Fantasy Premier League 19/20

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Higher for both him and Robertson.

AWB will get a major boost I'll bet
Robertson is 7. Scored a fair bit more than TAA last season if I remember right.

WanB will be 5.5 or 6 I reckon. He was great to have last season, but mostly because of his price point.

Varun

Staff
Kane's great value at 11. The only surprise I've seen when I had a quick glance earlier.

Nickosaur

Reckon TAA will be 6 or 6.5, so I'll go with him over Robertson.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Feck me. Might just triple up on Liverpool defence/keeper with their opening fixtures.

Jiminez isn't so obvious either, with their opening games.

Anyone going for WanB? Not the easiest of starts for us but not the worst, then goes hellish in Oct/Nov. I want him but think we'll need a good CB to maximise his points.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Am I blind or are there only two chips now? Seems like they dropped Free Hit.

Sanchez has dropped from 10.5 to 7 and Lukaku from 11.5 to 8.5.

Two of the biggest drops as far as I can remember...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure why you'd want to do such a thing but if you put AWB in now you'll be able to have 4 United players in by the time the season kicks off

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My team for week 1

Fabianski

Alexander-Arnold
Ake
Robertson

Bernardo
Guendouzi (long term it'll be Aarons brought into the defence)
David Silva
Maddison
Sterling

Aubameyang
Vardy

Subs: McGovern, Greenwood, Aarons, Hanley

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Auto team until a week before the season starts. No point titting about too much at this stage.

Quick glance and Kane catches my eye at that reduced price.

Zaha back as a mid too. Might move clubs so one to watch. Especially if he replaces Auba at Arsenal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is it just me or do Chelsea not have a single player over £7m? And where's Pulisic?!

Adcuth

AWB is set at 5.5, reckon he'll increase when we sign him

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Draft 1.5

Ederson
Robertson TAA WanB
Sterling Mane Milivojevic Perez
Jiminez Jota King

Button Diop Kelly Mendy

Nickosaur

God this is fecking difficult.

I'm thinking Zaha at 7m and a mid is a steal. Annoying that Jota is a fwd.

Only certainties for me are Kane at 11m, Zaha and probably two Liverpool defs.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Robertson and TAA at 7 is tricky. Especially with Mane at 11.5 and Salah at 12.5. Don't think I'll be tripling up on them then. Might go with Robertson and Mane.

Zaha at 7 as a midfielder feels like a no brainer.

Sterling and Aguero at 12 means I'll only get one City player (mainly due to their rotation). Sterling feels the safer pick.

Jiminez at 7.5 plus their difficult fixtures and Europa feels like a poison chalice. Maybe Jota at 6.5 as a striker is the better option?

Anyone know which 4.0 defenders play? Making decisions like that are essential for a long term run.

Patchbeard

Robertson and TAA at 7 is tricky. Especially with Mane at 11.5 and Salah at 12.5. Don't think I'll be tripling up on them then. Might go with Robertson and Mane.

Zaha at 7 as a midfielder feels like a no brainer.

Sterling and Aguero at 12 means I'll only get one City player (mainly due to their rotation). Sterling feels the safer pick.

Jiminez at 7.5 plus their difficult fixtures and Europa feels like a poison chalice. Maybe Jota at 6.5 as a striker is the better option?

Anyone know which 4.0 defenders play? Making decisions like that are essential for a long term run.
Long post incoming...

Can confirm having gone through the dregs of defenders that no defenders that are 4.0 look like starters. The only hope from them is Kelly may start when AWB goes, which is reflected by him being by far the most popular 4.0 defender.

4.5 defenders also seem thin on the ground, the attacking full-backs from promoted sides are gambles that might pay off (El Mohammedy, Aarons) as they both got a lot of assists last season, but they might ship goals. For CBs Diop is decent value at 4.5.

GKs also there is no potential starters at 4.0, Heaton looks like best value at 4.5, but currently I can't squeeze enough value out of the team to afford a 4.5 rotation GK so will stick with Ederson as GK for every game. Made a mistake towards end of last seasom of having two ~4.5 keepers who I thought I could rotate and get points, but both kept fecking up. Better off going for either Ederson or Allison depending on how many City/Pool outfield players you have.

Midfield from the big sides B.Silva is very popular as he hasn't gone up much and Sterling is now very expensive, so guessing most people are going Bilva over Sterling as a City mid. Mane is a lot more expensive this season so Salah is probably the better value now as he tends to get more assists.

In terms of value mids, Pereyra and Doucoure are still the same price at 6.0 despite having decent seasons and have a decent start so planning to start with one of them. Brooks and Fraser are both a bit more expensive so planning to wait and see if one is worth having. Leicester also have some great potential options but no idea who to pick. Maddison is still only 7.0 so seems a pretty safe pick if you can afford him, if not Barnes (6.0 or Gray (5.5) are gambles that could pay off, but no idea which will be favoured over the other or if they'll be rotated for each other and both be worthless. Ayoze Perez is now a midfielder for no apparent reason so could be an option, depending on where he plays under a new manager, though he was very streaky last season with a late hattrick inflating his stats. If Zaha moves on then Meyer at 5.5 is promising.

At promoted teams there's a few who could have potential but all have a tough opener so won't gamble on any yet. McGinn and El Ghazi look best value at 5.5 as both had slightly better stats per minute than Grealish last season who's 6.0, but Grealish may now be on pens with Abraham gone. Buendia at Norwich at 6.0 is also interesting having got double figures for goals and assists last season.

All 5.0 midfielders seem pretty worthless except Hojbjerg may finally be stepping up if he can avoid red cards. And 4.5 the only potential I can see is Leitner if he starts.

Forwards, no idea why Kane is now 11.0 so that's a must. Wilson has gone up a fair bit unlike King, but then King is a bit shite and Wilson should get more points, if (big if) he avoids injury. Giroud at 7.0 could be a steal if he actually starts. Anyone 6.0 and below looks garbage. Don't have much faith in Pukki or Sharp carrying their Championship record up. Shane Long at 5.0 is maybe the only value, but that relies on Ings and Austin being injured (likely).

So generally looks like they've actually done an okay job of having no interesting cheap players :( I'm sure some will turn up though.

So far I've gone with:
Ederson
Robertson Laporte Gomez
Salah B.Silva Zaha Pereyra Gray
Kane Wilson
Subs: Button ElMo Kelly Greenwood

0.0 in bank :nono:
Tempting to downgrade Wilson to a 6.5 forward then be able to make slight upgrades to Kelly, Gray and Greenwood.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Long post incoming...

Can confirm having gone through the dregs of defenders that no defenders that are 4.0 look like starters. The only hope from them is Kelly may start when AWB goes, which is reflected by him being by far the most popular 4.0 defender.

4.5 defenders also seem thin on the ground, the attacking full-backs from promoted sides are gambles that might pay off (El Mohammedy, Aarons) as they both got a lot of assists last season, but they might ship goals. For CBs Diop is decent value at 4.5.

GKs also there is no potential starters at 4.0, Heaton looks like best value at 4.5, but currently I can't squeeze enough value out of the team to afford a 4.5 rotation GK so will stick with Ederson as GK for every game. Made a mistake towards end of last seasom of having two ~4.5 keepers who I thought I could rotate and get points, but both kept fecking up. Better off going for either Ederson or Allison depending on how many City/Pool outfield players you have.

Midfield from the big sides B.Silva is very popular as he hasn't gone up much and Sterling is now very expensive, so guessing most people are going Bilva over Sterling as a City mid. Mane is a lot more expensive this season so Salah is probably the better value now as he tends to get more assists.

In terms of value mids, Pereyra and Doucoure are still the same price at 6.0 despite having decent seasons and have a decent start so planning to start with one of them. Brooks and Fraser are both a bit more expensive so planning to wait and see if one is worth having. Leicester also have some great potential options but no idea who to pick. Maddison is still only 7.0 so seems a pretty safe pick if you can afford him, if not Barnes (6.0 or Gray (5.5) are gambles that could pay off, but no idea which will be favoured over the other or if they'll be rotated for each other and both be worthless. Ayoze Perez is now a midfielder for no apparent reason so could be an option, depending on where he plays under a new manager, though he was very streaky last season with a late hattrick inflating his stats. If Zaha moves on then Meyer at 5.5 is promising.

At promoted teams there's a few who could have potential but all have a tough opener so won't gamble on any yet. McGinn and El Ghazi look best value at 5.5 as both had slightly better stats per minute than Grealish last season who's 6.0, but Grealish may now be on pens with Abraham gone. Buendia at Norwich at 6.0 is also interesting having got double figures for goals and assists last season.

All 5.0 midfielders seem pretty worthless except Hojbjerg may finally be stepping up if he can avoid red cards. And 4.5 the only potential I can see is Leitner if he starts.

Forwards, no idea why Kane is now 11.0 so that's a must. Wilson has gone up a fair bit unlike King, but then King is a bit shite and Wilson should get more points, if (big if) he avoids injury. Giroud at 7.0 could be a steal if he actually starts. Anyone 6.0 and below looks garbage. Don't have much faith in Pukki or Sharp carrying their Championship record up. Shane Long at 5.0 is maybe the only value, but that relies on Ings and Austin being injured (likely).

So generally looks like they've actually done an okay job of having no interesting cheap players :( I'm sure some will turn up though.

So far I've gone with:
Ederson
Robertson Laporte Gomez
Salah B.Silva Zaha Pereyra Gray
Kane Wilson
Subs: Button ElMo Kelly Greenwood

0.0 in bank :nono:
Tempting to downgrade Wilson to a 6.5 forward then be able to make slight upgrades to Kelly, Gray and Greenwood.
Great post. Every year there are a few cheapies that help steady the ship. Last year, AWB and Bennett were both 4.0 starters. This year, there seem to be absolutely none.

I'm always reluctant on promoted team players, usually championship form doesn't translate to premiere league. Sessegnon, Knockheart and Cairney are examples of this.

I won't touch Wilson with a barge pole. He has fecked me two seasons in a row :lol:

Annoyed that Jota and Delofeu are strikers. Makes their value not as important.