Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

Only positive of this postponement is at least it's in this odd two week gameweek. Therefore they should either be able to move midweek or to next weekend.
Although do they want the break? We remember Klopps comments about the winterbreak before and playing with kids since he got 2 days less to personally rest.
Naturally they will put it during the week when Pool and Spurs play CL football since both sides will not have a game then.
If not they are breaking the winterbreak, which they can do. Although it would be a bit unfair on them.
Particular on West Ham.

Paul_Scholes18

Luckily if the Sheffield game is off I got a backup keeper at least. For my fantasy team it would be ideal if it was off.
Boring with no game though

Anyone actually paying attention to weather and similar things regarding performances? Hard work to find weather stats for each game unless you are dedicated.
Rain/wind certainly has some form of impact, but probably not enough to pick your captain based on it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I live 10 miles outside of Manchester and the weather has died down a lot now. It's definitely playable and safe.

It was horrendous an hour ago.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Surely it'll just be rescheduled for next week...?

There's still 9 days of this gameweek left - I reckon they'll move it to sometime next week.
Doubt it. City n Westham players have week off. Doubt they will cancel their winter break. Gameweek 29 double has been muttered already.

Basically shit out of luck. Ah well.....

Paul_Scholes18

Doubt it. City n Westham players have week off. Doubt they will cancel their winter break. Gameweek 29 double has been muttered already.

Basically shit out of luck. Ah well.....
Pep benching your captain and then giving him 10 minutes is worse though. Now you at least get a vice captain.
If Salah is ill or something like that then that would hurt.
I have had both my captain and vice not playing in the past. One of them Sterling so got myself to blame knowing Pep who benched him.
Although if you end with 10 players it is obviously annoying, but I think few got 0 City players anyway.

From a negative risk perspective this might even be good for you since everyone will have Salah. Although from a gain potential bad.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why outta luck though? You got Salah VC right...?

Who's your bench mate?
Yeah Salah as VC but I went for Aguero over Auba in the end and still got KDB too. Still not great.

However apparently there's a chance the game will be played on the midweek after next week as City's CL fixture is not till week after that so could still potentially be classed as gw26.

Still hope.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Salah as VC but I went for Aguero over Auba in the end and still got KDB too. Still not great.

However apparently there's a chance the game will be played on the midweek after next week as City's CL fixture is not till week after that so could still potentially be classed as gw26.

Still hope.
Didn't Klopp say the PL promised a winterbreak ;), but then FA didn't care.
My guess is Klopp talked bullshit though so they might put it in next week.

Tv will probably rule here in the end. So I don't think they will play on the same time and day when CL games are played.
Monday next week got our game too. Maybe Thursday this week or is it too early?
Could just move it far ahead too towards the end of the season too.
Not sure City care about many games since they have nothing to play for then anyway.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't Klopp say the PL promised a winterbreak ;), but then FA didn't care.
My guess is Klopp talked bullshit though so they might put it in next week.

Tv will probably rule here in the end. So I don't think they will play on the same time and day when CL games are played.
Monday next week got our game too. Maybe Thursday this week or is it too early?
Could just move it far ahead too towards the end of the season too.
Not sure City care about many games since they have nothing to play for then anyway.
Won't be this week. Both teams will rightly get their week off.

My guess is it could be the mid week after on say the 19th. They will probably get special permission from Uefa to play it on CL matchday. They can hardly do much about the weather can they?

Paul_Scholes18

Won't be this week. Both teams will rightly get their week off.

My guess is it could be the mid week after on say the 19th. They will probably get special permission from Uefa to play it on CL matchday. They can hardly do much about the weather can they?
Yeah I think you are right there. Since City will probably reach Fa cup semi final they will have 4 games moved probably. Thus it will be a nightmare to find dates for them all near the end.
They could squeeze them in and get a triple gameweek in week 37 :).

Play Friday/Saturday, Monday, Thursday. Although City will probably get knocked out of CL to make life easier.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah I think you are right there. Since City will probably reach Fa cup semi final they will have 4 games moved probably. Thus it will be a nightmare to find dates for them all near the end.
They could squeeze them in and get a triple gameweek in week 37 :).

Play Friday/Saturday, Monday, Thursday. Although City will probably get knocked out of CL to make life easier.
Hope so as otherwise changing from Auba to Aguero on Friday could sting me.

Can't see how Uefa could possibly refuse in these circumstances.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope so as otherwise changing from Auba to Aguero on Friday could sting me.

Can't see how Uefa could possibly refuse in these circumstances.
It is CL first game week or the CL second game week. Thus they probably need to stick it on a CL date either way.
Although could do a monday game too in the future after a saturday game.
Sometimes they want to give rest. Other times they don't care.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It is CL first game week or the CL second game week. Thus they probably need to stick it on a CL date either way.
Although could do a monday game too in the future after a saturday game.
Sometimes they want to give rest. Other times they don't care.
Westham don't play till Monday night in gw27 so I reckon there's a decent chance they'd agree to the 19th.

City play Saturday night in gw27.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sheff Utd double clean sheet just wiped out too. Going from bad to worse.

Paul_Scholes18

Westham don't play till Monday night in gw27 so I reckon there's a decent chance they'd agree to the 19th.

City play Saturday night in gw27.
West Ham might want a winterbreak though. City might prefer more rest in the future before CL games.
Although not sure they have any power here anyway.

Imagine if they do a Klopp and play the kids ;). West Ham will not, but Pep might do something like that hehe.
Sterling could be back and Aguero benched too if they play next week.

You might see Aguero rest and be happy since Salah scored 2 ;).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
West Ham might want a winterbreak though. City might prefer more rest in the future before CL games.
Although not sure they have any power here anyway.

