Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

People choose them because they have great fixtures. FPL is a conservative game and its about picking right in the long run. If you're chasing, go for it, but there's every chance you just drop further if you go against the popular picks and take chances on Arsenal or say United in defence
I am obviously not going to abandon Pool defense before they start rotating. I don't know what to even do with the money so that would be suicide . Son is the only expensive player that really tempts me that I do not got that is not a Pool player in midfield. So will see what he does today.
Non nailed on defenders feels like a risk. I had Reece James before and he got dropped. Sidibe dropped last game and so on. Lundstram now as well so maybe time to sell him.
I like Doherty and might bring him in after they plays us. He has everything you want apart from playing for a side not keeping clean sheets at the moment.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Did anyone bring in Gazzaniga or plays him? Lloris back now so big blow to that move.
If you have a backup like Henderson it might be a blessing though. Surely somone with them both.
Feck had no idea Lloris was back!

Paul_Scholes18

Great Alli scores just when I sold him. Vardy injured too. My team is a mess soon might have to wildcard.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Vardy injury confirming he will be out of the team. Looks like a low scoring week for most, unless Liverpool go nuts.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Take this with a tablespoon of salt, but my mate is in a big Whatsapp group full of scousers, and someone supposedly ITK, who's been right before, has said Trent isn't starting tomorrow. Gomez right back.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So I got rid of Pope for Gazza, perfect! Can always rely on United.

Neo_Mufc

Think it's time to say Goodbye to Vardy. I have 3million in the bank.

Any ideas?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Apparently Rodgers said Vardy hasn't pulled his hammy. Really torn what to do now. Seems like he's off his game now anyway, but he'll obviously grab goals still.

Also want to get rid of Maddison.

I can do Aguero and Grealish in for -4. Or Auba as a straight swap, then Grealish in next week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wildcard looking tempting. Lots of issues come out of nowhere. That's FPL.

Paul_Scholes18

Think it's time to say Goodbye to Vardy. I have 3million in the bank.

Any ideas?
Well it is basically 2 options is it not. Aguero and Aubameyang.
Aubameyang got the better fixtures and will probably play more.
Aguero though is the better player that might explode against West Ham.

I am feeling that Aguero as captain against West Ham might be the answer still seeing how they conceded 4 against Leicester without Vardy for most of it. Then just get Martenelli and hope he plays well.

Paul_Scholes18

Wildcard looking tempting. Lots of issues come out of nowhere. That's FPL.
At least I did bring in my hero Noble. Got a cheap penalty and got me something. Should hopefully get 2 more points against Pool too.
As it stands I might have to keep playing him even after the double.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
At least I did bring in my hero Noble. Got a cheap penalty and got me something. Should hopefully get 2 more points against Pool too.
As it stands I might have to keep playing him even after the double.
I'm on 25pts with only TAA, Mane Salah left. TC is on Salah.

Vardy, Martial, Lundstram, Kelly and Dendocker (never play him) all would go on my wildcard definitely. Maybe 1 or 2 others.

Just feels right to do it. Players are all looking badly out of form and I feel the rot has set in and will only get worse if I don't.

Aguero and Auba as a front 2 is what I want to do.

Neo_Mufc

Well it is basically 2 options is it not. Aguero and Aubameyang.
Aubameyang got the better fixtures and will probably play more.
Aguero though is the better player that might explode against West Ham.

I am feeling that Aguero as captain against West Ham might be the answer still seeing how they conceded 4 against Leicester without Vardy for most of it. Then just get Martenelli and hope he plays well.
My transfer of Rashford for Calvert paid off by him getting 5points. I said if Vardy didnt return I would get rid and I feel it's time to start taking some risks. Maybe it's time for a risk. Everytime I bring in Auba he does nothing for me, but Arsenal do have some nice fixtures and that result against Chelsea could be the catalyst for something good.

Paul_Scholes18

My transfer of Rashford for Calvert paid off by him getting 5points. I said if Vardy didnt return I would get rid and I feel it's time to start taking some risks. Maybe it's time for a risk. Everytime I bring in Auba he does nothing for me, but Arsenal do have some nice fixtures and that result against Chelsea could be the catalyst for something good.
My transfers have pretty much all failed since the Liverpool blank and I fear that will give me another red arrow here. I hold onto Alli for very very long. Then I had to sell him or Martial in order to get a third Liverpool player. Picked the wrong one of course so far.
Sidibe has been pretty poor too for me.
Sold Richarlison and he scored straight away against City. Also benched Hendersons against City.
I guess Alli will score against them too next round too.

