Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Zedme

Can newbies join the caf league too? (Long time member just not vocal)

klsv

Probably starting with something like this, I have already changed it sixty times, though.

DDG
Robertson - Azpilicueta - Tarkowski - Davies (Bennett on the bench)
Salah - David Silva - Deulofeu/Cairney/Kenedy (rotation based on fixtures)
Auba - Tosun - Zaha

James Hocking

Will likely change my team many times but here is my first draft. Does anybody have any feedback. A lot of my preferred players are likely to miss the first few games due to the World Cup, so there is a possibility of an early wildcard. But initial thoughts on this side for the first 3/4 weeks

Fabianski
Smalling Robertson Mendy
DSilva Sanchez Keita Cairny
Aguero Firminho Tosun

Subs - Speroni Tomkins Neves Kennedy

Adcuth

Initial team.

Pickford
McGuire Bertrand trippier Daniel's
Salah Eriksen Schneiderlin
Vardy morata firmino

Subs : Fabianski zanka fernandinho kouyate

Changes will certainly be made though

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Pretty good. Personally I'd want to upgrade at least one of those defenders for a preemo like Robertson, Davies or Azpi. Is Shaw really gonna play?

Personally I think that team will struggle for clean sheet points although admittedly they're always hard to predict. I wouldn't want 2 Palace defenders either. Oh and you've got no City players which seems a tad insane.
FPL is ultimately a game of value so I’m happy with the back line as they’re all value players (will score more that their price points suggest imo).

Shaw will start the season so I think the position is his to win from Young. Personally wouldn’t get Azpilicueta as I think he’s extremely expensive, which is based on two seasons which can’t see repeas of (Chelsea’s exceptional defensive year when they won the title; and last season where he got a tonne of assists with hail-Mary 50 yard passes to Morata).

Davies is a great option but he’s not guaranteed to start, which was the problem with him last season. Poch likes to rotate his fullbacks so personally can’t justify the outlay when he’s prone to rotate (keeping my eye on him though). For Pool I think the value is in Lovren and I’ll bring him in probably when he returns. Not opposed to him though, I think he’s a good shout. Problem is I’m only playing three defenders I like the ones I have for cheaper - which allows upgrades elsewhere.

Disagree on the city comment, not sure where you think the value is now Otamendi and Sterling are overpriced. There are only two I’d consider with the first being Aguero, but that’s a very close toss up most FPL managers will be having at he moment and I’ve fallen on the side of Aubameyang. Second is David Silva, if he plays he’s a coup.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
FPL is ultimately a game of value so I’m happy with the back line as they’re all value players (will score more that their price points suggest imo).

Shaw will start the season so I think the position is his to win from Young. Personally wouldn’t get Azpilicueta as I think he’s extremely expensive, which is based on two seasons which can’t see repeas of (Chelsea’s exceptional defensive year when they won the title; and last season where he got a tonne of assists with hail-Mary 50 yard passes to Morata).

Davies is a great option but he’s not guaranteed to start, which was the problem with him last season. Poch likes to rotate his fullbacks so personally can’t justify the outlay when he’s prone to rotate (keeping my eye on him though). For Pool I think the value is in Lovren and I’ll bring him in probably when he returns. Not opposed to him though, I think he’s a good shout. Problem is I’m only playing three defenders I like the ones I have for cheaper - which allows upgrades elsewhere.

Disagree on the city comment, not sure where you think the value is now Otamendi and Sterling are overpriced. There are only two I’d consider with the first being Aguero, but that’s a very close toss up most FPL managers will be having at he moment and I’ve fallen on the side of Aubameyang. Second is David Silva, if he plays he’s a coup.
What about KDB?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
What about KDB?
He’s a great pick, but don’t think he’s a value pick by any stretch at 10m considering he plays as a central midfielder.

Eriksen is 0.5 cheaper and plays further forward, whilst hitting similar totals around the 200 point mark. City last season broke records for goals which contributed to De Bruyne assist stats - if they do another record breaking season then any City asset is a good bet, but if they slow down then you’ll see a reduction which would put De Bruyne near Eriksen or below. I think Eriksen is more likely to be the player in Spurs’ team who makes the assist or get a goal - City spread those goals/assists out more evenly, which is fine if they score 100+ goals but not ideal if they’re scoring at a typical level.

He’s a difficult player to judge though as he’s literally the best player in the league and it wouldn’t surprise me if he scored 4 in his first 5 games for example, but equally wouldn’t surprise me if he blanked given his position.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He’s a great pick, but don’t think he’s a value pick by any stretch at 10m considering he plays as a central midfielder.

Eriksen is 0.5 cheaper and plays further forward, whilst hitting similar totals around the 200 point mark. City last season broke records for goals which contributed to De Bruyne assist stats - if they do another record breaking season then any City asset is a good bet, but if they slow down then you’ll see a reduction which would put De Bruyne near Eriksen or below. I think Eriksen is more likely to be the player in Spurs’ team who makes the assist or get a goal - City spread those goals/assists out more evenly, which is fine if they score 100+ goals but not ideal if they’re scoring at a typical level.

