Fans who were against today's protests

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
i think it’s pretty clear they have always done the bare minimum to protect their investment. they are not here out of love or duty, it’s a business to them. most fans are passionate about their club, it’s the nature of the beast. try treating family members as a business or any relationship on a transactional basis and see how it goes.

i will agree they are not the worst owners in history, but they are clearly on the shittier side of the spectrum and have taken more out of the club than they have we’ve put in.
The problem here is a lot of people have a misplaced idea that they are in part owners of the club because they have chosen to, or been indoctrinated into supporting it. The unfortunate fact is they aren’t and actually have no say in what the real owners do, so long as they aren’t breaking the law

That'sHernandez

I don't know why but this comment made me really angry, it demonstrates all that is wrong with the fanbase, not willing to take short term pain for long-term improvement. I'm sorry if it ruined your afternoon. Some of us care about the clubs future.

As others have said, every other avenue of fans being heard has been tried over the years an yielded nothing.
My afternoon wasn’t really ruined. I’m sorry to have made you angry.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Hope you’re ok mate.
it’s a disgrace. i don’t think a single protester spared a single thought for that’shernandez today. i think that’s what souness was trying to articulate but was too choked up about a ruined afternoon to get his point across properly.

Josep Dowling

I don't think you understand how the debt works. It's not a negative thing.

All of those purchases were made at a time when the debt the club had against it actually was an issue, and they were still made.
I always love people trying to explain that debt isn’t a bad thing. Well of course it is in the context of United when it’s taking out negative cash flows that could easily buy a world class player every summer.

Saving some tax because of interest paid? You save 19% corporation tax but the club has still spent cash to pay the interest. If United didn’t have the interest to pay they would be 81% better off cash wise after tax, assuming the loans are interest only. And given the clubs debt never reduces its highly likely to be the case.

Just imagine what the club could have done without the Glazers taking over? All that additional cash to sign players, upgrade Old Trafford and the training ground. Would we have lost Ronaldo and Tevez and then replaced them with utter tripe. They spent money when it was drastically necessary to do so.

That'sHernandez

it’s a disgrace. i don’t think a single protester spared a single thought for that’shernandez today. i think that’s what souness was trying to articulate but was too choked up about a ruined afternoon to get his point across properly.

Probably right, he’s a personal friend of mine and we had been texting prior. I didn’t realise it would have such an effect on him tbh

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Who have done nothing other than got a game postponed in the scheme of things
I'm not sure that's true. They've sent a really strong message that we've all had enough of them. They will get their super league over our dead bodies so they may as well cash out now.

That'sHernandez

I'm not sure that's true. They've sent a really strong message that we've all had enough of them. They will get their super league over our dead bodies so they may as well cash out now.
But then they wouldn’t be able to take these astronomical sums out of the club... the exact reason people want them to sell is the reason they won’t

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
The problem here is a lot of people have a misplaced idea that they are in part owners of the club because they have chosen to, or been indoctrinated into supporting it. The unfortunate fact is they aren’t and actually have no say in what the real owners do, so long as they aren’t breaking the law
as a fan you might not be an owner that gets any financial benefit from the club but you have a vested interest. depends where you see the line on money v emotion really. i would say i get more out of sport than i do out of my
job for example. i also don’t agree you get no say, you have a right to protest anything and show displeasure. for me it’s no different to standing outside anywhere and kicking off about being screwed over.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The way they carried this out in the same weekend as the social media blackout, suggests it wasn't as well planned as many would have us believe.
I wouldn't think there's more of a gameplan. I hope there isn't one, as today wasn't great.
Um, did you just miss the fact the social media blackout was announced less than a week ago? This protest was in the works longer than that.

Somewhat of a coincidence they decided to carry out this social media blackout when it was known the United protest was happening already.

That'sHernandez

as a fan you might not be an owner that gets any financial benefit from the club but you have a vested interest. depends where you see the line on money v emotion really. i would say i get more out of sport than i do out of my
job for example. i also don’t agree you get no say, you have a right to protest anything and show displeasure. for me it’s no different to standing outside anywhere and kicking off about being screwed over.
I’m fine with the protest, just not the breaking into OT bit, or preventing the team from leaving the hotel. I agree people have the right to protest, they don’t have the right to be heard though.

