Fantasy Premier League 19/20

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Problem is, that only the utterly reckless don't have him right now.

It's that point in the season that people's teams are all so similar in super leagues.
So it's all about captaincies and randoms hauling. Which is why it's annoying I only had Rashy, not captained him. Bottom of the league Norwich yes, but Vardy against Southampton was the biggest percentage of captainers on fantasy scout for good logic. And no one saw them losing that game!
Spot on, if you want to climb the rankings at this stage you have to do things differently, that's why I brought in Aguero.

Neo_Mufc

I want to bring in 1 more City player but there's just so much Pep rotation. Sterling owners must be pretty pissed.

Paul_Scholes18

Spot on, if you want to climb the rankings at this stage you have to do things differently, that's why I brought in Aguero.
Nicely done, but who did you sacrifice? I could be without Pool attackers for now, but would need them for the double.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Mahrez actually hauls when he plays... Reece James at 5m looks interesting. Sarr from Watford still a differential. If I was wildcarding now I'd go crazy and do something drastic.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’ve been trying to pass a rule to prevent people from having KDB in our league because it’s pointless but I can’t get an agreement on that. Everyone has him and when you don’t have him as captain you just end up rooting against him which is silly. Some people can’t have fun.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nicely done, but who did you sacrifice? I could be without Pool attackers for now, but would need them for the double.
I had Sterling from pretty much the start so got rid of him. I don't think Salah has been worth his price tag this year, Mane plus 2 defenders are probably the best way to go. I've tried to avoid Liverpool players as I don't particularly like them and don't want them to do well. But I've had to get Mane.

Paul_Scholes18

I had Sterling from pretty much the start so got rid of him. I don't think Salah has been worth his price tag this year, Mane plus 2 defenders are probably the best way to go. I've tried to avoid Liverpool players as I don't particularly like them and don't want them to do well. But I've had to get Mane.
Alright, but do you have Vardy or Rashford too? I feel like I can only afford 3 expensive players unless I go with cheap ones. So if I wanted Aguero I would have to sell De Bruyne or Vardy right now.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Alright, but do you have Vardy or Rashford too? I feel like I can only afford 3 expensive players unless I go with cheap ones. So if I wanted Aguero I would have to sell De Bruyne or Vardy right now.
I have Vardy, Rashford was the one that made way for Aguero. I've cheaped out on my defense and spent most of it on the midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

I have Vardy, Rashford was the one that made way for Aguero. I've cheaped out on my defense and spent most of it on the midfield.
I have a lot on TAA. The double can be tricky for you since I do think you need 3 Pool players for that given that 2 games is so much better than 1. Gomez is the easy one to get though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't see how people are funding Salah + Mane without serious serious compromises. I have team value of 107.2m (quite high) and can't work Salah in without going really cheap in midfield. I already have Trent n Mane.

Only viable way of getting Salah is getting rid of Rashford, Vardy or KDB for me and I don't want to lose any.

Robertson it is then. Decision made I think. TAA, Robertson n Mane.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I don't see how people are funding Salah + Mane without serious serious compromises. I have team value of 107.2m (quite high) and can't work Salah in without going really cheap in midfield. I already have Trent n Mane.

Only viable way of getting Salah is getting rid of Rashford, Vardy or KDB for me and I don't want to lose any.

Robertson it is then. Decision made I think. TAA, Robertson n Mane.
Got a lower team value than you and I can do

McCarthy
Soyuncu TAA Lundstram,
Salah Mane KDB Martial Sarr
Vardy Ings

bench: Button, Reece James, Greenwood, Rico

United58

Ryan - Button

Lundstram - Baldock - TAA - Soyuncu - Kelly

Mané - KDB - Maddison - Grealish - Traore

Rashford - Vardy - Greenwood

1 FT, £3.9m ITB. Advice? Interested in Salah, out of range unless I drop Mané or KDB though. Should I wait a week to have 2 FTs?

