Fantasy Premier League 18/19

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Because spurs have bought nobody, most of their team also went far in WC. Have a feeling they'll potentially struggle at the start.
They're also away for something like five of their first seven games too, I think? Plus Harry Kane is traditionally a slow starter as well, which is hardly a boost for their early prospects.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They're also away for something like five of their first seven games too, I think? Plus Harry Kane is traditionally a slow starter as well, which is hardly a boost for their early prospects.
True. Although Eriksen was the first name in my team so if I get rid and he smashed it, I'll be too angry too soon so I think I'll leave him in. Aarrggh!

Erikssen, Ward & Daniels vs. Pedro, Trippier and Mendy?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
True. Although Eriksen was the first name in my team so if I get rid and he smashed it, I'll be too angry too soon so I think I'll leave him in. Aarrggh!

Erikssen, Ward & Daniels vs. Pedro, Trippier and Mendy?
I think Daniels is at risk of losing his place once Bournemouth's new signing serves a three match suspension? Not sure Ward is certain to play ahead of Wan-Bissaka either. So the latter three, I think.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think Daniels is at risk of losing his place once Bournemouth's new signing serves a three match suspension? Not sure Ward is certain to play ahead of Wan-Bissaka either. So the latter three, I think.
No, Ward from Burnley. He's pretty much nailed on. Might replace Daniels with Jonny from Wolves, he looks beast.

The issue with the latter three is it leaves me with a midfield of:

Salah, Alexis, Shurrle & Pedro

which is far less convincing than my original:

Salah, Alexis, Erikssen & Schurrle.

EDIT: feck it you convinced me :lol:

Ederson
Davies, Jonny, Mendy
Alexis, Richarlison, Salah, Schurrle
Zaha, Aubamayang, Arnautovic

Subs: Norris, Zanka, Wan-Bissaka, Stephens

I know many people will stay away from Auba at the start but I think he can score against at least one of those teams and the alternatives aren't exactly amazing.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No, Ward from Burnley. He's pretty much nailed on. Might replace Daniels with Jonny from Wolves, he looks beast.

The issue with the latter three is it leaves me with a midfield of:

Salah, Alexis, Shurrle & Pedro

which is far less convincing than my original:

Salah, Alexis, Erikssen & Schurrle.
Hmmm, I see. Having a midfielder at around the 6.5m bracket makes sense to me as there are a few potential options to switch between at that price (Pedro, Fabregas, Jota, Richarlison, Schurrle, etc.) but starting with two of those might be a bit much.

Both Pedro and Schurrle *could* be quite good picks though so who knows?

Personally I'd probably go without Sanchez as he's quite expensive for someone I doubt I'd captain over the first few weeks unless Salah shows zero form.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hmmm, I see. Having a midfielder at around the 6.5m bracket makes sense to me as there are a few potential options to switch between at that price (Pedro, Fabregas, Jota, Richarlison, Schurrle, etc.) but starting with two of those might be a bit much.

Both Pedro and Schurrle *could* be quite good picks though so who knows?

Personally I'd probably go without Sanchez as he's quite expensive for someone I doubt I'd captain over the first few weeks unless Salah shows zero form.
I get your point but I have blind faith in him :wenger:

Think Mendy and Davies can probably ease the load on my MF. Not sure Erikssen would do the same to cover Ward and Jonny

GledTheRed

Who's gonna take pens for us? Alexis? I only have Mane over him at the moment as he seems to be taking them for Liverpool and they get about ten a season the cnuts.

podurban2

I know many people will stay away from Auba at the start but I think he can score against at least one of those teams and the alternatives aren't exactly amazing.

Thoughts?
I actually just decided to trade Auba for Firmino for the first two fixtures at least. Odds are the latter will gain more points and value. This way I have £2.0 in the bank which I will save just in case I want to make a change after GW1.

GledTheRed

I actually just decided to trade Auba for Firmino for the first two fixtures at least. Odds are the latter will gain more points and value. This way I have £2.0 in the bank which I will save just in case I want to make a change after GW1.
I'm having the same argument with myself but i'm sticking with Auba. I've got Mane and Salah for my Liverpool goals.