MTF

I've surmised that those who want the Glazers gone at any cost are hoping that eventually we have the transfer strategy of Barcelona but not the youth academy philosophy. After all, how are any youth players getting in the team when you're buying 3+ world class players every year?

Flying high

I've surmised that those who want the Glazers gone at any cost are hoping that eventually we have the transfer strategy of Barcelona but not the youth academy philosophy. After all, how are any youth players getting in the team when you're buying 3+ world class players every year?
Please tell me how you have surmised that.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We paid £30m for Berbatov, £24m for van Persie, £22m for Nani and about the same for Anderson in the same window, we were prepared to pay the £50m to buy out Tevez's loan. We have spent plenty under the Glazers. Some people just don't want to acknowledge it.
And if we'd spent on the club the money they've wasted on the debt and dividends, we'd be enjoying even better football in a stadium so modern that it could boast fully functioning WiFi.

Crashoutcassius

Find someone that they actually like willing to put together £3bn or so to buy the club, or any other viable solution to the problem.

It’s quite clear Glazers will not just write off a £3bn+ assets because of a few hundred people storming the stadium.

I just struggle to understand what the actual message and expectation is. With every protest there is supposed to be a clear expectation of a certain action, I fail to see what it is here. It’s ‘we hate you and we want you out’ but without really presenting how this is supposed to happen and what is the end product. Would us being taken over by Saudis be fine? By any other ownership group?
Do you think sponsors will just not care if this kept happening ?

If glazers make a business decision that value of man united has peaked, or would be more valuable to someone else, then they might be motivated to sell

MTF

Please tell me how you have summised that.
Because we've already spent millions on dubious transfers such as Pogba, Maguire, Lukaku, Di Maria, AWB, Fred, Matic, Mata, Martial, not all of which are flops but none have risen to the expectations their respective fees would suggest. But apparently what we were missing to win was another additional bunch of overpriced players, per the calls for additional transfer spend.

Barcelona have been the masters of that in recent years, always spending on the latest emerging star only for them to be flops for them: Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
I’m fine with the protest, just not the breaking into OT bit, or preventing the team from leaving the hotel. I agree people have the right to protest, they don’t have the right to be heard though.
fair enough. i think you have to do stuff like that to be heard though and just look at the numbers supporting it. these aren’t a few outliers with the majority of people happy with the ownership. if this was a 20 minute march to the ground an hour before kick off with a few green and gold scarves and some chanting, then it would be business as usual and already forgotten. rightly or wrongly, the actions of the fans today have made them heard and from here i would be very surprised if the protests are not bigger next match day.

i really think this is a watershed moment, it either kicks on from here or the glazers are here forever.

That'sHernandez

fair enough. i think you have to do stuff like that to be heard though and just look at the numbers supporting it. these aren’t a few outliers with the majority of people happy with the ownership. if this was a 20 minute march to the ground an hour before kick off with a few green and gold scarves and some chanting, then it would be business as usual and already forgotten. rightly or wrongly, the actions of the fans today have made them heard and from here i would be very surprised if the protests are not bigger next match day.

i really think this is a watershed moment, it either kicks on from here or the glazers are here forever.
Hey, I hope it is as long as the right buyers come, or the Glazers change the way they operate at least. To see us to be believe though unfortunately

OrcaFat

See, I don't get it... I don't really want "no player too expensive". In the past years players that we haven't got that I wish we had are basically Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne... maybe Cavani when he was leaving Napoli. I don't see it as a guarantee of being more competitive. We entered a downward spiral when we appointed a bad manager in Moyes, and then followed that with 2 others that wouldn't really build anything long-term regardless of the transfer budget they could work with.
Yeah, that’s a different argument.

The mistakes we made were expensive mistakes but paradoxically the route problem was underinvestment from day one. For example, City couldn’t have got Pep without the funds and I doubt we could have interested him given our investment record.

On the general sentiment of your post, money isn’t everything and I’m not sure I’d be a happier fan if we suddenly spent hugely more than the other clubs. It’s clear that we could do it if the desire was there but there’s something noble about trying to win with modest investment.

