Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Would anyone take a -4 to take out Mahrez for Foden? Foden is a nailed on starter at home to Newcastle now.

Paul_Scholes18

Salah got the assist at least. Although buying him failed big time as a negative move.
Could have just gone with Martial or Bruno captain and ignored him.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Chasing points. Took McCarthy out for Pope. Is it lunacy to pick GKs if they have tough games, wonder if it pays off in the long run.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really tempted to take Rashford n Jiminez out for Greenwood n Kane.

Wolves didn't look great yesterday and have 3 very tough away games left in their last 5. Spurs on the other hand have much better fixtures and Bournemouth up next. As great as Jiminez has been this year FPL is always about the future. Looking at the remaining games I think Kane will outscore Jiminez fairly comfortably. Not having him next week worries me with the way Bournemouth defend. Think it might be time to get him in but I'm guna see how he does against Everton, a team he often does well against, tomorrow night first.

Greenwood is incredible value even at 4.6m. Next season he's going to be 6.5m easily maybe even higher.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Would anyone take a -4 to take out Mahrez for Foden? Foden is a nailed on starter at home to Newcastle now.
Are you maxed out on City? Personally I'll get Foden in as my fifth midfielder and start him every other week.

Auba to Kane seems the most sensible move this week so I can captain him against Bournemouth who can't defend for shit.

Maluco

Are you maxed out on City? Personally I'll get Foden in as my fifth midfielder and start him every other week.

Auba to Kane seems the most sensible move this week so I can captain him against Bournemouth who can't defend for shit.
I have Salah, Fernandes, KdB, Mahrez and Martial in midfield. I still think Salah will come good though!

I worry about Mahrez minutes going forward though and wonder if Pulisic is a better option even?

Need to get it right too, team is very similar to guy below me now and a Mahrez is one of only differentials. I have no other City players.

Neo_Mufc

Salah got the assist at least. Although buying him failed big time as a negative move.
Could have just gone with Martial or Bruno captain and ignored him.
My -4 didn't pay off. Salah only got 6. Wish I captained Bruno now.

Not a good week finished on 57. Saka and Egan benched with 10 each. :(

Vernon Philander

Thinking of trading in KdB for Foden + Jesus (have 1.9mil in bank too)

Foden will def start next game, and I need to change Jimenez given his tougher fixtures

Maluco

Really tempted to take Rashford n Jiminez out for Greenwood n Kane.

Wolves didn't look great yesterday and have 3 very tough away games left in their last 5. Spurs on the other hand have much better fixtures and Bournemouth up next. As great as Jiminez has been this year FPL is always about the future. Looking at the remaining games I think Kane will outscore Jiminez fairly comfortably. Not having him next week worries me with the way Bournemouth defend. Think it might be time to get him in but I'm guna see how he does against Everton, a team he often does well against, tomorrow night first.

Greenwood is incredible value even at 4.6m. Next season he's going to be 6.5m easily maybe even higher.
This is actually a good idea, hasn’t even occurred to me. As long as Harry’s ankles hold up with that many games. Might do the same next week and take a hit Jimenez and Mahrez for Kane and Foden

Maluco

Thinking of trading in KdB for Foden + Jesus (have 1.9mil in bank too)

Foden will def start next game, and I need to change Jimenez given his tougher fixtures
Never trade KdB! He will take Newcastle apart in the next game and is nailed on to start! Jesus is pants too!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is actually a good idea, hasn’t even occurred to me. As long as Harry’s ankles hold up with that many games. Might do the same next week and take a hit Jimenez and Mahrez for Kane and Foden
It's a risk going against the reliable Jiminez. However he doesn't tend to score more than one per game and Wolves have a very tough run in. Even their two home games aren't gimmies. My gut has served me so well this year and it's screaming Kane so that's my plan.

Would love Calvert Lewin returning to form tonight too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a risk going against the reliable Jiminez. However he doesn't tend to score more than one per game and Wolves have a very tough run in. Even their two home games aren't gimmies. My gut has served me so well this year and it's screaming Kane so that's my plan.

