Fantasy Premier League 18/19

IrishRedDevil

No Aguero. No Mane. No Robertson. Big fat zero from Alonso. Only 1 playing sub on my bench.

Safe to say I am happy with 49 points.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Lacazette has had that goal taken off him and given an assist instead. Hazard and Doherty have missed out on a bonus point by 1 BPS each (I have both). I could go on. Basically a nightmare of a gameweek.

Neo_Mufc

57 points, took a hit, got rid of salah and arnie, brought in sane and auba

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
That's a better night. 59 all out. God bless you Harold.
This.

When you time the arrival of the Kane Train correctly as a Fantasy manager and get on board for a haul it's sweet...

When Salah and Hazard both get just a single assist against weaker teams and your rivals have them both (capped in Salah's case), it's even sweeter...

And when you have David Luiz and he gets benched but all your rivals have Alonso who plays and concedes 2 against Wolves... that's just beautiful.

When In Rome

Supports
Neutral
75 points but still not enough to worry the top ten yet.

Brought Aubameyang in to replace Murray who may be out for a while.

Florian Andone looks value at 5.0m too for a third choice striker.

klsv

49 points, hanging onto my place in 50k. Just have to survive December somehow, can't wait for the second wild card.

Red Star One

Thinking of Arnautovic replacement as I guess he’ll be out for a while. Torn between Chicarito and Rondon - has anyone seen Newcastle yesterday? Apart from the goal, was Rondon playing well?

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
69 points, Bournemouth duo and captain Kane got most. Bournemouth soon to have some tough set of fixtures, so need to replace one of them then.

SteveTheRed

Took my first -4 this season and ended up with 65! Pretty happy with that considering Robertson and Mane didn't play, Alonso 0.

I've ended up doing Mane > Hazard this week who I only just kicked out ! Lost 0.2m but prefer fixing my mistake early.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thinking of Arnautovic replacement as I guess he’ll be out for a while. Torn between Chicarito and Rondon - has anyone seen Newcastle yesterday? Apart from the goal, was Rondon playing well?
Don't bother with Rondon. He has this habit of going without scoring for long periods.

coolredwine

lameredboots
So...

Bernardo Silva + Arnautovic > Sterling + Chicha/Jimenez (-4 hit)

OR

Felipe Anderson + Arnautovic > Snodgrass + Kane (-4 hit)

OR

Arnautovic > Lacazette (1FT with Auba in the team already)

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Right, I'm more on Chica side anyway I think. West Ham fixtures just too good to ignore and I believe he'll keep playing!
Yeah. With Arnautovic out, Chicha is now nailed on starter. Whether he fetches points is a different thing but for sure he would be the focus of Snodgrass and Anderson feeding him in.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I say A. Wouldn't drop Felipe, and as much as I loved owning Kane yesterday, can see Sterling + Chica outscoring Harry + Snod
What would you say of Arnautovic > Lacazette?

I have 3.5M ITB and already have Auba. Doubling up on Arsenal's attack makes sense given their fixtures? Wouldn't have to take a hit either compared to the previous two scenarios.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Took my first -4 this season and ended up with 65! Pretty happy with that considering Robertson and Mane didn't play, Alonso 0.

I've ended up doing Mane > Hazard this week who I only just kicked out ! Lost 0.2m but prefer fixing my mistake early.
You put Hazard back in before the City game? Fair play.

Nickosaur

Need to get Arnie and Murray out. Thinking of Rondon and Lacazette in for a -4.

IrishRedDevil

Going to use my Wildcard

Aguero, Mane, Alonso and Murray out.
Kane, Sterling, Luiz and Succcess in.

Formation changed to 4-4-2

Thoughts please? Feels like a bit of a side step to me, but there is no point keeping my Wildcard for much longer.

........................Ederson
WBissaka - Robertson - Luiz - Doherty
Richarlison - Martial - Hazard - Sterling
..................Kane - Lacazette

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Sane or Hazard for the Chelsea vs City game...?

I already have Sterling.

Sane has played the last 3 90 minutes for Guardiola which could well mean a benching is due...

Or - bring back Mané if he's fit against Bournemouth?

ROFLUTION

Who to swap in for Arnie?