Paul_Scholes18

Ryan - Button

Lundstram - Baldock - TAA - Soyuncu - Kelly

Mané - KDB - Maddison - Grealish - Traore

Rashford - Vardy - Greenwood

1 FT, £3.9m ITB. Advice? Interested in Salah, out of range unless I drop Mané or KDB though. Should I wait a week to have 2 FTs?
Not the most flexible side for good rotation. Greenwood is hard to know when he starts. Traore hard to know when he will produce so knowing who to start from them must be a nightmare. Double Sheffield defense might be hard to rotate too and Kelly is not that good anyway.
The easy thing would be to uppgrade a defender for Robertson/Van Dijk in the future. Digne/Sidibe could be good too.

United58

Not the most flexible side for good rotation. Greenwood is hard to know when he starts. Traore hard to know when he will produce so knowing who to start from them must be a nightmare. Double Sheffield defense might be hard to rotate too and Kelly is not that good anyway.
The easy thing would be to uppgrade a defender for Robertson/Van Dijk in the future. Digne/Sidibe could be good too.
Interesting analysis, thanks - my subs are Traore - Greenwood - Kelly (in that order) at the moment. Got Greenwood in for that Irish Brighton striker as I know his price will rocket once he starts starting more games. Liverpool defenders will be worth a lot of points as they're in 1-0 mode now (Leicester 2015/16 in a nutshell - perfect storm, rest of league dire, no injuries, VAR 12th man) but I really want Salah too :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Got a lower team value than you and I can do

McCarthy
Soyuncu TAA Lundstram,
Salah Mane KDB Martial Sarr
Vardy Ings

bench: Button, Reece James, Greenwood, Rico
You ain't got Rashford there fella. 4th highest scoring player in game. How can I drop him really?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
You ain't got Rashford there fella. 4th highest scoring player in game. How can I drop him really?
I like a challenge

McCarthy
Soyuncu TAA James Lundstram
Mane Salah KDB Grealish
Vardy Rashford

button, cantwell, greenwood, rico,

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I like a challenge

McCarthy
Soyuncu TAA James Lundstram
Mane Salah KDB Grealish
Vardy Rashford

button, cantwell, greenwood, rico,
Not bad attempt. Would mean me dropping Ings though now. Not something I want to do either. Happy with Vardy, Rashford Ings front 3 for now. All players on top of their games. Salah isn't close to his best. Been pretty ordinary really.

Robertson appealing most. Not someone I'd have to transfer out either like Salah. Don't need Mane + Salah for rest of season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve been trying to pass a rule to prevent people from having KDB in our league because it’s pointless but I can’t get an agreement on that. Everyone has him and when you don’t have him as captain you just end up rooting against him which is silly. Some people can’t have fun.
Sounds like you should try the original fantasy football.
Bidding for players and they can only be in one team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sounds like you should try the original fantasy football.
Bidding for players and they can only be in one team.
It would be fun. Last year we had a rule where only half of the players could have the same player, it was plenty of fun because you would have to actually think and plan ahead. Everyone having template teams is just boring, especially as nobody cares about their overall ranking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be fun. Last year we had a rule where only half of the players could have the same player, it was plenty of fun because you would have to actually think and plan ahead. Everyone having template teams is just boring, especially as nobody cares about their overall ranking.
We tried a World cup one once, that was based on the "one player" per team thing.

The bidding stage was incredible fun. Blind bids, and that excitement to see who'd you got. Laughing at those who'd bid insane fees for certain players, and those who'd ended up with 80m spare after all the good players had gone!

The big problem, was that after the bidding, the fun dropped off massively, and you were totally locked to what you had. No freedom. I suppose that'd be the problem with the rule you mention, or any single player rules.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We tried a World cup one once, that was based on the "one player" per team thing.

The bidding stage was incredible fun. Blind bids, and that excitement to see who'd you got. Laughing at those who'd bid insane fees for certain players, and those who'd ended up with 80m spare after all the good players had gone!