Would love Calvert Lewin returning to form tonight too.
I either want DCL to smash it or be left out. That Saka 10 on the bench is painful.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I either want DCL to smash it or be left out. That Saka 10 on the bench is painful.
Don't kick yourself. Saka away to Wolves on paper looked very benchable. This season has thrown up a lot of surprises though for sure.

I have DCL so I want him to score. He is on the scouts goals imminent table so I wouldn't be shocked if he bangs one in tonight. No way is he being dropped.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Bruno is gonna be priced liked Salah next season at this rate. 4 double digit returns in 9. Average of nearly 9 pts a game. Looks captainable every single week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't kick yourself. Saka away to Wolves on paper looked very benchable. This season has thrown up a lot of surprises though for sure.

I have DCL so I want him to score. He is on the scouts goals imminent table so I wouldn't be shocked if he bangs one in tonight. No way is he being dropped.
Yep it was a real 50-50 but the rule of thumb is usually go with the attacker if in doubt.

Dcl has done nothing since i put him in though. And I've always thought he's breathtakingly average.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bruno is gonna be priced liked Salah next season at this rate. 4 double digit returns in 9. Average of nearly 9 pts a game. Looks captainable every single week.
They need to totally revamp player positions too. No way should Mane n Salah still be counted as midfielders or Martial for that matter now either. If anything Firmino should be the midfielder in FPL as he drops so deep he's barely ever in the box.

Greenwood and Foden's prices will be interesting for sure. Bruno will of course be right up there with KDB I'd imagine.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yep it was a real 50-50 but the rule of thumb is usually go with the attacker if in doubt.

Dcl has done nothing since i put him in though. And I've always thought he's breathtakingly average.
I had him through his amazing run so perhaps I'm a bit biased but I think Ancelotti has done wonders with him. Goals are coming for him.

Keefy18

I know he's in incredible form but Greenwood is surely a risk and probably due to be rested by Ole?

He's played in each of our last 4 games with only a few days rest in between each.

If I get him him, I've to take a 4 pt hit as well cause I've already got AWB, Bruno & Rashford.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I know he's in incredible form but Greenwood is surely a risk and probably due to be rested by Ole?

He's played in each of our last 4 games with only a few days rest in between each.

If I get him him, I've to take a 4 pt hit as well cause I've already got AWB, Bruno & Rashford.
Don't think he's being rested. He's probably our most in form player other than Bruno. He also came off early didn't he? Definitely starts at Villa I would say.

Withnail

Goddamn Pep.

Luckily I switched my captain from KDB to Bruno.

71 with Kane to play so not too bad but everyone ahead of me also has Kane and some have Son so I'm unlikely to make up any ground unless Son resurrects his kung fu fighting routine.

The next 4 game weeks are going to be rough with players getting rested. Surely we should be allowed more than 1 free transfer for this run?

Keefy18

Don't think he's being rested. He's probably our most in form player other than Bruno. He also came off early didn't he? Definitely starts at Villa I would say.
Yeah 75 mins vs Bournemouth.
90 vs Brighton
60 mins roughly vs Norwich

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He came off a bit early in the last game, as per all the front 3, so little steps like that help.

But the next 3 games are quite tight, but it looks like it's the Southampton home game in the middle that's the biggest risk I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Goddamn Pep.

Luckily I switched my captain from KDB to Bruno.

71 with Kane to play so not too bad but everyone ahead of me also has Kane and some have Son so I'm unlikely to make up any ground unless Son resurrects his kung fu fighting routine.

The next 4 game weeks are going to be rough with players getting rested. Surely we should be allowed more than 1 free transfer for this run?
Not after they allowed full freebies before we got going again, and knowing most people would still have 2-3 chips!
They can't make it too easy!

But you definitely need to make sure you have some starters on your bench for the inevitable restings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They need to totally revamp player positions too. No way should Mane n Salah still be counted as midfielders or Martial for that matter now either. If anything Firmino should be the midfielder in FPL as he drops so deep he's barely ever in the box.

Greenwood and Foden's prices will be interesting for sure. Bruno will of course be right up there with KDB I'd imagine.
All good points.
Liverpool really skew it the way they play. Fullbacks like wingers, a striker who has very little scoring capacity. Wingers who in effect are strikers.

