Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sparky Rhiwabon

82 all out. Sounds like a good score but I think fairly average really. Probably gonna get hurt tomorrow
Yeah a lot of big scores about with the big three all scoring well plus a lot of popular clean sheets.

A fairly standard 76 with Perez and Jota to go here.

Brinky

87 with bonuses with Martial left to play, hopefully gets a nice brace:angel:

Played Rico over Montoya who only went and got a clean sheet, but everything else seems to have gone to plan!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
4.5m sub keeper out for 4.0 one (probably will never play)
4.5m sub defender out for 4.0 one
Sterling for Fraser
Greenwood for Wilson
Mcginn for Drinkwater

I might still put Wilson back in for Kane though. Also trying to get in a 5.0m striker in instead for Greenwood

I always use my wildcard in the first two weeks, as you especially get a understanding of the cheap players that will play. In this case Sterling forced my hand, he's going to go up and it will make it very difficult in the future to get him in if not done now. I am also referring back to my original thinking

I've often used it between weeks 3-5, but week 1 doesn't allow anything to settle really.

What happens if two chimpy price players suddenly make a real smash in weeks 2 or 3? You don't get much glimpse this early. All we've seen so far, is the highest priced players have smashed it. But that's why they're highest priced.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
87 with bonuses with Martial left to play, hopefully gets a nice brace:angel:

Played Rico over Montoya who only went and got a clean sheet, but everything else seems to have gone to plan!
Yep. Could do with Martial, and Maguire hauling.
70 or so was looking tidy, but now Kane has put that shift in not so much

Varun

Staff
80 odd with greenwood left to play. Think the average will be very this week but very happy with that nonetheless

starman

I've often used it between weeks 3-5, but week 1 doesn't allow anything to settle really.

What happens if two chimpy price players suddenly make a real smash in weeks 2 or 3? You don't get much glimpse this early. All we've seen so far, is the highest priced players have smashed it. But that's why they're highest priced.
Well that the risks, but what this weekend has shown is how essential Sterling and Salah are to have when registered as midfielders. Kane might not be, so he's probably the player that will give me financial cushion later on

Last edited:

klsv

Average is 50 at the moment so if you're near the 80 mark you're doing very good.

redmanc

Wow big week, i've made 80 and still got De Gea, Wan B and Perez to play. Dude in my work league is 95 but only got greenwood to go or Dendonker if Greenwood doesnt make the pitch, clean sheet tomorrow boys!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow big week, i've made 80 and still got De Gea, Wan B and Perez to play. Dude in my work league is 95 but only got greenwood to go or Dendonker if Greenwood doesnt make the pitch, clean sheet tomorrow boys!
A guy at work loves to do this triple-up thing on about 5 teams. He swears by it, despite abuse from everyone.

Anyway, he has De Gea, Maguire, WB, but for some reason also has Ederson!

So one goal kills him, plus he's ludicrously gone for 2 big team keepers - what a waste!

I have similar to you, but Martial instead of WB.

Fingers crossed for a storming win for all reasons!

Bratt

I currently got 62 points, with Wan-Bissaka, Pogba, Greenwood, Tielemans and Vardy left to play.
I’m pretty happy with that, being a complete newbie in this.

Bratt

A guy at work loves to do this triple-up thing on about 5 teams. He swears by it, despite abuse from everyone.

Anyway, he has De Gea, Maguire, WB, but for some reason also has Ederson!

So one goal kills him, plus he's ludicrously gone for 2 big team keepers - what a waste!

I have similar to you, but Martial instead of WB.

Fingers crossed for a storming win for all reasons!
Is having Ederson on your team a bad thing?
If so, why?

Edit: I see what you mean now, nwm!

Adcuth

How quickly do people think Sterling will rise in price ? I can fit him in at his current price after Gw2 with the two free transfers but might be too late by then.
Bit of advice from experience, if you have Salah already then don't worry about sterling. This year they'll get about the same points but having both will only lower the teams collective points. If you have neither I'd take sterling over salah personally. Don't try and fit both in though. I try shit like that every year and it fecks me up. Same goes for Kane. Their prices are too high

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Bit of advice from experience, if you have Salah already then don't worry about sterling. This year they'll get about the same points but having both will only lower the teams collective points. If you have neither I'd take sterling over salah personally. Don't try and fit both in though. I try shit like that every year and it fecks me up. Same goes for Kane. Their prices are too high
False, in my opinion. Why would you risk not having the players who accumulate the most points? Having Kane, Salah and Sterling is how you should play. at least early on.

Adcuth

I've got a good feeling we'll keep a clean sheet tomorrow. Just written isn't it with the way we've improved our defence

Adcuth

False, in my opinion. Why would you risk not having the players who accumulate the most points? Having Kane, Salah and Sterling is how you should play. at least early on.
Because it takes up that much of your budget that the rest of the team is shit. So if you have 2 of those 3 players and 1 blanks then your left with a load of players scoring 2 points or less. Just playing with 1 of those, allows you to have better players as backup in case your high value player blanks. From experience, I had salah and sterling last year all season and many times salah wouldn't score well on the same day that pep rotated and sterling came on for 10 mins. Ball ache

K2y91

97 with perez and barkley to go. Been lurking on redcafe for 10 years haha.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is having Ederson on your team a bad thing?
If so, why?