He’s a difficult player to judge though as he’s literally the best player in the league and it wouldn’t surprise me if he scored 4 in his first 5 games for example, but equally wouldn’t surprise me if he blanked given his position.
Fair point. I had him last year at the start but at the beginning of the season, he was playing deeper and not getting any points. Then I dropped the bastard and he was getting multiple assists every week :lol:

This year I have KDB, Erikson and Sanchez so hopefully get some points between them.

Although I'm considering switching Sanchez for Mane... any thoughts on that anyone?

MUFC OK

Thought on my drafts lads, which is better?
A)
Ederson​
TAA Daniels Tomkins​
Salah Eriksen Mikhitaryan Jota
Zaha Firmino Aguero
Subs: Speroni, Bednarek, Kenedy, Peltier

B)
Ederson​
TAA Ward Trippier​
Salah Eriksen Mikhitaryan Jota
Zaha Wood Aguero
Subs: Fabianski, Bednarek, Kenedy, Daniels

Basically weaker defence and bench to accommodate Firmino, or go with Chris Wood?

ROFLUTION

Current draft

Fabianksi
Cedric - Shaw - Douglas
Salah - Eriksen - Jota - Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang - Firmino - Tosun
Subs - Ryan, Tomkins, Wan-Bissaka, Masusku
I think id rather have Daniels and TAA with their fixtures rather than Cedric and Douglas who could go volatile with returns.. Personally I think ill try and accomodate Baines as he takes penalties. And Smalling as he probably starts a lot again and is a threat on corners

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I think id rather have Daniels and TAA with their fixtures rather than Cedric and Douglas who could go volatile with returns.. Personally I think ill try and accomodate Baines as he takes penalties. And Smalling as he probably starts a lot again and is a threat on corners
I think Daniels is a decent option but he’s also a volatile FPL defender given Bournemouth’s defensive weaknesses, you’re really banking on some sort of offensive returns with Daniels. There’s a few good options at 4.5m but for me I slightly prefer Cedric as I think Southampton are a better side defensively.

As for Douglas he was one of the first names on my team sheet. Wolves play a proper 3-5-2 and Douglas is a very offensive wingback, with 14 assists last season which was the highest in the championship. He’s a certainty for my team at the start of the season.

ROFLUTION

I think Daniels is a decent option but he’s also a volatile FPL defender given Bournemouth’s defensive weaknesses, you’re really banking on some sort of offensive returns with Daniels. There’s a few good options at 4.5m but for me I slightly prefer Cedric as I think Southampton are a better side defensively.

As for Douglas he was one of the first names on my team sheet. Wolves play a proper 3-5-2 and Douglas is a very offensive wingback, with 14 assists last season which was the highest in the championship. He’s a certainty for my team at the start of the season.
Ive been considering Douglas too, as he has the chance of rising quick in price too if he delivers. My only problem with him is that we don't know how good Wolves are when facing Premier League competition. He might be an outsider for me too, but I need some stable defenders (Smalling, TAA), so it wont just cost me more subbing my "maybe"-defenders out in round 3. Kiko Femenia at 4.5 is also an option if he plays as a wing again. Good schedule for him, but random defensive outlooks.

Personally I don't rate Southampton defensively. Even when they have an "easy" opponent, I have a hard time trusting a Soton defender to deliver. They almost went down last year which signals to me that there's a lot of work to do.

ROFLUTION

A question for the seasoned pro's in here - What is your strategy when starting out? and what's your overall strategy?

Last year was my first year, so mine was sort of to not sub too much also when a player is struggling (Alonso, Morata), and then build a lot of value by buying players on the rise.

I sort of strangled my private league-opponents by having more money to buy players from november and onwards. Worked pretty well even though I was chasing most of the game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A question for the seasoned pro's in here - What is your strategy when starting out? and what's your overall strategy?

Last year was my first year, so mine was sort of to not sub too much also when a player is struggling (Alonso, Morata), and then build a lot of value by buying players on the rise.

I sort of strangled my private league-opponents by having more money to buy players from november and onwards. Worked pretty well even though I was chasing most of the game.
I think it will be different for a World Cup Year. Best strategy might be to avoid World Cup returnees and plan to wildcard early when the best budget options become clear and we know each teams favoured starting 11 with everyone available.

MUFC OK

Ederson​
Shaw TAA Mendy​
Eriksen Salah Mikhi Jota
Zaha Wood Aguero​
subs: Speroni Bednarek Daniels Kenedy

Is that decent enough to start the season with?

podurban2

I'm excited about the snake draft this year.

So far my team consists of:

Ederson
Douglas - Shaw - TAA
Mkhi - Jota - Eriksen - Sessegnon
Vardy - Aubameyang - Firmino

Subs: Speroni, Peltier, McDonald, Bellerin
Previous years I have saved money on my defenders but that hasn't worked out great so I want to at least have three good ones. However, it's difficult finding value this year in the high-end defender market. I still have $2.50 in the bank and not sure what I want to do with them...

