Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think this is the first season where my gw1 team likely won't have any Utd players. Martial is the only one I'm interested in tbh but there are so many great midfielders for between 7 and 8m that I can't really justify going for him (at least not immediately). Are most others the same?
I got AWB. Not sure I'll keep him but he is a bonus points magnet. I remember last year Palace lost a game and he STILL got 3 bonus points :lol:

I need to figure out if KDB will start for City. If he does, my team is in great shape. If not, I'll have to find a way to get Sterling in.

devil in me

I think this is the first season where my gw1 team likely won't have any Utd players. Martial is the only one I'm interested in tbh but there are so many great midfielders for between 7 and 8m that I can't really justify going for him (at least not immediately). Are most others the same?
Yep. There isnt a single united player you'd back to get some decent points. Defence is a write off altogether, we dont get any real numbers from midfield bar pogba and Rashford might get a few as the main man, but there are certainly safer options in his bracket.
Pogba if he is still here would be the only one possibly worth a gamble but even so im not going near him this season.

Dazzmondo

I got AWB. Not sure I'll keep him but he is a bonus points magnet. I remember last year Palace lost a game and he STILL got 3 bonus points :lol:
I've got to be honest, I followed AWB all season and I love him but he won't be getting those bps at Utd. The way Palace played (deep) enabled him to make those tackles consistently, he won't need to make anywhere near as many tackles at Utd. If I was to go for a Utd defender (which I absolutely am not until I see some evidence we've improved) it would undoubtedly be Shaw. I wouldn't consider anyone else all season. AWB will free him up to get forward a lot more imo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If Sanchez came back magically looking like his old self then I might take a punt on him but that obviously isn't going to happen. He's only 30 though so it's remarkable that he seems to be *that* past it.

Beyond that miracle it's a wait and see.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Fabianski (Button)
Robertson, Laporte, Van Dijk (Dunk, Lascelles)
Salah, Zaha, Sigurdsson, Bernardo (Dendoncker)
Wilson, Jimenez, Jota

Last edited:

Adcuth

I need to figure out if KDB will start for City. If he does, my team is in great shape. If not, I'll have to find a way to get Sterling in.
That's why I have him. Where bonus points our concerned, he will be in the top 3 for most of the season

Lookatu

I've gone with:
______________Gunn_________________

___Egan_____Laporte_____Robertson__

B.Silva__Mane(c)__Richarlison__Grealish

____Firmino____Andone____Aguero____

Subs: Button, Djanepo, Rico, Kelly

Skåre Willoch

I have the perfect team right now. Top 10 guaranteed. Wildcard in week three also guaranteed.

Canuckred64

Is there a head to head redcafe league? I have been in one before, but it must not automatically renew, unless whomever set it up last year has not rejoined the game yet.

Adcuth

Need a 6.5 midfielder. Thinking Brooks or moutinho. Any recommendations?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Need a 6.5 midfielder. Thinking Brooks or moutinho. Any recommendations?
Perez? 6.5mid in an attacking side who could be playing behind Vardy.

Or Brighton's Groß. Solid FPL performer who faces Watford, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley in his first five fixtures.

Adcuth

Or Brighton's Groß. Solid FPL performer who faces Watford, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley in his first five fixtures.
Already got perez, those are some tasty fixtures for Brighton though. Will deffo consider him

LuckyScout78

Who will start as fullback for Spurs if both of Trippier and Rose leaving?

Im thinking Spurs will have a clean sheet against Villa and have many goals against Villa. Then its a good chance the full back get assists.

Ben Davies was playing around 1800 minutes last season, but didn’t have any assist. Walker is right foot, to 5.0 mill.

Im planning a good start . Find assist players to Kane and Spurs attackers against Villa. Spurs will dominate and have the ball most of the time.

Of the 3 newcomers. Norwich looks like they have good and decent attacking players upfront. Many goalscorer. So if Max Aarons start regular. 4.5 mill for him is a must have. M.A is my recommendation to have on fantasy.
I think Norwich will survive. Can be a team great to watch attacking football.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Perez or Maddison ? Maddison will be on set-pieces but Perez will be more of a threat imo. Tough one.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Perez or Maddison ? Maddison will be on set-pieces but Perez will be more of a threat imo. Tough one.
I went Perez but Maddison is more nailed and already knows the system

Perez is having a good preseason though

AkaAkuma

is it not better to go with 5 defenders? 6-7M players score higher than most midfielders and strikers.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

Gundogan is always a good bet at 5.5m, he'll play plenty again and I think is the best cheap midfield option.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Going with:

Ryan
van Dijk, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Dunk
Mane, Sterling, Zaha
Jota, rashford, King

Fahrmann, Grealish, Hayden, Targett

1.5 mill left - not sure if I'll bring Salah in for Mane or improve my bench (swap out Hayden). Time to think about it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Gundogan is always a good bet at 5.5m, he'll play plenty again and I think is the best cheap midfield option.
I think I'd prefer to start with a 6.5m rather a 5.5m though. If your initial pick is off there are a lot more alternatives to jump on at 6.5.