Imagine if they do a Klopp and play the kids ;). West Ham will not, but Pep might do something like that hehe.
Sterling could be back and Aguero benched too if they play next week.

You might see Aguero rest and be happy since Salah scored 2 ;).
They could have the entire week off now and train Monday, Tuesday and play Wednesday. Most teams only having a week off because of warm weather training. They'd have no less time off.

Paul_Scholes18

Lundstram! One super sub in my crappy squad! On my bench and on Sheffields bench. Come on and score from both.
Sometimes having a crappy team with dropped players can reward you.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I left Lundstram on my bench.. typical. I only left him out because I noticed he's not been getting 90 mins like he used to. Why is he listed as a defender though? He's got one of the most points tally for a defender but whenever I've seen him he's a number 7 playing as a midfielder?

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I left Lundstram on my bench.. typical. I only left him out because I noticed he's not been getting 90 mins like he used to. Why is he listed as a defender though? He's got one of the most points tally for a defender but whenever I've seen him he's a number 7 playing as a midfielder?
He is a midfielder wrongly listed as a defender. He probably played in defense for a few games in the Championship or something.
They normally struggle since players have different roles.
Rashford should be midfielder, Martial forward etc. Deulofeu should probably be midfielder although he has played up front too.
Richarlison should be forward probably. Martinelli midfielder. Greenwood a bit of both, but probably midfielder mostly.

IrishRedDevil

Lundstram you beauty :drool:

Left him in the starting team as a high risk as I had a gut feeling he would return.

Nice little parting gift before I get rid.

Paul_Scholes18

Shouldn't have ditched Lundstram then eh?
I wanted to sell him, but in the end I went more risky and improved my attack. We will see if that gives rewards.
Defenders are so hard to predict when it comes to goals and more often than not you will get 1-2 points after one cheap goal conceded.
A hit to get/sell a defender is often not worth it unless they are stars like TAA.
4.5 defenders rarely do much.

Hopefully he can get his place back in the team. Cause he is great to have given that he likes to score goals.

Paul_Scholes18

Lundstram you beauty :drool:

Left him in the starting team as a high risk as I had a gut feeling he would return.

Nice little parting gift before I get rid.
You are selling now? What if he gets his place back?
For me Sidibe is out before him 100% now.
Even if Everton has a safe 0-0 game against us soon ;).

It should be said though I got a terrible team at the moment.
I have to bet on Lundstram playing since I got 4 worse players
than 35 minutes with Lundstram in my side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brought Lundstram into my starting team, as got sick of Soyuncu having done nothing for ages.
Rewarded!

Makes up a little for the prospect of losing Aguero home to West Ham! When he was guaranteed to start. If it's played in a month or more time he won't be. Garhh.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Brought Lundstram into my starting team, as got sick of Soyuncu having done nothing for ages.
Rewarded!
Just as his replacement was brought in?!

I'd just got rid of him. I give up on this season. The mates in my ML who aren't switched on about it benefit once again.

Paul_Scholes18

Get rid of Lundstram they said, he won't be playing much now they said.

Bunch of cnuts! :mad:
We were right. He didn't play much ;).
Few said he would turn into Benteke in front of goal.
Although even those who said that would be right this weekend ;).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Meh I got rid of Lundy for Egan on wildcard so I'm not any worse off. Knew he'd probably come on today and score. Just had a feeling after selling him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just as his replacement was brought in?!

I'd just got rid of him. I give up on this season. The mates in my ML who aren't switched on about it benefit once again.

I think it was the way his manager had spoke well of him, that just tipped me that he might get a look in. Obvs still benched, but thought no worse chance of a good score than Soyuncu.
If Leicester had been home to someone easy, it would have been a much more risky one.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Amazing how 1 bad decision can manifest. I had money in the bank, I should have done Mane > Salah. I got blindsided by the value I had in Mane. Which then made me take a risky move by getting Aguero in and now its all gone tits up. Praying it's rescheduled for this GW.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Amazing how 1 bad decision can manifest. I had money in the bank, I should have done Mane > Salah. I got blindsided by the value I had in Mane. Which then made me take a risky move by getting Aguero in and now its all gone tits up. Praying it's rescheduled for this GW.
It's not looking good for this gameweek. Absolutely no chance of being next week. Potentially could be played on 18th or 19th but far from certain. That would give both teams a week off though so they might agree.

Just one of those things. I know someone in my mini league who TC Mane when he got injured and he's just wildcarded to get Aguero n Mahrez to add to KDB. Now that's how bad it can get.

Paul_Scholes18

It's not looking good for this gameweek. Absolutely no chance of being next week. Potentially could be played on 18th or 19th but far from certain. That would give both teams a week off though so they might agree.

Just one of those things. I know someone in my mini league who TC Mane when he got injured and he's just wildcarded to get Aguero n Mahrez to add to KDB. Now that's how bad it can get.
Damn that luck is insane. Games moved by weather and injuries are probably the hardest thing to predict.
Apart from knowing which players are injury prone etc, but it do not apply to Mane much.
I guess if the weather is extreme you might know a few days in advance that games could be moved.
Although hard to know which games unless they are spread out a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I didn't think it'd be so soon that the massive flaw in a winter break showed its face!
Namely that you can't predict when between November and Feb there might be mad weather, especially now we're seeing more extremes. Like snow in March a couple of years back etc.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Lots of City fans very confident the game will go ahead this gameweek...

Apparently something on City's website about it taking place in the week at 4.30 or some such.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lots of City fans very confident the game will go ahead this gameweek...

Apparently something on City's website about it taking place in the week at 4.30 or some such.
Yeah I saw this and it was quickly deleted by city. So something is going on.

There's a good chance that they will get through to fa cup semi finals too so they will get two more postponed games to add to the two they already have. It's going to have to be played this next 10 days.