Fans who were against today's protests

diarm

Connor Mcgregor did tweet that he wanna buy United.

That would be awesome..
Would it?

Get rid of some greedy leeches who don't give a shit about football, only to get into bed with a cokehead woman beater who doesn't give a shit about football?

Sweet Square

If you're happy at United supporters getting a broken jaw from the police then maybe it's time to call it a day on the whole football thing.

alexthelion

That post makes you no better than what you’re arguing against. Moronic.
I know, but with all the anti-Police posters I thought I'd just post the opposite.

In hindsight, it was stupiod and I apologise.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Only thing I’m against are those fans who became violent and abusive towards the police.
No place for that. They were doing their job.
Hope they get banned from Old Trafford. All for protests and I don’t mind the game being postponed because, as someone said on first page, you need some degree of disruption to make a statement. Absolutely no need to get aggressive.

Raven

i don't think he is a billionaire. Maybe he and Mayweather could join together.. No one would mess with us.

Or maybe Bill Gates? he is single now so maybe he wants a new hobby..
Ah, so you are piss taking, ya got me anyway.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Only thing I’m against are those fans who became violent and abusive towards the police.
No place for that. They were doing their job.
Hope they get banned from Old Trafford. All for protests and I don’t mind the game being postponed because, as someone said on first page, you need some degree of disruption to make a statement. Absolutely no need to get aggressive.
What about the next game being called off too? How many games will it be justified for? What about storming the pitch during a game? Or Carrington during an u18 match? Where is the line - if there is one - to getting them out? The message is they decide when the team plays and they’ve decided they don’t want the team to play. What if it leads to point deductions and forfeits - surely that’s also a long term positive to the cause? This is always the problem that the Glazers bank on - there is no way to burn down the club in a way to force them to sell without negatively impacting the team - and the more you negatively impact the team the more support starts to dwindle. It’s an absolute paradox of shit.

Crustanoid

To be replaced by someone who takes even more and puts us into even more debt? That sounds like a good idea to me.
Tedious

Read again. I said (paraphrasing here because I can’t be arsed to give you any more ammo) that any owner using a piece of heritage, which is dear to millions of people, for the sole purpose of their own gain, is unviable as an option

What about the next game being called off too? How many games will it be justified for? What about storming the pitch during a game? Or Carrington during an u18 match? Where is the line - if there is one - to getting them out? The message is they decide when the team plays and they’ve decided they don’t want the team to play. What if it leads to point deductions and forfeits - surely that’s also a long term positive to the cause? This is always the problem that the Glazers bank on - there is no way to burn down the club in a way to force them to sell without negatively impacting the team - and the more you negatively impact the team the more support starts to dwindle. It’s an absolute paradox of shit.
I trust the fans. The protest was really well organised, according to fans and journalists who were present (as far as I can tell it was only the idiot Souness who was there and criticised the protest). Their actions will be justified as long they are working towards a goal that the majority understands, and as long as their tactics are comprehensible

There's no reason to suggest that the protests will get out of control and end with fans storming under 18s games. As has been stated numerous times by organisers, the Liverpool game was targeted because it was such a high-profile game - and it worked exactly as planned.

The protesters aren't feral, violent or out of control. That's just what Sky are saying because their broadcast programme was disrupted.

I'd happily take a points deduction if it pushed the Glazers to sell.

Spoony

The People's President
Tedious

Read again. I said (paraphrasing here because I can’t be arsed to give you any more ammo) that any owner using a piece of heritage, which is dear to millions of people, for the sole purpose of their own gain, is unviable as an option
Sadly many can't see the difference between a club and its connection to its fans and bloody Debenhams.

alexthelion

I trust the fans. The protest was really well organised, according to fans and journalists who were present (as far as I can tell it was only the idiot Souness who was there and criticised the protest). Their actions will be justified as long they are working towards a goal that the majority understands, and as long as their tactics are comprehensible

There's no reason to suggest that the protests will get out of control and end with fans storming under 18s games. As has been stated numerous times by organisers, the Liverpool game was targeted because it was such a high-profile game - and it worked exactly as planned.

The protesters aren't feral, violent or out of control. That's just what Sky are saying because their broadcast programme was disrupted.

