Fantasy Premier League 19/20

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So the obvious big question. Captain Salah or Sterling? Liverpool and Salah have a good record against Arse. City seem to be flying though.

Fosu-Mens

So the obvious big question. Captain Salah or Sterling? Liverpool and Salah have a good record against Arse. City seem to be flying though.
Sterling. Kane, if you have him. Newcastle are already preparing for next season in the championship.

Arsenal are a better team compared to last season, and with Ceballos they have a player that can pass under pressure.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sterling. Kane, if you have him. Newcastle are already preparing for next season in the championship.

Arsenal are a better team compared to last season, and with Ceballos they have a player that can pass under pressure.
Decent advice. I've had it on Sterling all week too, so won't be as painful as changing last min and regretting.

Fosu-Mens

Decent advice. I've had it on Sterling all week too, so won't be as painful as changing last min and regretting.
Then again, Arsenals defenders are not the most stable. And Liverpool might let Salah stay up front as they did some game last season with Firminho and Mane helping the midfield and tracking back. So, might go both ways.

Will not cap Salah myself, but he might score a goal or two.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck can't decide between Wilson, Ceballos and Lundstram... Currently going with Wilson and Lundstram... Please help!

El-Manos

Ceballos might do feck all now for the next month. Will wait before I jump on that bandwagon.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ceballos might do feck all now for the next month. Will wait before I jump on that bandwagon.
He might do loads for a month then nothing for the rest of the season though. Gotta catch em early!

Another 2 games should give a more reasonable idea though. You'd expect some points if it's gonna be a decent buy.

KennyBurner

Just added Starboy/Wonderkid Martial to the roster for that fraud Zaha.

Always Captain Sterling. De bruyne will always find a way to assist him. However I would captain Mane if I had him this weekend against arsenal.

KennyBurner

My dilemma at the moment is how to shoehorn Sterling into my side.
I've currently got a Midfield of Zaha, Milivojevic & Perez, but if I sacrificed Aguero & Jiminez, I could even bring in De Bruyne to Midfield alongside Sterling too....But then my attack doesnt look as fearsome...:rolleyes:
Get rid of that fraud Zaha till crystal palace stop lumping the ball like a division 2 team.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Need some help guys... 2 FTs:

Ryan
AWB | Boly | Zinchenko | Emerson
Mane | KDB | Guendouzi | Sterling | Martial
Kane

Subs: Greenwood, Kelly, Wickham, Button

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

90 + 5min

Let's hope for more progress this week. Last week was bad one but still on a positive note somehow (ranking). This week I made two free transfers. Out went Perez and Van Aanholt to make space for McGinn and El Mohamady. Both Aston Villa. I was impressed with McGinn and have a feeling that he will do very well against Everton. This time I dont want to talk like I did with Cantwell and do nothing just to see him produce points. ElMohamady is underrated and if you look at his stats (compared to players at same price range) then it is good business. This week my team is decided to 95% and looks like this:

Kane, King
Moutinho - Sterling - Martial - Salah - McGinn
WanBissaka - Rose - Dunk
Henderson

Pope, Rico, ElMohamady, Greenwood

Now, there is little bit of thinking...
ElMohamady for King? ElMohamady for Dunk? Or nothing.
Making Kane triple captain or not?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone discovered a Manchester United players' fantasy league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/02641c98-f448-4c60-ab3c-1b9145e6a128
Surely the FA would have a dim view on this?
Anything even remotely betting related is ruled out, even if it's a division they've never played in, so something like this has to be borderline!

Imagine if they're like us, and Smalling or someone makes a mistake and lets Salah or someone score
"Oh well, at least he got 5 points for the goal"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anything even remotely betting related is ruled out, even if it's a division they've never played in, so something like this has to be borderline!

Imagine if they're like us, and Smalling or someone makes a mistake and lets Salah or someone score
There's loads of players with FPL teams. Quite a few have themselves in.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Please help me with this; What is more likely

-Sheffield United to keep a clean sheet home against Leicester and/or Lundstram getting a goal or an assist (he plays in midfield)

OR

-Andreas Pereira getting a goal or an assist against Crystal Palace?

El-Manos

-Sheffield United to keep a clean sheet home against Leicester and/or Lundstram getting a goal or an assist (he plays in midfield)

OR

Didn’t start against wolves

Withnail

OR

I'm not sure any of these options are very likely.

Pereira may not even start and with Leicester expected to score and slight fav for the win, Lundstram to get some points is the most likely outcome.

Nickosaur

OR

The first is more likely. They are both incredibly unlikely tbh.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wildcarded and am now happy with this. Risky not to have Mane or Salah, I know, but De Bruyne should be close to that bracket this season and I'm interested to see what form Rashford and Martial can continue with too. Would like a second Spurs midfielder or forward for tomorrow, but could see any of Son, Lamela or Moura benched.