The risk is that underinvestment (to whatever degree) and (whether correlated or not) reduced competitiveness create a spiral which erodes revenues in the end. From that point we fade to obscurity with just a puncher’s chance like Leicester or Liverpool (hee hee). That’s a gloomy way to look at it, of course; probably it’ll all be fine.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
i think it’s pretty clear they have always done the bare minimum to protect their investment. they are not here out of love or duty, it’s a business to them. most fans are passionate about their club, it’s the nature of the beast. try treating family members as a business or any relationship on a transactional basis and see how it goes.

i will agree they are not the worst owners in history, but they are clearly on the shittier side of the spectrum and have taken more out of the club than they have we’ve put in.
Yeah this is my thoughts on the Glazers. No way near the worst owners in the history of football. but defiantly take more money out of the club than is appropriate to do so.
i do push back on the amount of fans who get angry that they arn’t investing money into the club. I don’t want a club that supports itself of handouts from an owner. That isn’t good for the club or football.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Hey, I hope it is as long as the right buyers come, or the Glazers change the way they operate at least. To see us to be believe though unfortunately
I don’t think the Glazers could change the way they operate even if they wanted to, I mean even if they stop taking there dividends the debt is still in the clubs name and massive intrest payments are still going to need to be made.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
But then they wouldn’t be able to take these astronomical sums out of the club... the exact reason people want them to sell is the reason they won’t
Only if the club is increasing in value.

Crustanoid

Yeah this is my thoughts on the Glazers. No way near the worst owners in the history of football. but defiantly take more money out of the club than is appropriate to do so.
i do push back on the amount of fans who get angry that they arn’t investing money into the club. I don’t want a club that supports itself of handouts from an owner. That isn’t good for the club or football.
It’s not handouts. Money invested is off the back of our history. It’s disproportionate and they take more than they should

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t think it’s just up to the people protesting to have solutions. It’s okay to want change without knowing exactly what that looks like. I attended BLM protests without being able to articulate the changes that needed to take place, just that what is happening currently isn’t right.
Absolutely. I agree the glazers are leeching cnuts and protesting that is great. If it results in fans getting a greater say in the club then brilliant. What I disagree with is the undertone on this place that anyone who thinks the team they support being relegated/docked points is a bad thing and a glazer stooge. People who openly admit they’re a bit disappointed they couldn’t watch the team they love play today - and worry about how it impacts the players and Ole - are being mocked for not being true fans. It’s all a touch surreal in fairness - hating the Glazers is now more important for some than supporting the team. Some in favour on here are the same people who moan about Sancho and us not spending billions each summer yet want all our sponsors to pull out. I’d just love to know what the end goal of burning the whole thing down is and nobody can tell me - other than Glazer Out. It just seems like a bit of a mob mentality forming to be honest and seeing thugs jumping on cars cutting policemen already doesn’t really inspire confidence that this will lead anywhere other than creating huge disunity amongst fans and the club thus setting the team I love back just when we’re finally getting our shit together - at a time when I feel we have a very likeable squad and manager who I personally can emotionally connect with for the first time in a decade.

To me - rather than stopping games and punishing our players - Westminster is the obvious place where change can actually happen. These clubs are community assets and rules need to be in place designating that and limiting what owners can do. I think BBC headlines about police being attacked sets that cause back. But there we are - maybe I’m missing something and today will turn out to be a great day after all - maybe a sale will be announced tomorrow to some philanthropist billionaire - but personally I just see it escalating from here and getting very nasty. Some will love that as ultimately it may devalue the club enough to force a sale but for me it’ll just be a case of the emperors new clothes - we’ll fall even further behind as a club with Ole and the players used as collateral damage. Hopefully I’m wrong.

alexthelion

Absolutely. I agree the glazers are leeching cnuts and protesting that is great. If it results in fans getting a greater say in the club then brilliant. What I disagree with is the undertone on this place that anyone who thinks the team they support being relegated/docked points is a bad thing and a glazer stooge. People who openly admit they’re a bit disappointed they couldn’t watch the team they love play today - and worry about how it impacts the players and Ole - are being mocked for not being true fans. It’s all a touch surreal in fairness - hating the Glazers is now more important for some than supporting the team. Some in favour on here are the same people who moan about Sancho and us not spending billions each summer yet want all our sponsors to pull out. I’d just love to know what the end goal of burning the whole thing down is and nobody can tell me - other than Glazer Out. It just seems like a bit of a mob mentality forming to be honest and seeing thugs jumping on cars cutting policemen already doesn’t really inspire confidence that this will lead anywhere other than creating huge disunity amongst fans and the club thus setting the team I love back just when we’re finally getting our shit together - at a time when I feel we have a very likeable squad and manager who I personally can emotionally connect with for the first time in a decade.