Sterling Archer

Same back and forth here - Auba v Firminio. Truth is, that difference buys you a top defender that can bring in more points than might separate the two strikers. That a good way to think about it? I'm doing my cost - points comparison with end of year numbers

manutd7

Ederson (Stekelenburg)
Shaw Schlupp Ward (Mendy) (Wan-Bissaka)
Sanchez Richarlison Mane Pedro (Deulofeu)
Firmino Aguero Arnautovic

Really liking the balance of this team for first portion of season. If Aguero is splitting time with Jesus gonna switch to Aubameyang. Pedro is looking good in Sarri's system and should be starting first few GW's and Schlupp looking OOP as well.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ederson (Stekelenburg)

Really liking the balance of this team for first portion of season. If Aguero is splitting time with Jesus gonna switch to Aubameyang. Pedro is looking good in Sarri's system and should be starting first few GW's and Schlupp looking OOP as well.
I'd be nervous about not having Salah, but great team otherwise.

KTP_ZA

Current iteration is:

DDG
Bellerin-Azpili-Daniels
B.Silva-Sanchez-Jota-Mkhi
Arnautovic-Aguero-Firmino

Subs: Fabianksi-McArthur-Ward-Bednarek

Thoughts? Want to get Lukaku in there for Aguero but will give it a few games because I doubt Lukaku will start after his WC run.

Jambo037

Don’t normally play the premier league as my mates use The Sun so I’m used to that but now at my new job they have got me in a league playing this version. Just looking for some pointers this is my team so far...

Rui Patricio
Wan-Bissaka / Shaw / Jonny
Salah / Sanchez / Pedro / Schürrle
Jesus / Callum Wilson / Firmino

Ederson, Mendy, Bennett, Gunnarsson

Thinking to bring in Aubemeyang, Kane or Lukaku after 1-3 weeks.

Also are Free Hit and Wildcard basically the same thing or have I misunderstood completely?

Scholes RVP

What do folks make of Ozil this season. Tempted to put him in the team as I think he might be in for a big season, after all the off-field stuff this summer. Thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Finally, my team is set and will only change if something crazy happens before kick off.

Ederson
Mendy, Davies, Jonny
Alexis, Pedro, Salah, Schurrle
Tosun, Aubamayang, Zaha

Thoughts people?

KTP_ZA

Don’t normally play the premier league as my mates use The Sun so I’m used to that but now at my new job they have got me in a league playing this version. Just looking for some pointers this is my team so far...

Rui Patricio
Wan-Bissaka / Shaw / Jonny
Salah / Sanchez / Pedro / Schürrle
Jesus / Callum Wilson / Firmino

Ederson, Mendy, Bennett, Gunnarsson

Thinking to bring in Aubemeyang, Kane or Lukaku after 1-3 weeks.

Also are Free Hit and Wildcard basically the same thing or have I misunderstood completely?
Free Hit lets you change your squad with no points deducted for ONE GW only and after that GW your squad goes back to what it was before you played the Free Hit

Wildcard lets you change as many squad members as you wish without deducting any points and those changes are permanent going forward.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who'll be playing as Pool's RB? TAA or Clyne?

Jambo037

Free Hit lets you change your squad with no points deducted for ONE GW only and after that GW your squad goes back to what it was before you played the Free Hit

Wildcard lets you change as many squad members as you wish without deducting any points and those changes are permanent going forward.
Nice one thanks mate.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Neves is apparently a poor fantasy option. Read a ridiculous stat that he had more goals from outside the box last season than touches inside it!

Not sure if that’s true as sounds incredible, but gives an indication of the type of player he is (more likely to assist the assister).
But he should get lots of MoMs, bonus points and assists.....that's what I am banking on anyway, and at £5m, this allows me 3 big stars in midfield.

Reynoldo

I've buckled! @CassiusClaymore doubts have crept into my mind and I've come up with this team

----------------Schmeichel-----------------
---------Bellerin----Cedric----Azpi
Sanchez-Kenedy-Pedro-Sessegnon-Salah
--------Tosun------------Aubamayeng

Bench - Speroni, Mendy, Doherty, Quaner
Finally, my team is set and will only change if something crazy happens before kick off.

