Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Nickosaur

This is my current wildcard team...

Henderson / McCarthy

TAA / Baldock / Stephens (Williams, Lascelles)

Salah / KDB / Barnes / Traore (Snodgrass)

Auba / Firmino / Ings

With 0.7m ITB.
Think there’s too many gambles in midfield BUT I’d have a full team for bgw 28, with McCarthy coming off the bench.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Henderson / McCarthy

Auba / Firmino / Ings

With 0.7m ITB.
Think there’s too many gambles in midfield BUT I’d have a full team for bgw 28, with McCarthy coming off the bench.
Not bad and fairly similar to mine. I got Pope over McCarthy and Jiminez over Firmino and have VVD instead as my 3rd Liv player. I also went Aguero over Auba but keep changing my mind on that one.

Paul_Scholes18

Henderson / McCarthy

Auba / Firmino / Ings

With 0.7m ITB.
Test something more agressive on a wildcard would be my advice. Like a Son or even Jesus as a punt. Much harder to do it with free transfers unless you sell Salah and De bruyne. Do you really want Stephens to start most weeks too?

Nickosaur

Test something more agressive on a wildcard would be my advice. Like a Son or even Jesus as a punt. Much harder to do it with free transfers unless you sell Salah and De bruyne. Do you really want Stephens to start most weeks too?
Stephens next fixtures are Burnley (H), Villa (H), West Ham (A) and Newcastle (H). As a 4.4 defender in an improving team, I'm happy with him starting.

I'm still looking at Bergwijn as a punt, but I don't really trust the more expensive mids like Son, Sterling or Mahrez. I appreciate they will be tough to get in if they suddenly explode - but a lot of teams will have the same problem.

United58

Wildcard active, £0.3m ITB.

Henderson - Button

TAA - Baldock - Soyuncu - Lascelles - Williams

Mané - Salah - KDB - Grealish - Traore

Auba - Ings - Greenwood​

Thoughts?

Paul_Scholes18

Henderson - Button

Auba - Ings - Greenwood​

Thoughts?
Mccarthy, Gomez, Son, Martenelli in. Mane, Button, Soyuncu, Greenwood out. Grealish got a blank soon so would avoid him. Although few good cheap options in midfield he might still be one of the best. Aguero over Auba potentially too then get Vardy for Norwich.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Henderson - Button

Auba - Ings - Greenwood​

Thoughts?
Solid that mate. Martinelli over Greenwood might be better bet though. More likely to play and better fixtures. Other than that.....pretty damn good I'd say.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Everton are good for goals. I'd want a Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin if I was wildcarding.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Tempted to switch back from Aguero to Auba now. His next 3 games are all at home and both him n Aguero blank in 28 so no worse off. Cheaper too.

United58

Solid that mate. Martinelli over Greenwood might be better bet though. More likely to play and better fixtures. Other than that.....pretty damn good I'd say.
Mccarthy, Gomez, Son, Martenelli in. Mane, Button, Soyuncu, Greenwood out. Grealish got a blank soon so would avoid him. Although few good cheap options in midfield he might still be one of the best. Aguero over Auba potentially too then get Vardy for Norwich.
Cheers for that :) I'm looking at Soyuncu, Mane, Greenwood -> Gomez, Son, Martinelli atm. Looks good but nervous about getting rid of Mane :nervous:

Paul_Scholes18

Cheers for that :) I'm looking at Soyuncu, Mane, Greenwood -> Gomez, Son, Martinelli atm. Looks good but nervous about getting rid of Mane :nervous:
If yout got tripple Pool it should not be bad. They will probably get a clean sheet and Salah will score one. Thus Mane needs to score two to hurt you.
Few might still have him and few will captain him.
Big chance that Mane gets a rest too and might get 30 minutes or 55-60 if he starts. Although once he is in full fitness again you might want him back.
Although I think personally one expensive Pool attacker is enough since they cost so much.

I think Ighalo in reduces the potential minutes that Greenwood will get. Martenelli could be dropped, but Pepe, Özil and Lacazette has not performed so it would be strange if they did that.

