Luton Town
Just logged back in for the new season.

First draft:

Courtois
Otamendi Bailly Monreal
Sane Mkhi Willian Lingard
Morata Firmino Lacazette

Subs: Ryan Cedric Daniels £4.5m

This is a pretty balanced team I think. I could go more budget on defence, do 2 x £4.5 keepers and then bolster the mid for premium but when I look at the Chelsea Mid you’ve got to feel Willian now starts every game and Mkhi/Sane/Morata/Lacazette have had rested summers so feel they could start hot.
Steer clear of Courtois, from my experience hrs been beyond useless.

Either gets 6 points for clean sheet or 2 when they concede .The cnut never makes a save :lol:

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Can I ask you why you think Jorginho and Keita are good prospects for FPL? Been looking at both and wonder if they will score enough points in this game. I have Jorginho in my sky sports team and might go with Keita as well, but that game has a 3 point bonus for completed passes.
Keita I may re-assess if Liverpool sign Fekir, but as of right now I see him being the most advanced of their midfield three and he's bound to get a fair number of goals and assists just through how good their attack is. Bit of a punt really but I have punted on Michu, Sigurdsson and Salah from the start in previous years so I have a decent track record with it lol.

Jorginho is in a pool of cheap midfielders with people like Seri and Jack Wheelchair, but knowing how he dominates games I think he's as likely to get points as anyone else and he'll be guaranteed games with Sarri there too.

No doubt it will change again but that's where I am.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Will probably play less than 10 games
He’ll start the season though and most people wildcard in the first six or so weeks. I think he’s a good calculated risk.

JuanMata

Gone for this, thoughts?

Pickford
Robertson-Azpi-Stones
Jorginho-Salah-Sane-Jota-Richarlison
Kane-Tosun

Bench:
Hamer, Tomkins, Kamara, Bennett

Looking to bring in Micky and Auba somehow after their first two games though.
Not sure on Richarlison either, but probably will replace him with Micky as mentioned above.
Also maybe Kenedy to replace Jorginho, but Newcastle have tough fixtures to start and my thinking is Jorginho will get more assists and goals than Kante lol

My team :)

Fabianski
Robertson Maguire Lacaselles Trippier
Sane Eriksen Cairney Cork
Aubameyang Kane
Subs: Ryan, Ward, Mooy, Depoitre

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Gone for this, thoughts?

Pickford
Robertson-Azpi-Stones
Kane-Tosun

Bench:

Not sure on Richarlison either, but probably will replace him with Micky as mentioned above.
Also maybe Kenedy to replace Jorginho, but Newcastle have tough fixtures to start and my thinking is Jorginho will get more assists and goals than Kante lol
I'd say Alonso is a better option than Azpi. Both get the same CS points, both are the same price but Alonso offers much more attacking threat. Azpi is an excellent choice too though and a bonus point magnet.

klsv

Gone for this, thoughts?

Pickford
Robertson-Azpi-Stones
Kane-Tosun

Bench:

Pickford, Stones and Kane might miss the first one or two GW's. Atleast that's what most go by. If they really do miss them you'll be far behind the top by GW3.

JuanMata

I'd say Alonso is a better option than Azpi. Both get the same CS points, both are the same price but Alonso offers much more attacking threat. Azpi is an excellent choice too though and a bonus point magnet.
I had Alonso initially but not sure how Sarri will change the backline of chelsea tbh. I expect Azpi to be moved to RB. Difference in points between Azpi and Alonso last season wasn't too bad either, but yeah I'm still undecided!

Pickford, Stones and Kane might miss the first one or two GW's. Atleast that's what most go by. If they really do miss them you'll be far behind the top by GW3.
I think Pickford and Kane will play. Isn't Son missing due to Asian games or something? Unless Llorente plays for Spurs I don't see who will play, but yeah I get what you mean. Stones is a risk too but I need someone from the City backline aha
I'm sure I'll change it loads anyway!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I had Alonso initially but not sure how Sarri will change the backline of chelsea tbh. I expect Azpi to be moved to RB. Difference in points between Azpi and Alonso last season wasn't too bad either, but yeah I'm still undecided!

