Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Paul_Scholes18

City have had a long rest now I expect him to play most of the big attackers esp with Sterling out.
They have really nothing to play for. I guess they might hope they can catch Pool before it is done.
Although it is such a slim chance so it would make sense to rest players before CL.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Thing is Aguero just needs 20 minutes to bag a brace. That's all I'm asking for Pep!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They have really nothing to play for. I guess they might hope they can catch Pool before it is done.
Although it is such a slim chance so it would make sense to rest players before CL.
The West Ham game is a week before now? So. Plenty of days before the game.

Although it's impossible to tell with Pep, but I think he will play Aguero atleast.

Paul_Scholes18

The West Ham game is a week before now? So. Plenty of days before the game.

Although it's impossible to tell with Pep, but I think he will play Aguero atleast.
Yeah, but they have Leicester too. Of course they could rest them against Leicester.
Still think he would rather go strong in that game.
Aguero could play either one or both since I am not sure if Pep wants to start him vs Real or not.
Depend on the tactics they will use.

West Ham would be the ideal time to rest De Bruyne before next international break.
Of course he could play him 90 minutes all games.
Just with De Bruynes injury record I would give him a longer break if I was Pep.

devil in me

City wont have played for 17 days by the time they play west ham. Cant see the big hitters being rested, Pep will want them back up to fitness before the champions league restarts. If he rests them against west ham its 3 weeks without a game then Leicester and Real Madrid 3 days later. Cant seee it.
More likely 90 mins next week, then some slight rotation V Leicester I wouldve thought

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City wont have played for 17 days by the time they play west ham. Cant see the big hitters being rested, Pep will want them back up to fitness before the champions league restarts. If he rests them against west ham its 3 weeks without a game then Leicester and Real Madrid 3 days later. Cant seee it.
More likely 90 mins next week, then some slight rotation V Leicester I wouldve thought
Agreed.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Now hearing that Storm Dennis is likely to cause more delays and possible postponed matches this gameweek...

They really should've just had an actual break for two weeks, or had 2 separate GWs where half the teams played in each.

This winter break has been crap (just like VAR), and has essentially failed with the City and West Ham faffing about.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Now hearing that Storm Dennis is likely to cause more delays and possible postponed matches this gameweek...

They really should've just had an actual break for two weeks, or had 2 separate GWs where half the teams played in each.

This winter break has been crap (just like VAR), and has essentially failed with the City and West Ham faffing about.
How ironic would it be if it's the Liverpool game on Saturday that now gets postponed and moved to a double gameweek. Weather forecast for Saturday all over UK is as bad as it was here in the northwest when the City game got pulled.

ROFLUTION

Which games does the storm look like affecting? Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday-games?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If only we knew what the weather would be like in advance, when they arranged the Winter break.
Wait. If it's a break then there shouldnt be any games being played to be postponed. I dont know why they've staggered the fixtures like they have.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Which games does the storm look like affecting? Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday-games?
We've got a month's worth of rain over the weekend due so that's one issue. However it's the wind that's likely to be the bigger issue again like it was for City vs Westham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only we knew what the weather would be like in advance, when they arranged the Winter break.
The obvious issue with selecting a winter break in this country, was when do you have it. We can have shocking weather anywhere between nov and feb. And even a couple of years ago in March. Weather extremes seem to increase by the year too, so it's all a bit of a gamble, and id have thought going earlier rather than later was the wiser call..leaving more time if there were other dodgy weather issues.

Called off games in mid feb don't leave tonnes of options!

Rhyme Animal

Who do you lot reckon is gonna score the most points THIS gameweek (26) out of this bunch...

1. Salah (Norwich A)
2. Son (Villa A)
3. Grealish (Spuds H)
4. Ings (Burnley H)
5. Firmino (Norwich A)

Paul_Scholes18

Who do you lot reckon is gonna score the most points THIS gameweek (26) out of this bunch...

1. Salah
2. Son
3. Grealish
4. Ings
5. Firmino
Let me look at the wind/weather predictions first. Then assume it is all wrong and still have no clue.
Salah is my captain so that makes him worse with my poor luck for captain influence.
Firmino would be my pick since he is the guy I do not have. He only scores in away games too so far.
Seriously though it is Salah for sure. If Milner play maybe Firmino has slightly better odds to beat him.
Son can do great too, but Spurs are harder to trust.

Rhyme Animal

Let me look at the wind/weather predictions first. Then assume it is all wrong and still have no clue.
Salah is my captain so that makes him worse with my poor luck for captain influence.
Firmino would be my pick since he is the guy I do not have. He only scores in away games too so far.
Seriously though it is Salah for sure. If Milner play maybe Firmino has slightly better odds to beat him.
Son can do great too, but Spurs are harder to trust.
Haha, pick one and stand by it...

Paul_Scholes18

Haha, pick one and stand by it...
'I back my captain Salah though. Not that I am great at picking captains, but got to stand behind your pick.
He is the logical choice given his form. Although a lot could happen with weather and other things.

Ings is a good pick given that he plays on saturday and the rest sunday. So if all sunday games are off he can win with 1 point.
Still I think they will play all games. Klopp can tell them to stop the game due to weather and if they listen we know they bloody want Pool to win it.
Hopefully the people doing the inspection play fantasy too and want Salah to play ;).

starman

Very confusing, I thought we started a new gameweek seeing as there's a game on tonight and rushed make a transfer, thankfully I double checked the upcoming fixtures....

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Well that was weak. Hope Aguero plays cos Jimenez is vice.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't mind if he stays on the bench and doesn't come on I have Lundstram first on the bench.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad to see the Liverpool game on, having Salah c, and 3 players.
And for some inexplicable reason ended up with Perez as VC instead of the much more obvs Aguero!

The three may still do little, but if the game had been off I'd have been down to 9!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0. I think Klopp should bring Salah off, not a good idea to play a full 90 minutes after such a long break..

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mane scores, hopefully Salah blanks now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Aguero brace or better midweek and I'm looking golden at top of 2/3 of my cash mini leagues. Already got a healthy lead in all of them and everyone went Salah captain this week.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
All clean sheet in back 3 defence, Robbo TAA and Soy.
36 before bonuses with Aguero (C), KDB & Martial to play.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All clean sheet in back 3 defence, Robbo TAA and Soy.
36 before bonuses with Aguero (C), KDB & Martial to play.
Very nice.

I got all defenders too. Egan, VVD n TAA. Even got Boly on bench too.

I'm going to do the same, but thinking to swap him for Jimenez, or upgrade Greenwood to Calvert, which means downgrading my midfield.

Whatever I do will be the wrong thing to do.
I would keep Jimenez i have him and Ings up top. Whose in your midfield?

Salah, KDB, Richarl, Martial and Maddison.

Maddison for Grealish, probably. Still think there are goals in Martial.
Thats a good selection i have KDB, Salah and Grealish as my starters. Doucoure and Cantwell on the bench, i should probably take Cantwell out now tbh.