The big problem, was that after the bidding, the fun dropped off massively, and you were totally locked to what you had. No freedom. I suppose that'd be the problem with the rule you mention, or any single player rules.
A fun way to play for me and my mates back in the day was that the 10 of us would draw names out of a hat (of the 10 highest scoring players from the previous season) and every player had to start with one new player that's never played in the premier league. Those two players HAD to stay in the team for the whole season.

Nickosaur

Was annoyed that Walker was on the bench last night, but at least City's clean sheet got wiped at the last moment :lol:

SteveTheRed

I was expecting Martial and Rashford to perform against Norwich and then sell one...it's proving difficult.

I can transfer Martial out for a number of options, Mahrez, Alli, Willian, Grealish....or downgrade to Cantwell and spend else where?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was expecting Martial and Rashford to perform against Norwich and then sell one...it's proving difficult.

I can transfer Martial out for a number of options, Mahrez, Alli, Willian, Grealish....or downgrade to Cantwell and spend else where?
Martial is the one who should be the value. Plays central, a fair bit cheaper, and out of position in the game.

But it's just not panning out that way is it.

I'd probably still ship Rashford though. But nervous about that Burnley home game.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If I Wildcard now I can have this team / squad...

It looks very nice (to me, at least) -

______________________Ryan______________________
Lundstram____________TAA_____________Stephens
Mané____De Bruyne___Grealish___Salah___Cantwell
________________Vardy________Ings________________

Button - Greenwood - Williams - Baldock

And have 1.5 left to play with.

It's defo better than my current squad - shall I pull the trigger?

Last edited:

MVP_88

Strong. As you’ve still got money in the bank, I’d consider upgrading Stephens

Rhyme Animal

Strong. As you’ve still got money in the bank, I’d consider upgrading Stephens
Thanks man.

Was thinking I could rotate Stephens (that's Stephens from Southampton btw) with Baldock and Williams.

Who would you upgrade him to? Ideally I still wanna keep a bit of Dosh for future power moves (Aguero, Kane etc if necessary).

DelPotro

I don't like Cantwell as one of your starting players. His fixtures are not good after this week. I would upgrade him to someone like Sarr.

MVP_88

Thanks man.

Was thinking I could rotate Stephens (that's Stephens from Southampton btw) with Baldock and Williams.

Who would you upgrade him to? Ideally I still wanna keep a bit of Dosh for future power moves (Aguero, Kane etc if necessary).
Very true, always good to have reserves. Cartcart or Dunk is potentially a shout. Both Sub £5m.

Rhyme Animal

I don't like Cantwell as one of your starting players. His fixtures are not good after this week. I would upgrade him to someone like Sarr.
Very true, always good to have reserves. Cartcart or Dunk is potentially a shout. Both Sub £5m.
Cheers for the feedback lads - with Cantwell, he's basically bench rotation as well, if his fixture isn't appealing I'd rotate him with Greenwood, Kelly, Stephens or Baldock.

Sarr would be a good signing I'm sure, and he does interest me, but he's just that bit too pricey...

It'd basically have to be Sarr or Grealish, and my main rival has Grealish, so I'm quite keen to keep him covered.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Team for this week:

Ryan
TAA - Lundstrom - Soyuncu
Mane - KDB - Maddison - Mount
Rashford - Vardy - Ings

Not sure if i should start Mount away to Newcastle or Cantwell at home to Bournemouth

Any suggestions?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Team for this week:

Ryan
TAA - Lundstrom - Soyuncu
Mane - KDB - Maddison - Mount
Rashford - Vardy - Ings

Not sure if i should start Mount away to Newcastle or Cantwell at home to Bournemouth

Any suggestions?
I'm playing Cantwell. Decided to spend less time making decisions in the second half of the season as i seem to overthink everything and make the wrong choice anyway. Gonna do my transfers early, set the team up and forget about it.

Fabianski out for Ryan...

Ryan

TAA - Robertson - Lundstram

Cantwell - Mane (vc) - Sarr - KDB (c)

Vardy - Jimenez - Abraham

Subs : MccArthy - Martial - Holgdate - Soyunco

I reckon I'll bring in Ings for Jim or Tammy next week.