Plus you might want three other City picks. I have Sterling + KDB loosely in my team atm and could well want a City defender too, especially if a cheaper option like Zinchenko looks like playing.

Neo_Mufc

No one fancies Rashford or Pogba? Our opening set of fixtures don't seem too bad.

I have a balanced team but no star players... Do I bring in Kane, Aguero or Salah. Not sure.

0161_UNITED

I just dropped Mane for B. Silva with a plan to bank the cash and see how it goes with Mane, Salah, etc. I’m concerned any AFCON players are risks to start the season, but especially Mane.

0161_UNITED

No one fancies Rashford or Pogba? Our opening set of fixtures don't seem too bad.

I have a balanced team but no star players... Do I bring in Kane, Aguero or Salah. Not sure.
Depends on your team, but Rashford costs 1m more than Jimenez and .5 more than Callum Wilson, so it’s a tough decision. Pogba costs .5 more than Bernardo Silva. Kane looks value for money at 11, but he’s also a notoriously slow starter. Salah played in the final, then AFCON so he’s probably knackered. Aguero you’re paying a premium for - 1m more than Kane.

0161_UNITED

Going with:

Ryan
van Dijk, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Dunk
Mane, Sterling, Zaha
Jota, rashford, King

Fahrmann, Grealish, Hayden, Targett

1.5 mill left - not sure if I'll bring Salah in for Mane or improve my bench (swap out Hayden). Time to think about it.
Nice team. Personally I’m extremely worried Mane might be rested at the start of the season and he’ll lose value until he starts playing.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Nice team. Personally I’m extremely worried Mane might be rested at the start of the season and he’ll lose value until he starts playing.
Ya, it’s why I left room to do a quick swap out. I’ll just see how it goes and when he returns. I’ll prob pluck for Salah as scouse have a reasonable start fixture wise

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My current team

Ryan
AWB, Digne, Robertson
Sterling, Maddison, Salah, Sigurdsson
King, Delofeou, Hamer

Subs: Button, Dendonker, Aarons, Kelly

Feels weird not having a premium forward...

Thunderhead

Supports
City
first team I've done

Ederson (Button)

Digne - VVD - Robertson - Taylor (Kelly)

Salah - KDB - Sigurdsson - Zaha (Dendonker)

Jiminez - King (Wickham)

Have £2 left over, bet by day 1 I've only 4 or 5 of this 11

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've had a decent stab today. To mix it up I started by making a team I liked but with nobody over £10m in it. Then I tinkered with it to fit Salah in...

Ederson (Button)

TAA / VVD / Digne / Zinchenko (Cathcart)

Lucas Moura / Salah (c) / KDB / Fraser (Dendoncker)

Wilson / Deulofeu (Greenwood)

Looks strong for GW1 at least but no doubt it'll change before then.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I've had a decent stab today. To mix it up I started by making a team I liked but with nobody over £10m in it. Then I tinkered with it to fit Salah in...

Ederson (Button)

TAA / VVD / Digne / Zinchenko (Cathcart)

Lucas Moura / Salah (c) / KDB / Fraser (Dendoncker)

Wilson / Deulofeu (Greenwood)

Looks strong for GW1 at least but no doubt it'll change before then.
Relying heavily on defense imo. I would rather wait and see how KdB is doing (Haven't seen their pre-season so no clue)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Relying heavily on defense imo. I would rather wait and see how KdB is doing (Haven't seen their pre-season so no clue)
True but if you can find me a midfielder or striker that offers up as much as TAA & VVD for their price points then I'm all ears. I don't think they'll be far off 20 clean sheets again this year and you can argue that with more game time TAA could be the new Alonso.

I doubt I'll double on City defense either by the time the season starts. Think there's value in a budget set and forget gk with an increased chance of pen saves and bps compared to a steady 6 from Ederson.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Not worth having Pope imo if Allison is your other GK. I'd wait and see on United players and Haller personally as well. Tough starts for them.
Yeh im gambling on Haller. I thought after City (where he could make a name for himself scoring at home on his debut) they have a good run of fixtures. He’s a good target man who will be supplying goals and assists. Knowing my fantasy luck though he’ll start off really rubbish then scoring a run of braces when i transfer him out.