Martial without any doubt will move to a striker, but whatever they do with Mane and Salah they have to do the same for Rashford.

KDB should probably be as high as Salah/Mane, and Bruno will without any doubt move into double digit value.
Pogba should probably drop a fair way too, now he's deeper, not on pens, and is relegated in importance to our goals and assists

Greenwood will probably move to 6.5 -7.5 mixer. Still not a 100% starter, and will only have had a couple of months of good form.

Neo_Mufc

So removing Auba was a good move but captaining Salah not so good.

I now have 3.1m in the bank. The move I was going to make was a defender for TAA. Is this the right move?

I only ask because Lpool look kind of stale.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm definitely doing Rashy to Kane this week (unless Kane gets some injury against Everton). Rash, like Aubashit, has been a troll player for me this season and last season so I'm done with him. Is it worth taking a -4 to swap DCL to Greenwood also? I feel we'll get some goals against Villa and once I get in Kane, I'll only have Bruno as my sole United representitive.

KennyBurner

I haven’t used Any special cards(triple captain bench boost) this season. Does anybody know when then perfect time to use them will be. Mind you I’m first with 2036 points in my league. I wonder how good that is in the cafe league.

Keefy18

He came off a bit early in the last game, as per all the front 3, so little steps like that help.

But the next 3 games are quite tight, but it looks like it's the Southampton home game in the middle that's the biggest risk I think.
Hmm, your probably right.

TBH, I actually think Villa will give us a really tough game. I'm very wary of it, especially with it being away as well.

Perhaps a little audition for Grealish as well so I think Ole needs to go with same starting XI again.

Withnail

I haven’t used Any special cards(triple captain bench boost) this season. Does anybody know when then perfect time to use them will be. Mind you I’m first with 2036 points in my league. I wonder how good that is in the cafe league.
You would be outside the top 10. Somewhere around 12th. It's hard to tell at the moment as there is still one game left to play.

The optimum time may have passed but I'll let others judge that as I've used all of mine.

I suppose it would depend on who's on your team.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Who do I bench this week from my attackers ? 1 has to sit out

Martial - Villa away
Bruno - Villa away
Greenwood - Villa away
KDB - Newcastle home
Mane - Brighton away
Pulisic - Palace away
Ings - Everton away
Jimenez - Sheffield away

hubbuh

Martial - Villa away
Bruno - Villa away
Greenwood - Villa away
KDB - Newcastle home
Mane - Brighton away
Pulisic - Palace away
Ings - Everton away
Jimenez - Sheffield away
Probably Ings. Jimenez has blanked quite a bit recently, though, and Sheffield can be resolute defensively (though are a lot shakier post-lockdown).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Martial - Villa away
Bruno - Villa away
Greenwood - Villa away
KDB - Newcastle home
Mane - Brighton away
Pulisic - Palace away
Ings - Everton away
Jimenez - Sheffield away
Top 5 have to stay without a doubt.
Id probably say between Pulisic and Ings as Jiminez is the most expensive and probably most likely to troll you with a double digit haul from nowhere

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
2036 pts with chips still in play is phenomenonal mate. You should be aiming for top 5k with that easy. If you play your chips right and get captains mostly right I'd say top 5k finish no doubt.

KennyBurner

2036 pts with chips still in play is phenomenonal mate. You should be aiming for top 5k with that easy. If you play your chips right and get captains mostly right I'd say top 5k finish no doubt.
Its why i need advice. The person behind me closed the gap to 19 points. Mind you i was ahead by 80 before the restart.

Paul_Scholes18

Martial - Villa away
Bruno - Villa away
Greenwood - Villa away
KDB - Newcastle home
Mane - Brighton away
Pulisic - Palace away
Ings - Everton away
Jimenez - Sheffield away
I think Jimenez personally. I got Calvert Lewin who I might bench.
Harder is who to captain. KDB should start now so feeling about going with him as TC.
Super risky dealing with Pep though.

My idea that they want revenge might fail though since they might not care much anymore.
Should probably go with Bruno if he takes the next pen.

Neo_Mufc

Ridiculously good score.