Fantasy Premier League 19/20

MVP_88

afternoon lads, can i get your opinion on this WC attempt

Adrian (McGovern)
Zinchencko - Digne - TAA (Lundstrum - Hanley)
KDB - Mount - Salah - Sterling - Ceballos
Haller - Barnes (Greenwood)
Keeper has got to be changed. Alisson will be back in goal when he's fit. I'd swap Zinchencko for Ortamendi, who will be getting a run in the team after Laportes' injury. If you're still looking for further funds after that, I'd swap Mount for a cheaper option and strengthen where required. Hope that's helpful.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Vardy, Haller, Abraham or Pukki?
For this weekend? The next few weeks? The season?

Haller and Abraham probably for the immediate future and fixtures.

Vardy and Pukki will probably be the best over the length of the season.

I've got Pukki, Kane & Firmino at the moment. Will be turning Firmino into Vardy in the near future and probably Kane into Auba.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
LundStorm or Soyuncu once his fixtures clear up. I'm not a fan of the 5mil ones.
Yeah I agree. Not much at that price point that interests me. Go big or go home in defence. I shouldn't have gotten rid of TAA on my wildcard but ideal defence for me would be...

TAA or Robertson/Digne/City defender/Lundstram/Cheap bench warmer

ROFLUTION

Who do people feel is more essential between Sterling and Aguero? I can only have one...
For the moment Aguero.. He plays more advanced and Sterling went more wide after Aguero came back.

Less chances for Sterling, but probably also more minutes. Aguero has a good record in the first 1-10 games of the season too, so Im going with Aguero then possibly swapping later on

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
LundStorm or Soyuncu once his fixtures clear up. I'm not a fan of the 5mil ones.
I got Lundstram and Leicester have some tough fixtures. I may go Sokratis for the next two games and when arsenal do arsenal and keep conceding, I'll swap him for Boly who is available after 2 games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
ffs I've been away so not been paying attention, and I've got drops on the players I want to get rid of and rises on those I want in.

MVP_88

ffs I've been away so not been paying attention, and I've got drops on the players I want to get rid of and rises on those I want in.
Who's dropped for you and who did you want in? A problem shared is a problem halved.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Who's dropped for you and who did you want in? A problem shared is a problem halved.
Laporte went down. He wasn't looking like falling at the weekend despite the injury, so I left it til I got back to let the internationals play out and he has now.

King has dropped.

I think Zinchenko went up, who was to be my replacement. I could be wrong there though.

MVP_88

Laporte went down. He wasn't looking like falling at the weekend despite the injury, so I left it til I got back to let the internationals play out and he has now.

King has dropped.

I think Zinchenko went up, who was to be my replacement. I could be wrong there though.
Gotta get Ortamendi in for Zinchencko, cheaper and will replace Laporte.
That'll allow you to get a decent striker to replace King

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

King has dropped.

You had me worried for a second there...

I've been monitoring King and Abraham since last weekend, hoping to put it off as late as poss, and I'd have been annoyed if I'd missed King going down to 6.3 just before I moved!

However, luckily you just mean down originally. Phew.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gotta get Ortamendi in for Zinchencko, cheaper and will replace Laporte.
That'll allow you to get a decent striker to replace King
I can already get Haller in who I want, but gonna be good and wait for my next FT to do that

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I can have Haller or Abraham without making any transfers elsewhere... not sure who to go for. Haller is a set starter but Abraham has a great run of fixtures soon...

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Wildcard used this week, at the moment I've gone with

Pope
TAA Digne Otamendi Lowton Lundstram
de Bruyne Salah Sterling Mount McGinn
Wesley Pukki Greenwood

Players in bold are ones I already owned. Currently contemplating whether to go for Adrian over Pope until Allison returns. Also not sure whether to swap McGinn for a 4.5m midfielder like Hayden and upgrade Wesley for Jimenez/Abraham/Haller. I feel with the fixtures though a pairing of McGinn and Wesley should return more points. Not convinced by Pukki either, feel he could go either way with the upcoming fixtures. Any feedback appreciated.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Pope
Wesley Pukki Greenwood

Players in bold are ones I already owned. Currently contemplating whether to go for Adrian over Pope until Allison returns. Also not sure whether to swap McGinn for a 4.5m midfielder like Hayden and upgrade Wesley for Jimenez/Abraham/Haller. I feel with the fixtures though a pairing of McGinn and Wesley should return more points. Not convinced by Pukki either, feel he could go either way with the upcoming fixtures. Any feedback appreciated.
In my opinion Norwich don't look scared of attacking, meaning Pukki should still return. How many they concede at the same time doesn't really matter, so unless Norwich look to change their approach we should be golden for now.

Your midfield and defence looks good but I'd look to get Haller in personally.

MVP_88

Best player to transfer in for Martial? Got 0.6 in the bank so can work up to 8.2. David Silva and Danny James are candidates.
Silva only if he’s guaranteed to play every game which is unlikely. Therefore James if it’s out of the 2. Mount is a good shout also

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Best player to transfer in for Martial? Got 0.6 in the bank so can work up to 8.2. David Silva and Danny James are candidates.
What's your reason for getting rid? The injury or lost faith? James could be good but likely to go back over to the right when Martial is back, which looks like now as he wasn't on the official injury list.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Pope
Wesley Pukki Greenwood

That's going in pretty weak up front, especially looking at the options you mention to upgrade Wesley! Those 3 should score fairly regularly, whereas I must admit I couldn't tell you who Wesley even is!