I'd happily take a points deduction if it pushed the Glazers to sell.
What was well organised? What was the overall goal? "Fans" breaking in to OT and pissing about on the pitch, damaging equipment and then fighting police isn't violent or out of control?

What planet are you on?

What was well organised? What was the overall goal? "Fans" breaking in to OT and pissing about on the pitch, damaging equipment and then fighting police isn't violent or out of control?

What planet are you on?

I just think your narrative about what happened at the stadium is just entirely wrong. Fans breaking in - that was organised. Pissing around on the pitch? Aaaah no, a boy kicked a ball into a net on a football pitch! Send in the SAS! I actually think that was a lovely example of uninhibited footballing joy, and I don't get why anyone would object to that. Damaging equipment?? I don't think anyone in the world will lose any sleep over that, and I don't think it undermines the protest in any way.

The biggest deal of the things you've said is the violence between fans and police officers. But even here, the United account (never contradicted by police reports) says that no violence was directed towards police before 4pm, when police started trying to disperse the protest. United fans say that the violence was instigated by police. I believe that, having been in other protests over the last few years where police suddenly began acting aggressively. Not to condone the violence that did happen, on both sides, but you seem to be victimising the police and castigating United fans, which is not balanced - especially as it should be the police's job to protect people from violence.

Have you ever tried to organise a protest? Believe me, this protest was well organised and really impressive in many ways. It achieved its goals, expressed its aims clearly and warned of what could happen if its aims are not addressed. 10 people being aggressive in a protest of 10000 does not mean the protest was not well organised - to me it means the opposite.

(I'm out of posts for today, so will have to reply tomorrow)

Reactions: Sultan

cyril C

We can play our second best player in every position and not lose 4-0 to Roma. I honestly have no idea why you’re worried. Roma have to go for it, which means masses of space for us on the counter.
You are proposing playing Best 11 against Liverpool for an almost rubber stamp game, and play 2nd string players in a wrap up game, I propose the opposite. This is hardly right or wrong, all depends on what Ole thinks and what is his priority.

As for what to worry about, what happen if we lose 2 goals in 1st half, and worse, get a red card. Do we continue playing counter-attack, start attacking, or further park the bus? This is my worry. By playing a strong back 4 (+ 2 experienced MF), we don't need to organise attack (hence Bruno / Porga / Rashford / Cavani not essential), but we still need a stable defence.

Cast5

I just think your narrative about what happened at the stadium is just entirely wrong. Fans breaking in - that was organised. Pissing around on the pitch? Aaaah no, a boy kicked a ball into a net on a football pitch! Send in the SAS! I actually think that was a lovely example of uninhibited footballing joy, and I don't get why anyone would object to that. Damaging equipment?? I don't think anyone in the world will lose any sleep over that, and I don't think it undermines the protest in any way.

The biggest deal of the things you've said is the violence between fans and police officers. But even here, the United account (never contradicted by police reports) says that no violence was directed towards police before 4pm, when police started trying to disperse the protest. United fans say that the violence was instigated by police. I believe that, having been in other protests over the last few years where police suddenly began acting aggressively. Not to condone the violence that did happen, on both sides, but you seem to be victimising the police and castigating United fans, which is not balanced - especially as it should be the police's job to protect people from violence.

Have you ever tried to organise a protest? Believe me, this protest was well organised and really impressive in many ways. It achieved its goals, expressed its aims clearly and warned of what could happen if its aims are not addressed. 10 people being aggressive in a protest of 10000 does not mean the protest was not well organised - to me it means the opposite.

Brilliant post.

Strelok

Mod, please promote this guy.

Not enter OT or prevent the team from leaving the hotel and ruin my afternoon
Is there any revolution around the world came without a bit of inconvenience? a bit of sacrifice? or usually a lot of?

If you're a United fan and you do not want the Glazers out, you're simply not following the situation of the club for at least 15 years. I wouldn't go as far as calling such plastic.

If you want the Glazers out and you can't stomach the inconvenience of missing a match then United is simply just a sort of entertainment for you. You clearly have no idea of the love and the connection between the local fans and the club. And I'm speaking as a foreign fan. Again, I wouldn't go as far as calling such plastic though.