Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ive held onto my wildcard longer than I planned but Im falling behind in my minileague now so cant wait anymore!

Ryan - Lossl
Alonso - Mendy - Robertson - WanBissaka - Kiko
Salah - Hazard - Martial - Fraser - Stephens
Aguero - Murray - Success

Any comments?
I could go for Wilson over Murray but Bournmouth have a horrible run of games coming up
Had considered downgrading Aguero to Lacazette to spend a bit more elsewhere

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Current wildcard squad:

Fabianski - Speroni
Arnold - Gomez - Diop - Alonso - Mendy
Hazard - Mane - Sterling - Martial - Barkley
Aguero - Success - Kamara

+0.8 in the bank .. would maybe like to get Arnie in somehow

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that there are too many rotation/benching risks in that side for me. I'd be shitting it at 1:59 waiting for the team sheets every Saturday.

ROFLUTION

My thoughts are that there are too many rotation/benching risks in that side for me. I'd be shitting it at 1:59 waiting for the team sheets every Saturday.
Good point. I'd like Sterling as I think he'll just have more end product than KDB. I need some big-hitters somehow, so it's a bit tricky finding the balance.

Considering moving away from Alonso too, as I just think his threat has diminished a bit over the last 4-5 GW's

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Keep Patricio in for save points (which is what he's mostly there for) against Spurs and Arse or switch to Ryan who has a reasonable run of fixtures until mid-Dec and just had 3 high scoring weeks?

Or I could do:
Richarlison to Fraser
Mitrovic to Murray
Patricio to Ederson

Which would give me this team:

Ederson
Mendy Alonso Robertson
Hazard Salah Pereyra Fraser
Aguero Wilson Murray

Hamer WanB Bennett Guendouzi

And that looks like a world beater to me.

Last edited:

TheRedGoat

Any thoughts on triple captaining Aguero this weekend? I think Southampton are there for the taking but you never know with Pep and his team selection. Also I have brought in Ozil but not sure that was such a great move. Looking for some reassurance here, please.

Patchbeard

So, I brought KDB in two GW's ago for Mane upon his return from injury.

That went well :wenger:

Chillosophy

Any thoughts on triple captaining Aguero this weekend? I think Southampton are there for the taking but you never know with Pep and his team selection. Also I have brought in Ozil but not sure that was such a great move. Looking for some reassurance here, please.
Personally gonna await the press conference and if Hazard is fit to play i will captain him, otherwise Kun or possibly even Mendy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Don't trust Pep.

Arsenal fixtures toughen up from now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So, I brought KDB in two GW's ago for Mane upon his return from injury.

That went well :wenger:
Well...

People ditching Liverpool players before they play Huddersfield and Cardiff looks like a recipe for tears.
Hopefully people make the same mistake with Hazard.

I don't think I'm gonna make a transfer this week. The only thing that interests me is Knockaert out for a punt on a Cardiff midfielder but now I'm thinking hold and reassess. I'm only 3 transfers away from this squad (bolded players replacing Bennett, Knockaert & Mitro)

Patricio / Foster
Alonso / Robertson / Mendy / Doherty / AWB
Hazard / Salah / Richarlison / Fraser / Stephens
Wilson / Aguero / Arnautovic

Allows a bit more flexibility with formation which will be useful with the Bournemouth fixtures Vs Liverpool & City especially.

Ady87

Well...

Hopefully people make the same mistake with Hazard.

I don't think I'm gonna make a transfer this week. The only thing that interests me is Knockaert out for a punt on a Cardiff midfielder but now I'm thinking hold and reassess. I'm only 3 transfers away from this squad (bolded players replacing Bennett, Knockaert & Mitro)

Patricio / Foster
Alonso / Robertson / Mendy / Doherty / AWB
Hazard / Salah / Richarlison / Fraser / Stephens
Wilson / Aguero / Arnautovic

Allows a bit more flexibility with formation which will be useful with the Bournemouth fixtures Vs Liverpool & City especially.
Will be a good team that.

I'm currently sat on this with a freebie and £2m. 11k Overall Rank.

Ederson
Alonso Mendy Robertson
Haz Mane Martial Maddison
Aguero Wilson Murray

Subs: AWB Bennett Guendouzi

I could do Guendouzi > Barkley, AWB > Duffy, give up Edersons steady 6 for someone like Fab and invest the extra £1m+ with my £2m banked to get someone like Sterling. Few options.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Whats everyones thoughts on Richarlison and Maddison? Starting to lose a bit of patience with them. Worth transferring in Barkley for either?
I feel like Barkley is the latest knee jerk transfer and he will often get benched for Kovacic. Obviously though the spot is his to lose at the moment and with Kovacic starting in midweek he will likely start this weekend.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I feel like Barkley is the latest knee jerk transfer and he will often get benched for Kovacic. Obviously though the spot is his to lose at the moment and with Kovacic starting in midweek he will likely start this weekend.
I'm wondering even if he is rotated if he still represents good value at that price. Chelsea are attacking and score plenty of goals. He would enable me to upgrade Maguire to Mendy this week

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm wondering even if he is rotated if he still represents good value at that price. Chelsea are attacking and score plenty of goals. He would enable me to upgrade Maguire to Mendy this week
Up to you ultimately. Sounds like a high risk, high reward strategy with both Mendy & Barkley more likely to be rotated than Rich/Maddison & Maguire.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've been doing crap so I decided to clean my team out of all Liverpool and City players because I frankly hate them all. This is not a good weekend to get rid of Aguero but next weekend I will get rid of Alexander-Arnold, Aguero and Masuaku and replace them with Wilson, Pogba and one of Azpilicueta, Bellerin or Monreal.

