Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rico sitting on 3 bonus points after conceding a goal?

Kelly with a clean sheet sitting first on my bench. Hopefully Abraham isn’t fit.
Hope my 3 selected defenders produce, as have both Rico and Kelly benched!

Also like you hoping Abraham does nothing, or i'm going to be smothered in bench points!

HackeyC

Rico sitting on 3 bonus points after conceding a goal?

Kelly with a clean sheet sitting first on my bench. Hopefully Abraham isn’t fit.
I'm in exactly the same position. Wrestled with the decision and brought Abraham back in when he went to 50% chance of playing. If it is like my Lundstram incident where he was my first sub, banged in 2 goals and Otamendi came on in the 92nd minute I think I'll cry!

Canuckred64

Finally have to get rid of Sterling. He's started the season on fire but has been too inconsistent since the end if August.

IrishRedDevil

That useless prick Otamendi. I had him for a month, he earned me zero points and also lost 0.4 in value. First week I dump him and he’s playing with a clean sheet.

Edit: lovely little jinx.

Canuckred64

Finally have to get rid of Sterling. He started the season on fire but has been too inconsistent since the end if August

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thoughts on who to keep out of DSilva and KDB? I've liked having Silva in as a differential and it's felt like he's been pretty consistent. Really tempted to keep. The team I'm planning at the mo would leave me with like 3m spare.

Pope (want him gone but not a priority)
Chilwell Lundstram TAA (can't decide between him and Robertson)
Mane Maddison DSilva Son
Vardy Jiminez Mousset

Fleck Kelly Hansen (need to change him at some point)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Thoughts on who to keep out of DSilva and KDB? I've liked having Silva in as a differential and it's felt like he's been pretty consistent. Really tempted to keep. The team I'm planning at the mo would leave me with like 3m spare.

Pope (want him gone but not a priority)
Chilwell Lundstram TAA (can't decide between him and Robertson)
Mane Maddison DSilva Son
Vardy Jiminez Mousset

Fleck Kelly Hansen (need to change him at some point)
Can't really argue that Dilva is great value and it's always nice to have some money in the bank.

So sick of my bench scoring points and it's looking like another selection headache at the weekend. Seriously tempted to bring in Zaha for Tielemans or Martin for Button (or both) and bench boost this lot (assuming they come through unscathed)

Pope v Spurs (A)
Martin v Arsenal (H)
TAA v Bournemouth (A)
Soyunco v Villa (A)
Willems v Southampton (H)
Kelly v Watford (A)
Lundstram v Norwich (A)
Mane v Bournemouth (A)
Zaha v Watford (A) or Tielemans v Villa (A)
Pulisic v Everton (A)
KDB v Man Utd (H)
Cantwell v Sheffield United (H)
Kane v Burnley (H)
Vardy v Villa (A)
Abraham v Everton (A)

Nickosaur

2 FTs this week.

Thoughts on Sterling and Cantwell out for Son and Alli? Or is doubling up on Spurs a bit mad?
Slightly more sane moves might be Sterling > Son and Mount > Pulisic...

coolredwine

lameredboots
Sterling is close to getting dropped from my team. And knowing him/city, once I drop him, he's gonna come back with a hattrick.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Alli imo. Although you won't go wrong with either in the long term.
Yeah I just need the right combo. Alli allows me to upgrade elsewhere but I feel Alli is a purple patch player whereas Son is better long term.

Sterling is close to getting dropped from my team. And knowing him/city, once I drop him, he's gonna come back with a hattrick.
This is why I got rid right after the newcastle game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Am I right saying that if I sit 20 points over 2nd place in my league with mates, and my squad value is 104.1m compared to the second best of 98.7m, I more or less have the league wrapped up and should easily finish 150+ points over the rest of my group?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Am I right saying that if I sit 20 points over 2nd place in my league with mates, and my squad value is 104.1m compared to the second best of 98.7m, I more or less have the league wrapped up and should easily finish 150+ points over the rest of my group?
No.

Bigger leads have fallen. 23 games are more than enough to overcome a 20 points lead.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A 20 point lead in early December?!

Ive lost more in the final week before!

You're one bad captain choice from relinquishing the lead and a couple of injures away from the value plummeting.

That said, anyone with a value way under 100m 4months in must be dreadful at this game!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I caught and overtook 83 points in the last 3 games once. Nothing is done until it's done.

Sarni

No.

Bigger leads have fallen. 23 games are more than enough to overcome a 20 points lead.
A 20 point lead in early December?!

Ive lost more in the final week before!

You're one bad captain choice from relinquishing the lead and a couple of injures away from the value plummeting.

That said, anyone with a value way under 100m 4months in must be dreadful at this game!
I caught and overtook 83 points in the last 3 games once. Nothing is done until it's done.
Guys, I don’t mean my points advantage as the main thing I have over them. It’s squad value. £6M is huge I think.

Nickosaur

:lol: yep that's exactly how it works
edit- sorry that sounded dickish. team value is great but isn't everything. i'm sat in third in my mates league and my squad value is the highest, it will come in handy for the next wildcard but ultimately it's your selection and captain calls that will see you win or lose.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not this season. I could make a team that I'd be well happy with and have 4m left over.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Guys, I don’t mean my points advantage as the main thing I have over them. It’s squad value. £6M is huge I think.
His lower team value can still serve a good-ish team for the next 23 games. and in a league, you never know which player starts delivering when.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is, and I take it your pals are utter novices who don't touch their teams?!

How on earth do you end up with a value in the 98millions in December!?
It's pretty obvious to anyone with even half an eye for the game who the risers are a couple of months in and to get on them?!

To actually lose over a million is incredible.

Sarni

It is, and I take it your pals are utter novices who don't touch their teams?!

How on earth do you end up with a value in the 98millions in December!?
It's pretty obvious to anyone with even half an eye for the game who the risers are a couple of months in and to get on them?!

To actually lose over a million is incredible.
I don't get this either. I don't think I've been particularly clever with mine but I've had KDB since the beginning and Lundstram since game 3, which has earned me a ton of spare cash, as well as the likes of Vardy, Mount and Abraham. I tried to figure out how they could actually get to 98 millions because I do not recognize that many players who fell but I think Kane fell by 0.6m and two of them had him, and they also have Salah, Digne, Walker, AWB so it adds up.

Dan_F

Had a lead of 80 built up in my league and managed to finish on 35 last week, with second place cutting the lead in half. Hopefully it was just a shocker of a week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't get this either. I don't think I've been particularly clever with mine but I've had KDB since the beginning and Lundstram since game 3, which has earned me a ton of spare cash, as well as the likes of Vardy, Mount and Abraham. I tried to figure out how they could actually get to 98 millions because I do not recognize that many players who fell but I think Kane fell by 0.6m and two of them had him, and they also have Salah, Digne, Walker, AWB so it adds up.
Either way you could well be quids in!
Although they've done pretty well to be within 20 points!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Have both Rico and Kelly on the bench, but luckily for me both Chilwell and Martial won't be playing so will get subbed in.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So who kept Abraham?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good lad, Tammy.
Stick the knife into those who dumped you :D
Martial being out saved me as I'd risked Tammy as 1st sub. Phew.

Also got away with Tomori being benched to get Kelly's 6 in.

Would have been asking a bit too much to get Rico's 9 in as 3rd sub....unless Lundstram doesn't play for some reason!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Captain hindsight tells us Mane was the very obvs captain choice then...but Vardy felt smart, and at least gets a 10 pointer.

But Mane's on course for a 30 pointer! Never mind.