Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

Im not sure I understand xG completely, but In the betting thread someone explaining it said eventually almost every player adjust to their xG over a season, so in that case Ings would also regress to his xG eventually, even though I know what you mean - he's definitely clinical
xG is what you would expect a player to score based on the chances he has had. They just look at statistical data from similar positions in past goals/chances and use probably a lot of different fairly subjective statistical parameteters to do that. I think distance/angle to goal, speed/quality of the ball from the pass, defenders/goalkeeper positioning for blocks/saves/tackles and things like that.

Different xG sources can vary a lot too. For a pen they have 75% chance of a goal which is probably the easiest stat to look at.
Vardy though has scored 85% historically and 100% this season so he will probably beat that. Rashford and Pogba for us maybe not given the record they have.

I think top strikers normally do better than xG in many areas at least when in form. Since they have different qualities someone like Ings might be worse than average in the air compared to say Auba or Richarlison who are good there. De Bruyne as an example have pretty low xG because he scores lots of hard long distance shoots that few others can manage equally well.
Messi on freekicks as an example performs way above xG normally since he is the best in the world at that and they compare him to other players for xG. Messi in general apart from headers is normally way better than xG says he should be and that is why he is the best.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Big fan of Son myself, however Robertson (Alt A) is probably the safest way to points, keeping in mind they've held 5 clean sheets in a row. Ayew is a fair option in two weeks, but even though he can be flashy, I'm still a bit content with his end-product. Wouldn't go Jimenez myself, but that's because I look at 5 games ahead and go for Calvert Lewin, so I don't need to swap out Jimenez in 2 games time when his fixtures toughen up.

TLDR: I'd probably go Calvert Lewin + Robertson if possible
Cheers bud I'll look into DCL

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a risk assessment. Who has the highest ceiling of the ones you don't own PLUS who has the capacity to kill your rank the most if you don't own. This is why I'm edging towards Salah. Probably got as high a ceiling as any of the others plus definitely has the highest capacity to hurt me if i don't get him in. Pretty boring really but when you're at 6k and still have all your chips you don't need to as cavalier.
It's all about risk like you say.
Everyone knows Salah and Mane have huge ceilings. Some weeks you panic not having them for a single match gameweek.

So you probably have to cover both off, just to make sure.
Two away games yes, and they may get a rest in one, but you can't tell.

But as they've won all games bar a 1-1 at our place, their hardest fixture traditionally, being away doesn't make them hard games necessarily!

Neo_Mufc

When are people thinking of using their second WC?

Also how are people treating the DGW? It's the obvious choice to triple captain a Lpool player but they do look like 2 tricky away fixtures.

Is it likely that we will see another DGW post GW34?

sheffpro

Lads, need some advice. Was top but now lost 5 in a row... Thinking of using WC
0.4M in the bank

GK Pope, Button
DEF Trent Arnold, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Pieters, Kelly
MID Ali, De Bruyne, Maddison, Martial, Mount
FW Abraham,JImenez, Vardy.

Paul_Scholes18

Lads, need some advice. Was top but now lost 5 in a row... Thinking of using WC
0.4M in the bank

GK Pope, Button
DEF Trent Arnold, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Pieters, Kelly
MID Ali, De Bruyne, Maddison, Martial, Mount
FW Abraham,JImenez, Vardy.
Good for this week, but you need more Liverpool players for the double. Mane or Salah is a must I think for then.
Maybe sell Alli for Richarlison/Mahrez if you want to wait with the wildcard 1-2 week.

I think Burnley defense will decline in the future since they have not looked that great. Palace also do not look super solid.

MVP_88

KdB will definitely outscore Vardy this week.
If he doesn’t, I’ll make 15 changes to my team next gameweek without using my wildcard.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

roseguy64

So requesting some advice.

My squad is currently:

Ryan, Gazzaniga

Pereira, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Targett, Kelly

Martial, James, KDB, Mane, Douglas Luiz

Abraham, Vardy, Rashford

I have 1.7m in the bank. I'm thinking of getting rid of James with one of my 2 FT. Gives me 7.7m for a replacement. Based on form the best value players are Sarr, Traore, Grealish and Ayoze Perez. Which one of these should I get in or select another player?

Also, replace Abraham with Ings?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

My squad is currently:

Ryan, Gazzaniga

Abraham, Vardy, Rashford

I have 1.7m in the bank. I'm thinking of getting rid of James with one of my 2 FT. Gives me 7.7m for a replacement. Based on form the best value players are Sarr, Traore, Grealish and Ayoze Perez. Which one of these should I get in or select another player?

I'm bringing in Sarr. Like what I've seen from him. I will eventually switch him to Grealish though. Abraham has better fixtures than Ings in the next few games. Might be wise to wait. I'm looking to bring him in on my wildcard.

SteveTheRed

Captaincy choice for people?
Either Vardy at home to Saints (9-0 again??) or KDB away to Villa for me.
KdB will definitely outscore Vardy this week.
If he doesn’t, I’ll make 15 changes to my team next gameweek without using my wildcard.
I just switched from Vardy to KDB. I've wanted to captain KdB for a few games this season but bottled it and he has gone on a haul. Hopefully I've got it right this time!

Anyone think Ings will slow down ? I've got a trade going in my FPL Draft team and thinking of swapping him for Jiminez.

Paul_Scholes18

Still not sure what to do with Alli. Wait, downgrade a lot or go with Richarlison/Maddison. Kane out for long is probably not good for him, but he might be even more attacking in some games.
I am feeling like I am not going to go with Salah, but I don't want to force myself to sell De Bruyne if I want Salah. In order to get him in I need to downgrade Alli into something super cheap or make further downgrades. Thus I can just wait and save a transfer.

