Fantasy Football 2017/18

haram

Not many people interested in Defoe at 8 million? Bournemouth always good for goals and Defoe will surely bag a good amount.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Basically if I get a different 7 option that people don't generally have that could give me an advantage in points. The obvious risk is whether or not there is another 7 option who will get more points
Willian has only been selected by ~14% players till now. fwiw, I have Zaha at 7M and ~22% people have him in their teams.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Just going through this now. A few players who had good 2nd halves of last season and might go under the radar:

Mawson as a goal-scoring CB.
Ndidi @ 5m looks a snip considering he had 59 points in half a season.
Rob Holding @ 5m, depends if he starts not sure if Kolasinac has changed that.
Ihenacho @ 7m, contingent on him starting for Leicester but his production @ City in his small bursts might be worth the gamble.
Milner @ 6.5 as a defender, if he's still pen. taker he'll score and his overall score last season was as a midfielder IIRC so he's prob worth as much as any of the Chelsea defenders.

Dazzmondo

Willian has only been selected by ~14% players till now. fwiw, I have Zaha at 7M and ~22% people have him in their teams.
I think it'll go up by the time of 1st gw tbh. If it stays at around 14% I might keep him. There are a couple others I'm considering for 7 though. Zaha was one of them but def not worth the risk when so many have him imo.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I think it'll go up by the time of 1st gw tbh. If it stays at around 14% I might keep him. There are a couple others I'm considering for 7 though. Zaha was one of them but def not worth the risk when so many have him imo.
I will stick with Zaha. He supposedly played as a striker in the pre-season and that helps in this context.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Foster

Cedric Bertrand Trippier

Alli Salah Mkhitaryan Ritchie

Lukaku Chicharito Jesus

Subs: Coleman (GK), Daniels, Mee, Carroll (Tom)

Any thoughts on this?

VivaJanuzaj

I'm finally quite happy with my team:

---------------Foster---------------
Cedric-------Trippier------Bellerin
Willian---KDB---Milivojevic---Mane
Lukaku-------Rodriguez-------Kane

Subs: Elliot, Francis, Mee, Stephens
This is painfully similar to my team:

---------------Foster---------------
Yoshida-----Trippier----TAA----Francis
Fabregas---KDB----Mane
Lukaku-------Austin-------Kane

Subs: Elliot, Carroll, Ritchie, Mee

*Also thought of going Milivojevic-Azpi for Cesc-TAA

Ninja7Red

Yeah, Cedric might be moved out for someone else... possibly Daniels from Bournemouth.
Milojevic now takes their freekicks and pens and has already got a goal and assist in pre-season.

I originally had Ritchie but a few folks here have put me off him.

I have decided to scrap it out with these four mids: Loftus-Cheek, KDB, Lallana, Willian and Mane.

Forwards would be : Lukaku, Kane and Rodriguez.

What's your thoughts gents? :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I have decided to scrap it out with these four mids: Loftus-Cheek, KDB, Lallana, Willian and Mane.

Solid. Personally I'd prefer someone else other than Lallana (since you have Mane already). Plenty of good options in that £6m-£7.5m slot

How will Klopp fit Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Henderson, Lallana, Winaldjum and Can into his team? I think Lallana could find himself on the bench with Can out of that lot.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Not sold on Lallana. Maybe switch him for someone like Zaha? Then used the saved cash on bolstering defence? Strike looks good though.

My new team (think I'll settle with this one).

-------------Foster-----------
Trippier-----Luiz-----Simpson
KDB----Alli----Salah---Ritchie
Lukaku---Lacazette---Rodriguez

Subs: Elliot--Mee--Rosenoir--Loftus Cheek

Think there's balance there with a few gambles and a few safe options with at least one player from the big 6... any thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
:lol: Good to see everyone has pretty much the same teams here with only a couple of differences.

The main call is clearly whether to pick Kane or not from the start. If you don't you can make such a better looking team imo. That said, I had a dream that he scored a brace in the first game last night, with Alli scoring another. Hernandez scored too worryingly :nervous:

I've been titting about on this far too much.

Ninja7Red

:lol: Good to see everyone has pretty much the same teams here with only a couple of differences.

The main call is clearly whether to pick Kane or not from the start. If you don't you can make such a better looking team imo. That said, I had a dream that he scored a brace in the first game last night, with Alli scoring another. Hernandez scored too worryingly :nervous:

Haha.. that is the main concern everyone has. But if he starts plundering goals and you don't have him, then there's a huge problem for you.

In any case, I have gone for Atsu, KDB, Zaha, Willian and Mane now.

Looks like Atsu and Zaha are my picks for the budget midfielders; and Haidara along with Rosenoir are my 4M picks!

Now it seems balanced. :angel:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Will make my team today.

