Fantasy Premier League 19/20

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
My current team:

Ryan
TAA Lundstrom Soyuncu
Salah KDB Maddison Mount
Ings Vardy Calvert-Lewin

Question: Do i keep my front 3 and trade Mount for Mahrez (i got the extra cash)

Or do i keep mount and get aguero / firminho?

I think it should be Aguero as i expect City to pummel West Ham. But firminho seems like a cheaper long term choice with Liverpool having very good fixtures

Paul_Scholes18

Vardy to Firmy?
Would not do it. Rather go with double defense.
Firmino has yet to score at Anfield.
He is getting many assists, but they do not give the biggest hauls with less bonus.
Think Vardy will start scoring again. Still do not trust any other teams defenders over the Pool ones.

I can't imagine your defense being good enough to exclude Pool defenders.
Personally think the top 4 defenders at the moment are Pool ones based on form and fixtures.
Firmino is good though just that they got better options and you can only pick 3.

United58

I'd change Williams while you're on WC. Fernandez has picked up points recently. You can afford Stevens too, or O'Connell if you want some spare cash. Would mean a lot of Sheff in defence but they get points at the end of the day and will make a dead good first sub.
Cheers, went Williams -> Fernández

Nickosaur

How nailed is Lascelles? Bargain at 4.2 but not sure if Schar or Fernandez would be a safer bet...

edit - just checked Schar's minutes, he's a bit out of favour at the moment. Looks to be Fernandez, Clark and Lascelles with the most minutes, think Lascelles should be safe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is getting many assists, but they do not give the biggest hauls with less bonus.
Think Vardy will start scoring again. Still do not trust any other teams defenders over the Pool ones.

Personally think the top 4 defenders at the moment are Pool ones based on form and fixtures.
Firmino is good though just that they got better options and you can only pick 3.
I do have TAA. I'd just be nervous that it's a huge amount of wad into a defence, when it's Norwich away, who they could absolutely drill.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I do have TAA. I'd just be nervous that it's a huge amount of wad into a defence, when it's Norwich away, who they could absolutely drill.
Firmino has been gathering momentum for sure and I think will definitely haul against Norwich - he is also due a haul at Anfield, and make no mistake it will come soon.

He's been more lively in recent weeks, his last 3 gameweeks bringing in 7, 2 and 11 points.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Firmino has been gathering momentum or sure and I think will definitely haul against Norwich - he is also due a haul at Anfield, and make no mistake it will come soon.

He's been more lively in recent weeks, his last 3 gameweeks bringing in 7, 2 and 11 points.
Liverpool have not gone for big wins and smashing teams under Klopp much this season. I know they can do it, but we have seen a more conservative approch.
That has helped the defense more than the attack.
We will see if Klopp saves energy and gas for CL or not.
Maybe they will start attacking teams more since it is won and they can risk conceding more goals? Although I think they will use the same style up to the point the title is secured.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Firmino has been gathering momentum or sure and I think will definitely haul against Norwich - he is also due a haul at Anfield, and make no mistake it will come soon.

I think it's that frustration that Salah and Mane will be breaking their necks to get up the pitch, and he'll be messing about on the half way line, nowhere near the points action.

Paul_Scholes18

I think it's that frustration that Salah and Mane will be breaking their necks to get up the pitch, and he'll be messing about on the half way line, nowhere near the points action.
Who gets the rest near the end might be key too. I think Mane is the first sub if he starts.
Then Salah or Firmino might be a bit 50/50.
Salah has been scoring a lot near the end recently so we will see if he plays the full 90.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I dropped Mane on my wildcard as didn't feel both Mane n Salah together were needed. Also with Atletico game 3 days after their next league game will Mane be risked when they have a 22pt lead?

Nickosaur

This is my current wildcard team...

Henderson / McCarthy

TAA / Baldock / Stephens (Williams, Lascelles)

Salah / KDB / Barnes / Traore (Snodgrass)

Auba / Firmino / Ings

With 0.7m ITB.
Think there’s too many gambles in midfield BUT I’d have a full team for bgw 28, with McCarthy coming off the bench.
Okay I'm now thinking of this:

Henderson (McCarthy)
TAA / O'Connell / Stephens (Lascelles, Williams)
Salah / KDB / Bergwijn / Traore (Mooy)
Auba / Firmino / Ings

0.0 ITB.

Feels a bit more rounded than before.

Nickosaur

Looks good, who you Capping?