Anyone else removing or keeping Alli?

luck&neat

Still not sure what to do with Alli. Wait, downgrade a lot or go with Richarlison/Maddison. Kane out for long is probably not good for him, but he might be even more attacking in some games.
I am feeling like I am not going to go with Salah, but I don't want to force myself to sell De Bruyne if I want Salah. In order to get him in I need to downgrade Alli into something super cheap or make further downgrades. Thus I can just wait and save a transfer.

Anyone else removing or keeping Alli?
I swapped Alli for Richarlison this GW

roseguy64

I'm bringing in Sarr. Like what I've seen from him. I will eventually switch him to Grealish though. Abraham has better fixtures than Ings in the next few games. Might be wise to wait. I'm looking to bring him in on my wildcard.
Sounds like a plan but I found something else.

roseguy64

My squad is currently:

Ryan, Gazzaniga

Abraham, Vardy, Rashford

Just checked and if I take a -4 hit I can bring in Ings, Sarr and Grealish for James, Douglas Luiz and Abraham.

Should I do it?

JakeTheRed

Just checked and if I take a -4 hit I can bring in Ings, Sarr and Grealish for James, Douglas Luiz and Abraham.

Should I do it?
Can you just do James + Abraham -> Grealish + Ings? If you take a -4 then Sarr has to do something this week for it to be worth it. Sarr's price also wont be changing tonight. On the contrary, you could bring in Sarr now instead of Grealish, considering he'll be playing City.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sod it, Fabianski in.
Half an eye on the double in 2 game weeks, yes it's Leicester and Liverpool both away, but he might get a stack of save points... either way probably has at a decent chance of outscoring another keeper that week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
1 transfer made - Ali out and Maddison in (nervous about the concussion rumours though)

Vardy (C) & KDB (VC)

Rolled my other FT to next week so I can get Salah in for free.

Good luck everyone. Think green arrows.

Paul_Scholes18

I swapped Alli for Richarlison this GW
That looks like a good move in theory based on the fixtures and based on Richarlisons potential. Although I just recently sold Richarlison since he hasn't played well. I guess the question is if you trust Everton and Anchelotti enough to get them going.

Brighton at home on paper looks tasty. Although I might want to sell him in order to get Salah/Robertson/Firmino after one week.

SteveTheRed

That looks like a good move in theory based on the fixtures and based on Richarlisons potential. Although I just recently sold Richarlison since he hasn't played well. I guess the question is if you trust Everton and Anchelotti enough to get them going.

Brighton at home on paper looks tasty. Although I might want to sell him in order to get Salah/Robertson/Firmino after one week.
I did the same at the very start of last GW...then realised it was a 2 week wait and hoped for no injuries! looks like I made it.

Paul_Scholes18

Captaining Rashford or KDB. Think I'm going for Rasher.
Do you really trust us that much or just hope we will do well?
I do think we will beat Norwich, but not destroying them based on how we have played recently.

Also if we are 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go surely Rashford has to be taken off for the rest ahead of Martial given how much he has played.

roseguy64

Can you just do James + Abraham -> Grealish + Ings? If you take a -4 then Sarr has to do something this week for it to be worth it. Sarr's price also wont be changing tonight. On the contrary, you could bring in Sarr now instead of Grealish, considering he'll be playing City.
Makes sense. Will do these two switches now then the other when the match starts.

Neo_Mufc

I've left Ings on the bench? I have 3 lesta players including 2 defenders. Should I bring him back in?

Would have to be for Rico who is probably my weakest link.

Paul_Scholes18

I've left Ings on the bench? I have 3 lesta players including 2 defenders. Should I bring him back in?

Would have to be for Rico who is probably my weakest link.
I play him and bench Alli. Might look stupid, but we will see. I don't trust Spurs against Pool, but if Alli gets a more attacking role he could be worth keeping or I will just sell him to fund a third Pool player.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Been playing hot potato with the captains armband this week. Started on Jimenez but then realised its Wolves and they're hard to predict. Put it on Mane, fixture proof and always good for at least 6pts. But I caved and moved to Vardy, Southampton at Home is just too good to turn down.

Paul_Scholes18

Been playing hot potato with the captains armband this week. Started on Jimenez but then realised its Wolves and they're hard to predict. Put it on Mane, fixture proof and always good for at least 6pts. But I caved and moved to Vardy, Southampton at Home is just too good to turn down.
I have it on Vardy again and it is a bit boring. I have had him for 5/7 last games now. Only ones I didn't have him was against Pool and City.
I have never captained De Bruyne though and maybe I should do it. Just I am never feeling sure when he will strike.

Actually looking longer back I have had him as captain for all game apart from 4 since that Southampton game. I captained him for that one too which worked well. My 5 first pick captains apart from him since my wildcard has all blanked apart from Mane vs Villa.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sod it, Fabianski in.
Half an eye on the double in 2 game weeks, yes it's Leicester and Liverpool both away, but he might get a stack of save points... either way probably has at a decent chance of outscoring another keeper that week.
And Fabianski off injured on 15mins
FOOK SAKE!!

I have their second choice as my 2nd sub I suppose if he is out for a few weeks at least for the double!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That sucks. Don't know who to transfer Pope out now for. Ryan makes sense but a lot of my work league have him so I'd rather go for Henderson, but he has Arsenal and City in the next two GW's! So... Ben Foster ?