Fantasy Premier League 19/20

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Considering it's looking like no rises, the temptation to use my wildcard to get Sterling in is subsiding. I still want the team I'd planned with it though. Probably Martial in for Fraser first, after the next game. Also looking at Ederson to Pope, Ake to Zinchenko. Would have to do Vardy to a 6m striker to make it all work though.

Would end up with this

Pope
Robinson VVD WanB Zinchenko
Salah Sterling KDB Martial
King Calvert-Lewin (or other 6m)

Obviously the striker being the weakest link. The rest seems top though.

My current team being
Ederson
Robinson VVD WanB Ake
Salah KDB Siggy Fraser
King Vardy

I'm lying, I'm still tempted.
I'd personally spread some of that defence cost out to Kane/Aubameyang.

Varun

Staff
Considering it's looking like no rises, the temptation to use my wildcard to get Sterling in is subsiding. I still want the team I'd planned with it though. Probably Martial in for Fraser first, after the next game. Also looking at Ederson to Pope, Ake to Zinchenko. Would have to do Vardy to a 6m striker to make it all work though.

Would end up with this

Pope
Robinson VVD WanB Zinchenko
Salah Sterling KDB Martial
King Calvert-Lewin (or other 6m)

Obviously the striker being the weakest link. The rest seems top though.

My current team being
Ederson
Robinson VVD WanB Ake
Salah KDB Siggy Fraser
King Vardy

I'm lying, I'm still tempted.
I'd wait a while before making these moves personally because a) striker options at 6mil are terrible b) You want to see what Pep does to include Cancelo and how he treats Mendy. Both could impact Zinchenko. Lastly, c) I'd wait on Martial.

Nialinho

People thinking Zinchenko is gonna keep his place this weekend? I'm in a league with a £250 prize for the winner so taking it fairly seriously for once :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
People thinking Zinchenko is gonna keep his place this weekend? I'm in a league with a £250 prize for the winner so taking it fairly seriously for once :lol:
If Pep can bench one of his favourites (Bernardo) on his birthday, he is capable of anything. Second guessing baldy is a pointless exercise.

Nialinho

If Pep can bench one of his favourites (Bernardo) on his birthday, he is capable of anything. Second guessing baldy is a pointless exercise.
Indeed. Got a weird feeling he'll go with Cancelo as a make shift left back until Mendy is fit and then Walker will drop out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd personally spread some of that defence cost out to Kane/Aubameyang.
It's not possible unless I don't go for Sterling. I'd have to go for a completely different approach to get all of them.

I'd wait a while before making these moves personally because a) striker options at 6mil are terrible b) You want to see what Pep does to include Cancelo and how he treats Mendy. Both could impact Zinchenko. Lastly, c) I'd wait on Martial.
You're right. I needed to hear that. I'll start moving towards the team gradually with free transfers after the next gw, which will give time to assess it better.

podurban2

Indeed. Got a weird feeling he'll go with Cancelo as a make shift left back until Mendy is fit and then Walker will drop out.
I think he will go with the safer option, which is Zinchenko, against Spurs. No way will he throw in Cancelo - who hasn’t been involved in pre-season or played a single PL game - against possible title-contenders. Or so I hope!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think he will go with the safer option, which is Zinchenko, against Spurs. No way will he throw in Cancelo - who hasn’t been involved in pre-season or played a single PL game - against possible title-contenders. Or so I hope!
Could go Laporte at LB too, he has done that in the past.

ROFLUTION

I checked Cancelo's position last season and only in 1 game was he selected for left back, which convinced me to go for Zinchenko. I still believe he'll be used mostly on the right, with Walker covering as CB too. Tough to Say, because its Pep, but I trust Zinchenko to be the left back

Red Star One

I checked Cancelo's position last season and only in 1 game was he selected for left back, which convinced me to go for Zinchenko. I still believe he'll be used mostly on the right, with Walker covering as CB too. Tough to Say, because its Pep, but I trust Zinchenko to be the left back
Yeah, despite Baldy’s comments I can’t see him risking to play Cancelo as LB at this point. Expecting Zinch to be relatively safe for few more games, but we all play roulette with our City assets.

Nialinho

Teemu Pukki is a great shout for this Gameweek, wouldn't be surprised to see Norwich beat Newcastle comfortably.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Problem is he has a pretty tough run of fixtures after that.
So does Barnes. None of the 6.5 strikers seem good value at the moment. They're either midfielders or have tough fixtures... King may be the best option at that price.

LuckyScout78

I think Buendia from Norwich can be last season James Maddison.

Maddison had 7 goals and 7 assists in 2800 minutes. I think Buendia will do better.

Buendia looks like has stronger physical and balance player. He has strong thighs. A footie skillful player like Maddison. But i rate and think as a team Norwich is playing better football. And still have a decent and good attacking player in Mario Vrancic who didn’t play.

So i think Buendia will beat and get more points than Maddison 137 points last season. Buendia created a really nice assist against a tough good Liverpool team and defend. Buendia is definitely one to watch out on fantasy. High creative ability. And 6 mill is a good price. With a not hardest long fixtures. Buendia can be an option on midfield. Special against teams that find it hard to created big chances. And if he score or get assists. Its big chance he will get bonus points.

Beside Buendia. Pukki is a good shot and option in the attack. 6.5 mill for Pukki is a good price.He has definitive good enough support from his teammates.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're not in my work league are you?
How many people in yours?

