Fantasy Premier League 18/19

MUFC OK

Budget constraint seems severe this year. Salah is a bank breaker but you cant go without him imo. Hard to get more than three 9+ mids unless you have a 4.5 striker.

I'm building around

Ederson/
TAA/PVA/
Salah/Eriksen/
Aubamayang/Zaha/

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I quite like the look of some of the budget mids so may go Salah and big up top, with budget midfielders (Jota, Deolufeu)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm not sold on Salah. Teams will be more vigilant with tactics, specifically trying to stop him so other cheaper options (Mane/Firminho) might be better options. Add to that the injury he sustained and then subsequently forced into the WC team couldn't have been a good idea.

maybe start without him and play the wildcard early if it looks like he'll be the Salah of last season.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'm not sold on Salah. Teams will be more vigilant with tactics, specifically trying to stop him so other cheaper options (Mane/Firminho) might be better options. Add to that the injury he sustained and then subsequently forced into the WC team couldn't have been a good idea.

maybe start without him and play the wildcard early if it looks like he'll be the Salah of last season.
You see that’s how I’m feeling about Kane, thought he was a poor FPL asset last year as he was so inconsistent as a captaincy option (blanking against poor teams at home).

At the World Cup I thought he didn’t look great, seems a bit tired and he never starts the season well. For 0.5 more Salah looks the better shout to me, but I keep changing my mind.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
You see that’s how I’m feeling about Kane, thought he was a poor FPL asset last year as he was so inconsistent as a captaincy option (blanking against poor teams at home).

At the World Cup I thought he didn’t look great, seems a bit tired and he never starts the season well. For 0.5 more Salah looks the better shout to me, but I keep changing my mind.
Leaving them both out let's you have a really balanced team. I've got Mane, Eriksson to cover spurs and pool.

Dolf

I've never played this before but it looks fun so i'm joining. Any tips for me as a complete rookie? If I understand correctly goals/assists/minutes played are most important? Also after week 1 you can only change 1 player in your team?

tonnas

Remember that players like Kane, Lukaku, Pogba etc will miss the first 2/3 games for sure!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What’s your team?
DDG
Alonso, Cedric, Daniels
Sanchez, Eriksen, KDB, Cairney
Firminho, Aubamayang, Zohore

Subs: Foster, Yedlin, Zanka, Stephens

Obviously this will change a million times before kick off

I've never played this before but it looks fun so i'm joining. Any tips for me as a complete rookie? If I understand correctly goals/assists/minutes played are most important? Also after week 1 you can only change 1 player in your team?
Goals, assists, minutes, clean sheets and bonuses net you points. Goals from a MF are worth more than a goal from a striker. Goals from a defender is worth even more.

Once the game starts, you can make one FREE sub per week. Every extra sub (in that week) costs 4 points. But you have 2 wildcards (one that lasts until January and one that comes in at January) where you can change the entire team with no point hit.

SSSSnake

---------------Pickford------------------
Smalling------Vertonghen---Maguire

Seri----Sane--Mkhitaryan---Sanchez

Zaha---------Aguero--------Firmino

I'll likely wait to see how Salah plays before using the wildcard and getting him in. Staying away from all World Cup players until they are back.

ROFLUTION

---------------Pickford------------------
Smalling------Vertonghen---Maguire

Seri----Sane--Mkhitaryan---Sanchez

Zaha---------Aguero--------Firmino

I'll likely wait to see how Salah plays before using the wildcard and getting him in. Staying away from all World Cup players until they are back.
Pickford + Vertonghen are World Cup players :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Does anyone know if Pickford will start the first game? Good Everton schedule

ROFLUTION

I quite like the look of some of the budget mids so may go Salah and big up top, with budget midfielders (Jota, Deolufeu)
I struggle to find any bar Gundogan who might play the first two! Which ones do you Think have potential in the range of 5-7?

SSSSnake

Pickford + Vertonghen are World Cup players :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Does anyone know if Pickford will start the first game? Good Everton schedule
Hush your jibba jabba! I took a gamble on Pickford/Vertonghen. But yeah could swap them out when the team news comes in.

ROFLUTION

Somehow I find myself having a lot of money available this year. Current team:

Pickford - Speroni
Baines - Smalling - Daniels - Shaw (first 2 games) - Arnold
Mane - Mahrez - Gundogan - Sanchez - Mkhitaryan
Firmino - Tosun - Zaha​

I don't believe in Kane before I see him score goals. Salah is tricky and if Aguero starts the season, I'll find a way to get him I think. I think Shaw will get the first two games.

MUFC OK

Goals and assists are paramount, so defensive mids are off the cards. Don't take too many gambles, go for consistent performers.

Dolf

Goals, assists, minutes, clean sheets and bonuses net you points. Goals from a MF are worth more than a goal from a striker. Goals from a defender is worth even more.

Once the game starts, you can make one FREE sub per week. Every extra sub (in that week) costs 4 points. But you have 2 wildcards (one that lasts until January and one that comes in at January) where you can change the entire team with no point hit.
Goals and assists are paramount, so defensive mids are off the cards. Don't take too many gambles, go for consistent performers.
Thank you both!
So it's best to only put in fullback instead of CB because fullbacks usually get more assists/goals? Also do I have to worry about my subs because I just bought the best first XI I could get and choose to cheapest subs.

