Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Nickosaur

I made a load of transfers. Then realised it's probably best to use Free Hit this week.

And now I'm realising that my team will revert back to what it was before the break.... not the one with all my fresh transfers in? (From what I'm reading on reddit).

I can't remember who was in my team before I started making transfers this week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does anyone else wonder why people get hung up on team value and banked money late on?
8 or 9 game weeks left. Only points matter.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I made a load of transfers. Then realised it's probably best to use Free Hit this week.

And now I'm realising that my team will revert back to what it was before the break.... not the one with all my fresh transfers in? (From what I'm reading on reddit).

I can't remember who was in my team before I started making transfers this week!
You can view your transfer history on the site.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Bench boost (still have my WC and free hit)

Leno Reina

O Connell Stevens Laporte Robertson Cathcart

KdB Fleck Grealish McGinn Fernandes

Aguero Aubameyang Jota

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Made my transfers. Put in lots of Villa nd Sheffield United players. Think City and Arsenal are poison chalices. City will rotate 100% and Arsenal barely have a starting 11 that are consistent.

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
Graelish, Fernandes, Salah, KDB
Aubamayang, DCL, Jiminez

Subs: Lord Button, Egan, O'Connell, Douglas Luiz

Happy with that to go into the final stretch. Ideally wanted Vardy but impossible to put him in and not feck up the rest of the team. Will see if Liverpool rest players after winning the league, that will be the time to act I guess.

luck&neat

Does anyone else wonder why people get hung up on team value and banked money late on?
8 or 9 game weeks left. Only points matter.
Of course only points matter, but for example I've got £5m more in team value than the guy second in my league (It was more than that before I dropped a few players that had grown £1m in value). Gives me more wiggle room to reinvest/change the team about basically. More likely I will be able to swap in other premium players than the guy with less valuable assets. Also if your team has gained more value it's generally more likely they are popular (i.e. generating a good amount of points). It's only 8/9 gameweeks left but there will still be injuries and players suddenly wildly out of or in form (especially compared to the way they were playing pre-lockdown) that will need to be moved out/in quickly.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If you're a tinkerer like me its nice to have a buffer so you can get a high value player in if they start performing.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I focus on value for about the first three quarters of the season and splash it all in the final quarter.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
So what are the thoughts on Lundstram and McGinn ? Ones being rotated, the other back from an injury. Think Lundstram will feature in one way or another so I'll probably keep him. But McGinn worries me. Can always change each respectively to Egan and El Ghazi who are safer options.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
So what are the thoughts on Lundstram and McGinn ? Ones being rotated, the other back from an injury. Think Lundstram will feature in one way or another so I'll probably keep him. But McGinn worries me. Can always change each respectively to Egan and El Ghazi who are safer options.

saivet

Made a host of changes and thinking to use my bench boost this weekend. I've used my wildcard and will just have my free hit to use.

Henderson, Martin
Laporte, Trent, Baldock, O'Connell, Saiss
Martial, Bruno, KDB, Grealish, Son
Vardy, Rashford, Ayew

Quite happy with the look of my squad. I know I will have to switch Henderson out in a couple of weeks, but I've not put anyone else in there for the short term.

hubbuh

Made my transfers. Put in lots of Villa nd Sheffield United players. Think City and Arsenal are poison chalices. City will rotate 100% and Arsenal barely have a starting 11 that are consistent.

Henderson
Mings, TAA, Saiss
Graelish, Fernandes, Salah, KDB
Aubamayang, DCL, Jiminez

Subs: Lord Button, Egan, O'Connell, Douglas Luiz

Happy with that to go into the final stretch. Ideally wanted Vardy but impossible to put him in and not feck up the rest of the team. Will see if Liverpool rest players after winning the league, that will be the time to act I guess.
Holy moly, I've got;

Pope
Baldock, TAA, Saiss
Grealish, Fernandes, Salah, KDB
Aubamayang, DCL, Jiménez

Lord Buttman, Egan, Simpson, Fleck

Pair o' twits or geniuses? Or just very template.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Holy moly, I've got;

Pope
Baldock, TAA, Saiss
Grealish, Fernandes, Salah, KDB
Aubamayang, DCL, Jiménez

Lord Buttman, Egan, Simpson, Fleck

Pair o' twits or geniuses? Or just very template.
hahaha must be template. I'm top of my PL so keeping it safe as possible!

SteveTheRed

I feel like after this long break , I know nothing about FPL. All knowledge of players form prior to this is out the window! My only hunch is that Liverpool win the title early, some of big L'pool names will be getting rested...due to not worth the Covid19 risk?