Haven't even had a proper gander at the starting fixtures (apart from United's).

But here is the annual question, do you pick a weak and cheap bench to get the most out of the starting eleven or balance it all out?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Will make my team today.

Haven't even had a proper gander at the starting fixtures (apart from United's).

But here is the annual question, do you pick a weak and cheap bench to get the most out of the starting eleven or balance it all out?
Depends on how early you're planning to wildcard imo.

Standard tactic is to pick a team for the first few weeks and then wildcard when it becomes clearer what the starting 11's are, who the best budget picks look like and which premium players are firing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Haha.. that is the main concern everyone has. But if he starts plundering goals and you don't have him, then there's a huge problem for you.

In any case, I have gone for Atsu, KDB, Zaha, Willian and Mane now.

Looks like Atsu and Zaha are my picks for the budget midfielders; and Haidara along with Rosenoir are my 4M picks!

Now it seems balanced. :angel:
Is haidara a certain starter?

careca07

Any thoughts on including Iheanacho now he's gone to Leicester? Currently got Benteke up front but it would save a million

Also Alexander-Arnold is only 4.5 mill, having watched them in pre-season I think he'll play a fair bit

Currently got

Trippier-----Daniels-----Alexander-Arnold
KDB----Zaha----Willian---Mane
Benteke---Kane---Firmino

with Elliot, Matic, Simpson and Naughton on bench

SteveTheRed

I made the mistake of not having Kane last season at important moments, he'd score 4 goals and I would bring him in...and nothing for 3 games then I take him out...4 goals.

I've decided to ride it out, Kane is a set and forget ;)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Any thoughts on including Iheanacho now he's gone to Leicester? Currently got Benteke up front but it would save a million

Also Alexander-Arnold is only 4.5 mill, having watched them in pre-season I think he'll play a fair bit

Currently got

Trippier-----Daniels-----Alexander-Arnold
KDB----Zaha----Willian---Mane
Benteke---Kane---Firmino

with Elliot, Matic, Simpson and Naughton on bench
Why do you have Matic? He's unlikely to contribute much and it's money on the bench instead of in your first XI. Firmino is also unlikely to score a lot of goals based on last season and you need your strikers to be scoring regularly. Of course he could have a much more productive season in terms of goals it's all just prediction and speculation at this point.

careca07

Why do you have Matic? He's unlikely to contribute much and it's money on the bench instead of in your first XI. Firmino is also unlikely to score a lot of goals based on last season and you need your strikers to be scoring regularly. Of course he could have a much more productive season in terms of goals it's all just prediction and speculation at this point.
Yeah I hear you on Matic but he did get something like 7 assists last year and a couple of goals. Not going to get any kind of midfielder for cheaper than 5 mill. Firmino is in because I'm banking on the scousers to score a lot of goals early on in the season and he should play every game.

AkaAkuma

ahh fair enough... cheers.

Screwed. Need some options for 4.0 DFs but dont know the three promoted teams well enough.
Who scored give a break down of mins played, there weren't really any 4.0 hiding away. rangel looks the best bet.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm completely new to this. How's this team for a start?

----------------------Courtois-------------------------
------Alderweireld------Luiz-------Trippier-----------
Zaha---Kante---Fernandinho---Pogba---De Bruyne
-----------------Lukaku-----Benteke-----------------

Bench: Joel Pereira, Giroud, Ward, Mertesacker

Edit: Also, @FC Ronaldo Good Enough

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
gone with

Ederson
Azpi Walker Trippier
Loftus Cheek Pogba De Bruyne Salah
Arnautovic Lukaku Firminho

VivaJanuzaj

A few tips for the new players:
1. Players like Kante, Fernandinho who play for big clubs but don't play high up the pitch are useless. You'd be better off getting a cheap midfielder who contributes to mid-table teams and lower.
2. Giroud on the bench is a waste of money, you should look to invest only in players who are guaranteed starters or worthy gambles. you could downgrade Giroud(who will play 15 minutes or the off full game) to a mid table striker and invest that money elsewhere.
3. Formation and stuff doesn't need to make sense football-wise. You could have 5 full backs or 5 left wingers and it won't matter.

SteveTheRed

Yea it's not bad a team, as VivaJanuzaj said Giroud is wasted on the bench and Kante, for how good he is in real life is rubbish in fantasy league. He usually plays very well and gets bonus points but rarely assists or scores.

Basically your ideal team would be

------------------------------------GK who takes Pens-----------------
------WB with a monster shot---WINGER pushed into Defence-------WB who takes pens----
Winger--------------Winger--------------No.10-------------No.10------------------Winger
--------------------------FOTM Striker-----------------------H.Kane-----------------

Bench: Cheapest players with the most minutes played.