MUFC OK

Thank you both!
So it's best to only put in fullback instead of CB because fullbacks usually get more assists/goals? Also do I have to worry about my subs because I just bought the best first XI I could get and choose to cheapest subs.
Depends really, I prefer fullbacks but there's goals from set pieces too.

I like to pick two Defenders from the top clubs who can contribute goals and assists and the rest are usually cheapies from Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace etc.

Dolf

Depends really, I prefer fullbacks but there's goals from set pieces too.

I like to pick two Defenders from the top clubs who can contribute goals and assists and the rest are usually cheapies from Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace etc.
Hmm okay. I've got this now.

--------------------- De Gea ---------------------
-------------- TAA -- Stones -- Azpi --------------
Jorginho - Eriksen -- KDB - Townsend - Sanchez
---------------Lukaku -- Arnautovic --------------

MUFC OK

Hmm okay. I've got this now.

--------------------- De Gea ---------------------
-------------- TAA -- Stones -- Azpi --------------
Jorginho - Eriksen -- KDB - Townsend - Sanchez
---------------Lukaku -- Arnautovic --------------
Looks decent to me, though I'd rather start with Salah and downgrade him if he isn't performing. Good team otherwise!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Has anyone else been added to the Manchester City Fans league? I double checked my details and have definitely selected favourite team as United...

My first draft is Salah-less which I am not sure is a good idea. Had my worst FPL season ever last season and not getting Salah in early enough was a key factor in that! 13m just seems excessive, and surely teams will wise up against him

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My first draft is Salah-less which I am not sure is a good idea.
That's gonna be the key decision at the start of the season for me. You can improve your team so much without him but his ownership is pushing 50% so if he starts out on fire you're going to be in trouble, not to mention his price will go up even more. You'd think that teams would be better at dealing with him this year, which might free up space for the likes of Mane.

Been weighing up the pro's and con's of Salah/Mhki or Mane/Sanchez this morning. Same price. Not sure I can trust United's attack and Sanchez in particular though unless I see some drastic improvements in pre-season. Conversely I'm not sure I want to double up on any Arsenal players until they've played City and Chelsea in their first 2 fixtures. They have a nice run after that.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
That's gonna be the key decision at the start of the season for me. You can improve your team so much without him but his ownership is pushing 50% so if he starts out on fire you're going to be in trouble, not to mention his price will go up even more. You'd think that teams would be better at dealing with him this year, which might free up space for the likes of Mane.

Been weighing up the pro's and con's of Salah/Mhki or Mane/Sanchez this morning. Same price. Not sure I can trust United's attack and Sanchez in particular though unless I see some drastic improvements in pre-season. Conversely I'm not sure I want to double up on any Arsenal players until they've played City and Chelsea in their first 2 fixtures. They have a nice run after that.
I am currently on Eriksen/Mane which to me seems better than Salah/Miki and still leaves an extra 1m.

I would certainly steer clear of Sanchez for now until he starts to find his feet here. In fact my initial draft has no United players in it which will be a first. That will probably change as pre-season progresses, would like to have United defence covered and I can also see Martial getting the first couple of games (only 7.5m).

SteveTheRed

Thank you both!
Yes probably fullbacks are preferred (even more if they take penalties!) but there are some CB who surprise us by getting a lot of goals from Corners, Freekicks.

Cheapest subs is definitely a tactic worth considering, but you just need to be careful about injuries/rotation of squads...for instance the first couple weeks of the season, there will be new signings trying to get into teams/regulars losing their spot, world cup players rested etc.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The key for subs is not getting the cheapest but the cheapest who always play. E.g. players like Zanka who are 4.5 but will always play unless he gets injured.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Current draft

Fabianksi
Cedric - Shaw - Douglas
Salah - Eriksen - Jota - Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang - Firmino - Tosun
Subs - Ryan, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka, Masusku

chicha14

Pickford-Patricio

Maguire Trippier Daniels Bailly Kelly

Mkhitaryan Pogba De Bruyne Willian Wilshere

Firmino Tosun Lukaku

Opinions, suggestions ?

SSSSnake

Pickford-Patricio

Firmino Tosun Lukaku

Opinions, suggestions ?
Pogba & De Bruyne probably wont start with both being on extended holidays.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Pickford-Patricio

Firmino Tosun Lukaku

Opinions, suggestions ?
I wouldn't spend £10m on 2 goalkeepers unless one of them was DDG and the other was £4m bench fodder.

And yeah I'd be worried about a fair few of those missing the first game or 2 due to the World Cup.

chicha14

I wouldn't spend £10m on 2 goalkeepers unless one of them was DDG and the other was £4m bench fodder.

And yeah I'd be worried about a fair few of those missing the first game or 2 due to the World Cup.
Bit difficult as any decent keeper is £5 + and bench fodder is minimum £4, i went for Patricio because ( apart from being Portuguese) I know he is a guaranteed starter and he is a decent back up option.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Current draft

Fabianksi
Cedric - Shaw - Douglas
Salah - Eriksen - Jota - Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang - Firmino - Tosun
Subs - Ryan, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka, Masusku
Thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thoughts?
Pretty good. Personally I'd want to upgrade at least one of those defenders for a preemo like Robertson, Davies or Azpi. Is Shaw really gonna play? I know Young needs a rest after the WC but even if we're forced to start him against Leicester he's a transfer waiting to happen. Personally I think that team will struggle for clean sheet points although admittedly they're always hard to predict. I wouldn't want 2 Palace defenders either. Oh and you've got no City players which seems a tad insane.