Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Withnail

Need to get rid of Pukki - I got shafted by dropping Ings just before his scoring streak.

I'm thinking of dropping Rashford for Greenwood and bringing in Kane but I've a feeling Rashford is gonna start scoring as soon as I do.

From

Henderson

Stevens Doherty TAA
Martial Son De Bruyne Fernandes
Rashford Jimenez Pukki

Pope Taylor Fleck Fernandez

To:

Henderson
Stevens Doherty TAA
Martial Son De Bruyne Fernandes
Greenwood Kane Jimenez

Pope Fernandez Taylor Fleck

for -4 pts

I could also drop Fleck for Foden as insurance for Pepisms but that would make it -8 and I've been climbing most of my leagues since football returned.

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

Ok I've decided to take a -4 hit (only my second one of the season).

I'm getting rid of Auba & Grealish. Salah comes back in - I'm going to captain him because I think he will go on and smash in some goals soon.

My thinking for the 3rd striker is as follows:

1. Go as cheap as possible - 4.2 bench fodder and I can bring in TAA next week.
2. Bring in DCL as they have a nice run of games coming up but I don't necesarily find much in that Everton side that pleases.

Nickosaur

Did great last week, finished on 91. Team is:

Ederson
Doherty / Maguire / Lascelles
KDB / Fernandes / Pulisic / Traore
Aubameyang / Rashford / Jota

Bench: Grealish, Targett, Egan.

I have 2 free transfers. And a free hit - but I think i'll get most benefit of free hitting closer to the end of the season.
Really torn as to what to change. I think Salah could get a haul this weekend, but I also like the look of Kane's fixtures.

edit @Neo_Mufc in a very similar position to you. I'm thinking of binning Auba and Grealish too for Salah + striker up to 7.2m.

Neo_Mufc

Did great last week, finished on 91. Team is:

Ederson
Doherty / Maguire / Lascelles
KDB / Fernandes / Pulisic / Traore
Aubameyang / Rashford / Jota

Bench: Grealish, Targett, Egan.

I have 2 free transfers. And a free hit - but I think i'll get most benefit of free hitting closer to the end of the season.
Really torn as to what to change. I think Salah could get a haul this weekend, but I also like the look of Kane's fixtures.

edit @Neo_Mufc in a very similar position to you. I'm thinking of binning Auba and Grealish too for Salah + striker up to 7.2m.
I've got 7.3 million to play with once I bring in Salah. I just don't see much up top that excites me. If I had a spare Utd slot I would have brought in Greenwood but I can't do that and I'm not going to remove Rashford.

I may regret going for the cheap ass bench fodder but the fact that I can bring in TAA gives me some hope that he will maybe (most likely) pick up more points than DCL will towards the end of the season.

I just watched a quick stream and the FPL channel said he thinks Salah is prone to rotation including others which I think is BS.

If Klopp really didn't care he would have played the kids. Lpool have a chance of getting 108 points and breaking Pep's record so they will want to do that as there's nothing to play for. I only expect rotation in games where they are 3/4 up with 20mins to go.

I really want to captain Bruno but there's something inside me telling me Bournemouth is going to be a bit more tricky than one thinks and they could cause us some frustration.

ell

I'm going bold this week and tripling Bruno - is in red hot form and can't really see another obvious choice between now and the end of the season.

Edit - and Bournemouth are useless.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
To those bringing in Greenwood - are you actually gonna play him or have him on bench?

Do you think Ole keeps starting him?

Also who scores more points til end of season - think hard with these...

Salah or Willian
Saint Max or Pulisic
Jimenez or Aubergine

Thanks in advance Fellas.

Neo_Mufc

To those bringing in Greenwood - are you actually gonna play him or have him on bench?

Salah or Willian
Saint Max or Pulisic
Jimenez or Aubergine

Yes, Greenwood starts imo, he's in form.

Salah
Jiminez

Saint Max Pulisic is tough but I'd go with the Latter.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not for me. Also stop doubting Auba. If Arsenal score it'll be Ol' Boomerang.
I'll never stop doubting Auba. His brace against Norwich was the first time this season that he's actually got me points :lol: With that being said, Rash has been equally useless for me. My main reason for thinking about this is I expect us to rip Bournemouth a new one whereas the Arsenalv Wolves game might be tight as Wolves are going for top 5 and have a solid defense.

PogBruno

Is anyone else looking to go without Salah or mane for rest of the reason?

What is Auba owners doing with him given his run for tough fixtures starting this week?

JakeTheRed

Salah or Willian
Saint Max or Pulisic
Jimenez or Aubergine

I think Greenwood will be in and out of the team. I have actually risked it and tripled up with AWB, Martial & Fernandes, as we're in great form and have decent fixtures (albeit they are sorta bogey teams).

Salah > Willian (Chelsea look rubbish and have some tough games)

Not sure about ASM vs Pulisic, but if you can, go with Pulisic, as Newcastle are rubbish.

I had Jimi and Auba this week (got 94 total with Auba captain) and I've just taken Auba out for Saturday as Arsenal's fixtures aren't looking great and, it's Arsenal!

Withnail

Salah or Willian
Saint Max or Pulisic
Jimenez or Aubergine

If I didn't already have Rashford, Martial, Fernandes in I'd go for Greenwood.

Looks like he's first choice on the right now (queue Ole starting James tomorrow :lol: ) and if Rash draws a blank against Bournemouth I'm bringing in Greenwood.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The utterly useless Harvey Barnes and Tammy Abraham out, Mahrez and Greenwood in. 50 points to catch on the leader somehow so making a few desperate moves
Abraham surely starts scoring soon...? Unless Lampard is gonna be playing Giroud up front...

