Fantasy Premier League 19/20

VeevaVee

despite the protests, wears Ugg boots
Scout
I dare say totally pointless, but used my two free transfers to ship Auba and Firmy for Vardy and Jimi.

Free up quite a fund to tidy up elsewhere.
What if they get injured while getting back fitness? If there's no mid-pre-season there'll be some heavy training surely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What if they get injured while getting back fitness? If there's no mid-pre-season there'll be some heavy training surely.
What if the ones i took out got injured though.
It's freebie transfers to shape the team. No loss at all really.

If it restarts, there won't be any weird skewed weeks with half teams not playing. So a wildcard could sort it out anyway.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

This is odd, not only am I moving up in the rankings a little bit each game week, but also, my team value has increased by 0.4 since they stopped playing.

Some people just can't get enough, I guess.

I've been making a transfer every week since the lockdown mate, my team was in dire need of changes and I'm in my best ever season .

I must have made about half a dozen transfers so far and for the first time in ages I'm really happy with the team!. So if the season doesn't restart I'm going to be in tears mate .

IT is possible though that these will be the prices which are in place for next season . Took a screenshot of the team just in case

Reactions: Rood

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I was going to make use of the FT's but I'm happy with what I've got bar a Spurs attacker.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
not sure what has happened to the game here? looks like it has all reset?!

Im waiting for it to resume as I was having a good season and on the way to cash prizes in my minileague

Samid

follows Pogue around, fixing his images
not sure what has happened to the game here? looks like it has all reset?!

Im waiting for it to resume as I was having a good season and on the way to cash prizes in my minileague
Hasn't reset. The deadline for the original GW38 has passed so for now it's looking like how it normally does after GW38 ("My team" tab is gone and you can't make further transfers). This will obviously chance if/when the remaining fixture list is released. Until that point you can't make further transfers because there is no GW39 for the time being.

Will be interesting to see how they solve it. Will there be one gigantic GW39 with all fixtures or will they down the normal 10 games per GW route. The latter makes the most sense but it will also be a nightmare for the developers because the game isn't coded/designed to work like that.

I don't get why they didn't just freeze the game when the league was suspended. Would have saved them so much hassle down the line.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep it was inexplicable allowing people to piss about and make transfers. They'll arguably have had a bit of an advantage on others who didn't, if they make it a 9Gameweek competition going forward.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ye it was strange they left it going with transfers etc - there were even fixtures in the Head 2 Head leagues, I won mine after a run of 8 bus parking 0-0 draws !

Last edited:

VeevaVee

despite the protests, wears Ugg boots
Scout
Says this when you try to make a transfer now:
'This game has now finished. Thanks for your interest, come back soon to select your squad for next season's game.'

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Says this when you try to make a transfer now:
'This game has now finished. Thanks for your interest, come back soon to select your squad for next season's game.'
Very strange.

I run a big work league and asked for a few opinions when it stopped.
The guy odds on to win was comfy with either a roll over or a charity donation if it doesn't finish, which was good of him.

But I am still monitoring the premier league. They still sound stubborn about playing it out.

ROFLUTION

Yep it was inexplicable allowing people to piss about and make transfers. They'll arguably have had a bit of an advantage on others who didn't, if they make it a 9Gameweek competition going forward.
Inexplicable? They basically wrote a statement so we all knew it was a possibility to swap out our teams slowly

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Inexplicable? They basically wrote a statement so we all knew it was a possibility to swap out our teams slowly
Not everyone is so keen they'd have been on the site. They wouldn't think to. Football was shut down!

ROFLUTION

Not everyone is so keen they'd have been on the site. They wouldn't think to. Football was shut down!
Ahh, I know there's been corona and all, but surely not checking for an update anywhere for like 6-8 gameweeks, also mean that it's quite alright if you miss out on information. Surely they had to take action too and go a direction, so everyone knew what was going to happen.

It takes a lot of coding effort to rearrange/hault this sort of complex competition, so to me it all seems fair to stick with current code + they didnt knew back then what was going to happen with Premier League games.