Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Nickosaur

Klopp's just said Adrian is a doubt for tomorrow - all those people who swapped out Alisson for Adrian :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Whats your thoughts of players to keep an eye out for this year? Good value players?

Im a bit tempted by Son when he comes back, but also see potential in Lacazette and Robinson (Sheffield United)..
Some that I'm keeping a close eye on...
Martial
Pukki
McGinn
Maupay
Mount
Barkley
Pulisic
Maguire
Rashford

livkalo

Supports
Liverpool
Whenever your player rises 0.2, you can sell him for 0.1.

So when Sterling gets to 12.2 and you bought him at 12 you can now sell him for 12.1

If he goes to 12.3, its still just 12.1 in resale.. when 12.4, you can sell him for 12.2
Thanks!

ROFLUTION

Some that I'm keeping a close eye on...
Martial
Pukki
McGinn
Maupay
Mount
Barkley
Pulisic
Maguire
Rashford
Nice. Any observations on the Chelsea players? Any good players with end product or in advanced positions? Im a bit hesitant on picking them up until we know a bit more, but they have a great schedule. Pukki is a neat player, followed him in Denmark - has good ability to be in the right positions.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Trying to refrain from transfers until next week. So hard :lol: 94 points last week but not confident this weekend.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Nice. Any observations on the Chelsea players? Any good players with end product or in advanced positions? Im a bit hesitant on picking them up until we know a bit more, but they have a great schedule. Pukki is a neat player, followed him in Denmark - has good ability to be in the right positions.
Too early to tell from one week to be honest, I just have a feeling that some of the Chelsea players have been underpriced (could also throw Pedro and Abraham / Giroud) in there as well. Not sure who will emerge as the real value though, maybe Pulisic.

SSSSnake

McGinn will score more goals. I'm glad I put him in last week as watched a lot of Villa games last season. Those who are looking to save some money defo take a punt on him.

SSSSnake

Who are people captaining this week? Sterling or Salah? I guess majority will go Salah but I think Sterling will get some chances this week. Villa tore them apart last week.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Prematurely put in Adrian instead of Martial earlier in the week. I'm a fool in man's shoes.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m not a fan of what my team looks like for this gameweek but I have to start planning to get Sterling in so I’m leaving my free transfer.
I’d love to drop Bernardo Silva or Sigurdsson now (he’s part of the drop to get Sterling) but I just can’t think of a good, cheap alternative that I can replace him with that will be cheap enough to get Sterling in for the following week.

Captaining is just as hard.
Chancing it with Sigurdsson or going with the tried and tested Salah who I don’t actually think will play all 90 minutes.

saivet

Forced into making a change with Felipe Anderson potentially missing West Ham's game. Gone with Pulisic as I think he'll start for Chelsea given his good game in the super cup.

Shadowchaser

I’m not a fan of what my team looks like for this gameweek but I have to start planning to get Sterling in so I’m leaving my free transfer.
I’d love to drop Bernardo Silva or Sigurdsson now (he’s part of the drop to get Sterling) but I just can’t think of a good, cheap alternative that I can replace him with that will be cheap enough to get Sterling in for the following week.

Captaining is just as hard.
Chancing it with Sigurdsson or going with the tried and tested Salah who I don’t actually think will play all 90 minutes.
I might take a chance on Sigurdsson as well. Its between him and Sterling hard to choose.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Going Salah captain. Sterling could smash it against Spurs but Spurs are a good team despite last week's performance. Salah could play 60 minutes and still get a brace. I could be brave and throw it on Siggy or Wilson but at this stage of the season, it's all about being safe.

ROFLUTION

Who are people captaining this week? Sterling or Salah? I guess majority will go Salah but I think Sterling will get some chances this week. Villa tore them apart last week.
Im on Sterling atm. Up against Walker Peters sounds good - seems like Spurs yet have to find a defensive balance after introducing Ndombele. Can't make myself go for Gylfi - missed a sitter last week, so rather pick an in form player. Just more potential in Salah or Sterling I think.