Getting Mccarthy in is very good for the blank. You do want one keeper for that week and selling Henderson is not the best move.
Also good with two keepers for future double gameweeks and your bench boost.
Henderson will play us sadly in one potential double so he is only going to get one game that time.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Tempted to switch back from Aguero to Auba now. His next 3 games are all at home and both him n Aguero blank in 28 so no worse off. Cheaper too.
I'd love to do the same but main rival has Aguero, and I don't like the idea of not having him in that battle.

Also, are Arteta's Arsenal gonna score big against current Newcastle? I'm not sure.

Then they've got Everton, which on paper is a tougher game, but I'd fancy them to score more in the Everton game actually, and then they blank - as do City.

I dunno, Aubergine is similar to Sonny for me in that while I respect the player's ability greatly, I'm not sure I trust the team.

United58

If yout got tripple Pool it should not be bad. They will probably get a clean sheet and Salah will score one. Thus Mane needs to score two to hurt you.
Few might still have him and few will captain him.
Big chance that Mane gets a rest too and might get 30 minutes or 55-60 if he starts. Although once he is in full fitness again you might want him back.
Although I think personally one expensive Pool attacker is enough since they cost so much.

I think Ighalo in reduces the potential minutes that Greenwood will get. Martenelli could be dropped, but Pepe, Özil and Lacazette has not performed so it would be strange if they did that.

Getting Mccarthy in is very good for the blank. You do want one keeper for that week and selling Henderson is not the best move.
Also good with two keepers for future double gameweeks and your bench boost.
Henderson will play us sadly in one potential double so he is only going to get one game that time.
I've gone Grealish, Greenwood, Button -> Cantwell, Martinelli, McCarthy so far. Can still go Mane, Soyuncu -> Son, Gomez if Mane looks like he'll miss out closer to the deadline. Cheers for your advice :)

Paul_Scholes18

I've gone Grealish, Greenwood, Button -> Cantwell, Martinelli, McCarthy so far. Can still go Mane, Soyuncu -> Son, Gomez if Mane looks like he'll miss out closer to the deadline. Cheers for your advice :)
Sadly the deadline is one week before they play. Good to wait since I guess you have value in Mane.
It is the same for 12/20 teams. Sheffield and City play this week so should be most safe with injury news from them.
Although pretty much noone got any City defenders so Laporte playing or not should not be a factor. Sterling could be.
I guess De Bruyne might get 1 extra point potentially with Laporte around ;).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd love to do the same but main rival has Aguero, and I don't like the idea of not having him in that battle.

Also, are Arteta's Arsenal gonna score big against current Newcastle? I'm not sure.

Then they've got Everton, which on paper is a tougher game, but I'd fancy them to score more in the Everton game actually, and then they blank - as do City.

I dunno, Aubergine is similar to Sonny for me in that while I respect the player's ability greatly, I'm not sure I trust the team.
Hendo--(Pope)

TAA---VVD--Boly--(Lascelles, Tanganga)

Mahrez--Salah--KDB--Traore--(Fleck)

Ings--Auba--Jiminez

Feel comfortable going without Aguero for this one game as I have Mahrez n KDB to cover. I will move one of them on before the blank though. Not sure which yet.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hendo--(Pope)

Ings--Auba--Jiminez

Feel comfortable going without Aguero for this one game as I have Mahrez n KDB to cover. I will move one of them on before the blank though. Not sure which yet.
Mahrez and KDB...? But no Aguero?

Also, Boly (vs Foxes) starting over Tanganga (vs Villa)?

You're a better player than me so you're probably right, but to me those calls feel a bit off.

Paul_Scholes18

Everton are good for goals. I'd want a Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin if I was wildcarding.
They have not been this season really. 31 goals scored from 25 games. Very poor fixtures to come for goals.
Us at home was good for them last season, but Ole will probably play a defensive side this time around.
This might be the worst time to invest in them so far this season.

Lewin for his cost has been good though. Although many options around that cost with much easier fixtures and similar returns overall this season.

Paul_Scholes18

Hendo--(Pope)

Ings--Auba--Jiminez

What makes you so bloody confident in Wolves right now? They are such a hard side to predict.
Is going to focus on Europa league and might rotate in the league a bit.
Boly just back from injury too and they have barely got any clean sheets.
Although with Boly I expect the defending from them to improve.

