Fantasy Football 2017/18

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Hence the question - does he represent good value for you?

Also Tottenham attackers seem a bit off in the early games, so maybe Micki for not so cheap £8M?
I had Austin in for quite a while but took him out after reading what their fans were saying in the last few games. i know it's only pre-season but I want some guarantees from my starting 11, the first being that they actually start. Probably just worth keeping an eye on their last couple of fixtures to see what side they start with.

There's plenty of other players around that price point (Gayle, Chicharito, Vokes, Gray, Deeney, Rodriguez) that you could switch to I guess if needed.

Spurs were awful against City and people are questioning how they'll play at Wembley as well as saying Kane gets off to a slow start etc... but this sounds like people trying to convince themselves of good reasons not to have them imo. I think it's safe to say that they will definitely be up and around there and the likes of Erikksen, Alli and Kane are about as safe for returns as you can get in this game.

I wouldn't touch Mikhi personally at £8m until he's in form and firing. No guarantee he starts and his form has been wildly inconsistent. Pogba would be a better bet if you want a United midfielder. He's the same price, nailed to start and will surely play further up the pitch with Matic on his way in.

Ninja7Red

I had Austin in for quite a while but took him out after reading what their fans were saying in the last few games. i know it's only pre-season but I want some guarantees from my starting 11, the first being that they actually start. Probably just worth keeping an eye on their last couple of fixtures to see what side they start with.

There's plenty of other players around that price point (Gayle, Chicharito, Vokes, Gray, Deeney, Rodriguez) that you could switch to I guess if needed.

Spurs were awful against City and people are questioning how they'll play at Wembley as well as saying Kane gets off to a slow start etc... but this sounds like people trying to convince themselves of good reasons not to have them imo. I think it's safe to say that they will definitely be up and around there and the likes of Erikksen, Alli and Kane are about as safe for returns as you can get in this game.

I wouldn't touch Mikhi personally at £8m until he's in form and firing. No guarantee he starts and his form has been wildly inconsistent. Pogba would be a better bet if you want a United midfielder. He's the same price, nailed to start and will surely play further up the pitch with Matic on his way in.
Thanks for the heads up - I think I might go for one of Gayle or Rodriguez.

Fair point about Mikhi though; I guess you can accuse me of being a hopeful! :lol:

SteveTheRed

Would having Gabbiadini make sense to you? or Austin? I am looking for a certain starter as my third striker tbh :D
I'm going for Austin (I will inevitably change 14 of the 15 I have selected by next Friday!). Great fixtures for Southampton, I'm just not sold on Gabbiadini.

BaillyBaillyBailly

I have both.
I would argue this is the logical way of looking at it.
I hope this doesn't sound bias but I think Pogba - Lukaku is about as sure fire a points getting duo in the league.

The only other possibilities are Ali-Kane, Ozil-Lacazette, KDB-Jesus??

those all feel a bit risky

coolredwine

lameredboots
Why do people say that Pogba is sure to be amongst the points? He is not as attacking as other players. It's just that he is a nailed on starter.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Anyway, what do people think about this?

Forster
Cedric, Blind, Trippier
Coutinho, de Bruyne, Eriksen, Zaha
Benteke, Rodriguez, Lukaku

Speroni, Daniels, Carroll, Rangel

devil in me

Why do people say that Pogba is sure to be amongst the points? He is not as attacking as other players. It's just that he is a nailed on starter.
I think its down to the arrival of Matic giving him a bit more attacking freedom. Plus people are expecting big things from him this season anyway. He's a bargain at 8m IMO.

the hea

With the arrival of Matic most people are expecting Pogba in a more offensive role this season. Also he was pretty unlucky last season when all his shots and headers hit the woodwork, with a little bit more luck he could have scored 4-5 goals more than he did.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyway, what do people think about this?

Forster
Cedric, Blind, Trippier
Coutinho, de Bruyne, Eriksen, Zaha
Benteke, Rodriguez, Lukaku

Speroni, Daniels, Carroll, Rangel
I like it. I'd keep an eye on Cedric though right up until the last friendlies as he might not be match fit to start the season. Can't argue with the midfield (assuming Coutinho doesn't go to Barca). Is Blind nailed on to start the season? How long for?

I suppose the only real weakness might be up front but you can't have everything. Lukaku is obviously template; Benteke is hit and miss and you'd be doubling up with Zaha in a team with a new manager trying a new formation; Rodriguez I like but not sure I could ever pick an attacker from a Tony Pulis side :lol:

coolredwine

lameredboots
I think its down to the arrival of Matic giving him a bit more attacking freedom. Plus people are expecting big things from him this season anyway. He's a bargain at 8m IMO.
With the arrival of Matic most people are expecting Pogba in a more offensive role this season. Also he was pretty unlucky last season when all his shots and headers hit the woodwork, with a little bit more luck he could have scored 4-5 goals more than he did.
I have my reservations as it won't be that easy, but let's see.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I like it. I'd keep an eye on Cedric though right up until the last friendlies as he might not be match fit to start the season. Can't argue with the midfield (assuming Coutinho doesn't go to Barca). Is Blind nailed on to start the season? How long for?

