Fantasy Premier League 19/20

MVP_88

Anyone capping anyone other than Vardy?

Teams are so similar now I'm thinking of sticking it on Mane or Son in the hope Vardy blanks or gets just a goal.
I’m captaining Mane over Vardy this GW. Playing it safe will only get you so far. To rise up leagues and ranks, risks have to be taken

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m captaining Mane over Vardy this GW. Playing it safe will only get you so far. To rise up leagues and ranks, risks have to be taken
I don't think Mane at home to the crappest team in the league is exactly a wild punt in fairness.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone capping anyone other than Vardy?

Teams are so similar now I'm thinking of sticking it on Mane or Son in the hope Vardy blanks or gets just a goal.
I think Mane is a potential rotation risk. I do think he will play, but it would be the ideal time to rest him again since Watford are so bad. I would guess Salah is rested first since it was Mane the last time.
Wolves will not be easy so would stay away from Spurs.
I think Abraham against Bournemouth can be tasty. They have been defending badly and could be destroyed.
Jesus, De Bruyne and Sterling might have a great day against Arsenal who can't defend well so many great picks this round.

Vardy is obvious and should be picked if you have him. Norwich are the worst side in the league in terms of defending. 16 goals so far and with brilliant form for Vardy. It doesn't get much better than that.
If you sell him for Rashford it might work right now given that Leicester play City and Liverpool next which could be hard for Vardy (still would not bet against him scoring).

Andi Latte

Does anyone still have Auba?

Am I mad to hold him against City and save the FT or should I just ship him out and get our boy Rashford?
I have Auba since the start of the season and I see no reason whatsoever to get rid. I also don't really understand why he fell 0.2 in that time, seeing that bar a 3 game slump in november, he produced constantly and is also capable of big hauls. There's a reason he's second best points-wise in regards to strikers. Expensive, surely, but closest to a sure thing this season, even as Arsenal are as bad as they are, which is a testament to his quality imo.

United58

Ryan - Button

Soyuncu - Lundstram - Baldock - Rico - Diop

Alli - Son - Mané - Maddison - De Bruyne

Vardy - Abraham - Connolly

1 FT, £1.2m ITB.

At the moment I'm £0.2m short of going Abraham -> Rashford. Once we go into the new GW and I get a second FT, I'm thinking of downgrading Diop -> Kelly then going Abraham -> Rashford, thoughts? Anything else I should look at?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Both. What midfielder are you going to get that will outscore Ings for his price.
I had abraham and vardy so it was a straight choice.

Went Rashford in the end. May not come off, but at least i won't be at the game tomorrow and curse when Rashy does something!!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm taking Robertson out. Klopp has started to rotate the fullbacks.

ROFLUTION

Got 5.5 for a defender instead of Bellerin for next Gameweek - Who do I go for?

Would be nice with a settled one with a nice fixture-list over Christmas.

Deery

Dreary
Got 5.5 for a defender instead of Bellerin for next Gameweek - Who do I go for?

Would be nice with a settled one with a nice fixture-list over Christmas.
Sidibe seems to be playing well changed him from Digne.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I know Mane was unlucky, but Liverpool are both very good and a bit gash somehow at the same time. Was a madness to TC

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Clean sheets are coming though.

Just used my free transfer on Robbo to Aurier.

GW18
Pope
Lundstram Ruco Aurier Soyuncu
KDB Maddison Alli Cantwell
Vardy Rashford

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pleased with 12 points from my Pool players. Good not to have a blank from Mane but a few have him captained so happy with that.

ROFLUTION

maybe aurier or lindelof
Hmm just researched a bit on how Jose likes to rotate for the winter:

- The backs usually get 90 minutes, and is maybe rotated for 1 game max so Aurier would for instance miss out on 1 match, but play the full in the others if that happens. He trusts players with good physique though.

Jose at United
2018/19 (Jose is sacked, so no need to take this one into consideration)
2017/18: Valencia gets injured before christmas, and Jose favors Young and Shaw for most of the 4 games in a row. They both get rested for one full match though.
2016/17: Jose keeps Valencia to play full christmas-programme, but rotates on the other wing back. Has to be mentioned that Valencia had incredible physique and there was fewer games this year (the pre-christmas game was 17th of december)

Jose at Chelsea
2015/16: Jose is sacked before christmas
2014/15: Every 4 defenders plays every single game. Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta
2013/14: 3 defenders plays every single game, Ivanovic being one of them. Azpilicueta rested/rotated with Filipe Luis for 1 game

Conclusion: If he has a player with good physique like Valencia/Ivanovic, and lacks a good alternative, he plays them every single game. Aurier was rested midweek, and Spurs have no Carling Cup, so it's not impossible he'll play him every game during the winter. Rose played midweek, so he's the most likely one to be rotated. The safe-choices are of course the centre-backs and maybe Vertonghen who has taken over from Rose on the left, to allow Aurier to bomb forward and have a safe defender backwards.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Good on me for captaining Salah but frustrated with Robertson coming on to get 1 point while having a 6 points defender on the bench. 37 points so far with Leno, Rashford, Martial, James, Sterling and Kelly to go. Could potentially be a good weekend this one.

United58

Ryan - Button

Soyuncu - Lundstram - Baldock - Rico - Diop

Alli - Son - Mané - Maddison - De Bruyne

Vardy - Abraham - Connolly

1 FT, £1.2m ITB.

At the moment I'm £0.2m short of going Abraham -> Rashford. Once we go into the new GW and I get a second FT, I'm thinking of downgrading Diop -> Kelly then going Abraham -> Rashford, thoughts? Anything else I should look at?
Right, about to go Diop -> Kelly and Abraham -> Rashford, thoughts?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bit of a bust for Vardy, but I dare say he had huge captain ownership.
Breaks his run though, and a couple of hard games coming up now.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
So first week of the Cup right. My opponent will probably go on and beat me on raw points earned, but then I saw he spent 20 points on 6 transfers this week :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Keeping Abraham over rashford might hurt. Although at least I will be happy about it if we win and Chelsea drops points.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It doesn't happen often but for the first time think I've played a blinder with buying Ings before everyone else and then replacing him before this GW and he blanks!

United58

It doesn't happen often but for the first time think I've played a blinder with buying Ings before everyone else and then replacing him before this GW and he blanks!
Brilliant, I'm in a league with a friend who captained Ings. Didn't do great myself with Vardy captain, but still have 37 points with 4 to play.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
47 with 3 to play.

What are people doing with Chelsea players?

I'll keep Tammy I think but Pulisic has done nothing for me. Trouble is I'd planned Mane to Son this week.

Might be worth a -4 as many could be taking a hit next week to get a team out.