Ederson
Mendy, Davies, Jonny
Alexis, Pedro, Salah, Schurrle
Tosun, Aubamayang, Zaha

Thoughts people?
I like both these teams..so much so I'm going to pick holes to wreck your heads like mine is :p

No city midfielders or strikers lads?...have you not seen their opening fixtures...big mistake! :wenger:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
But he should get lots of MoMs, bonus points and assists.....that's what I am banking on anyway, and at £5m, this allows me 3 big stars in midfield.
Nah he only got one assist last year, think he’s more likely to assist the assister than play the final pass himself (due to his position). He got 11 yellow cards as well which is awful for bonus points.

Could be wrong of course. How much is Cairney? If he’s 5m think he is a better option and takes set pieces iirc.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Could be wrong of course. How much is Cairney? If he’s 5m think he is a better option and takes set pieces iirc.
Wolves have a few interesting 'cheapies', Boly is another...

SteveTheRed

I like both these teams..so much so I'm going to pick holes to wreck your heads like mine is :p

No city midfielders or strikers lads?...have you not seen their opening fixtures...big mistake! :wenger:
It's a very good point :houllier:

City midfielders I'm justifying that because I don't know who is going to start (minimum 9m player who could be getting rotated about ). Strikers will definitely change as the season goes on - if Auba doesn't work out there are a lot of option at 11m (Kane usually a slow starter )

Reynoldo

It's a very good point :houllier:

City midfielders I'm justifying that because I don't know who is going to start (minimum 9m player who could be getting rotated about ). Strikers will definitely change as the season goes on - if Auba doesn't work out there are a lot of option at 11m (Kane usually a slow starter )
Sorry...I was all smug a week ago having picked my perfect team and now I'm picking it apart too and going nuts also :houllier::lol:

SteveTheRed

Sorry...I was all smug a week ago having picked my perfect team and now I'm picking it apart too and going nuts also :houllier::lol:
Yep my team has changed drastically, expecting my initial team to out score me considerably :lol:

Reynoldo

Yep my team has changed drastically, expecting my initial team to out score me considerably :lol:
One of these years I'm going to just pick my team then walk away from it until the season starts to save myself the stress (never gonna happen)

SteveTheRed

One of these years I'm going to just pick my team then walk away from it until the season starts to save myself the stress (never gonna happen)
I'm doing a FPL Draft this year with a league of 4. No Transfers just set and forget :devil:

Would anyone on here be interested in it? Keep it relatively small so everyone has great squads.

James Peril

Ederson (Stekelenburg)

Look at West Ham’s first ten games, it’s going to be nasty. Perhaps Zaha instead of Arnautovic?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Haha no City players cost too much considering they rotate and the team gets points from all over the place.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Anyone not starting with Salah is taking a massive risk. He starts well and you’re chasing early.

Nickosaur

Anyone not starting with Salah is taking a massive risk. He starts well and you’re chasing early.
I see Salah doing well, but not as well as last season.

I think he and Mane will have similar seasons. Mane at 9.5 allows me more strength across the team.

That's how I'm justifying it in my mind :nervous:

Sterling Archer

What do folks make of Ozil this season. Tempted to put him in the team as I think he might be in for a big season, after all the off-field stuff this summer. Thoughts?
He is well priced and under the new manager with paced forwards to look for, I think he'll be one of the players or the year.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I see Salah doing well, but not as well as last season.

I think he and Mane will have similar seasons. Mane at 9.5 allows me more strength across the team.

That's how I'm justifying it in my mind :nervous:
What part of his form don’t you think he can continue? Because he might not score as many but he’ll still be getting a bucket load of chances and the guy is clinical, much more so than Mane.

Neo_Mufc

How important is it to start with Sanchez? at 10.5m he's going to be our main attacking player. I'd expect him to score in the first game.

Neo_Mufc

I've got him. My secret weapon.
Was thinking he's going to be bang on for a goal or an assist for the first game and a potential captain.

Salah will everyone's choice but for the purposes of being Utd's stand out player. He should be up there.