I suppose the only real weakness might be up front but you can't have everything. Lukaku is obviously template; Benteke is hit and miss and you'd be doubling up with Zaha in a team with a new manager trying a new formation; Rodriguez I like but not sure I could ever pick an attacker from a Tony Pulis side :lol:
Yes, of course it will be changed again before the start of the season. :lol: Ihave left 1M which allows me to manipulate a little bit given Coutinho's current situation as well.

Dazzmondo

Who knows? But £12m is a lot to spend on a potentially unhappy player. I read something about Arsenal the other day that said they'd have 8 players out of contract by the end of next season including Ozil and Sanchez. That seems crazy in this day and age. Is Wenger trying to sabotage the club in his final season? :lol: I wonder how many of those players will sign pre-contracts with other clubs in January and then go on autopilot for the rest of the season?

They both played together in the last game apparently with Austin oddly playing behind Gabbiadini. Apparently they looked terrible until Austin came off.

Southampton do have good early fixtures but it's Southampton. You could say that every one who has to play them might look at it as a good fixture. They're not exactly free scoring. Defenders might be worth a shout though.
It sounds like that was a failed attempted to get both in the team. Most likely there will be a cam (still undecided who it will be) behind one of Gabbiadini or Austin (most S'ton fans seem to want Gab). It's a risk to go with any S'ton striker imo.

Flames73

Forster

Bertrand
Walker
Daniels

KDB
Pogba (was thinking of switching in Mane)
Alli (still very unsure how they would start the season)
Willian (either him or Zaha)

Gayle
Chicharito
Lukaku

Federici
Ritchie
Dunk
Rangel

BaillyBaillyBailly

Its kind of interesting how everyone outside of utd fans is shitting on Lukaku. Yet, he is the highest picked player on FF by a long way at 48%

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Its kind of interesting how everyone outside of utd fans is shitting on Lukaku. Yet, he is the highest picked player on FF by a long way at 48%
They're shitting on him because their team didn't buy him. If Liverpool or Chelsea had bought him i'd be gutted because he is a proven PL scorer so others are shitting on him just to shit.

haram

Forster

Bertrand
Valencia
Trippier

Salah
Pogba
Mane
Zaha

Lukaku
Defoe
Hernandez

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hearing good things about Ritchie from Newcastle. 6 million and takes free kicks, corners and penalties? Surely a must have?

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Hearing good things about Ritchie from Newcastle. 6 million and takes free kicks, corners and penalties? Surely a must have?
He's a weapon at the long shots too pretty good player from what I remember of him.

vodrake

I had him in my team when Bournemouth came up after he'd been ripping it up in the Championship with them and remember being pretty disappointed. Didn't really make the step up last time to the Premier League.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He's a weapon at the long shots too pretty good player from what I remember of him.
I had him in my team when Bournemouth came up after he'd been ripping it up in the Championship with them and remember being pretty disappointed. Didn't really make the step up last time to the Premier League.
Mixed messages :(

vodrake

Mixed messages :(
I haven't seen anything of him since he went to Newcastle to be honest. However, for Bournemouth he went from 15 goals and 17 assists in the Championship 14/15 to 4 goals and 6 assists in the Premier League 15/16.

He has all the assets to be a fantastic FL player, and he'll probably bring a decent return for the price whatever happens, however I'm a bit wary about him being able to make the step up to "must have" levels.

Jerch

My team is:
De Gea
Cedric - Trippier - David Luiz
Alli - Pogba - Willian - Ritchie
Lukaku - Chicharito - Kane

Bench: Federici, Oriol Romeu, Rangel, Hanley

Hanley was autofill because i didn't had any clue who to pick. Any suggestion how to improve it and what to change?

Edit: edited the team a bit. I go all in on the Pogba-Lukaku and Alli-Kane combo. I really don't know what City players I should get because I don't know how they will play and the same with Arsenal so I went without them. I wanted to get Mane in but money is quickly a trouble if you want Lukaku and Kane in attack.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I would argue this is the logical way of looking at it.
I hope this doesn't sound bias but I think Pogba - Lukaku is about as sure fire a points getting duo in the league.

The only other possibilities are Ali-Kane,
All 4 :cool:

SteveTheRed

What's peoples thoughts on Fabregas?
I have a feeling he will be in a lot of teams by the end of the year.

It all depends on how the rotation works out, in my view Chelsea should be starting him but you never know. Conte hasn't used him that much but when he has, he's delivered.

Tempted to bring Willian in for the start, while Hazard is out. £7m

SteveTheRed

Managed to fit in Kane, Lukaku, KDB, Willian, Bellerin, Cahill. Quite happy with that as my main threat.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So my team is now:

------------Foster--------------
Yedlin-----Cedric------Trippier
Ritchie---KDB---Alli---Coutinho
Chicharito--lacazette--Lukaku

Subs: Elliot--Rosenoir--Mee--Stephens

Any thoughts?

Jerch

What if a player who is in your team get transfered to another league? You get money back probably?