Norwich and Brighton soon looks tasty, but we have seen them often manage to get 1-1 draws with a Moutinho goal or something like that in those types of fixtures.
3 players from them feels way over the top.
I would go with Doherty from them on a wildcard and probably Jiminez if I would go for them. Although I know Doherty might be one of the guys being rotated just like Traore might be.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Henderson - Button

Auba - Ings - Greenwood​

Thoughts?
Both Williams and Greenwood don't get much game time. You'll want your subs for the blank gw28 where Baldock, KDB and Grealish don't play, and also if Mane doesn't play the next game.
Ings isn't in form now either. I'd consider changing him out, unless you think he's gonna do well again sharpish.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mahrez and KDB...? But no Aguero?

Also, Boly (vs Foxes) starting over Tanganga (vs Villa)?

You're a better player than me so you're probably right, but to me those calls feel a bit off.
Yeah I feel Auba will score more PTS than Aguero over next 4 ganeweeks and he's cheaper.

Mahrez is only going to be 1/2 game punt with Sterling injured.

KDB isn't leaving my team. He's absolutey gold this season.

Also......I haven't picked my starting 11 yet for next game. Tanganga could easily start over Boly. He just won't start most weeks as I think Davies might get back in side soon.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What makes you so bloody confident in Wolves right now? They are such a hard side to predict.
Is going to focus on Europa league and might rotate in the league a bit.
Boly just back from injury too and they have barely got any clean sheets.
Although with Boly I expect the defending from them to improve.

Norwich and Brighton soon looks tasty, but we have seen them often manage to get 1-1 draws with a Moutinho goal or something like that in those types of fixtures.
3 players from them feels way over the top.
I would go with Doherty from them on a wildcard and probably Jiminez if I would go for them. Although I know Doherty might be one of the guys being rotated just like Traore might be.
They have great fixtures and players back fit. They also are one of only two fixtures to have guaranteed game in gw31 so 3 players is essential for that.

Paul_Scholes18

They have great fixtures and players back fit. They also are one of only two fixtures to have guaranteed game in gw31 so 3 players is essential for that.
3/5 good fixtures up to the blank. Also Wolves is one of those sides that rarely smash the weaker teams and often do well in the big games.
Free hit for the blank?
You might be right that they will have it fun against Norwich, but I would put more faith in Leicester with Vardy/ Perez having fun against them the weak after.

United58

Both Williams and Greenwood don't get much game time. You'll want your subs for the blank gw28 where Baldock, KDB and Grealish don't play, and also if Mane doesn't play the next game.
Ings isn't in form now either. I'd consider changing him out, unless you think he's gonna do well again sharpish.
I've changed up my team a bit, I'm now

Henderson - McCarthy

Salah - Mane - KDB - Traore - Cantwell

Auba - Ings - Martinelli​

£1.0m ITB. Ings has a nice run of games and there's not many options up top so I'd say I'll keep him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
3/5 good fixtures up to the blank. Also Wolves is one of those sides that rarely smash the weaker teams and often do well in the big games.
Free hit for the blank?
You might be right that they will have it fun against Norwich, but I would put more faith in Leicester with Vardy/ Perez having fun against them the weak after.
I have made another change this morning. I had money to swap out Tanganga and bring in Stephens (Southampton) so I can bench Boly this week now if I want to. Tanganga only a good option if Davies doesn't come back in but it seems like he could. Not worth the risk as I wouldn't want to spend a valuable transfer on such a cheap player.

Paul_Scholes18

I have made another change this morning. I had money to swap out Tanganga and bring in Stephens (Southampton) so I can bench Boly this week now if I want to. Tanganga only a good option if Davies doesn't come back in but it seems like he could. Not worth the risk as I wouldn't want to spend a valuable transfer on such a cheap player.
I would try to bring in Son. He is not exploding, but scoring regulary again. He is the guy I wish I could get for this week, but can't justify taking many hits for yet to get. Could sell De Bruyne, but I do not want to sell him with all the value I got on him. I could captain Son, but Salah just feels too safe to avoid.