Firmino to haul vs Norwich imo.
Leaning towards KDB. With Sterling out (and not stinking up their attack) he might have license to roam against a poor WHU defence.

Or I'll chicken out and just leave it on Salah. . .

Paul_Scholes18

Okay I'm now thinking of this:

Henderson (McCarthy)
TAA / O'Connell / Stephens (Lascelles, Williams)
Salah / KDB / Bergwijn / Traore (Mooy)
Auba / Firmino / Ings

0.0 ITB.

Feels a bit more rounded than before.
Nice balance and great attack for this week. Since you can't wildcard again I would go much stronger in defense though.
Although if you ignore the double gameweeks and blanks then it looks good for now.

Bench boost normally only give you like 10-15 points extra from a double unless there are many cheap gems out there.
15+ if you are lucky with maybe 2 clean sheets from your cheap defenders/keeper and some save points from your keeper.
So do not think it will matter much for you anyway.
I always like getting at least 13 players with a double when I use my bench boost.
Although it rarely rewards you with much unless you are lucky.
A good captain haul with Aguero or Salah gives you around the same.

This year could be much better though if Martenelli and maybe Greenwood will play. It would free up so much cash.
Add Ings to them and maybe Vardy if you spend a lot and you will have enough money for the other positions.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wildcard locked in ( I think )

TAA, Salah n VVD = my 3 Scouse lot

Jiminez, Aguero, Ings = Front 3

Aguero (c) Salah (VC)

Good luck everyone. Think Green arrows.

Paul_Scholes18

Wildcard locked in ( I think )

TAA, Salah n VVD = my 3 Scouse lot

Jiminez, Aguero, Ings = Front 3

Aguero (c) Salah (VC)

Good luck everyone. Think Green arrows.
Your faith rest in Peps hand. I have 3 red in a row so need something different this week.
It is not going to be Aguero though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Your faith rest in Peps hand. I have 3 red in a row so need something different this week.
It is not going to be Aguero though.
Westham at home is just too tempting tbh mate. Aguero could easily get 3/4 returns in this one if City are on it and I don't want to miss out. Sterling is missing too so he'll get more of the chances as well.

Vardy to come back in for Aguero is the provisional plan for gw28. Or maybe a wildcard striker and beef up midfield. Not decided yet.

Paul_Scholes18

Westham at home is just too tempting tbh mate. Aguero could easily get 3/4 returns in this one if City are on it and I don't want to miss out. Sterling is missing too so he'll get more of the chances as well.

Vardy to come back in for Aguero is the provisional plan for gw28. Or maybe a wildcard striker and beef up midfield. Not decided yet.
I am tempted to go with Jesus. Massive differential, but it would be a one weak punt. Or Son that makes more sense long term. Mahrez as well as a one week punt.
Sticking with Auba though so Aguero ruled out.
In the end I will play boring and get hurt for it, by changing my defense.
Although I am feeling that Son could be the guy to have. Not just for now, but for the rest of the season.

If Son is the highest scoring fantasy player for the rest of the season it would not shock me at all.
For now Salah is probably the best bet for many points and Klopp might not rotate much at all even with the league won.
Aguero will probably still have the highest goal per minute. It is just the question about how many minutes he will get.

Rhyme Animal

Chasing my main ML rival - he's a Liverpool fan, is getting increasingly annoying (understandably, I guess, but still annoying) he's about 30 points ahead and has pretty poor team value.

Lads, do I pull the trigger on this...

--------------------Henderson------------------
TAA----------------Gomez------------O'Connell
Barnes------Son----------Salah------De Bruyne
-------Ings---------Aguero-------Martinelli------

Sub Bench - McCarthy - Egan - Lascelles - Cantwell

I've spent fecking ages jigging things 'round to get to this squad - is it sexy? Do I pull the trigger on this?

And again, Mini League rival is a mouthy Liverpool fan, 30 point lead but fairly low team value...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Holgate benched for Everton. Feels like the Wildcard already vindicated right there. He would have just been another issue on top of quite a few that had recently come about.

Paul_Scholes18

Holgate benched for Everton. Feels like the Wildcard already vindicated right there. He would have just been another issue on top of quite a few that had recently come about.
You would not want him long term anyway with the fixtures they got.
Sidibe still in my side. This was supposed to be his last game. Kelly injured too.

