Fantasy Premier League 19/20

El-Manos

Anyone getting rid of sterling?. Tempted to go Salah - Mane
Sterling - Maddison
Pukki- Aguero

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keep Abraham, sell Pukki if a big valueloss is not involved and Wilson. Maupay should be on your list of potential attacking options.
I was on the Kane-Abraham - deadweight Greenwood route until this weekend, when I thought I'd try the triple mid price option.
Wilson always for the longer haul, as away to Arsenal was always an ask, but Pukki had to do it this weekend, as they have some aways coming. I dare say I totally missed the bandwagon on him, so can bin him easily...

Really like the earlier guy's team of
Pope
TAA - Soyuncu - Lundstram/Rico/Lowton
Mane - De Bruyne - Maddison - Mount
Wilson - Abraham - Aguero

Scouted a quick wildcard out myself, and I could do the above, just with

McGinn instead of Maddison
Kelly & Dunk instead of Rico and Lowton.
Chelsea young defender Tomori? Instead of Soyunco (not much in it)

Fosu-Mens

I was on the Kane-Abraham - deadweight Greenwood route until this weekend, when I thought I'd try the triple mid price option.
Wilson always for the longer haul, as away to Arsenal was always an ask, but Pukki had to do it this weekend, as they have some aways coming. I dare say I totally missed the bandwagon on him, so can bin him easily...

Really like the earlier guy's team of
Pope
TAA - Soyuncu - Lundstram/Rico/Lowton
Mane - De Bruyne - Maddison - Mount
Wilson - Abraham - Aguero

Scouted a quick wildcard out myself, and I could do the above, just with

McGinn instead of Maddison
Kelly & Dunk instead of Rico and Lowton.
Chelsea young defender Tomori? Instead of Soyunco (not much in it)

Fair enough.

All teams that have:

Ryan/Pope

TAA

Mane, KDB and Mount

Abraham

will perform well. Rest of the players that are selected will be the ones making the difference.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Anyone getting rid of sterling?. Tempted to go Salah - Mane
Sterling - Maddison
Pukki- Aguero
Will recommend to keep Sterling for now. He can easily haul in the next game.

Salah -> Mane is fair enough. Both seem to be equals now when it comes to scoring points.

I am holding both Salah and Sterling. United - Liverpool will be a cagey match either way so don't see any reason to spend a transfer for this game.

kps88

Like that a lot.
Would be worried Salah or Sterling turn it back on soon and leave you exposed, but you do have alternatives in their teams

May look at a wildcard myself shortly.
Yeah that's my main worry but, at the moment, my team is far too reliant on those two scoring big every week.

I probably wouldn't double up on Burnley in defence but great apart from that.

I know Spurs are shite at the moment but you'd still epxect them to keep more clean sheets than Burnley over the season. Gazzaniga is £4.4m and Lloris won't play again any time soon.
Yeah I was thinking of switching Lowton to Fredericks but Gazzaniga is also very tempting at that price. They'll probably keep a clean sheet vs Watford but who knows how they'll look after that.

United58

Is Douglas Luiz worth a punt? I'm on my wildcard and thinking of going from Cantwell to another. Why did Luiz miss a few games a few weeks ago, injured or dropped?

Another shout is Guendouzi - £4.7m, starts every game and great run of games incoming

Edit: Luiz's fixtures are very rough for the next 6 or so GWs

IrishRedDevil

—————-——-Patricio
Otamendi - Tomori - Lundstram - Pereira
-—-Mane - De Bruyne - Son - Martial
————Aubameyang - Abraham

Bench: Kelly - Cantwell - Connolly.

0.8 in the bank, possibly for Patricio to Alisson when Liverpool's fixtures turn good again.

Son is a bit of a differential.

Thoughts on this wildcard?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
—————-——-Patricio
Otamendi - Tomori - Lundstram - Pereira
-—-Mane - De Bruyne - Son - Martial
————Aubameyang - Abraham

Bench: Kelly - Cantwell - Connolly.

0.8 in the bank, possibly for Patricio to Alisson when Liverpool's fixtures turn good again.

Son is a bit of a differential.

Thoughts on this wildcard?
Apart from Martial sure. We're terrible and he's still injured. I keep repeating this...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he will be back after the International break? He had 2 goals and an assist in the first 3 games and will be the central striker.
He's been "close" to a return for about 6 weeks now, so i'd certainly hold off until he's got through at least one game first.

In theory he's a great bargain. In reality, we score no goals, are in a terrible run of form, and he's very prone to being out for substantial periods. 5 separate injuries last season.

SteveTheRed

Saka starting for Arsenal at £4.5m. Could be the new Cantwell if you have no more pressing transfers.
Lacazette will be back after the International break, would expect Saka to drop to the bench but he could potentially be swapped with Pepe?

I'm gutted I had transfers planned for the IB but thought i'd wait, and 3 of the players I wanted had a price rise last night!

Abraham
Mane
Vardy

Thoughts on these two transfers plans?
Option 1
Salah out, Mane in
Pukki out, Tammy Abraham in
the next week
Haller out, Vardy in
Zinchenko out, Rico in
Option 2
Salah out, Mahrez in
Pukki out, Firmino in
Haller out, Vardy in

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Lacazette will be back after the International break, would expect Saka to drop to the bench but he could potentially be swapped with Pepe?

I'm gutted I had transfers planned for the IB but thought i'd wait, and 3 of the players I wanted had a price rise last night!

Abraham
Mane
Vardy

Thoughts on these two transfers plans?
Option 1
Salah out, Mane in
Pukki out, Tammy Abraham in
the next week
Haller out, Vardy in
Zinchenko out, Rico in
Option 2
Salah out, Mahrez in
Pukki out, Firmino in
Haller out, Vardy in
Option 1 seems more sensible.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Why Mount out? he is doing well every gameweek.
Because he’s cheaper and, i think, going forward will return a similar points return. Add to that Mount is in EVERYONES team so this could see you gain points where others drop a few. You could have them both but i thought it would free up some more money for you elsewhere.

Yeah seems a bit knee jerky that. I like the look of Hudson Odoi too but he has much more competition for his place surely.
Well Pulisic won’t get much time in the league under Lamps and I think is ahead of Pedro. Only Willian standing in his way and i expect Lampard to put him on the other wing possibly to get Hudson in. The ONLY reason I haven’t brought him in myself is because i can only make one transfer and I can’t afford it unless i take a -4 hit, AND i have Mount and Abraham so having all three is Chelsea over-kill.

I like Hudson-Odoi also so i got him in for Yarmolenko. He is good value for his price and fixtures. But i also have Mount and he is a season keeper for me.
Would you take Tammy aswell at the same time? That’s my only conundrum. Its tempting.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Well Pulisic won’t get much time in the league under Lamps and I think is ahead of Pedro. Only Willian standing in his way and i expect Lampard to put him on the other wing possibly to get Hudson in. The ONLY reason I haven’t brought him in myself is because i can only make one transfer and I can’t afford it unless i take a -4 hit, AND i have Mount and Abraham so having all three is Chelsea over-kill.
I think I'll see if he continues to start. I've no problem going for 3 Chelsea attackers as they look like scoring bucketloads and I don't fancy any of their defenders. Also at £5.9m he's a great price and an easy switch for me from someone like Tielemans who's not doing much.

Current set up is...

Pope
TAA - Ottamendi - Soyunco (Lundstram) (Kelly)
Sterling - KDB - Mount - Tielemans (Cantwell)
Kane - Abraham - Firmino

Can easily see it becoming this in a few weeks...

Pope
Mane - KDB - Mount - Hudson Odoi (Cantwell)
Aguero - Abraham - Vardy

AlexUTD

Because he’s cheaper and, i think, going forward will return a similar points return. Add to that Mount is in EVERYONES team so this could see you gain points where others drop a few. You could have them both but i thought it would free up some more money for you elsewhere.

Would you take Tammy aswell at the same time? That’s my only conundrum. Its tempting.
I had Tammy but wanted Tomori as a defensive option so opted for Mount and Hudson Odoi instead iwch i think will do great over the whole season. Michy is doing well so they might share some game time soon.

AlexUTD

I think I'll see if he continues to start. I've no problem going for 3 Chelsea attackers as they look like scoring bucketloads and I don't fancy any of their defenders. Also at £5.9m he's a great price and an easy switch for me from someone like Tielemans who's not doing much.

Current set up is...

Pope
Sterling - KDB - Mount - Tielemans (Cantwell)
Kane - Abraham - Firmino

Can easily see it becoming this in a few weeks...

Pope
Mane - KDB - Mount - Hudson Odoi (Cantwell)
Aguero - Abraham - Vardy

That last team looks good.

My team: (looking ahead after the international break)

Pope
Otamendi - Tomori - AWB - (Rico) (Hanley)

Mount - Son - Martial - KDB - (Hudson-Odoi)

Aguero - Pukki - Aubameyang

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Almost took a -8 but convinced myself out of it

Pukki > Connolly
Guendouzi > Maddison

Norwich have only scored 1 away goal all season, is that going to change to Bournemouth away ? I don't see how. And feel like I have to get a Leicester attacker in, they are scoring goals at home. But my friends/work league is really close and I don't want to take any hts... Guess I'll stick for now and hope Pukki scores.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ouch :lol:

I bet there were a few like this with City and Spurs getting stuffed by Wolves and Brighton.

To put into perspective how mental that week was the dream team this week which scored 136 points, scored a combined 16 the week before!

You won't get many like that in a season (I hope).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, it took a couple of clicks to see what was happening there, thought the 20 points in his team was bad enough!
But 41 on the bench!

Makes my 32 and 17 not look as bad.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Wow, it took a couple of clicks to see what was happening there, thought the 20 points in his team was bad enough!
But 41 on the bench!

Makes my 32 and 17 not look as bad.
Yeah and you can't even really say he picked the wrong players to bench (without the benefit of hindsight). I was annoyed with Martin Kelly's 7 pointer on mine.

That's why I try to keep total drek on there if I can.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah and you can't even really say he picked the wrong players to bench (without the benefit of hindsight). I was annoyed with Martin Kelly's 7 pointer on mine.

That's why I try to keep total drek on there if I can.
That's it, you can't be too annoyed when you've made logical choices.

I played Maguire, Van D and Lundstram.
Maguire, as poor as United have been, away to a terrible attack - and should have scored - and could easily therefore have had a 15 pointer (as I believe we'd have then won 1-0)
Liverpool's defence will start keeping cleanies soon, and you don't bench a 6.5m defender at home!
Lundstram - got his clean sheet, and I've learnt from benching him (although I lucked out to get his 10+ pointer in once)

Meanwhile, Kelly - Palace aren't clean sheet legends very often, and Dunk, has constantly let in often late goals, even at home, so playing Kane and Tottenham was no certainty!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Errrmmm apart from a game here or there Palace under Hodgson are very good defensively. Van annholt had a great season last year and has continued that form into this season. He was a no brainer and I'm kicking myself for not backing him this time round.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I am pretty happy with my team and still have my WC. Is there something really smart I can do with it in the first half of the season? How will the WC of clubs be for Liverpool fixture wise for instance?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I am pretty happy with my team and still have my WC. Is there something really smart I can do with it in the first half of the season? How will the WC of clubs be for Liverpool fixture wise for instance?
They miss the game vs West Ham in GW18 I believe. No idea when it'll be rescheduled.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still can't quite push the button on binning Salah and Sterling... will weigh it up some more though, but usually if i'm wildcarding I do it at the start of a week.

Already seen Maguire and Pukki go down.

MVP_88

Swapped Salah and Buendia for Mane and Mount. Got changes in early as worried for price changes.

Current Squad

Pope
Tomori Mings Lundstrum
Mane Sterling(C) Mahrez Cantwell Mount
Aguero (V) Abraham

Subs: Button Kelly Pieters Greenwood

Bank: 1.4m

Gunna get KDB in for Mahrez when he’s back. Eventually will change go a 4-3-3. Rid Aguero and Greenwood for Vardy/Firmino and a mid level striker. I feel you definitely need 3-4 Man City and Liverpool players. Over the season they will get you the most points and they’re fixture proof.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gunna get KDB in for Mahrez when he’s back. Eventually will change go a 4-3-3. Rid Aguero and Greenwood for Vardy/Firmino and a mid level striker. I feel you definitely need 3-4 Man City and Liverpool players. Over the season they will get you the most points and they’re fixture proof.[/QUOTE]

Well, except for Wolves at home!!

Adcuth

Wesley in for Barnes for this week. Villa have some shite games though so he might not stay in long

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Wesley in for Barnes for this week. Villa have some shite games though so he might not stay in long
I like him though. Hasn't gone more than 2 weeks without a return. Like a cheaper Haller.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Swapped Salah and Buendia for Mane and Mount. Got changes in early as worried for price changes.

Current Squad

Pope
Tomori Mings Lundstrum
Mane Sterling(C) Mahrez Cantwell Mount
Aguero (V) Abraham

Subs: Button Kelly Pieters Greenwood

Bank: 1.4m

Gunna get KDB in for Mahrez when he’s back. Eventually will change go a 4-3-3. Rid Aguero and Greenwood for Vardy/Firmino and a mid level striker. I feel you definitely need 3-4 Man City and Liverpool players. Over the season they will get you the most points and they’re fixture proof.
your defence is too weak, you should spend more on it. I like your midfield and attack

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Will recommend to keep Sterling for now. He can easily haul in the next game.

Salah -> Mane is fair enough. Both seem to be equals now when it comes to scoring points.

I am holding both Salah and Sterling. United - Liverpool will be a cagey match either way so don't see any reason to spend a transfer for this game.
Mane went up the other day. That’s why I did it already. My plans wouldn’t have been possible otherwise.

MVP_88

your defence is too weak, you should spend more on it. I like your midfield and attack
I don’t disagree with the defence comment. But currently no one can keep clean sheets even the Big 2 so in the meantime may as well shift funds elsewhere. Eventually will get TAA in.

Dan_F

No one considering Jimenez? Great run coming up and cheaper than Haller. I’m stuck between him and Vardy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So captain choices..

KDB - could be a differential now? Risk he comes on late for a bit of fitness.
Mane - we're shite. Could be a rout. Could also raise our game and it be a cagey affair.
Aguero - Aguero.
Tammy - Playing Newcastle.
Wilson - only blanked in one game so far. Playing Norwich who concede plenty.