Fantasy Premier League 19/20

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Shocking game week, I won't even check the score. Again relying on the 3 United boys to redeem it.
Unless the popular United players blank it's going to be a low scoring week.

LungiDevil

Thinking of a FH next week. Will need to make up 10pts roughly against my colleague.

Any improvements to the team below:

Ederson

Azpilicueta - AWB - Doherty

Willian - Pulisic - Sterling - Antonio - Bruno

Ings - Jesus (Greenwood 1st sub)

Considerations that I have now:

- Salah in place of Antonio (Think will eventually do this, given my colleague has him and I'll not want to risk too much)
- Giroud v Ings?
- Alexander-Arnold v Doherty
- Who are likely to start from City among Sterling, KdB, Mahrez, Foden
- Captain Pulisic?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Big question is whether to FH in week 36 or week 38?

City play Bournemouth in 36, but Norwich in 38, so you'd imagine loading up on their boys is good sense. Obviously Pep roulette is a factor.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Any help with FH much appreciated for GW 36.
Wait for the early team news before you put in any Chelsea players (i'd assume you'll want some vs Norwich). Pulisic, Willian, Giroud should be on your radar. Barkley maybe if you want a punt.

You're going to want to play Pep roulette I assume. Safest bets this week might be David Silva, Foden and Jesus?

West Ham at home to Watford so maybe Antonio and Cresswell who has good stats and is due a haul. I'd say Everton at home to Villa too but they don't look arsed and Villa have more to play for.

Obviously Bruno and Greenwood are no brainers.

Ings has got Brighton at home and will want the golden boot. Maybe something like...

Pope

Cresswell / Digne / Azpilcueta

Dilva / Bruno / Pulisic / Martial

Ings / Giroud / Jesus

Can't fit Antonio in. :(

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

Wait for the early team news before you put in any Chelsea players (i'd assume you'll want some vs Norwich). Pulisic, Willian, Giroud should be on your radar. Barkley maybe if you want a punt.

You're going to want to play Pep roulette I assume. Safest bets this week might be David Silva, Foden and Jesus?

West Ham at home to Watford so maybe Antonio and Cresswell who has good stats and is due a haul. I'd say Everton at home to Villa too but they don't look arsed and Villa have more to play for.

Ings has got Brighton at home and will want the golden boot. Maybe something like...

Pope

Ings / Giroud / Jesus

You transfer as many time with the FH right, even after saving?

Giroud is a nice differential, I feel like I want a bunch of differentials to help bring the rank up. It makes a massive difference.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
You transfer as many time with the FH right, even after saving?

Giroud is a nice differential, I feel like I want a bunch of differentials to help bring the rank up. It makes a massive difference.
Yeah, make more transfers than you're allowed for free and it'll ask if you want to use it. You can keep changing right up until the deadline.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Another week of needing United to bail me out. Martial as captain needs to bang, Greenwood to deliver too, but presumably it would be better for Bruno to blank as he has such high captaincy this week, i.e. more people own him as captain than just own him otherwise or don’t have him at all.

Definitely want that third Chelsea man this week, but I’ll be waiting for a leak hopefully to confirm whether it is Giroud, Pulisic or possibly Alonso. Hits are looking dicier with only two weeks to pay themselves back before the Free Hit. I’d like a third City man, but Jesus feels like I could get Pep’d and not sure Foden is worth it.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Thinking of a FH next week. Will need to make up 10pts roughly against my colleague.

Any improvements to the team below:

Ederson

Azpilicueta - AWB - Doherty

Willian - Pulisic - Sterling - Antonio - Bruno

Ings - Jesus (Greenwood 1st sub)

Considerations that I have now:

- Salah in place of Antonio (Think will eventually do this, given my colleague has him and I'll not want to risk too much)
- Giroud v Ings?
- Alexander-Arnold v Doherty
- Who are likely to start from City among Sterling, KdB, Mahrez, Foden
- Captain Pulisic?
Any help with FH much appreciated for GW 36.

Pope

Ings / Giroud / Jesus

Lampard will surprise many with rotations imo...

Azpi could be rested, Willian also.

Norwich is an easy game and they then have Utd (FA Cup), Liverpool and Wolves to come.

I say this as a FHer myself.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lampard will surprise many with rotations imo...

Azpi could be rested, Willian also.

Norwich is an easy game and they then have Utd (FA Cup), Liverpool and Wolves to come.

I say this as a FHer myself.
Their starting XI will most likely get leaked 15 minutes before the deadline.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Deadline needs to be two hours before the GW kickoff next season. Leaks of teamsheets shouldn’t give you an edge.

ROFLUTION

Done the must stupid swap, and has subbed out Alonso against Norwich, who is probably a guaranteed starter against relegation-fodder.

Stupid hangover-transfers. Went Jesus+Long for Alonso+Jimenez

Julz10

Half way through the season I had a bet £50 with a work colleague about who’s coming last, at that stage he was ahead of me over 100 points.. ( we have a work mini league of about 7 of us. I have been last the whole season keep in mind, due to the fact it’s my first season playing and new to it so took me a while to learn things.

Anyways 4 games ago he was about 130 points ahead of me. I am not 30 points ahead, he is now last (7th) I am 5th.

Thanks to Antonio, and I still have greenwood, martial and Fernandes left

kiristao

Do I go with
Lundstram, Robertson, Van Bissaka
Salah, Bruno, De Bruyne, Traore
Ings, Greenwood and jimenez
or
Lundstram, Robertson, Alexander Arnold (or someone else. Suggestions welcome)
Bruno, Martial, De Bruyne, Traore
Ings, Greenwood, Jesus

Last edited:

saivet

Think I will bring in Greenwood for Rashford (especially if Rashford doesn't perform tonight) but unsure how to use those extra funds.

Current Squad:
Henderson
Bertrand, Doherty, Garcia
Foden, Martial, Bruno, KDB
Jimenez, Auba, Rashford

Subs: Saka, TAA, Aurier

My only thought are Rashford to Greenwood and Foden to a Chelsea player for -4 points (Pulisic or Willian). Also tempted to put KDB on the bench as Id don't think he'll start against Brighton, but will almost certainly come on. At least with Garcia, if he doesn't play I don't think he will come off the bench.

Any other suggestions?

Rhyme Animal

As much as I love the rise of Mason Greenwood, he has proved a problem in FF for me (and many others) in that he has completely undermined work on Team Value...

I'm pretty crafty with Team Value each season and pretty much always use the work I've done earlier in the season to my strengths in the run in. This season, though, Greenwood has wrecked that, offering players what is essentially an Elite CF for 4.5m right at the time of the run in.

Obviously it's an anomalous event, and I'll be glad next season when he's priced at 7 or 8m from the get go.

His emergence has given managers who've badly managed their finances not only a cheap way into Utd's attack, but also a spare 5m to suddenly play with.

JakeTheRed

Used the old Free hit this week.

Team is currently:

Kepa
Azp - Wan Bissaka - Digne - (Fredericks - Simpson)
Pulisic - Richarlison - Fernandes - D.Silva - Sterling
Ings - Jesus - (Greenwood)

Worried that Sterling is going to get rested, thoughts? I'm tempted to throw a curve ball in and captain D.Silva also.

Nickosaur

My team is looking a bit shite for the next gameweek but I still feel it's a better call to use Free Hit in gw38... anyone else saving it for last game of the season? Why/why not?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Used the old Free hit this week.

Team is currently:

Kepa
Azp - Wan Bissaka - Digne - (Fredericks - Simpson)
Pulisic - Richarlison - Fernandes - D.Silva - Sterling
Ings - Jesus - (Greenwood)

Worried that Sterling is going to get rested, thoughts? I'm tempted to throw a curve ball in and captain D.Silva also.
Free hit surely has to be used 36 or 38, with City playing Bournemouth and Norwich at home.

I'm probably angling more at 38 at the moment, as Bournemouth still have that smidgen to play for, and like you say it's almost too obvious to put Sterling in this week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My team is looking a bit shite for the next gameweek but I still feel it's a better call to use Free Hit in gw38... anyone else saving it for last game of the season? Why/why not?
Having it in 38 feels like one last big ace to play doesn't it?

Man City v Norwich too, and you definitely need 3 of theirs for that game I'd say.

Maybe reduce United coverage for Leicester away too.

Withnail

As much as I love the rise of Mason Greenwood, he has proved a problem in FF for me (and many others) in that he has completely undermined work on Team Value...

I'm pretty crafty with Team Value each season and pretty much always use the work I've done earlier in the season to my strengths in the run in. This season, though, Greenwood has wrecked that, offering players what is essentially an Elite CF for 4.5m right at the time of the run in.

Obviously it's an anomalous event, and I'll be glad next season when he's priced at 7 or 8m from the get go.

His emergence has given managers who've badly managed their finances not only a cheap way into Utd's attack, but also a spare 5m to suddenly play with.
Can't you get him in and have more spare cash than them anyway?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Pretty much the same. I've got 3.1m in the bank at the mo and nowhere to spend it. The only way is to give myself a major bench headache.

Paul_Scholes18

I could do Salah to Sterling and have even more itb?
Is that just chasing points though?
Thinking the same move. Although I still got Son around too.
Two free transfers and I am not sure what to do.
Thinking Willian or Pulisic in for Son and then Sterling for Salah and maybe using the money saved for a hit to bring in Robertson. He might be rotated again though so TAA should be safe.

Although I got Taylor as well vs Wolves. Could see a 0-0 there, but I have Jiminez so hope he scores. Doherty and Saiss too to pick or not. I got too many options and too much money due to Greenwood being so cheap.

Rhyme Animal

Can't you get him in and have more spare cash than them anyway?
Thing is, extra Team Value only really matters when you've got that extra 2 or 3 million over managers who've not managed their finances and have basically 0 ITB.

Greenwood's emergence means those managers suddenly have 5 mill spare and having an extra 2 or 3 over them doesn't really have the same effect as them having feck all and you having 3 mill more.

Also the poor seasons of Kane and Aguero (through injury), and Liverpool securing the PL so early has added to the situation.

I've saved my chips, as always, only to be denied the usual Double GWs at the end of the season - all my mini League rivals spunked theirs long before the Pandemic emerged and are now essentially being let off the hook for doing so.

It's a very odd season. And a crap one in many ways. I'll be glad when it's done.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Course it should! It's all part of the madness of the game!
Nah. It’s a flaw. Part of the attraction of FPL to Sky FF or Telegraph FF is that you have that one weekly deadline and don’t have to keep reacting to team news. It is fairly casual friendly in that regard. The deadline was clearly designed to close before team news is known, but in the age of Twitter news travels too quickly.

I’d also remove daily price changes too and make them weekly. I hate feeling encouraged to check price changes daily before going to bed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nah. It’s a flaw. Part of the attraction of FPL to Sky FF or Telegraph FF is that you have that one weekly deadline and don’t have to keep reacting to team news. It is fairly casual friendly in that regard. The deadline was clearly designed to close before team news is known, but in the age of Twitter news travels too quickly.

I’d also remove daily price changes too and make them weekly. I hate feeling encouraged to check price changes daily before going to bed.
These are the features that make the game!

The only bits I'd change are flagging injuries etc, now that does make it way too casual friendly.
Plus I'd have the old Telegraph style where you can't see anyone else's team. You just get the score at the end of the week. Cuts out all the gamesmanship of matching teams, blocking, all ending with the same templates.

Neo_Mufc

I know Sterling is an outright choice for everyone but after that hattrick maybe Pep wants to pull out the roulette on him.

I can just see that move annoying the entire community.

Rhyme Animal

These are the features that make the game!

The only bits I'd change are flagging injuries etc, now that does make it way too casual friendly.
Plus I'd have the old Telegraph style where you can't see anyone else's team. You just get the score at the end of the week. Cuts out all the gamesmanship of matching teams, blocking, all ending with the same templates.
That is such a cool idea! I've never heard of that before!

That'd be really, really cool - it'd revolutionize FF imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That is such a cool idea! I've never heard of that before!

That'd be really, really cool - it'd revolutionize FF imo.
Haha, genuinely not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you're not, it was literally the old way it used to work.

I remember playing all manner of mind games about who i did or didn't have when leading the work league.
But it also went hand in hand with limited transfers which was rubbish, as i drilled through mine very early.

Also a bit of an outdated idea of having just 11 players too. Imagine that now, we'd be playing with 7-8 a lot of weeks with rotations!

Paul_Scholes18

Haha, genuinely not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if you're not, it was literally the old way it used to work.

I remember playing all manner of mind games about who i did or didn't have when leading the work league.
But it also went hand in hand with limited transfers which was rubbish, as i drilled through mine very early.

Also a bit of an outdated idea of having just 11 players too. Imagine that now, we'd be playing with 7-8 a lot of weeks with rotations!
Would take more unique skill and sounds fun. One interesting thing could be if you could only sign a player a certain number of times.
So selling someone that is about to explode could hurt since you can't bring them back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would take more unique skill. One interesting thing could be if you could only sign a player a certain number of times.
So selling someone that is about to explode could hurt since you can't bring them back.
If we;re talking real skill, it;d be the "classic" fantasy footy, where only one team can have each player, so it's all on an auction at the start.

From doing a world cup version of this at work a few years ago, the massive problem, is that the auction is the huge fun stage, then you're sort of screwed after that and can't really affect it.
That's why it wouldn't work for a whole league.

Paul_Scholes18

If we;re talking real skill, it;d be the "classic" fantasy footy, where only one team can have each player, so it's all on an auction at the start.

From doing a world cup version of this at work a few years ago, the massive problem, is that the auction is the huge fun stage, then you're sort of screwed after that and can't really affect it.
That's why it wouldn't work for a whole league.
Yeah I have played that at one website before. It is really tricky. Fun with friends for sure too, but hard to do on your own.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I have played that at one website before. It is really tricky. Fun with friends for sure too, but hard to do on your own.
Our work one had some interesting tactics. I think it was still 100m. One guy spent about 65m on Robben (!), whereas another guy "saved" about 80m :)
Not quite sure what for!

Rhyme Animal

Not being sarcastic! I've really never heard of that, and I've been doing FF for 10, maybe 11 years!

I think it's a really, really cool idea - the same FF we have now, but with teams not being able to be seen by other players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not being sarcastic! I've really never heard of that, and I've been doing FF for 10, maybe 11 years!

I think it's a really, really cool idea - the same FF we have now, but with teams not being able to be seen by other players.
Ah fair. apologies :)
Yeah I'd like to see it. I suppose you would lose the laughs at terrible decisions, or being gutted someone's brought in a 4 goal mid etc.
But it takes out any sort of cancelling out.

I suppose if you run cups in your league, you need to see the team to see if they've taken hits too (yes, i take it to that anorak level in my league! You have to though, as someone might score 90 points, but if they've taken 10 hits, that needs to be factored in)