This also allows me to go from Kane & KWP to Firmino & Van Dijk should Liverpool sort themselves out this weekend, or alternatively Kane & Martial to Barnes & Mane should the first continue to impress and Martial returns to being Le Sulk.

Yeah, I'm surprised they are allowed to. I guess the FPL doesn't have a cash prize like some others, but it seems to be one of those things where policy hasn't kept with the times.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
After wild card this week going with:

Ederson
van Dijk / Wan-Bissaka / Laporte / Walker-Peters
De Bruyne / Sigurdsson / Martial / Robinson
Rashford / Aubameyang

Bench: Button, Lundstram, Barnes, Ceballos

Half a million in the bank but no real plans to bring anyone in to be honest. I'll keep it for possible future improvements.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
2.0% of managers have chosen Son by the way :p. My little tip. He’s back from suspension and at home to a poor Newcastle could return a big points return, so much so im gambling on him coming straight back into the team by captaining him. Poch will probably bring him on off the bench after Lamela and Lucas have started the season well but he’s definitely a great addition in the long term.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
2.0% of managers have chosen Son by the way :p. My little tip. He’s back from suspension and at home to a poor Newcastle could return a big points return, so much so im gambling on him coming straight back into the team by captaining him. Poch will probably bring him on off the bench after Lamela and Lucas have started the season well but he’s definitely a great addition in the long term.
Still deciding between him and Kane. Don't feel like I can be without a Spurs attacker for the their run now.

Basically VVD & Son vs Walker-Peters & Kane. I know Walker-Peters is a future rotation risk but he should be ok for a while yet. Would switch to Boly when that time comes as Wolves look fairly solid at the back this season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
After wild card this week going with:

Ederson
van Dijk / Wan-Bissaka / Laporte / Walker-Peters
De Bruyne / Sigurdsson / Martial / Robinson
Rashford / Aubameyang

Bench: Button, Lundstram, Barnes, Ceballos

Half a million in the bank but no real plans to bring anyone in to be honest. I'll keep it for possible future improvements.
No Sterling, Mane or Salah? Can’t get on board with that. Too much money in defence for me personally but if that’s how you want to play!

Sarni

Still deciding between him and Kane. Don't feel like I can be without a Spurs attacker for the their run now.

Basically VVD & Son vs Walker-Peters & Kane. I know Walker-Peters is a future rotation risk but he should be ok for a while yet. Would switch to Boly when that time comes as Wolves look fairly solid at the back this season.
Walker-Peters is fine for now, I'll also switch him for someone else in the future but he should be playing in the next 2-3 games and could potentially get a clean sheet.

Sarni

No Sterling, Mane or Salah? Can’t get on board with that. Too much money in defence for me personally but if that’s how you want to play!
Yeah I will never get Salah and at this price I will not take Sterling this year either. Mane is also well overpriced.

Not a big fan of significantly downgrading 4-5 players in order to get a £12m+ player that everyone has anyway. Wouldn't be surprised at all if KDB came within 30 points from Sterling which would be more than made up by having Martial, Sigurdsson and van Dijk as opposed to some duds. Basically I am trying to find as many players with high points to cost ratio rather than just stick Salah, Sterling and a bunch of randoms and hope that them two score as much as they can.

I think Martial and Rashford will have excellent points to cost this year. Not entirely convinced about Sigurdsson but he had a superb ratio last year (think it was better than Sterling and Salah).

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Leicester have some winnable games coming up so I’m sticking with Perez and putting lundstram in.

Pope
Taa, awb, perrera, digne, (lundstram)
Sterling, salah, martial, Perez, sigi
King (Greenwood, long)

Fairly happy at the minute but need to start seeing something from Perez and sigi as might be able to squeeze rashford in.
United and Spurs coming up next month?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah I will never get Salah and at this price I will not take Sterling this year either. Mane is also well overpriced.

Not a big fan of significantly downgrading 4-5 players in order to get a £12m+ player that everyone has anyway. Wouldn't be surprised at all if KDB came within 30 points from Sterling which would be more than made up by having Martial, Sigurdsson and van Dijk as opposed to some duds. Basically I am trying to find as many players with high points to cost ratio rather than just stick Salah, Sterling and a bunch of randoms and hope that them two score as much as they can.

I think Martial and Rashford will have excellent points to cost this year. Not entirely convinced about Sigurdsson but he had a superb ratio last year (think it was better than Sterling and Salah).
That’s all good but you’ll get killed every GW any of those three do well.

Sarni

That’s all good but you’ll get killed every GW any of those three do well.
My friend has Salah, Sterling and Kane, and all of them did very well on the opening weekend. I'm now ahead of him anyway, and was like 15 behind that gameweek despite all three doing well. I'll be fine.

I only care about the league with my friends to be honest, don't care at all about worldwide rankings.