Fans who were against today's protests

mrniceguy

Football is truly a sport played for the enjoyment of a community. It could be played in a non-professional manner by the community or profesionnally, like Manchester United do. And just like any other entertainment business, the professionals are doing it for money, because, yes, it is a business. And any business' first and biggest goal is to make profits for its owners.

I don't particularly care if other people share my opinion or not. Problem is with violence and with the potential of setting a very dangerous precedent.

Yes, it's all fine and I understand it, of course. But I disagree when it comes to the reasoning of the opposite argument. I don't see why owners should invest their own money. The appeal of buying a profitable business is the part that it is....profitable. You and many others may not like the leveraged buy-out mechanism of buying the club but it is perfectly legitimate and if you must be angry at someone, why not be angry at the people who sold the club? They are the ones who allowed this "injustice" to happen.

I've written it in a lot more detail in other posts but I'll write it again. The Glazers are not the best owners in the world. But they are the devil we know and they are, most definitely, above the average for owners of a football club. I do not want a Saudi/Chinese/ex-USSR billionaire owner and I do not want 50%+1 ownership model. I would have a big problem with either of these for different reasons.

If there's any other billionaire
that wants to buy the club off the Glazers, let's see who they are, what they are planning and we take it from there.
Connor Mcgregor did tweet that he wanna buy United.

That would be awesome..

lysglimt

Scout
I guess this kind of contribution is what I should be aiming for to increase my post count right?
I am really excited about your next post in 2025 - that one should be good. I am so following you!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It does when the media claim they ashed their way to the pitch when in reality the security let them in.
Ok I see what you're saying but that video still shows a mob of scumbags breaking into a part of the ground. They should all be punished accordingly for that.

I feel sorry for the proper protestors, their actions have been diminished.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ok I see what you're saying but that video still shows a mob of scumbags breaking into a part of the ground. They should all be punished accordingly for that.

I feel sorry for the proper protestors, their actions have been diminished.
Have they feck. Scumbags? It was kids, OAP's and everyone inbetween. Fair play to all of them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What for? Breaking down a door?
Noone broke down a door, I was literally stood next to it when the stewards opened it.

Some lad kicked a complete separate window in which is pretty stupid but It really should not even be discussed. It's one action in thousands of people.

Volumiza

Noone broke down a door, I was literally stood next to it when the stewards opened it.

Some lad kicked a complete separate window in which is pretty stupid but It really should not even be discussed. It's one action in thousands of people.
I was commenting on that video above. Whatever it was it was criminal behaviour and stupid because it has taken some of the shine off what happened.

I wasn't labelling all protesters scumbags but those that overstepped the mark shouldn't be deemed acceptable.

Litch

like more protests, there is always those that want to use it for their own gain. Whether that's financially, self promotion or just for violence. I'll guarantee you, there will be some there that aren't even fans or even have any interest in football.

Cast5

I was commenting on that video above. Whatever it was it was criminal behaviour and stupid because it has taken some of the shine off what happened.

I wasn't labelling all protesters scumbags but those that overstepped the mark shouldn't be deemed acceptable.
Didn’t know kicking a door made you a scum bag, plenty of scumbags in the police giving United fans a good hiding though.

Volumiza

Didn’t know kicking a door made you a scum bag, plenty of scumbags in the police giving United fans a good hiding though.
Kicking a door or window that doesn't belong to you? Then walking through it? I've never done it and wouldn't dream of doing it.

If it was your door or window what would you do?

Cast5

Kicking a door or window that doesn't belong to you? Then walking through it? I've never done it and wouldn't dream of doing it.

If it was your door or window what would you do?
Someone kicking a door is your main take away from the protests, it’s what your upset about when there’s videos of coppers bashing innocent fans with batons and beating a lad up on the floor breaking his ribs. The only people taking away from the point of the protest are people like you.

Volumiza

Someone kicking a door is your main take away from the protests, it’s what your upset about when there’s videos of coppers bashing innocent fans with batons and beating a lad up on the floor breaking his ribs. The only people taking away from the point of the protest are people like you.
No. The only people taking anything away from the protests are the people who did this sort of crap. Footage of incidents like this and flares being flung around.

I am totally for and behind the protests.

TheReligion

Abusive
Also plenty of United fans in the police getting assaulted by United fans.

None of it is acceptable or should be used to point score.

jeff_goldblum

Honestly, life in this country would be fecking unbearable if the wet blankets who think trespass is beyond the pale had their way. Whenever you use a public right of way or visit to a National Park you are doing something that is only possible because people broke the law to stop the rich and powerful taking everything for themselves and screwing over normal people.

makcikkaulawa

You think McGregors a billionaire?

He'd make a fecking awful owner even if he could afford it.
i don't think he is a billionaire. Maybe he and Mayweather could join together.. No one would mess with us.

Or maybe Bill Gates? he is single now so maybe he wants a new hobby..

Cast5

No. The only people taking anything away from the protests are the people who did this sort of crap. Footage of incidents like this and flares being flung around.

I am totally for and behind the protests.
Course you are, your first reaction to the protest was to call them a bunch of cnuts because you couldn’t sit in front of the telly and watch the match, your first thought is to blame protest and haven’t once mentioned the heavy handed police.

Also plenty of United fans in the police getting assaulted by United fans.

None of it is acceptable or should be used to point score.
It’s not point scoring, the default reaction from people who had their Sunday afternoon ruined is to blame protesters and don’t mention the terrible security or the aggressive Police. They were still smashing people who were nowhere near the enterances. The entrances that were opened by security.

Volumiza

Course you are, your first reaction to the protest was to call them a bunch of cnuts because you couldn’t sit in front of the telly and watch the match, your first thought is to blame protest and haven’t once mentioned the heavy handed police.
People flinging flares at boxes where people are standing ... cnuts, absolutely massive cnuts, and yeah, I was looking forward to the match so what? Doesn't mean I don't support the aim of the protests. Maybe I'm just an old fecker.

I haven't mentioned heavy handed police no you're right, that doesn't mean I agree with that either.

TheReligion

Abusive

It’s not point scoring, the default reaction from people who had their Sunday afternoon ruined is to blame protesters and don’t mention the terrible security or the aggressive Police. They were still smashing people who were nowhere near the enterances. The entrances that were opened by security.
I'm still not sure of your point.

Protests = Good

Violence = Bad

For me it's that simple.

georgipep

Connor Mcgregor did tweet that he wanna buy United.

That would be awesome..
Considering his net worth is close to £300m, I'd say he might be the front of a group of investors. I do not know nearly enough about him to have an opinion, especially for his business skills. I know he recently sold a whiskey brand but I don't even know the details of that transaction and its background.

Andersons Dietician

It does when the media claim they smashed their way to the pitch when in reality the security let them in.
Did the security guard also smash the glass so they could get through easier? Surely just unlocking the door would have been easier if you know security were the ones that invited them in.

Andersons Dietician

Considering his net worth is close to £300m, I'd say he might be the front of a group of investors. I do not know nearly enough about him to have an opinion, especially for his business skills. I know he recently sold a whiskey brand but I don't even know the details of that transaction and its background.
He reckons he’s a billionaire. It’s his shares in proper 12 that are worth 300mil. Even then he’d have no where near enough and only reason he’d probably buy would be to milk money out. He’d need to be part of a syndicate, but even then he’d be tying all he had in to owning it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Those who follow me know that I tend to see the devil in the details. That serves me well in what I do. However, I must say that I was never as proud to be a United supporter as now. What the fans are doing in Manchester is simply glorious.

alexthelion

There is no doubt there are at least few Glazer men posting as ManUtd fans, that's sort of normal. Hard to find who though, IIRC at least one was clear case and most knew about it. Forgot the user name.
Why? Because they donm't agree with you or your views does not, in any way, make them shills.

You are just highlighting the problem with this fanbase, it must be one thing or another, it can't be somewhere in the middle.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why? Because they donm't agree with you or your views does not, in any way, make them shills.

You are just highlighting the problem with this fanbase, it must be one thing or another, it can't be somewhere in the middle.
Or you are highlighting the problem in general, people talking without knowing.

I don't know why people can't even read properly, I didn't accuse anyone who is against protests as Glazer boys, I said there are few Glazer men. There was one poster who was already banned long back.

alexthelion

I'm just starting to put those "customers" on the ignore list. Can't be asked getting warnings or getting banned when I begin telling them what I feel about their "pragmatic" idea of football.
Any sport, at the very top level, is a business nowadays, whether we like it or not and whether we feel we are a consumer or not. There is far too much money in top sport for it to be otherwise. A dose of reality (much as it pains us) is needed.

alexthelion

It I absolutely no argument to say: ‘United is a business and it’s sole purpose is to make money for the owners’. That is complete bullshit. It is like saying Stonehenge or the Grand Canyon should be taken into private ownership to make money for an individual and anyone who goes there is obliged to give their money to said individual in order to enjoy it, and also, the individual can choose to let them go to rack and ruin should they wish to. Our club needs to be taken off the collection of rectal filth who are currently profiting off it, by any means necessary.
To be replaced by someone who takes even more and puts us into even more debt? That sounds like a good idea to me.

SAFMUTD

I find amazing that many posters here don't support the protest. Diminishing it because it had the slimmest act of violence, I mean what the actual feck.

It was a protest, not a march. It went amazingly pacific.

alexthelion

So you condone criminal damage? That's nice to know. Do you really believe that makes you a true supporter?

alexthelion

Inappropriate Behavior - Condoning violence
Good, they probably deserved it.

alexthelion

Or you are highlighting the problem in general, people talking without knowing.

I don't know why people can't even read properly, I didn't accuse anyone who is against protests as Glazer boys, I said there are few Glazer men. There was one poster who was already banned long back.
Not aimed at you, was it?