No idea what to do now. I just don't trust anything other than Liverpools players. Once they start rotating things could get fun, but ugly.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Well that Snodgrass move backfired.
Did Vardy to Aguero. Will leave the captaincy on Kun for the rest of the season now hoping for hauls. Need big haul from Trent.

Gazautd18

Take this with a tablespoon of salt, but my mate is in a big Whatsapp group full of scousers, and someone supposedly ITK, who's been right before, has said Trent isn't starting tomorrow. Gomez right back.
This will most probably happen.
I Dumped Pope. Clean sheet.
Brought in Greenwood. Blanked.
Snodgrass. Off injured.
TTA is my differential in my mini league so I expect him to now be rested.

Dan_F

My team feels like a bit of a mess and I can’t get a break. Had Pope on the bench the last two games and he gets 24 points. Ryan gets 3 against Villa and Bournemouth. Making it worse, my closest rival had the spurs keeper and his sub keeper got 6 points.

Genuinely think the better strategy might be to choose a keeper and stick with them. What’s other people experiences?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My team feels like a bit of a mess and I can’t get a break. Had Pope on the bench the last two games and he gets 24 points. Ryan gets 3 against Villa and Bournemouth. Making it worse, my closest rival had the spurs keeper and his sub keeper got 6 points.

Genuinely think the better strategy might be to choose a keeper and stick with them. What’s other people experiences?
That's always been the better strategy. The gap in points between keepers at the end of the season is simply not worth the hassle of wasting transfers. Only worth changing them if you're on a wildcard or you've got an injury.

I seem to having one shambolic week after another and am really losing in interest in this season now. If TAA doesn't start tomorrow then that would be just typical.

Already rage transferred out Vardy and Abraham for Auba and Wilson (1 week punt before switch to Ings).

Just gonna set my team up early and forget about it from now on.

Varun

Staff

Only my 2nd FPL season but yes, unless there's a run of bad fixtures at a stretch, I don't see the point of switching keepers. Don't waste money on a 2nd playing keeper for that reason.

Paul_Scholes18

Keeper rotation can be a pure nightmare. Saves and penalty saves are more common in the hard games. Thus the big hauls comes when you want to bench them.
Although I think the problem is viewing what is a hard game. Most people think us is a hard game, but I am not sure. Chelsea these days are not great in attack either. Still like to have 2 keepers, but it is mostly luck to pick the right one.

United58

I've always stuck with one keeper - this season I've been on Ryan and Button (both Brighton, so if Ryan misses a game, Button will play)

Dan_F

True. I’ve only changed one during the wildcard, haven’t wasted any transfers as such. Given the end of the season fixtures that Burnley have, I will probably look at getting rid of Ryan for a sub goalie to save money.

Was ultimately drawn in by Brighton’s run of fixtures, but hasn’t worked out at all. Also lost so many points by not having a Liverpool defender through those tough games that they kept clean sheets in.

Paul_Scholes18

I have already made two goalkeeper transfers which overall has backfired. Although those moves have still beaten most of my recent moves with attacking players.
Changing Mane and Salah back and fourth due to the rotation and suitable fixtures would have given me lots more points though so maybe that is the way. Risky too, but maybe more predictable.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Pope has scored 22 pts in two games since I moved to McCarthy (7pts)! :eek:

Team for GW 25 Looking as such:

McCarthy
Lundstram Robertson TAA
Mane Martial KDB Cantwell
Ings Jimenez Aguero

button, Soyuncu, Snodgrass, Rico

0.9m to play with. Snodgrass to Grealish has to be done for GW26.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Maddison has to go, right? Blanked in 7 of their last 8 games. Grealish much cheaper and actually doing something.

SweetRightFoot

I've always stuck with one keeper - this season I've been on Ryan and Button (both Brighton, so if Ryan misses a game, Button will play)
Yep. I had Ryan up until last week where I changed him for Henderson (the one United player I will pick :lol:). Went pretty well if I say so myself.