Willian and Pulisic can't score all their goals!

P.S on that topic, could Giroud become a sneaky differential...?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Planning to use TC on Salah for this GW. I'd expect Pool to come back strong and thrash Villa

Neo_Mufc

Planning to use TC on Salah for this GW. I'd expect Pool to come back strong and thrash Villa
Same.

Did my transfer brought in Salah for Grealish and Connoly (4.2 Bench Fodder) for Auba.

If Salah does wonders then it will pay off for me hit but I think over the next few weeks it will pay it self off.

Cornish

I'm going bold this week and tripling Bruno - is in red hot form and can't really see another obvious choice between now and the end of the season.

Edit - and Bournemouth are useless.
I'm doing the same however with Salah also in my team no doubt I'll probably have picked the wrong one come Sunday evening!!
I think if you've got the TC chip still available this is the week to use it looking at the fixtures. Teams also seem to have reached match fitness again now after a few slower weeks back after the break and so have the potential for some big scorelines I think against teams struggling at the bottom

Dan_F

Swear Ings, Greenwood, Jiminez is the best forward line right now
Ings has tough fixtures coming up. Always a chance of him nicking a goal or two though.

I think I’m going to take a chance on Mahrez given his lack of minutes last night. City’s fixtures mean that you need two from them, plus they have to keep going with the Champions League at the end of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Team has gone to sh!t a little, but I'll probably do Ayew to Greenwood this week.
Then beef up the woeful DCL to whoever I can afford next week.

I forgot one of those key fantasy footy rules, don't go too sh!T upfront, and Jiminez, Ayew and DCL was too sh!T by half.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What would people do bearing in mind resting players and rotation

Martial, Bruno or Salah for captain?

All at home against poor teams, but leaning towards Salah because of Liverpool wanting to avenge their loss and him in search of golden boot. Might be a differential with people not expecting it after City game.

I would go Martial because Bournemouth are useless, but they are so useless that it might be the perfect game for Ighalo to start!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ings has tough fixtures coming up. Always a chance of him nicking a goal or two though.

I think I’m going to take a chance on Mahrez given his lack of minutes last night. City’s fixtures mean that you need two from them, plus they have to keep going with the Champions League at the end of the season.
I changed my mind about Ings yesterday regarding that tough fixtures, there are not many cheap striker out there who can give you goals. Ings is also taking the penalty and I think Southampton will be pumped against City after the embarrassing result last time they met.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What would people do bearing in mind resting players and rotation

Martial, Bruno or Salah for captain?

All at home against poor teams, but leaning towards Salah because of Liverpool wanting to avenge their loss and him in search of golden boot. Might be a differential with people not expecting it after City game.

I would go Martial because Bournemouth are useless, but they are so useless that it might be the perfect game for Ighalo to start!
Gone Martial, but have repeatedly got it wrong between him and Bruno.
But, as Martial scored 3 in the last home game, when I didn't even have him, lets go Martial.

Chucked Greenwood in for the triple up too.

Maluco

Gone Martial, but have repeatedly got it wrong between him and Bruno.
But, as Martial scored 3 in the last home game, when I didn't even have him, lets go Martial.

Chucked Greenwood in for the triple up too.
Yeah it’s a coin toss with martial and Salah for me. I don’t know who to go for. Am still concerned martial won’t start.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
So I'm hedging my bets that AWB returns aren't going to continue in such vain. Downgraded Ayew to Greenwood, and AWB to Digne.

Team for GW33
Pope
Trent Fernandez Doherty
Martial Bruno(C) KDB Pulisic Mane
Ings Jimenez

Martinez, Greenwood, Digne, Saiss.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah it’s a coin toss with martial and Salah for me. I don’t know who to go for. Am still concerned martial won’t start.
Came off on 78, so he should be ok.
It's the games after that where it's really going to be awkward, especially Thursday Monday Wednesday

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't decide captain, I've nailed it down to Rashford and Salah.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Can't decide captain, I've nailed it down to Rashford and Salah.
I've got them both but went Salah who seems to be in the box more than Rashford. Also, Liverpool will want a bounce back after being torn a new one by city, plus Villa can't defend for shit and Salah knows his chances of getting golden boot can take a massive boost in this game.

Now watch Salah get benched whilst Rash gets a brace. Never use logic in this game :lol:

Maluco

The problem with 5 subs is the bench doesn’t even really help. Your player is bound to get on at some stage if he is good, that could be after an hour with the game done and dusted. Nightmare week after this one

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The problem with 5 subs is the bench doesn’t even really help. Your player is bound to get on at some stage if he is good, that could be after an hour with the game done and dusted. Nightmare week after this one
That's what happened with Pepe. He came on for 8 minutes and I had 8 points waiting on the bench.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Anyone captaining Mahrez?
No but I brought him in for Son this week as Spurs looking poor. I think he’s a good pick, unlucky not to score against Pool as well.

Captaining Bruno or Martial I think - currently on Martial..

JakeTheRed

I have all my chips left to play.
Any tips?
There's absolutely potential for triple captain this week with Liverpool or United. I've personally gone for Martial triple captain. Currently sitting at 18k overall so needing to make a big play to push into the top 10k.

What is your bench like?

Save your free hit for gamweek 36+

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ive benched De Bruyne. Probably a mistake but we’ll see.