I made a heap of changes from;

McCarthy
Fernandez, TAA, Saiss
Fleck, Salah, KDB, Mane
Aubamayang, Ings, Jiménez

Button, Saka, Webster and Williams.
to;

McCarthy
Baldock, TAA, Lundstram
Fleck, Mahrez, KDB, Mane
Aubamayang, Rashford, Jiménez

Button, Saka, Soyuncu and Daniel James.

BB on GW30+. Feck it.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Please help.

Am i mad putting in Martinelli to justify a mad midfield with Son instead of Traore? Martinelli has to start the first round for me as i have three defender formation as my subs have terrible away fixtures (city) and one is Williams who probably won't start. Bonus is Martinelli has a double gameweek. Thereafter it will be Taylor in a back four.

Also...

Or

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think you are better off with Nketiah than Martinelli - but who knows as its like preseason where we are just guessing who are starters

Andi Latte

My draft for the restart:
The line should be BB this week, WC next week, FH still available. 7 DGW players including 3 heavy hitters whioe still preserving some value tied up in the likes of Jimenez or TAA

Henderson
TAA Egan Kelly
Pogba KDB(c) Martial Grealish Fleck
Aubameyang Aguero

Subs: Mccarthy, Jimenez, Cathcart, Lascelles

Some odd choices:

Kelly: Bournemouth away could be a decent game for Palace, seeing that the BCD games in the german league saw a huge bias towards away wins for midtable clubs. Also cheap and will be shipped out next week.

Cathcart: only for budget/diversification reasons

Pogba: this may be the biggest gamble, maybe he plays, maybe not, maybe he's shit. The lineup at the moment can't support Fernandes unfortunately, yet I want two United attackers in my team, as I feel we will spank Tottenham.

I am top of my cash ML, 60pts in front of the competition, maybe I should play it safe. Is there even the possibility of playing it "safe" given the circumstances? Is it smart to have no Liverpool attackers vs Everton? Happy to hear some thoughts :)

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The line should be BB this week, WC next week, FH still available.

Henderson
TAA Egan Kelly
Aubameyang Aguero

Some odd choices:

Kelly: Bournemouth away could be a decent game for Palace, seeing that the BCD games in the german league saw a huge bias towards away wins for midtable clubs. Also cheap and will be shipped out next week.

Pogba: this may be the biggest gamble, maybe he plays, maybe not, maybe he's shit. The lineup at the moment can't support Fernandes unfortunately, yet I want two United attackers in my team, as I feel we will spank Tottenham.

I am top of my cash ML, 60pts in front of the competition, maybe I should play it safe. Is there even the possibility of playing it "safe" given the circumstances? Is it smart to have no Liverpool attackers vs Everton? Happy to hear some thoughts :)
You have to have De Bruyne and Salah, Trent also. You're probably better off playing it safe playing the players everyone has to prevent people gaining mass points against you.

Neo_Mufc

Ah man just realised I have used my second WC.

I have BB and Freehit left. Not sure what strategy to take now.

Paul_Scholes18

Bench boost is hard to use now. Maybe just try to load up on Sheffield defenders and use it straight away?
Although free hit is pretty good too for this week.

I have everything left and got no idea when to use TC. Starting with bench boost I think and then WC.

Neo_Mufc

Bench boost is hard to use now. Maybe just try to load up on Sheffield defenders and use it straight away?
Although free hit is pretty good too for this week.

I have everything left and got no idea when to use TC. Starting with bench boost I think and then WC.
I've just tinkered with my team and I can get 3 City, Arse and Sheff utd for the first GW - use my BB and then I can start to remove the arsenal/shu duds that I dont really want to continue with for the remainder of the season. I'll probably use my freehit if theres another Double GW otherwise just be a bit patient.

If I was in your position I would maybe look at KDB or Aguero but then you don't really know what's coming up later as well.

I'm getting rid of my Lpool assets. They've done me well for the season but I can do without for a couple games considering they have a merseyside derby and a trip to the Etihad on the horizon.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The line should be BB this week, WC next week, FH still available. 7 DGW players including 3 heavy hitters whioe still preserving some value tied up in the likes of Jimenez or TAA

Henderson
TAA Egan Kelly
Aubameyang Aguero

Some odd choices:

sounds like you have a very similar situation to me with chips left, although Im only about 25 points ahead in ML so safe is not really an option

Im still considering FH rather than BB this week to preserve the WC for a few weeks time when we have more info - not sure if going all in on a small DGW is wise, City are the best bet of the 4 teams and Pep rotation is guaranteed to feck that. I havent decided yet though

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
sounds like you have a very similar situation to me with chips left, although Im only about 25 points ahead in ML so safe is not really an option

Im still considering FH rather than BB this week to preserve the WC for a few weeks time when we have more info - not sure if going all in on a small DGW is wise, City are the best bet of the 4 teams and Pep rotation is guaranteed to feck that. I havent decided yet though
Isn't this the only DGW left? That's what someone here said...

