My team will look like this in 2 gameweeks

Fabianski
Robertson TAA Laporte
Sane Sterling Fraser Richarlison
Aubameyang Kane Wilson

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
I've transferred Walker out for Bellerin as otherwise I would have had five players involved in one fixture.

Surely Arsenal will keep a clean sheet at home to Huddersfield?

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I took him out for Sane. Was going to do it anyway, but him probably not playing made it easier. Sane might not either but surely has more chance.
Pep is an absolute menace in FF.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Holding off transfers this week, and then it's always nice to have the 2 for next week. That then gives you the chance if needed to do major surgery with 3 transfers for a -4
Doing that last week got me an 83!

Anyone taking out Martial at home to Fulham is brave. As long as you have a decent bench option you surely keep him just in case this week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just bought Alli. Every year I bring him in, he does nothing, then I sell him. Expect that to continue this year.

Looks solid enough. Id put Robertson in the starting, in case he plays, if not, AWB can come on.

Think about shifting Pereyra soon.
Thanks Schweini- I had Robertson in for the last game and he didn't play so I'm in two minds whether to put him back in.

I was thinking about taking Pereyra out this week and replacing him with B.Silva?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Will Lacazette start?

I can move Alonso and Murray to facilitate Lacazette or Hazard needs to go to make Aubameyang work. Would prefer to ship Alonso and keep Hazard for their run ahead (& make it an easier step change to Sterling).

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
So apparently you get a second wildcard on 29 Dec 14:00 (somehow I've been playing FPL all these years and never realised this).

If I don't use my wildcard before this date, do I lose it? Or do I have 2 wildcards from 29th Dec onwards?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I need help please - who should go? Who should I bring in?
22m on the bench, you're benching way too much money every week. An ideal bench should not contain more than 18m. Your 8th attacker should be a nailed 4.5m player so I'd switch Barkley to someone like Højbjerg. Then you should do Pererya > Sane if you can afford that.

Loads of people have four heavy hitters in attack. You only have two because your bench is sucking up so much money. Long term even if Sterling and Auba do well you'll still be playing catchup because others also have those two and they'll probably have two of Kane/Hazard/Sane in addition too.

Samid

So apparently you get a second wildcard on 29 Dec 14:00 (somehow I've been playing FPL all these years and never realised this).

If I don't use my wildcard before this date, do I lose it? Or do I have 2 wildcards from 29th Dec onwards?
You lose it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
You lose it.
Ok thanks. I was playing with the idea of wildcarding when I stumbled across that, so now it's an easy decision if I'm losing it on the 29th anyway.

22m on the bench, you're benching way too much money every week. An ideal bench should not contain more than 18m. Your 8th attacker should be a nailed 4.5m player so I'd switch Barkley to someone like Højbjerg. Then you should do Pererya > Sane if you can afford that.

Loads of people have four heavy hitters in attack. You only have two because your bench is sucking up so much money. Long term even if Sterling and Auba do well you'll still be playing catchup because others also have those two and they'll probably have two of Kane/Hazard/Sane in addition too.
Oh ok - Roberson is my starter but he was injured.
So I should take out Barkley and Maguire and go for cheaper options?

Last edited:

redmanc

Given the cluster feck of fixtures in december and the amount of rotation that goes in by PL managers the second WC wouldnt be bad served up in early Dec

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
So long I should take out Barkley and Maguire and go for cheaper options?
As Samid says, I like to have a defender and/or midfielder as the cheapest options possible. It allows me to spend more money on my first XI. You already have Wan-Bissaka as your cheap defender, so I'd be tempted to sell Barkley. Hudson-Odoi has dropped to 4.2 (cheapest mid in the game) so I'm going to bring him in on my wildcard and leave him at 3rd sub permanently.

redmanc

You need subs that are playing week in week out especially in defense and midfield, teams like wolves, watford and bournmeouth are the places you want to pick them up in, this way when they have home fixtures versus equal or lesser teams they are often worth rotating in!

Samid

So I should take out Barkley and Maguire and go for cheaper options?
Yup. Of the cheap mid options I like Camarasa from Cardiff. Has an attacking role, takes some set pieces and apparently will be on penalties too now.

Maguire is an interesting one. Obviously you could go cheap if you need the money for attack but I'd be tempted to ship him for Arnold and next week do Robertson > Laporte. City could easily get 7 clean sheets between GW17-24.

Yup. Of the cheap mid options I like Camarasa from Cardiff. Has an attacking role, takes some set pieces and apparently will be on penalties too now.

Maguire is an interesting one. Obviously you could go cheap if you need the money for attack but I'd be tempted to ship him for Arnold and next week do Robertson > Laporte. City could easily get 7 clean sheets between GW17-24.
Yeah I'm going to get rid of Maguire, Doherty is a better investment.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Given the cluster feck of fixtures in december and the amount of rotation that goes in by PL managers the second WC wouldnt be bad served up in early Dec
Yeah would be perfect for me right now. By the time I get it my team should be sorted bar the odd change for injury/sideways moves for form. At least I'll be able to keep it for the messy double gameweeks period

IrishRedDevil

Nah, it’s about planning properly and not impulse using it after say the first 2/3 weeks. If you use it early then it is a long stint to end of December but that’s the price you pay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nah, it’s about planning properly and not impulse using it after say the first 2/3 weeks. If you use it early then it is a long stint to end of December but that’s the price you pay.
No one can plan for a new season without luck though. Always different budget and mid priced achievers. That's why most use it after the first international break, once there's a better idea.

IrishRedDevil

No one can plan for a new season without luck though. Always different budget and mid priced achievers. That's why most use it after the first international break, once there's a better idea.
Appreciate that, and it does involve luck having some of the form players in the original team selection, but I find an even spread of the funds throughout the team at the start of season really helps, as does trying to keep £1-2m spare in the bank for possible early changes.

Too many people want to start off with their new team consisting of several big expensive hitters (Salah and Kane), taking up a lot of the budget, meaning if those 2 players don’t hit the ground running, they don’t have an even spread of funds to rectify and the only solution is the early Wildcard.

I used mine this week in the hope that it will give me an advantage over other players during the next busy 5 weeks. Only time will tell if it pays off.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Appreciate that, and it does involve luck having some of the form players in the original team selection, but I find an even spread of the funds throughout the team at the start of season really helps, as does trying to keep £1-2m spare in the bank for possible early changes.

Too many people want to start off with their new team consisting of several big expensive hitters (Salah and Kane), taking up a lot of the budget, meaning if those 2 players don’t hit the ground running, they don’t have an even spread of funds to rectify and the only solution is the early Wildcard.

I used mine this week in the hope that it will give me an advantage over other players during the next busy 5 weeks. Only time will tell if it pays off.
It's get definitely a good time to use it if you can hold on to it. And should mean you can save your next one too.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Need to take Aguero out for someone.. why cant you get the risen value for them when you transfer them out, Aguero in the market is 11.3 but in my team he is only 11.1, and I want Aubamayang for 11.3, so annoying. Think I might chance it and put in Lukaku.. does he look like starting or what? It's only Fulham at home.