I have 7.7 available. It doesn't have to be a forward that plays, as I'm also willing to swap out Peltier (3.8) and take a -4 hit for two transfers.

Current team:
Fabianski
Wan B - Peltier - Kolasinac - Alonso - Diop
Sterling - Hazard - Son - Richarlison - Martial
Kane - Success - Arnautovic

Nickosaur

Last nights games meant I got 60 points and pushed me back into the top 40k, I needed that after two awful gws.

If I get in Lacazette as my FT for Arnie I'll have this team:

Ryan
Alonso-Robertson-Laporte-Doherty-AWB
Hazard-Martial-Richarlison-Anderson-Camarasa
Kane-Lacazette-Murray

Yes, I know I need to get a City mid in! But while the rest of my mids are fit I feel I should get out Murray for a striker. It would leave me about £6m, options are Jiminez, Rondon and Andone.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Who to swap in for Arnie?

I have 7.7 available. It doesn't have to be a forward that plays, as I'm also willing to swap out Peltier (3.8) and take a -4 hit for two transfers.

Current team:
Fabianski
Wan B - Peltier - Kolasinac - Alonso - Diop
Sterling - Hazard - Son - Richarlison - Martial
Kane - Success - Arnautovic
Personally I would get in Jimenez and use that extra cash to turn Peltier into someone like TAA although I wouldn't necessarily take a hit to do it this week.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've taken Martial out for Sane before the rise. It's a shame because he's been getting points, but he might be rested at the weekend with going off. Sane might too but I took the gamble after taking the both the price rise and Martial's injury. Long term it should pay off I think.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've switched out my premium 3 in the space of 2 gameweeks. Salah/Hazard/Aguero is now Sterling/Auba/Kane.

Foster / Patricio
Laporte / TAA / Robertson / Alonso / AWB
Sterling / F Anderson / Richarlison / Deulofeu / Camarasa
Kane / Auba / Wilson

£0.4m in the bank

Next plans are to get Ederson in and Laporte out I think. Can't have another repeat of this week.

ROFLUTION

Personally I would get in Jimenez and use that extra cash to turn Peltier into someone like TAA although I wouldn't necessarily take a hit to do it this week.
Maybe not a bad idea with Jimenez. I am thinking of bolstering up a bit on squad-depth too, as a lot of people got fecked over this weekend because of rotation.

Rondon might be an option too?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Maybe not a bad idea with Jimenez. I am thinking of bolstering up a bit on squad-depth too, as a lot of people got fecked over this weekend because of rotation.

Rondon might be an option too?
Maybe. Yeah been saying ages about needing a full squad for this month. This week really hammered the message home although it seems not to have been as damaging as it could have been due to nobody keeping a clean sheet. Laporte played 1 minute and got more points than Alonso who played 90 for instance.

IrishRedDevil

Still tweaking with my Wildcard.

Back to 3-4-3, as this means I can have Schindler as my first sub.

......................Ederson
W.Bissaka - Alexander Arnold - Luiz
Richarlison - Martial - Hazard - Sterling
..........Kane - Lacazette - Jimenez

Thoughts please?

Sterling is taking up a big chunk of the budget, meaning I'm tempted by Sane instead.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've switched out my premium 3 in the space of 2 gameweeks. Salah/Hazard/Aguero is now Sterling/Auba/Kane.

Foster / Patricio
Laporte / TAA / Robertson / Alonso / AWB
Sterling / F Anderson / Richarlison / Deulofeu / Camarasa
Kane / Auba / Wilson

£0.4m in the bank

Next plans are to get Ederson in and Laporte out I think. Can't have another repeat of this week.
You've given me a very good idea. But it takes 4 transfers before I can do Kane's. So annoying as two of those I've only recently brought in.

Surprisingly tempting to take a 16 point hit now then bring Kane in next gw. Would be dumb though. Imagine if he got injured after that.

If I put a cheap 5.1 placeholder in Hazard's place, I can bring Kane in for a -8 right now or for free at the weekend. Then I can sort out other positions and eventually have Fraser in Hazard's place.
That might be the best bet.

Hazard's run of fixures after City is a bit scary to get rid of him before though.

Last edited: