Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So all my fantasy nightmares came true this week - I took a big gamble last week with a WC and it backfired massively as I sold Bruno and Auba to get in Martial and Salah :houllier:

After tonight my cash league lead is likely to be down to single figures - still Ill be top with all to play for but the pressure is on !

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Right, trailing long-term rival by 50 points - I still have Triple Cap and Free Hit, he has Zero chips.

I need you guys help here - who scores more until end of the season from each of these...

Salah or Son
Giroud or Willian
Mahrez or Salah
DCL or Kane
Salah or Mane

Also - when / who do I Triple Cap?

Go.

Neo_Mufc

Right, trailing long-term rival by 50 points - I still have Triple Cap and Free Hit, he has Zero chips.

I need you guys help here - who scores more until end of the season from each of these...

Salah or Son
Giroud or Willian
Mahrez or Salah
DCL or Kane
Salah or Mane

Go.
Maybe Salah against Villa?

Dr. McBeasty

Salah or Son
Giroud or Willian
Mahrez
or Salah
DCL or Kane
Salah or Mane (toss up)

Go.
Still trying to figure out the TC for myself, haha. I'm very wary of City and Liverpool going forward, both managers have confirmed there will be heavy rotation. Kane vs. Bournemouth in GW34 is appealing (I'm typing this before the match today, so definitely pay attention to him vs. Shef to judge his fitness/form). I also like our attack vs. Bournemouth this weekend, though figuring out which player to TC is a difficult task. Man City vs. Bournemouth in GW36 or Man City vs. Watford in GW37 also present some great opportunities.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Still trying to figure out the TC for myself, haha. I'm very wary of City and Liverpool going forward, both managers have confirmed there will be heavy rotation. Kane vs. Bournemouth in GW34 is appealing (I'm typing this before the match today, so definitely pay attention to him vs. Shef to judge his fitness/form). I also like our attack vs. Bournemouth this weekend, though figuring out which player to TC is a difficult task. Man City vs. Bournemouth in GW36 or Man City vs. Watford in GW37 also present some great opportunities.
Yeah I'm also musing on Kane...

Also, Man City vs Norwich for TC is a thought.

Dan_F

I like your thinking. Pulisic vs Watford defintely has more potential than Son vs Everton. Like you said I'll keep an eye on it tonight. Will mean holding Auba for another week but I think he's just as likely to score vs Wolves than Kane is vs Everton so not worth a -4. The game after is a no brainer. Especially if Spurs are still on for a CL spot.
I’m probably going Son/Ings to Pulisic/Kane (depending on tonight’s fixture). Tempted to take a -4 to get rid of DCL too. Been a big disappointment since the restart.

Neo_Mufc

After watching that Salah interview I think I need to take a -4 and bring him in for the rest of the season of he's going for golden boot.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
After being terrible all season, I have played a blinder these past few weeks. Not as good as the genius scores that are posted on here, but I was 80+ points behind in both my leagues and am now ahead in one and 10 points off in the other.

Massive haul loading up on double gameweek (and bench boosting) players, then a free hit to see the lay of the land the next week, another 100 pointer, then took a -8 to get rid of Villa players and captained Auba this week.

Think I will -4 again this week to bring in and captain Salah. Hopefully this isn’t where my good fortune runs out. Going to gamble on Giroud home to Watford too as Abraham looked terrible against west ham.

JamesCurran

Have used free hit this week chopping and changing anybody any recommendations

Pope
Button

TAA
Gomez
Chilwell
2 Cheapest defenders

Bruno
Martial
Pulsic
Willian
Mane

Rashford
Vardy
Cheapest striker

unsure about 2 Leicester players and possibly Rashford but not sure who else to put in

Thanks

JamesCurran

Have used free hit this week chopping and changing anybody any recommendations

Pope
Button

TAA
Gomez
Chilwell
2 Cheapest defenders

Bruno
Martial
Pulsic
Willian
Mane

Rashford
Vardy
Cheapest striker

unsure about 2 Leicester players and possibly Rashford but not sure who else to put in

Thanks
Alternative

Pope

TAA
AWB
Doherty

Bruno
Willian
Pulsic
Salah
Mane

Greenwood
Jimeniz

0.8 million left over

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If Salah and KDB don't do anything, I'd have a successful free hit. Chances of this happening are slim though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
45 with KDB and TAA in action. Lots of ownable players got points this week, and I whiffed with most of mine and my captain. Will be falling.

People who still have the Free Hit left, I think conventional wisdom suggests keeping it for GW38+, but GW36+ has CHE V NOR, CITY V BOU, ARS V LIV, whilst United and Wolves go to Palace and Burnley respectively. I guess there is also the slight possibility of a DGW for Leicester and someone else if the situation with the virus ramps up there.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Terrible week. 3 players from my bench each of them got above 10 points.

Maluco

Very well played for those who gambled on Foden. I thought it was too risky with their rotation and have missed out.

ROFLUTION

Feckin.. Greenwood and Foden on the bench

83 pts so far though so I should complain

Feels strange with 7 mil in the bank. I planned to sub in Salah for Foden, but now I dont know what to spend it on. Any suggestions??

Pope
Trent - Laporte - Aurier - Doherty - Robinson
Son - Kdb - Foden - Martial - Bruno
Greenwood - Nketiah - Jimenez

Maluco

Feckin.. Greenwood and Foden on the bench

83 pts so far though so I should complain

Feels strange with 7 mil in the bank. I planned to sub in Salah for Foden, but now I dont know what to spend it on. Any suggestions??

Pope
Trent - Laporte - Aurier - Doherty - Robinson
Son - Kdb - Foden - Martial - Bruno
Greenwood - Nketiah - Jimenez
Upgrade Nketiah to Ings after City game? Spurs looked woeful today, so maybe Son to Salah too.

Liverpool have home to Villa next, só Salah this week and Ings next?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Get Aurier out. He's so annoying and a trap. I just downgraded him to Fernández from Newcastle. You could also do Holgate whos 4.3m.

I really want Foden but my midfield is stacked. Mane-KDB-Bruno-Martial-Pulisic

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Think its time to free up funds by dropping Mane for Foden. Can upgrade Greenwood or J.Ayew as well
Not bad shout but it feels like playing russian roulette with the strikers. Jimenez is the only nailed on for me. Ings fixtures dodgy, Auba so ropey.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think its time to free up funds by dropping Mane for Foden. Can upgrade Greenwood or J.Ayew as well
Foden’s massively outperforming xG. I’m tempted to shift Mount to him, but could end in tears. Mahrez is more appealing for the weekend.

saivet

Think I will bring Foden in for Grealish. He may get rotated but it's better than him only getting 2 points every week.

I think I'll let Auba survive, not sure it's worth taking a 4 point hit to replace him.

Dan_F

I’m probably going Son/Ings to Pulisic/Kane (depending on tonight’s fixture). Tempted to take a -4 to get rid of DCL too. Been a big disappointment since the restart.
I feel like I might be leaning towards getting Mahrez now, instead of Pulisic. He’s bound to start the next game right?:confused:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Decent week. 84 points.

I've got a few free transfers so I think I'll go Son, Grealish, Lundstram > Fernandes, Soyuncu, Pulisic.

Nothing against Son. Good guy, good fixtures, but I think this provides better balance.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

I wonder how City and Liverpool will rotate the squad moving forward. Phil Foden is looking like good value. Also I wish I could have Sterling too.
Keeping Mane for now I think,but I might go with Salah if I can free up the cash. I don't trust Mane as my captain enough.
Might just go with a free hit for this week. Although my squad is already pretty good.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Taking out Grealish and Calvert-Lewin for Foden and Greenwood. Leaves me with 4.5m in the bank.

Ryan, Henderson

Kelly, Lundstram, Saiss, TAA, Robertson

Martial, Foden, Fernandes, Richarlison, KDB

Greenwood, Ings, Jimenez

Want to get rid of Kelly since he's injured but don't think it's worth the -4 to do it now. Didn't realise at the restart that his injury was long term or I'd have got rid then.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
oooh. I can do Mane > Mahrez. Ings > Kane. Thoughts

Pope
Bissaka Trent Doherty
Mahrez KDB Pulisic Martial Bruno
Kane Jimenez

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think I'll do Son to Mane or Salah. Mane may drop tonight, so I'll wait. I think wasting a transfer on Mount to Foden is just tinkering around the edges.

Paul_Scholes18

oooh. I can do Mane > Mahrez. Ings > Kane. Thoughts

Pope
Bissaka Trent Doherty
Mahrez KDB Pulisic Martial Bruno
Kane Jimenez
I think Pool might want to bounce back against Villa. Not fully sure about Kane and Spurs under Mourinho.
Got Son and he is not doing very much. Kane can always produce, but he cost a lot.
I personally rather have Salah plus Greenwood than Kane plus Mahrez.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I have a feeling Foden might not start the next game having just played the full 90 but Graelish in 90 minutes will get me feck all so done the swap.

Auba survives one final week, then he's being dropped for Kane or someone else if Spurs play shit next game.

My current team is:

Dabruvka
TAA, Egan, Saiss
Salah, KDB, Foden, Fernandes
Auba, DCL, Jiminez

Subs: Button, Mings, Lundstram, Douglas Luiz

It's very tight at the top of my private league. I'm top by about 10 points.

Is it worth doing a -4 to bring in AWB for Lundstram? I'm tempted because we're playing Bournemouth, who look like they're done but if he only keeps a CS, I'll just make the points back. If Egan (who would go on the bench to make way) keeps a clean sheet, then I'd have lost points...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Captaincy picks for the next gw?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'd hold for this week and bring AWB next week Schwein.

Bruno captain for me

I'll hold Mane for one more week. Just having KDB from City feels too conservative. Gotta have Foden or Mahrez in there surely.

Neo_Mufc

Captaincy picks for the next gw?
Tough for me, if you have Lpool assets I would go Salah. For Utd I would maybe go Fernandes or Rashford.

I really want Salah but have to take a -4, otherwise keep Auba and swap Grealish for Foden which could be a nice little earner.

Tough one with only 6 weeks to go but kind of glad I haven't missed too much on Salah considering he missed the Everton derby and got 2 points today but I do think he will go on a roll now.....

United Hobbit

Do we think I'll be safe with both Foden & Greenwood

I hate having United players as I'm convinced ill jinx them and I now have him and Bruno.

I'm wild carding this week, I've binned Grealish, Robertson, Jota, Reina (so I can prep for bench boost) Soyuncu, Lundstram and possibly Todd Cantwell however he remains for now. The replacement would be that St Maximillian guy from Newcastle but I'm a bit wary of him especially with some of their fixtures

I now have a team comprising the following

GK- Patricio & Henderson

Defence- Digne, TAA, Lascelles, Doherty, Tarkowski

Midfield- Foden, KDB, Pulisic, Bruno, Canterbury

Strikers- Greenwood, Jiminez and Auba

Auba survived by the skin of his teeth typically I didn't captain him as he's burnt me so many times so of course he finally pulled his finger out

I've captained KDB, vice is Bruno

I may bench boost too

Just using both Foden and Greenwood is worrying me a little. I do have 1.5m spare

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to swap Auba for Rashy? Normally it'd be a no-brainer but my lead in my PL is only 9 points!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tough for me, if you have Lpool assets I would go Salah. For Utd I would maybe go Fernandes or Rashford.

I really want Salah but have to take a -4, otherwise keep Auba and swap Grealish for Foden which could be a nice little earner.

Tough one with only 6 weeks to go but kind of glad I haven't missed too much on Salah considering he missed the Everton derby and got 2 points today but I do think he will go on a roll now.....
I'm a bit worried about Liverpool players as they may just take their foot of the gas and Klopp might rotate a bit more. I might swap out Mane for Salah, as the latter is a selfish cnut who will do everything possible for the golden boot.