Since this is your wildcard do you try to plan for the double gameweeks? Do you have the bench boost still? TC? Free hit?
Think Son is the top guy for the doubles for me. Vardy my second guy. This is if they win in the Fa cup, but I think they will.
I would want Pereira for the defense then. Pool could be good too even after the league is won and that would be easiest for you if they are still in the cup.
If TAA start to play less it might be time to try something else then with all that cash.

For me I will just use my wildcard to deal with that so really no need to think much about it. Henderson can't play against us, but I might have someone else
for that game then even if I keep him. Just can''t do bench boost perfectly if I have him. I do wonder if De Bruyne will start getting rotated at some point or if he is the one City player that is safe for the City doubles. My current plan is just keeping him as long as he starts. If he looks safe for the doubles then I might just captain him or even TC.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Agreed. Sons looking like a must now but I need to take two hits to get him in. Or Mane > Son. Not worth.

Paul_Scholes18

Agreed. Sons looking like a must now but I need to take two hits to get him in. Or Mane > Son. Not worth.
Fixing the cheap part of the defense is not going to reward me with much, but doesn't feel good having 10 starters in your team potentially.
Even though 2-3 performing players normally beats 4-5 average ones with poor form.

Neo_Mufc

I can't seem to find any gems flying about or players that I want in the future apart from Jiminez.

I need to float off Mahrez, he's a sitting duck at 8.5million and hasn't done diddly squat for me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've changed up my team a bit, I'm now

Henderson - McCarthy

Salah - Mane - KDB - Traore - Cantwell

Auba - Ings - Martinelli​

£1.0m ITB. Ings has a nice run of games and there's not many options up top so I'd say I'll keep him
I'd change Williams while you're on WC. Fernandez has picked up points recently. You can afford Stevens too, or O'Connell if you want some spare cash. Would mean a lot of Sheff in defence but they get points at the end of the day and will make a dead good first sub.

Paul_Scholes18

I can't seem to find any gems flying about or players that I want in the future apart from Jiminez.

I need to float off Mahrez, he's a sitting duck at 8.5million and hasn't done diddly squat for me.
Not sure Jiminez is a gem nor Ings. They are popular and have performed for a long time.
Them plus one of the big 3 seems ideal right now. Abraham is off form totally.

I think if hidden means they have not been great before then I think Ayew could apply.
Nice fixtures and only 5 million. Palace barely scores at the moment though, but maybe they will gain energy by the break?
Van Aanholt could be a differential. A bit expensive, but has been good in attack in past seasons.
Zaha could get going again too, but may cost more.
Martenelli could be a gem, but risky if he starts or not.

Redmond has been pretty poor this season and no sane person would pick him over Ings.
Although it could be something different if you want to load up on Saints. He can be streaky when he is in form.
I say Southampton probably got the second best fixtures after Liverpool at the moment. Over next 6 games they probably has
the best run since Pool plays City before they do.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Was happy with my team a week or so ago but have hit the wildcard. Targetting teams with a good run of fixtures over the next 5 games, and how to safely navigate the blanks in GW28. Have put a fair bit of thought into this and happy with.

Henderson---McCarthy
TAA---Gomez---Boly---O'Connell---Walker Peters
Salah---De Bruyne---Traore---Barnes---Mooy
Aguero---Jimenez---Ings

db-hero

WC activated, not 100% sure but now it looks like this:

Henderson - McCarthy
TAA - Stevens - Stephens - Tanganga - Lascelles
Son - KDB - Salah - Traore - Cantwell
Firmino - Jimenez - Ings

Thoughts? Some other players that must get in?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
WC activated, not 100% sure but now it looks like this:

Henderson - McCarthy
TAA - Stevens - Stephens - Tanganga - Lascelles
Son - KDB - Salah - Traore - Cantwell
Firmino - Jimenez - Ings

Thoughts? Some other players that must get in?
Tanganga n Stephens both been in my Wildcard draft this week but be careful. Saints now have KWP on loan from Spurs who is surely going to start ahead of him. Ben Davies is also back fit now for Spurs so Tanganga might not keep his place.