Fantasy Premier League 19/20

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Talking about that, is it worth doing Salah to Sterling to catch the rise? I did a lot of switching to catch them early last season and had loads of money to play with.

Salah has another good fixture though.

Chillosophy

Those over 100 (top of the list) are likely to increase that evening. Those at the bottom are close to falling.
Ah cheers, does it work both ways with under -100? There's none under -96 atm, so no price drops likely to happen tonight?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
78 points, would have been on 100 if I stuck with my original team. Wildcard activated. If United starts playing like shite, you can blame me. Unfortunately I can’t have more than 3 United players.

Last edited:

Stadjer

90 points. I do have Rui Patricio as my goalkeeper... might be worth switching to Liverpool second choice goalkeeper though

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
78 points, would have been on 100 if I stuck with my original team. Wildcard activated. If United starts playing like shite, you can blame me. Unfortunately I can’t have more than 3 United players.
If you got them in early enough you could've had the entire back 4 plus Rashford. I wonder if anyone was crazy enough to go with 5 United players?

Granted you have to take them out with your first transfers but still...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Use fantasyfootballfix for price changes, it’s accuracy is near perfect.
Nowhere near perfect. They've always been hit and miss. Fplstatistics is far more reliable.

Having said that, FPL usually tweak their algorithms before every season. So could take a week or two before these price prediction sites pick up the correct trends and thresholds.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Talking about that, is it worth doing Salah to Sterling to catch the rise? I did a lot of switching to catch them early last season and had loads of money to play with.

Salah has another good fixture though.
'Another good fixture' :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
BTW, do Overall worldwide standings exclude players?

Asking because last year the winner was around 60 something points from what I remember, and I am under impression we have people on here who are 80-90 every single week.

Varun

Staff
BTW, do Overall worldwide standings exclude players?

Asking because last year the winner was around 60 something points from what I remember, and I am under impression we have people on here who are 80-90 every single week.
Do you mean the average? Last year's winner would have been around the 70 point mark. No one here gets 80-90 points every week man, different folks ace different GWs

Sarni

Do you mean the average? Last year's winner would have been around the 70 point mark. No one here gets 80-90 points every week man, different folks ace different GWs
Yes, average. I think 67 or 68. Don't remember precisely.

A lot of folks are coming on here with stuff like 'disappointing week, only 77 pts', '85 points, could have done better' etc., etc. which makes me wonder about the validity of those overall standings. I am personally happy with any week above 50, anything over 60 is excellent.

Sarni

I've replaced Alisson with Ederson. Wanted Adrian initially but that would have required me to do more transfers in the future when Alisson is back, and Ederson I can keep for the whole season.

I think I'll downgrade Ake to Kelly and one of my midfielders (possibly Perez as I'm really fond of KDB, Martial, Barkley and Sigurdsson) with the intention of ugprading Firmino to Aubameyang in a couple of weeks. Firmino is fine to stay for now as Liverpool without Mane will have to distribute goals but eventualy I want him phased out and replaced by Auba.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What a bizarre thing to say. All players will blank.
You know what I mean. He can score but last season he was patchy at the best of times. Hes never had a run of games and never even got past the 2000minute mark. I hope things change this season for him and Ole plays him for a good run of games.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
You know what I mean. He can score but last season he was patchy at the best of times. Hes never had a run of games and never even got past the 2000minute mark. I hope things change this season for him and Ole plays him for a good run of games.
Agreed. Good start obviously but still has a lot to prove as a number 9. The encouraging thing was Ole's comments after the game imo as it seems like he's certainly been instructed to get in the box as often as possible.

Easy swap for me from Lucas Moura anyway. Kneejerking Siggy out with his run seems foolhardy after 1 game.

Varun

Staff
Yes, average. I think 67 or 68. Don't remember precisely.

A lot of folks are coming on here with stuff like 'disappointing week, only 77 pts', '85 points, could have done better' etc., etc. which makes me wonder about the validity of those overall standings. I am personally happy with any week above 50, anything over 60 is excellent.
It was a high scoring GW and people tend to forget its a long season. That's why you see such posts

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't be disappointed with an 86.
Wish id left Rashford in instead of going Wilson. But Bournemouth had sheff utd at home and no one thought we'd smash chelsea like that!!

Edit just realised rashy is 0.5 higher value so no chance of a single transfer switch now. Wolves away is tough too...

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Agreed. Good start obviously but still has a lot to prove as a number 9. The encouraging thing was Ole's comments after the game imo as it seems like he's certainly been instructed to get in the box as often as possible.

Easy swap for me from Lucas Moura anyway
. Kneejerking Siggy out with his run seems foolhardy after 1 game.
Hope I'm wrong, but Moura will probably score more than Martial...

He very nearly did this weekend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't know... I'm going with what you have, I guess. You almost have 25 000 posts. You obviously know what you're talking about ;)
Haha maybe.
Normally come high up my work league. But then we don't half pad that out with pony :lol:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Anyone knows if B. Silva's gonna play much? I got away with him this time round but seriously considering B.Silva & A.Perez -> Pogba & Ndombele swap.

Emzreus

For the same price, Pogba or Rashford, who's the better choice?

Pogba's probably the only one in our team that'll get assists regularly and Rashford and Martial are our strikers. Which choice's wiser?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Anyone knows if B. Silva's gonna play much? I got away with him this time round but seriously considering B.Silva & A.Perez -> Pogba & Ndombele swap.
Asking how much B.Silva is going to play is like asking how long is a piece of rope. Pep rotates everyone. Even if Aguero starts he'll most likely not be completing 90mins. No one is safe except Sterling. Even De Bruyne will most likely be subbed off to save his legs and protect from injury.

Withnail

For the same price, Pogba or Rashford, who's the better choice?

Pogba's probably the only one in our team that'll get assists regularly and Rashford and Martial are our strikers. Which choice's wiser?
I'd go with Rashford, given he seems to be on penalties this year. Was there any talk of this being a permanent move or if it would be rotated?