I think Pickford and Kane will play. Isn't Son missing due to Asian games or something? Unless Llorente plays for Spurs I don't see who will play, but yeah I get what you mean. Stones is a risk too but I need someone from the City backline aha
I'm sure I'll change it loads anyway!
Son will depart for Asian cup but not until a few weeks into the season. Kane is also a notoriously slow starter.

ROFLUTION

I've changed mine yet again (so many FPL cravings, I've changed it a thousand times already) :D

Ederson
Baines - Smalling - Shaw - Mendy
Richarlison (if Everton) - Martial - Salah
Aguero - Tosun - Firmino

Bench: Kiko Femenia, Højbjerg, Nelson​

starman

Possibly although Mourinho has confirmed that he’ll start the season. How many games are you setting your team up for?
I always pick my team as if they are the ones that will make it to the end of the season. Maguire and Monreal are my most expensive defenders, both 5.5m. However with the hangover of the world cup, its hard to gauge who will start the season. Will probably remove Maguire and go for someone else guaranteed to play the first few games

Adcuth

Update:

Ederson

Douglas Baines Daniels

Salah Eriksen Keita Sessegnon Milijovejic

Firmino Vardy

Subs: Fabianski zanka malone kamara

What are the thoughts on starting players competing against each other in the next game?

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Update:

Ederson

Douglas Baines Daniels

Firmino Vardy

What are the thoughts on starting players competing against each other in the next game?
Ederson and Fabianski?
Are you planning to rotate depending on fixture?

I think your defence looks weak and you'd be better spending the money there.

C3Pique

Tricky this year with players potentially missing a few games due to the world cup. Alot of the top defences might see alot of rotation too and with almost all of the top 6 defenders at 6m it's going to be easy to waste money on players getting 0 minutes. I'm going for depth and rotation for the first few gws.

My current draft:
Foster/Ryan
Trent/Ward/Daniels/Shaw/Wan-Bissaka
Mane/Martial/David Silva/Eriksen/Cairney
Zaha/Firmino/Aubameyang

Defence is still a bit too cheap but I think all 15 will start the first game?

Adcuth

Ederson and Fabianski?
Are you planning to rotate depending on fixture?

I think your defence looks weak and you'd be better spending the money there.
Will keep edersen mainly. Fabianski was just left in from my previous selection.

I'm rubbish at picking defenders based on clean sheets so looked more at assists

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Will keep edersen mainly. Fabianski was just left in from my previous selection.

I'm rubbish at picking defenders based on clean sheets so looked more at assists
That's the best way really, but think you could improve one. I'm going for one premium, one mid, and one low cost.
Looking like Alonso, Shaw, Douglas to start but will change Shaw for Monreal after the second game probably.

Adcuth

That's the best way really, but think you could improve one. I'm going for one premium, one mid, and one low cost.
Looking like Alonso, Shaw, Douglas to start but will change Shaw for Monreal after the second game probably.
Ederson

Douglas Baines Alonso

Firmino Tosun

That looking a bit better? Thinking Zaha would be a better option than Tosun actually

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ederson

Douglas Baines Alonso

Firmino Tosun

That looking a bit better? Thinking Zaha would be a better option than Tosun actually
I'd say so!
I was torn between Zaha and Tosun too, but went with the latter.

Struggling to get Keita in without ruining my defence too much now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If I change Ederson to Pickford, I can afford to change Milivojevic to Keita. Thoughts?

Would leave me with

Pickford
Douglas Shaw (for first game) Robertson
Eriksen Salah Keita Cairney
Firmino Tosun Aguero (with a view to changing to Auba early on)

Hamer Wan-Bissaka Schelloto Stephens

Now, I can't have Robertson then as there'll be too many scousers. So could do with views on this.
If we sign Maguire I'll definitely be getting him in.

As a side note, it's annoying that Liverpool have way more desirable players than us now.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Currently have:

Ederson (set for season)
TAA - Tarkowski - Mendy
Salah - Eriksen - Ramsey - D.Silva
Firminho - Zaha - Austin

Bench: Speroni, Neves, Daniels, Wan-Bissaka

Not completely set on it but WC and Asian Games (Son) have made it a bit of a nightmare trying to put together a team. I expect I'll make significant changes after W5 as per usual.

MUFC OK

Here's my latest, going to leave it now until transfers are all done.

Ederson
Shaw-TAA-Azpi
Salah-Eriksen-Miki-Jota
Zaha-Woods-Aguero

Subs: Speroni, Bednarek, Tomkins, Kenedy

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm changing mine on a daily basis but transfers I've got my eye on are

Schmeichel to Chelsea (assuming Courtois goes to Madrid)
Richarlison to Everton
Maguire to United (can't see this one personally but I'd prefer him as a set and forget option to Bailly if it happens)

I want to see how Sane, Mahrez and Mendy figure in pre-season for City and also if it looks like TAA is going to be ready gw1 for Liverpool (will probably switch from Robertson if so to pocket the £1m)

Call me crazy as well but I'm genuinely considering a set and forget with Wolves goalkeepers. After seeing what the likes of Ryan and Pope scored last season I figure the value isn't always there with expensive gk options. Patricio is £4.5m with a £4m backup.

MUFC OK

Currently have:

Ederson (set for season)
TAA - Tarkowski - Mendy
Salah - Eriksen - Ramsey - D.Silva
Firminho - Zaha - Austin

Bench: Speroni, Neves, Daniels, Wan-Bissaka

Not completely set on it but WC and Asian Games (Son) have made it a bit of a nightmare trying to put together a team. I expect I'll make significant changes after W5 as per usual.
Looks solid enough to me but Austin bothers me, he had a very poor season last season so I'd avoid him until he hits form at least.

I'm changing mine on a daily basis but transfers I've got my eye on are

Schmeichel to Chelsea (assuming Courtois goes to Madrid)
Richarlison to Everton
Maguire to United (can't see this one personally but I'd prefer him as a set and forget option to Bailly if it happens)

I want to see how Sane, Mahrez and Mendy figure in pre-season for City and also if it looks like TAA is going to be ready gw1 for Liverpool (will probably switch from Robertson if so to pocket the £1m)

Call me crazy as well but I'm genuinely considering a set and forget with Wolves goalkeepers. After seeing what the likes of Ryan and Pope scored last season I figure the value isn't always there with expensive gk options. Patricio is £4.5m with a £4m backup.
Not a bad shout to do that with any two keepers to be fair. I also expect Wolves to have a solid first season back in the PL so a few of their assets could be tempting.

IrishRedDevil

Thoughts please?

---------------Pickford
---------Trent - Ward - Cedric
Eriksen - Sanchez - Mane - Mkhitaryan
----Firmino --- Zaha --- Aguero

Bench: Stekelenburg, Bednarek, Bennett, Stephens

• Putting faith in Sanchez (I want at least one United player in the team).
  • Lack of Salah and Kane. Kane looked shattered in the WC and he generally starts the season slowly. I'm banking on Salah not tearing things up again, and I have the Liverpool attack covered with Mane and Firmino anyway.

MUFC OK

Thoughts please?

---------------Pickford

• Lack of Salah and Kane. Kane looked shattered in the WC and he generally starts the season slowly. I'm banking on Salah not tearing things up again, and I have the Liverpool attack covered with Mane and Firmino anyway.
One of the better Salahless teams I've seen. I agree that the bolded is one of the only ways you can risk going without him. You can always WC to get him in at a later date. I'm not too concerned about not having Kane for the start of the season at least.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Thoughts please?