United Hobbit

I had a dire first week possibly no premium striker didn't help but thought I'd try and be different and have Pepe & Pulisic instead. I also had Aguero and got trolled by Pep least they let him retake the penalty or it would have been even worse :rolleyes:

Thoughts are I swap out Pepe and Aguero for Sterling and Firmino as everyone in my world league seems to have Salah or Kane/ Sterling

Bit annoyed by the work one paid up ready now the guy organising it has decided not to bother emailing round about it even though hardly anyone is in it

Chillosophy

Well, feck me! Seems the pricechange-websites has not quite got the algorithm this year, lots of pricechanges this morning, I wanted Martial in :(

Price Rises! #FPL ⬆ Ederson £6.1m ⬆ Sterling £12.1m ⬆ Rashford £8.6m ⬆ de Gea £5.6m ⬆ Martial £7.6m

Price Falls! #FPL ⬇ Özil £7.4m ⬇ Matip £5.4m ⬇ Alisson £5.9m ⬇ Sané £9.4m

Reactions: Rood

kaiser00

Heston Pope
VVD TAA Maquire Rico Diop
Salah Sterling Martial Barkley Dendocker
Vardy King GreenWood

85 points so far. I got my eye on Coleman and Boli for now. Then Kane for Vardy by downgrading Barkley.

Nialinho

You're not in my work league are you?
How many people in yours?
Nah man haha, I actually joined through my girlfriends brother in law. There's 25 of us, £10 in.

I think Buendia from Norwich can be last season James Maddison.

Maddison had 7 goals and 7 assists in 2800 minutes. I think Buendia will do better.

Buendia looks like has stronger physical and balance player. He has strong thighs. A footie skillful player like Maddison. But i rate and think as a team Norwich is playing better football. And still have a decent and good attacking player in Mario Vrancic who didn’t play.

So i think Buendia will beat and get more points than Maddison 137 points last season. Buendia created a really nice assist against a tough good Liverpool team and defend. Buendia is definitely one to watch out on fantasy. High creative ability. And 6 mill is a good price. With a not hardest long fixtures. Buendia can be an option on midfield. Special against teams that find it hard to created big chances. And if he score or get assists. Its big chance he will get bonus points.

Beside Buendia. Pukki is a good shot and option in the attack. 6.5 mill for Pukki is a good price.He has definitive good enough support from his teammates.
Yeah Buendia is a baller, I was very tempted by him. Quite a statement saying he'll surpass Maddison in a much weaker Norwich side though..

Pukki or Barnes in the long run?
Hard to say, I'd go with Pukki but I always write off Burnley and Barnes did get 12 goals last year.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well, feck me! Seems the pricechange-websites has not quite got the algorithm this year, lots of pricechanges this morning, I wanted Martial in :(

Price Rises! #FPL ⬆ Ederson £6.1m ⬆ Sterling £12.1m ⬆ Rashford £8.6m ⬆ de Gea £5.6m ⬆ Martial £7.6m

Price Falls! #FPL ⬇ Özil £7.4m ⬇ Matip £5.4m ⬇ Alisson £5.9m ⬇ Sané £9.4m
Always happens at the start of the season.

I actually did bring in Martial for Moura yesterday so I'm partially to blame :lol:

Adcuth

Got vardy against Chelsea. Might have to change him to rashford. More chance of a goal there i reckon. Thoughts?

BluesJr

Blows my mind people actually went with Fraser over Martial knowing he had the 9 back and would start pretty much every game. One plays for Man Utd, one plays for Bournemouth. Fraser is a good player and was great last year in FPL but Martial as a striker is a different level.

Nialinho

Got vardy against Chelsea. Might have to change him to rashford. More chance of a goal there i reckon. Thoughts?
I'd actually stick with Vardy for now and maybe swap them later. Chelsea will lose again tonight and I can definitely see him terrorising that defence.

SteveTheRed

Baffled that people are wildcarding already, get a grip of yourself man/woman!

In GW2 we will have twice as much information to go on. Stay on course and don't make rash moves.

Adcuth

I'd actually stick with Vardy for now and maybe swap them later. Chelsea will lose again tonight and I can definitely see him terrorising that defence.
Yeah was waiting to watch the game tonight first like. See how they do against the dippers. If Zouma starts again and continues to, then I'll keep vardy. Proper got a mistake in him

podurban2

Blows my mind people actually went with Fraser over Martial knowing he had the 9 back and would start pretty much every game. One plays for Man Utd, one plays for Bournemouth. Fraser is a good player and was great last year in FPL but Martial as a striker is a different level.
Fraser had better fixtures the first two gameweeks. My plan was to bring in Martial after this weekend, while of course keeping my eye on the price changing tracker. This fecked me up real good.

BluesJr

Fraser had better fixtures the first two gameweeks. My plan was to bring in Martial after this weekend, while of course keeping my eye on the price changing tracker. This fecked me up real good.
Chelsea at home was a great fixture. Have you seen their team? They played better than anticipated but I always saw goals in that match. Sheffield Utd by contrast were always likely to be a tough opponent for Bournemouth.

podurban2

Chelsea at home was a great fixture. Have you seen their team? They played better than anticipated but I always saw goals in that match. Sheffield Utd by contrast were always likely to be a tough opponent for Bournemouth.
Well I’m happy you are here then! Should I downgrade Wilson to Jimenez you think or would that be a stupid move?

Jacob

Baffled that people are wildcarding already, get a grip of yourself man/woman!

In GW2 we will have twice as much information to go on. Stay on course and don't make rash moves.
This is exactly what happens in the stock market as well. Losers panic and winners stay the course.

roseguy64

Just swapped Heaton for Adrian. Wanted to hold onto it to make 2 transfers after next round if I wanted but was worried the price might rise for Adrian.