To me - rather than stopping games and punishing our players - Westminster is the obvious place where change can actually happen. These clubs are community assets and rules need to be in place designating that and limiting what owners can do. I think BBC headlines about police being attacked sets that cause back. But there we are - maybe I’m missing something and today will turn out to be a great day after all - maybe a sale will be announced tomorrow to some philanthropist billionaire - but personally I just see it escalating from here and getting very nasty. Some will love that as ultimately it may devalue the club enough to force a sale but for me it’ll just be a case of the emperors new clothes - we’ll fall even further behind as a club with Ole and the players used as collateral damage. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Agree with all this.

ManchesterYoda

Isn't that the whole point of owning any business, including football clubs? To make more money than you put in? It would be great if a super rich United fan was the owner and they decided to invest all their fortune in the squad, but that wouldn't guarantee on pitch performances or success. It would only guarantee exciting transfer windows. Performances and success could have been achieved with half the total money the Glazers have invested if spent more wisely by the managers. You don't need to spend huge to build a quality team. Lack of money is not the problem. Coaching, tactics and team selection of the managers post SAF has been the problem. The Glazers aren't in charge of coaching, tactics or team selection and never have been.

Grib

to be fair if the game doesn't go ahead how can you gurn about how shite thing are:houllier:

TheReligion

Abusive
Isn't that the whole point of owning any business, including football clubs? To make more money than you put in? It would be great if a super rich United fan was the owner and they decided to invest all their fortune in the squad, but that wouldn't guarantee on pitch performances or success. It would only guarantee exciting transfer windows. Performances and success could have been achieved with half the total money the Glazers have invested if spent more wisely by the managers. You don't need to spend huge to build a quality team. Lack of money is not the problem. Coaching, tactics and team selection of the managers post SAF has been the problem. The Glazers aren't in charge of coaching, tactics or team selection and never have been.
There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to start.

Posh Red

The only way you definately force the club to sell is by the owners not making money and the club losing value.

I am only against the protest due to the covid situation inside and outside the ground with mass gatherings, that is potentially bigger than anything in the scheme of things. Fortunately less so now of course compared to other protests over the last year I was also against for the same reason.

Not going to watch games home or away, not buying merchandise/good from the club or any of its sponsors, not subscibing to Sky sports.

Of course this is unrealistic as what are the chances of majority of fans doing this as temporarily it is basically saying not supporting the club. I am all for what happened in terms of making the world aware and carigng about the club and understand it takes disruptive actions of a grand scale to make this happen....but in th egrand scheme of things, this wont make much difference to the owners whatsoever unless it is the start of much more to follow
I’ve found ‘H’

Manny

Grammar Police
I think this is worth a watch for those who don't get it, as well as for those who do. So many nails hit on the head

Red00012

I got 2 bedrooms painted because of the protests . So cans tomorrow it is

Grib

I dont get it, do the people crying cus they didnt get to watch a game not realise the obvious issue

*rhetorical*

Flying high

Because we've already spent millions on dubious transfers such as Pogba, Maguire, Lukaku, Di Maria, AWB, Fred, Matic, Mata, Martial, not all of which are flops but none have risen to the expectations their respective fees would suggest. But apparently what we were missing to win was another additional bunch of overpriced players, per the calls for additional transfer spend.

Barcelona have been the masters of that in recent years, always spending on the latest emerging star only for them to be flops for them: Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele.
I still don't see the logic. Because we have spent money badly under the Glazers, we must want to spend even more, just as badly?

This is rubbish. That the Glazers were happy with Woodward being in charge for so long is a part of te problem, though by no means the end of it.

Fridge chutney

:lol:

#justice4thatshernandez

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't know. Honestly agree with protesters obviously and the message behind it, but at the same time it's not going to do shit and the people rolling into OT to take selfies and have a laugh piss me off too.

One match getting postponed isn't going to do anything for the Glazers, and while it's nice to say "boycott games and don't give the club money" in reality all that would do is hurt the club and the team we love even more than what the Glazers do. It's a no win situation.