Jordan_mufc

Swapped Salah out for Sterling this week. Have KDB in my team also as I think they will run riot against Spurs this weekend.

SSSSnake

Im on Sterling atm. Up against Walker Peters sounds good - seems like Spurs yet have to find a defensive balance after introducing Ndombele. Can't make myself go for Gylfi - missed a sitter last week, so rather pick an in form player. Just more potential in Salah or Sterling I think.
Got to be brave init. I think i'll do the same. Sterling scored 2 against Spurs in the champs league at home last season. He's on fire so will get chances no doubt.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
McGinn will score more goals. I'm glad I put him in last week as watched a lot of Villa games last season. Those who are looking to save some money defo take a punt on him.
I've been mulling putting one of Grealish/McGinn/Trezeguet in. Fancy Villa with the fixtures they have. McGinn seems the safest bet but Grealish on goals/assists per minute last season fared better and he creates more chances. Trezeguet is a punt but I do have a feeling he's gonna have a strong season.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Not always possible though as some discovered this week. Sometimes you have to act quickly to beat the player value rise and drops.
That's the risk you take. I've tried to beat the price changes last season and then that player gets injured.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's also mad because we literally get twice as much info after GW2 compared to GW1. If you're (generally, not you) WCing after the first round of games then what the fudge were you doing all pre-season because it certainly wasn't planning!!?! How can you team be THAT bad that you want to WC? No "must haves" have emerged. Martial is good, Rashford too, but we have a tough game on Monday so I can't see why anyone would absolutely need to get them in now.

My pre-season plan was to WC in the October international break and I'm sticking with that (GW9).
Yep agreem
Chasing last week's points seems to be something a lot do as well.

However you have to establish the difference between a one off and a trend that you need to get on.
I dare say we've all stubbornly ignored someone who went up massively in value and kept scoring well.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I made Mane captain, again, :nervous:
Might be the best choice. I feel like we will start seeing a lot of people swap Salah for Mane in the near future as Mane is a cheaper option and is capable of doing as much as Salah. I just don’t have the balls to put him in now and I would rather wait until he starts showing some league form.

Captaincies choice this week will be difficult. I will probably stick to one of my premium players because at that price, they should be a viable captain choice each week. Lacazette, Pepe or Auba could put on a show at home against Burnley. However, those early fixtures tend to be cursed.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Not too optimistic about this week:

Ederson
Robertson Wan-Bissaka Zinchenko
De Bruyne Sigurddson (C) Barkley Martial
King Rashford Firmino

Bench: Perez, Ake, Walker-Peters

45 points would be fine I guess.

Dan_F

It took me fecking ages to understand this last season :lol:
Same. I’m still not sure that I’d transfer someone in just because their price is rising, like Martial for example. Seems like a strange way to make transfers, but then again it probably pays off nearer the end of the season when your squad is worth more and you can fit in more premium players.

Nickosaur

Same. I’m still not sure that I’d transfer someone in just because their price is rising, like Martial for example. Seems like a strange way to make transfers, but then again it probably pays off nearer the end of the season when your squad is worth more and you can fit in more premium players.
Yeah you can get too obsessed with value i think. I mean, if you're looking to get someone in and they are about to rise, then maybe you should go for it, but i've been burned so many times making early transfers. Now i always wait until the press conferences.

A good team value can help you towards the end of the season mind you. But it's not worth making sideways transfers at this stage in the season.

Sarni

There’s an error currently which allows some players to do unlimited transfers in the app. My friend has just made four transfers without any cost.

Sarni

Those premium players rise as well and become more expensive as the season goes.

Canuckred64

There’s an error currently which allows some players to do unlimited transfers in the app. My friend has just made four transfers without any cost.
There's been a couple of bugs in the game and that's one of them. Is this your friends first year playing? I have heard this happening to first time players. Unfortunately it's expected they won't get away it and they will see a point deduction. Wont be interested in knowing how this turns out.