For now:

Patricio/Speroni
Shaw/Trippier/Alonso/TAA/AWB
Maddison/Hazard/Richarlison/Martial/Masuaku
Mitrovic/Aguero/Aubameyang

Bolded are playing this weekend.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Whats everyones thoughts on Richarlison and Maddison? Starting to lose a bit of patience with them. Worth transferring in Barkley for either?
I'm keeping both for now. They've been involved in their teams and it's a matter of time before they start scoring points IMO. Nobody better at this price.

SteveTheRed

Aguero against Southampton is very temping for Captain, they have looked shocking. Even Aguero for 60 minutes could do a lot of damage. Hazard is the other choice, but Palace are quite a tough side don't let that many goals in...

SteveTheRed

I'm giving Maddison a bit of leeway. He has blanked in the last 3 but if you watch the games he is nearly always the guy putting it on a plate for someone to mess it up. The assists are coming and I think Leicester are going to score big this weekend.

Richarlison is now playing as a striker but doesn't seem to completely have it under control. Still like him at his price and playing for Everton, not bad fixtures either and strikes me as the type of player who can do it in big games.

Nickosaur

Aguero against Southampton is very temping for Captain, they have looked shocking. Even Aguero for 60 minutes could do a lot of damage. Hazard is the other choice, but Palace are quite a tough side don't let that many goals in...
This is exactly my dilemma. Aguero or Hazard. Last time I chose Aguero over Hazard, and he went on to get that hattrick against Cardiff. Mind you Aguero got 2 assists so wasn't all bad that week.

The Purley King

I did Maddison to Barkley this week. Frees up some money too and would expect Barkley to do well against Palace at home. Seems like he's going to get a good run in the team now after doing so well recently.

James Hocking

I need some help my team over the last few weeks has become a mess and I need to fix it before I am too far behind in my league. I will take a maximum 8 point hit to fix. Any opinions appreciated

Patricio
Alonso Robertson Trippier Doherty
Hazard KDB Richarlison
Lacazette Firminho Arnautovic

Subs - Henessey Kante Moutiniho AWB

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've just realised that Liverpool play Fulham at home after the Arsenal game. Gonna be very hard to pass up a punt with the triple captain that week.

Skåre Willoch

I need some help my team over the last few weeks has become a mess and I need to fix it before I am too far behind in my league. I will take a maximum 8 point hit to fix. Any opinions appreciated

Patricio
Alonso Robertson Trippier Doherty
Hazard KDB Richarlison
Lacazette Firminho Arnautovic

Subs - Henessey Kante Moutiniho AWB
How many FTs do you have?

KDB -> Bilva or Silva
Firmino -> Aguero

Kanté and/or Moutinho to anyone you can afford, really

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’ve brought in Martial this week.

I also swapped Maddison for Barkley.

Both pretty risky but I need to gamble on their form in order to get ahead of my brother, our teams were too similar.

I’m at a loss of who to captain though...Hazard, Mane or Aguero?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Both pretty risky but I need to gamble on their form in order to get ahead of my brother, our teams we’re too similar.

Apparently Sarri has said that Hazard won't be fit enough for 90 minutes so add that in to your thinking.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Both pretty risky but I need to gamble on their form in order to get ahead of my brother, our teams were too similar.

I'm going for Aguero, Southampton are trash. Arsenal do have a good home record as well.

James Peril

Aguero all the way, too soon to do a hail Mary on someone like Richarlison or Martial. Aguero can potentially score four against Soton on a good day, and we know he’ll start since Jesus played yesterday.

I’m predictint 1 goal and 1 assist, that’s good enough for me.

As for other players, Leicester could be interesting. The accident can/will have an impact, it’s difficult to tell which direction it takes them. I’ve put in Chilwell, he’s looking good and has a goal/assist in him. Arnautovic is also in the team (extremely annoying he was out last week), West Ham have a good run of fixtures except for City and he’s a potential differential for goals.

ROFLUTION

Barkley or Deulofeu? / Arguments?

One is playing out of position against weak sides - other one is in a team that loves possession, but Kovacic is also a threat.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Current wildcard squad:

Fabianski
Mendy - Alonso - Diop - Bennett - Jonny
Hazard - Martial - Mane - Sterling - Deulofeu
Aguero - Arnautovic - Success

3-5-2 with Mendy-Alonso-Diop. Then after 2 weeks, Ill start using my Wolves defenders and possibly swap Deulofeu/Success

Thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I got rid of Salah for Mane as they get similar points but Mane is much cheaper, allowing me to swap Mitrovic for Lacazette/Aubamayang but I'm having doubts now...