Edit: I see what you mean now, nwm!
I just wonder as he's a fairly solid player - at times!

I couldn't do that 3 defender thing - the league has that tendency to ruin you, like last night, the biggest home defensive banker, and Pool still concede. Cost me 2 cleanies, imagine 3!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While it came off this week, it needs to, when you're putting over a 1/3 of your budget into 3 players.

I didn't for a second entertain ideas of all 3. We'll see how it pans out a bit longer term.

All it takes is a low scoring game between City and Spurs next week, and 2 of those 3, might get minimal points.

BluesJr

While it came off this week, it needs to, when you're putting over a 1/3 of your budget into 3 players.

I didn't for a second entertain ideas of all 3. We'll see how it pans out a bit longer term.

All it takes is a low scoring game between City and Spurs next week, and 2 of those 3, might get minimal points.
There’s plenty of balance to be add by having those 3 in your team.

BluesJr

Because it takes up that much of your budget that the rest of the team is shit. So if you have 2 of those 3 players and 1 blanks then your left with a load of players scoring 2 points or less. Just playing with 1 of those, allows you to have better players as backup in case your high value player blanks. From experience, I had salah and sterling last year all season and many times salah wouldn't score well on the same day that pep rotated and sterling came on for 10 mins. Ball ache
The rest of my team isn’t shit. You can get a perfectly balanced team with having the 3 best players in the game in there.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Knew I should have forced Kane in but didn't want to start with Ryan, who ends up with a bloody clean sheet :mad:

On 72 points with AWB, Barkley, Perez to play...

Heardy

74 points with Martial Barkley and Jota to play.

Had Dunk on my bench so lost 12 points there!

Decent start but I wish I hadn’t swapped sterling for aaa lag as captain.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Agree.

Simply in terms of value per money spent, I don't think three premium players can justify themselves over the long run given you can only captain one for double scores (and thus better a better return for the money spent on them) in any given GW. I suspect that those who try to maintain it will find those individual players getting points but without their team making great strides overall.

It doesn't mean your team will be shit but based on how scoring worked in previous seasons it does mean you won't be getting the most possible from your side.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
63pts with AWB, De Gea, Perez, Vardy and Jiminez to play.

Hoping for a clean sheet for United and a high scoring wolves v leicester.

As for the debate above, I've opted for 1 premium midfielder (Sterling) and have padded the rest of my team out with decent/good players. People forget sometimes that lower team players can rack up the pts too particularly in games between other lower teams. It's not all about the glamour players.

roseguy64

84 points with Jimenez, Martial and Greenwood to play. Accidentally selected Greenwood as a starter. Captaining Sterling instead of Kane would have been better but can't really complain

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
As Camy said there is value in the cheaper players, Dunk has great fixtures for £4.5m and scored 11pts this GW. Use your free transfers to rotate those cheaper players around when a nice run of games come along.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
In 3 transfers, I could get all three of them.
Will have to sack off Digne, B.Silva and Sigurdsson for it though.

I can easily downgrade my King (6.5) to a 5.5 which will help me out - means I could still have a decent player or two in the downgrade like Digne > Stones for example.

Don’t think I’ll touch my team at all for the next gameweek. Seems like such a dodgy gameweek that I know if I make any changes, the opposite will happen.

Skåre Willoch

I went all of last season without Salah and only had Sterling for the final 10-12 games, and I won my league comfortably. Besides they are just boring.

Thing is, even if I released some funds, I wouldn't feel confident investing them in someone else. I could downgrade King by £0.5m, possibly one of Ake/Walker-Peters to a £4.5m defender and perhaps in midfield I could swap Barkley for a £5.0m player and that would give me £2.0m to invest in an upgrade. But I wouldn't even know who to upgrade - I don't see a point upgrading Firmino, it's not enough to upgrade any of my defenders or midfielders to someone materially better.

I was dithering between B. Silva and Sigurdsson but Sigurdsson will play every game and take set pieces. That is better value.

Martial and Rashford are cheap and play for a top 8 team that barely has any pieces to rotate them with. They will be relied on to score goals for United with only Pogba being able to contribute significantly of all other players. I think they are way undervalued. Likewise Barkley - possible penalty taker and a starter for a top 6 team.
I hate to do this, but still. Do you regret going without the two obvious midfielders?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I hate to do this, but still. Do you regret going without the two obvious midfielders?
It’s first game of a long, long season.

One I may try to move into the team is Aubameyang. I don’t expect to have Salah or Sterling.

Last edited:

kiristao

Aguero scored a goal, and he's just back from summer tournaments and holidays. I still think he is first choice over Jesus. He could score a couple next week. Regards B Siva all the so called experts have said he's one to pick, I personally didn't. If you want Sterling at some time the problem is he could rise twice this week.

fplstatistics.co.uk is I believe the best site to monitor possible price changes. Keep an idea there, the game makes its changes about 1am GST give it take about 30 minutes or so. Right now it dosent look like Sterling will raise tonight.
Thank you..

SSSSnake

78 points with Perez and Jimenez still to play. Probably the best start i’ve ever had. Those triple captaining Sterling I tip my hat to you.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
GW1 from last season I got 95 pts and thoight I had a great team. GW2 I got 26 and then had to play my wildcard early. A lot can change in a week. Have patience with your squads.