United Hobbit

Wan Bissaka is very close to going in the bin, we seem to have gone back to being unable to defend and De Gea making bowlers isn't helping.

If I go for a cheaper defender, itll enable me to upgrade King to Abraham or Haller (who I had to start with of course as soon as I remove him he scored multiple goals :rolleyes:) I'm tempted by Kelly but I already have Van Aanholt who of course was on my bench when he scored against us and ended up with about 12 points :rolleyes:

Captain will be KDB who is responsible for me going from last in my work league to mid table last week, he is currently one of my main differentials as not many people have him and I dont have any of the "big names" I did have Aguero but binned him after being trolled by Pep who then of course continues to troll me and goes and plays him for whole games and he scores multiple goals!

United Hobbit

Stupid question- if I manage to survive not using my wild card before the 2nd one becomes active do I lose my first one or does it stay banked and I have 2 to use? I'm sure itll be irrelevant as they will all get injured but have always had to use the first one before the 2nd one activates?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can anyone help with 3 options? I can bring in the following

Haller + Lundstorm + 0 money in bank

Or

Barnes + Lundstorm + keep 0.8 in bank for when Adrian needs replacing (means I can afford Patricio or someone like that)

Or

Barnes + Sokritis + 0 money in bank

Varun

Staff
Stupid question- if I manage to survive not using my wild card before the 2nd one becomes active do I lose my first one or does it stay banked and I have 2 to use? I'm sure itll be irrelevant as they will all get injured but have always had to use the first one before the 2nd one activates?
You'll lose it
Can anyone help with 3 options? I can bring in the following

Haller + Lundstorm + 0 money in bank

Or

Barnes + Lundstorm + keep 0.8 in bank for when Adrian needs replacing (means I can afford Patricio or someone like that)

Or

Barnes + Sokritis + 0 money in bank

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
King likely to go down, Abraham soon to go up. That's my change.

And hope Martial starts, otherwise it's Greenwood's obligatory 1 pointer, or Cantwell v City!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
In my opinion Norwich don't look scared of attacking, meaning Pukki should still return. How many they concede at the same time doesn't really matter, so unless Norwich look to change their approach we should be golden for now.

Your midfield and defence looks good but I'd look to get Haller in personally.
Yeah that's true. Not got any funds left though. It's either Hayden and upgrade Wesley to someone like Haller or go with McGinn and stick with Wesley. Aston Villa do have a really good set of fixtures coming up.

That's going in pretty weak up front, especially looking at the options you mention to upgrade Wesley! Those 3 should score fairly regularly, whereas I must admit I couldn't tell you who Wesley even is!
I've been surviving with just Callum Wilson up top so far! Yeah Wesley is a risk but at 6m with the fixtures Villa have coming up, he is the main man up top and should get some good chances to score points. I just fancy him and McGinn combined to be a safer choice than a 4.5m midfielder and one of Haller/Abraham/Jimenez over the next three or four games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Please help on my WC:

Pope
Boly, TAA, Digne
Salah, Sterling, KDB, James
Barnes, Pukki, Abraham

Subs: Button, Lundstram, Kelly, Dendonker

Or

Pope
Zinchenko, TAA, Digne
Salah, Sterling, KDB, James, Mount
Barnes, Pukki

Subs: Button, Lundstram, Kelly, Greenwood

Or

Pope
Soyuncu, TAA, Digne
Haller, Pukki

Last edited:

MVP_88

Please help on my WC:

Pope
Boly, TAA, Digne
Barnes, Pukki, Abraham

Or

Pope
Zinchenko, TAA, Digne
Barnes, Pukki

Or

Pope
Soyuncu, TAA, Digne
Haller, Pukki

How much do you have left in the bank for each scenario?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
How much do you have left in the bank for each scenario?
First one nothing
Second one 0.1
Third one 0.4

Although I've combined now for:

Pope
Soyuncu, TAA, Digne
Barnes, Pukki, Haller

0.4 left over

MVP_88

First one nothing
Second one 0.1
Third one 0.4

Although I've combined now for:

Pope
Soyuncu, TAA, Digne
Barnes, Pukki, Haller

0.4 left over
That's more like it. Strong all around. Although the strikers aren't elite, they're regulars for their respective sides.
Only 2 slight worries. Lack of a playing back up GK for rotation depending on fixtures. And James potentially coming out the side when we have players back and OGSs baffling insistence on playing Lingard.

Fosu-Mens

Wildcarded to get the value from the internationalbreak and will make the final changes tomorrow after James rises in value tonight or dependent on Martial.

Current players:

GK: Pope and Ryan

Defenders: Lunstram, TTA and VVD.

Midfielders: Cantwell, Mount, Sterling.

Attackers: Abraham and Haller

Need two defenders, two midfielders and an attacker within a budget of £36m. Anyone got any good options?