Paul_Scholes18

I've just tinkered with my team and I can get 3 City, Arse and Sheff utd for the first GW - use my BB and then I can start to remove the arsenal/shu duds that I dont really want to continue with for the remainder of the season. I'll probably use my freehit if theres another Double GW otherwise just be a bit patient.

If I was in your position I would maybe look at KDB or Aguero but then you don't really know what's coming up later as well.

I'm getting rid of my Lpool assets. They've done me well for the season but I can do without for a couple games considering they have a merseyside derby and a trip to the Etihad on the horizon.
What tripple Arsenal do you want? I am not sure if Nkethia will start or if Laca will. Pepe also a big gamble.
Aguero vs Jesus is the old question too. I have been burned before with that one. Although Aguero can get a hattrick vs Arsenal even if he doesn't start vs Burnley.
Then we have Sterling vs Sane. I think Sterling is the favorite, but his form was poor before the break.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Bench boost is always quite hard to use I find, so you'll never get a better chance to put it to major use than with free transfers before it.

You just need to find that perfect blend of double gamers, 15 players playing, and enough players you want going forward!

Dan_F

I haven’t missed this at all. Using my free transfers this week with bench boost, then wildcard next week.

Who is likely to be Villa‘s keeper? Reina I’m assuming. Plus do I really trust Auba for 11 million.

It’s too tempting to get caught up with double fixtures and forget about players with easy single fixtures, who could haul.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Isn't this the only DGW left? That's what someone here said...
Probably but I've been burned so many times of picking players just for DGW and then screwed by rotation - that said, I will still probably go for several City and Shef

Neo_Mufc

What tripple Arsenal do you want? I am not sure if Nkethia will start or if Laca will. Pepe also a big gamble.
Aguero vs Jesus is the old question too. I have been burned before with that one. Although Aguero can get a hattrick vs Arsenal even if he doesn't start vs Burnley.
Then we have Sterling vs Sane. I think Sterling is the favorite, but his form was poor before the break.
Auba, Leno and maybe a defender - Bellerin?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
For Arsenal I chose Auba, Laca and Leno. No solid info who will start in defence for them. And with Auba or Laca you are covering the main scoring outlets. Could get Ozil or Pepe in midfield if for one of the strikers.

Adcuth

Set mine as

Ryan

Lundstram TAA VVD

KDB Bruno Pogba Grealish Fleck

Vardy Rashford

Pope Saiss Jota Rico

Won't be changing much till the seasons finished

Cornish

I still have my wildcard, bench boost, triple captain & free hit all available! I sense the next few weeks could be stressful trying to use them at the right time!!

I like my current team though so at first I was just going to use my free hit this week to get in some DGW players and then revert back to my original team after. This meant that I can get rid of the more expensive players who have increased massively in value for this week but get them back the week after without having to spend more to get them (e.g TAA, Jimenez)
Having slept on it though I now think that this is the best time to use my bench boost! This however means that I then can't also use my free hit and will need to make permanent transfers. My plan therefore now is to use my unlimited transfers to get as many DGW players in this week and also use my bench boost.

This is the team I have in mind for the first gameweek back-
Henderson, Pope
Maguire, Soyuncu, TAA, Lascelles, Lundstram
Grealish, Fleck, Guendouzi, De Bruyne, Fernandes
Aubameyang, Aguero, Jimenez

That's 8 DGW players there with a mix of other players who should all hopefully play.
I'll then use my wildcard the week after to balance the team out again having had a week at looking at starting line ups etc. (although I expect rotation to be rife so don't know how helpful this will be! Ahhhh!!) Maybe get rid of Henderson to get a cheap 2nd keeper to free up funds, take out Auba or Aguero to get Salah/Mane in and to get rid of Guendouzi/Fleck to improve the midfield or something?

I've then also got my free hit should it be needed at a later date due to fa cup games, champions league/Europa league etc.
Triple captain may just be decided on the toss of a coin!!!

Think that's the best plan I've come up with so far! How good is it to have this to worry about again though?!?!

Reactions: Rood