Paul_Scholes18

At what point do people dump Martial? Thought last night was a banker.
No idea who to really get. I don't really like many midfielders at the moment, but lots of cheap strikers.
Perez is probably the best bet. If Vardy is out and he got pens then he is a very good option.
Grealish has been very good too, but he got hard fixtures after Bournemouth.

If the window closes and we get nothing in then it is probably time to abandon us and bring in the keepers playing against us every week for a -4 ;).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd dump all United players now personally. Without Rashford we're going to really struggle for goals. Not scored in our last 4 games he's not played in apparently.

I was tempted to wildcard last night when Vardy got injured but it sounds like it's nothing and he will be okay to play next weekend when the PL resumes again after the FA cup break.

Also did Pope out for McCarthy two weeks ago. Looked a solid move on paper but obviously you can't account for penalty saves and a clean sheet at Old Trafford.

Paul_Scholes18

I'd dump all United players now personally. Without Rashford we're going to really struggle for goals. Not scored in our last 4 games he's not played in apparently.

I was tempted to wildcard last night when Vardy got injured but it sounds like it's nothing and he will be okay to play next weekend when the PL resumes again after the FA cup break.

Also did Pope out for McCarthy two weeks ago. Looked a solid move on paper but obviously you can't account for penalty saves and a clean sheet at Old Trafford.
Vardy out or not is still hard. I would rather have Aguero and Auba I think. Still maybe best to hold him one week and then do it.

Paul_Scholes18

Agreed. I'm saving transfer and reevaluating GW 26.
I don't really want to carry Noble though after the double, but if I uppgrade him then I can't get them.
Maybe it would be best to wildcard since I would pretty much like to rebuild my team completely at the moment.
Still apart from Auba and Aguero there is not that much that I really want and think could explode for me and I would need massive surgery to get them both. Tripple Liverpool defense with no Mane or Salah would be slightly tempting though as a way to afford them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't really want to carry Noble though after the double, but if I uppgrade him then I can't get them.
Maybe it would be best to wildcard since I would pretty much like to rebuild my team completely at the moment.
Still apart from Auba and Aguero there is not that much that I really want and think could explode for me and I would need massive surgery to get them both. Tripple Liverpool defense with no Mane or Salah would be slightly tempting though as a way to afford them.
I'm close to the WC button for sure. Lundstram, Soyuncu, Martial, Vardy, Dendoncker would probably all go for me if I did.

Just feel like it will be more beneficial to wait until around GW30-32

Paul_Scholes18

I'm close to the WC button for sure. Lundstram, Soyuncu, Martial, Vardy, Dendoncker would probably all go for me if I did.

Just feel like it will be more beneficial to wait until around GW30-32
Going to be many blank weeks and double gameweeks to come so good to keep it.
Still Pep is going to rotate so it might not be amazing to load up on City for them.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Lundstram is a worry now if he's not starting games. And Soyuncu isn't keeping clean sheets either. Is Ayoze Perez a trap ? 6.1m, just got some hauls. If Vardy is out for a while worth a shout ?

Neo_Mufc

My transfers have pretty much all failed since the Liverpool blank and I fear that will give me another red arrow here. I hold onto Alli for very very long. Then I had to sell him or Martial in order to get a third Liverpool player. Picked the wrong one of course so far.
Sidibe has been pretty poor too for me.
Sold Richarlison and he scored straight away against City. Also benched Hendersons against City.
I guess Alli will score against them too next round too.

No idea what to do now. I just don't trust anything other than Liverpools players. Once they start rotating things could get fun, but ugly.
I've gone with the approach that just take 3 lpool and the best player from teams who have a nice 3-4 games coming up.

I held on to Leicester assets for way too long! and last night I got rid of Vardy for Auba. He's 10.7, this is the second time I'm bringing him in but if Man Utd or Tottenham can't score goals and Aguero sits on the bench one week then whats the point.

I'd rather have a striker on the pitch 90mins than 20.

CL is around the corner too. I expect Pep to piss a lot of people off! infact I have Mahrez too and he's only been in my team 2 weeks and done nothing(he was benched after that villa game!). I'll give him 1 more week otherwise it's goodbye.