the series (second mistake)... When one of the good robots won a battle the guy started whooping...

I had a look of disgust on my face the rest of the movie (actually the entire movie, it was trash)
T2 is fantastic you tasteless son of a bitch. They’re the hero’s in this story, not you!

MattyLT

Also, the chants need to be much more diplomatic, and acknowledging of the fact that it's ultimately down to chance which team you support, and where you were born. I'm picturing something along the lines of:

"We don't mean to be arrogant or anything like that, but we're kinda sort of hoping for United to win this match, if you don't mind!"

or:

"It's only natural for us to big up Ronaldo, but we're not saying he's a better person than your players!"

MoXoM

What the hell?!?

T2 is a masterpiece!!! :nono:

M Bison

Supports
York City
I love the idea of going to the cinema and running into another screen after my films finished and taunting a fellow film-goer, sounds hilarious :lol:

Becks_VII

I don't get over much anymore, but was in a pub for the United West Ham game on Sunday. The cheers around the pub when West Ham scored, most likely from a lot of non West Ham fans as I'm in Dublin :lol:, and the shit talk coming outta them really got us going, so in the events that followed in us winning the game we gave it back to them even more so, all part of the game with the good natured ribbing, I have no problem with it as long as things don't get too heated and in turn violent!

Red00012

I'll only watch United live maybe 3 times a season, every time though match goers around me will celebrate by making hand gestures and immediately looking over to the opposition fans, a bunch of random strangers who support a different team.

Same when they score, and you'll see it on TV often too.

I've never got my head around why it happens, can anyone explain it to me? I wouldn't go to the cinema and celebrate watching a great film by going into another screening and shouting "Wheeyy feck off wanker" to some random guy in the back seat eating his popcorn.
3 times too many I’d say mate , pick badminton or netball perhaps

Oranges038

Weird to compare with cinema. Do you cheer when your favorite actor does something on screen?
I used to cheer every time Bond got his leg over.

Then me too happened.

Now I just tut at it and shake my head in disappointment, saying "not again James". Whilst pouring myself more wine and eating a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I love the idea of going to the cinema and running into another screen after my films finished and taunting a fellow film-goer, sounds hilarious :lol:
"Is this a library? Is this a library?"
"And it's all gone quiet over there..."
"Come to see Dwayne Johnson? You've only come to see Dwayne Johnson..."
:lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

As a Jurassic Park in screen 7 fan, I sympathise deeply with your plight.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

This is unacceptable and deserves it's own thread (and banning).

pacifictheme

What I find weird is when united fans come on here to gloat at other fans of united after a win.

Pickle85

Wait...hold on. Terminator 2 (as in 'Judgment Day') was shit?

Now I'm upset.