Also curious to see how the newcomers, Jota and Sessegnon will do, they may flop but hopefully one of them will take the PL like a fish in water.

ROFLUTION

I think it will be different for a World Cup Year. Best strategy might be to avoid World Cup returnees and plan to wildcard early when the best budget options become clear and we know each teams favoured starting 11 with everyone available.
Sort of my thinking too. Have solid players for first two weeks. Save two subs for week 3 and then wait two weeks to see who is starters and if Kane/Lukaku/Mahrez/Silva etc starts out well

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ederson
Alonso (might change to Mendy) - Ward - Douglas
Salah - Eriksen - Milivojevic - Cairney
Aguero - Firmino - Tosun

This is how mine is looking at the moment. Torn between Tosun and Zaha who both have good fixtures early on. Arni might come in after his run of rough fixtures.
Rom might come in for Aguero once he's back playing properly.
Would like to spend a bit more money on one of budget mids but it's not really workable while Salah is there. He might change to Kane depending on form.

MUFC OK

Decent analysis but I just think Eriksen is a more consistent and nailed on point scorer. I never usually pick him but this year I'm keeping him all season.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Decent analysis but I just think Eriksen is a more consistent and nailed on point scorer. I never usually pick him but this year I'm keeping him all season.
Eriksen?

Me too! In that post I was saying Eriksen > De Bruyne based on price and more importantly position. I think Eriksen is the more likely scorer or assister for Spurs, whereas City share those stats around.

That said I’m tempted to get a City player now as going without one seems risky. Salah is eating such a hole in my budget.

MUFC OK

Eriksen?

Me too! In that post I was saying Eriksen > De Bruyne based on price and more importantly position. I think Eriksen is the more likely scorer or assister for Spurs, whereas City share those stats around.

That said I’m tempted to get a City player now as going without one seems risky. Salah is eating such a hole in my budget.
Yeah and I agree with you. From City I think Aguero is the best value.

devil in me

Same. Ive never had him and watched him rack up so many points consistently. He's in from the start this season and he is stayiing there.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah and I agree with you. From City I think Aguero is the best value.
Yeah Aguero is sorely tempting me but I also really like Aubameyang. Thing is that if you get rid of Salah you can get both - definitely considering that.

podurban2

Yeah Aguero is sorely tempting me but I also really like Aubameyang. Thing is that if you get rid of Salah you can get both - definitely considering that.
That’s what I did, and also got Firmino in there as well.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Will undoubtedly change numerous times but I've gone:

Ederson
PVA Trippier Robertson
De Bruyne Jorginho Keita Pogba
Zaha Kane Firmino

Bench: Fabianski, Dunk, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm going to be making so many changes there's no point posting it yet. What I have ended up with is a bench full of blue and white stripes :lol:

devil in me

Yep. I got Mane over Salah which has left me sitting pretty up front.

starman

Man Utd defenders are so expensive...

Smalling 6m? Darmian 5m Rojo 5m really? When there are players with better scores last season and will play that are cheaper.
Need Maguire to sign....otherwise will only have 1 united player in my squad (Pogba)

Sparky Rhiwabon

Man Utd defenders are so expensive...

Smalling 6m? Darmian 5m Rojo 5m really? When there are players with better scores last season and will play that are cheaper.
Need Maguire to sign....otherwise will only have 1 united player in my squad (Pogba)
Shaw is 5.0

Canuckred64

Will undoubtedly change numerous times but I've gone:

Ederson
PVA Trippier Robertson
De Bruyne Jorginho Keita Pogba
Zaha Kane Firmino

Bench: Fabianski, Dunk, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka
Can I ask you why you think Jorginho and Keita are good prospects for FPL? Been looking at both and wonder if they will score enough points in this game. I have Jorginho in my sky sports team and might go with Keita as well, but that game has a 3 point bonus for completed passes.

GledTheRed

Fabianski Speroni

Wan-Bissaka
Alexander-Arnold
Daniels
Bellerín
Diop

Salah
Eriksen
Pogba
Cairney
Neves

Firmino
Aubameyang
Arnautovic

Here's my effort, I think WHU players are gonna be good pickups. Very tempted with Yarmolenko who has a great scoring record throughout his career.

Ady87

Just logged back in for the new season.

First draft:

Courtois
Otamendi Bailly Monreal
Sane Mkhi Willian Lingard
Morata Firmino Lacazette

Subs: Ryan Cedric Daniels £4.5m

This is a pretty balanced team I think. I could go more budget on defence, do 2 x £4.5 keepers and then bolster the mid for premium but when I look at the Chelsea Mid you’ve got to feel Willian now starts every game and Mkhi/Sane/Morata/Lacazette have had rested summers so feel they could start hot.