I am going to be out of 10k for a while. Poor short term thinking, bad luck with Mane, combined with my players getting dropped has cost me this.
Just need to bounce back for the doubles with my wildcard and use the free hit well. Also got TC left.

Paul_Scholes18

Man I am having some sick luck here potentially. Sidibe on after 26 minutes as a winger due to Walcott injury. If he scores bloody hell.

roseguy64

Didn't realise there would be matches this weekend so failed to use my wildcard to change my team up. This is disappointing.

I got the notification yesterday but dismissed it and thought it was a mistake. Channel scrolling just now and seen a match on then checked the schedule and realised.

I have injured players in my squad. Oh well.

Rhyme Animal

Didn't realise there would be matches this weekend so failed to use my wildcard to change my team up. This is disappointing.

I got the notification yesterday but dismissed it and thought it was a mistake. Channel scrolling just now and seen a match on then checked the schedule and realised.

I have injured players in my squad. Oh well.
What's your first 11 mate? Might still turn out ok.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Even with poor fixtures (always go with form). Everton attackers are doing well and if you can, bring them in.

I'm only going to keep Aguero for two game weeks and then ship him out for gw28. CL rotation is going to become after that.

Paul_Scholes18

Ryan

Kelly, Pereira, Lundstram

Mane, Martial, Grealish, KDB

Ings, Vardy, Greenwood

Targett is first sub to replace Kelly.
That look like a potential nightmare this week.
Keeping Mane so risky. No Aguero nor Son around.
Also no TAA or Pool defender.
Lundstram probably benched too.

Let us just hope Cantwell can score against the Pool defense and keep that clean sheet ;).

Paul_Scholes18

Even with poor fixtures (always go with form). Everton attackers are doing well and if you can, bring them in.

I'm only going to keep Aguero for two game weeks and then ship him out for gw28. CL rotation is going to become after that.
Should you go with them over form and fixtures? Feels risky to bring in players just cause they scored against weaker teams.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Should you go with them over form and fixtures? Feels risky to bring in players just cause they scored against weaker teams.
Well they scored 3 goals today against Palace who have as good a defence as Everton's next 3 games; Arsenal away, Utd at home, Chelsea away. Not saying they'll win but that's not the point. The question we need to ask is do we expect all of those sides to keep clean sheets ? I don't, I fancy Richarlison and Lewin to get returns.

Paul_Scholes18

Well they scored 3 goals today against Palace who have as good a defence as Everton's next 3 games; Arsenal away, Utd at home, Chelsea away. Not saying they'll win but that's not the point. The question we need to ask is do we expect all of those sides to keep clean sheets ? I don't, I fancy Richarlison and Lewin to get returns.
A lot depend on if they change tactics as well. Richarlison is very up and down. I brought in him after great form and he did almost nothing. Also started with him this season and that didn't go that well. Could easily see him blank in all 3 and pick up cards as well. Should not always go by history, but he is very frustrating to own. So much talent and potential, but rarely lives up to it for longer spells.
It might just be my being poor at reading Richarlisons form, but I have been burnt by him more than any other player the last 3 years.
Granted maybe I shall pick him when I do not think he will do great.

Lewin is cheap enough to justify so I understand picking him and I might potentially do it since it frees up some cash for the midfield and defense. He got a nice return against Chelsea the last time around. Although it was under Big Dunc and different tactics.
Jiminez and Wolves rarely beats the smaller teams by a lot though. Otherwise it would be easier to justify him against the likes of Norwich.
Still feels like a better bet because playing against Norwich is just too tempting, but he is much more expensive.
Ings with the fixtures he got much better bet too, but you need a third striker.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City v Westham is OFF. If this game isnt rescheduled for this same gameweek then I'm done for. Oh dear....

Paul_Scholes18

City v Westham is OFF. If this game isnt rescheduled for this same gameweek then I'm done for. Oh dear....
Better look up the wheater forecast ;) I didn't play fantasy 10 years ago. Although remember when we played Birmingham in extreme snow and half the games were off.
Naturally they should move that game into the future unless it can be played tomorrow.
They could put it in next week without a winter break. Pep and Moyes will probably not do a Klopp then.
If not we then got 4 City doubles probably in the future or maybe 3 since they will probably move one of them to a City blank week.

You got Salah vice captain right so not that bad then. Most people got De Bruyne anyway. I am down to 10 men now so if you have a bench you will probably beat me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only positive of this postponement is at least it's in this odd two week gameweek. Therefore they should either be able to move midweek or to next weekend.