---------------Pickford

Similar to my draft, I have Mane, Eriksen and Mkhi in midfield with Aguero up top. I have always been a fan of a cheaper defence to enable a good attack/midfield however that tactic caught up with me last season. Similarly to you I am banking on Salah not tearing it up, this really cost me last year. Kane has typically started recent seasons off quite slowly and as you say looked leggy at the World Cup.

I admire your optimism with Sanchez there too, would love to have him in but for 10m+ I feel you need guaranteed points, which he certainly isn't at this stage (would be delighted to be proved wrong!)

Indnyc

Thoughts?

Foster/Patricio

Shaw Cedric Douglas Tomkins Bissaka

Salah Eriksen Mahrez Jota Cairney

Aguero Firmino Quaner

MUFC OK

Fabianski
TAA Shaw Mendy
Salah Eriksen Fernandinho Jota
Zaha Firmino Auba

subs: Speroni, bednarek, Tomkins, Kenedy

I've found a way to fit in both Auba and Firmino, for Aguero and Wood, by also shifting a few other players. Basically which is better? Rest of the team is the same.
A) Auba, Firmino, Fernandinho, Mendy, Fabianski
B) Aguero, Wood, Mikhi, Azpi, Ederson

MUFC OK

Thoughts?

Foster/Patricio

Shaw Cedric Douglas Tomkins Bissaka

Salah Eriksen Mahrez Jota Cairney

Aguero Firmino Quaner
I think you should downgrade Mahrez to Miki and upgrade Quaner to Wood who has a good set of opening fixtures. A little heavy on the Midfield and think having 3 strikers is better than a third premium mid for the price.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Looks solid enough to me but Austin bothers me, he had a very poor season last season so I'd avoid him until he hits form at least.
I'm on the fence. He has a good record but Southampton are looking likely for a relegation battle. I chose him because he's shown he can feed off scraps in the past.

I don't know of a better alternative. Wilson maybe but Bournemouth are also pants.

I think it's a bit silly that you're choosing to taking the risk for the sake of saving 1m.

Last edited:

MUFC OK

I'm on the fence. He has a good record but Southampton are looking likely for a relegation battle. I chose him because he's shown he can feed off scraps in the past.

I don't know of a better alternative. Wilson maybe but Bournemouth are also pants.
Maybe do daniels to bednarek to free up that extra 0.5m, or Ramsey > Miki.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think it's a bit silly that you're choosing to taking the risk for the sake of saving 1m.
Hardly a risk given the fact that Ederson out scored Fabianski by 1 point last season and Ryan by 12. You've got to factor in the save points which most top keepers (bar Dave) won't often get.

Anyway more importantly it frees you up to have 3 outfield players which was nigh on essential last season with City and I suspect will be so again with both them and Liverpool.

I've currently got a defence of Mendy, Robertson and Bailly so the last thing I want to do is double down on a keeper from one of them too.

Indnyc

I think you should downgrade Mahrez to Miki and upgrade Quaner to Wood who has a good set of opening fixtures. A little heavy on the Midfield and think having 3 strikers is better than a third premium mid for the price.
Thanks. I am very skeptical of Miki.. He flatters to deceive all the time.. Get your point on upgrading the striker though

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Hardly a risk given the fact that Ederson out scored Fabianski by 1 point last season and Ryan by 12. You've got to factor in the save points which most top keepers (bar Dave) won't often get.

Anyway more importantly it frees you up to have 3 outfield players which was nigh on essential last season with City and I suspect will be so again with both them and Liverpool.

I've currently got a defence of Mendy, Robertson and Bailly so the last thing I want to do is double down on a keeper from one of them too.
Fair comment, their differentials aren't as big as I thought. I was going to say he could just as easily turn out to be another Lossl but he was only 23 points behind.

GKs aren't great value are they.